“The Wealth of the Wicked is Stored Up for the Righteous”

pine_treesAfter praying on the evening of Sunday August 23rd 2009, and then again Monday morning the 24th, to know whether the inner voice I was hearing was the Holy Spirit or my own inner man, on Monday morning, the Holy Spirit told me, “Get in your car and drive to Gunnison where I will give you further instructions.”

It took me several hours to convince myself, but I finally decided to do it. Before I left, I was put in a short trance and given a vision in which I saw what looked like a strange grouping of large ponderosa trees going uphill to a small cabin where there was a Mexican man wearing a huge sombrero and sleeping in siesta fashion against the door post. I looked around the area to take it in, then from the right side a huge grizzly bear ran into the scene and attacked the man. They tumbled down the hill in a fight.

I was then able to see into the doorway a sack with seventeen bars of gold and five of silver, and was told by the Spirit, “I want to give these to you.”

I was confused and said, “I am not responsible enough to have them.”

He told me, “Read Isaiah 45 and 60. I am about to give My church the means to pay for My plan.”

So not knowing what I was in for, I got in my car and left at about 10 am to drive to Gunnison. When I arrived in Gunnison, I was told, “Drive toward Monarch Pass.”

As I was driving there, I was told, “Make a right and go towards Sawatch.”

I drove for quite a long way and then I was told, “Make a right hand turn.”

I was looking for the place I saw in the vision with the ponderosa trees, but there were no ponderosa trees nearby. This area was covered by a spruce forest, so I asked, “Lord, I am in my car. Will I be able to get to the place I saw in the vision okay?”

He said, “It will be so easy you will laugh.”

So, I continued driving and was told, “Take a left onto a ranch rut style road.”

I continued following several more instructions, which led me way up on a mountain side. I passed through two gates and continued driving along a fence line. There, I was told, “Stop.”

I got out of my car and was told, “Go up the hillside a couple of hundred yards to a tree.”

I could see the tree. It was a bristle cone pine and the trunk looked just like an old ponderosa. Then the Holy Spirit told me, “Walk off to the left and then to the right.”

So I walked in a zig zag direction all about the top of this mountain. I asked the Holy Spirit, “Why aren’t I laughing yet?”

Then he gave me clear instructions to a certain spot. I kept going, but thought I was lost. I wanted to know if it was Him, so I asked, “Is this trip a faith walk of some kind”

I was told, “Yes.”

He let me take a small rest and then led me to a place and said, “Turn right and look up.”

When I did, I saw the same scene I saw in the vision. I walked up to it. The Cabin was long gone, but the Holy Spirit told me a little story of the evil man I saw in the vision. I asked Him, “What happened to the gold?”

He replied, “It is still there.”

I asked, “Should I dig it up?”

He answered, “No.”

Not knowing what to think, I sat down and just took it all in. This place was just beautiful. I had listened to God and was taken to the exact place I had been shown in the vision.

Before I left home, I had told God, “I don’t want to be responsible for millions of dollars in gold. I need to mature first.”

Then it sank in. He gave me something much more valuable than gold and silver, the assurance that the voice I was listening to was God. So, after a while, I turned and walked over to the trees and just admired them. I could see my car down the hill behind an aspen grove. I had a good laugh with God and then went back to my car.

I got in my car thinking I knew how to get out of there, but I got lost. I drove back through each cattle guard, shutting them behind me. Then I drove down the road until it became impassable. I tried three times in the natural. Then out of despair, I finally asked God for directions. He instructed me to drive about a mile, then stop the car and get out and walk 45 feet. Then He said, “Look to the right.”

From there I could see the road and knew exactly where I needed to go. I haven’t been the same since. Ever since that day, I have not been afraid to constantly ask God for directions.

The more I look back on what happened that day, the more I have questioned God about Isaiah 60. One day He answered me saying, “When I am ready to supply My people for My purposes, all I need is servants who will listen to Me. I have places all over the country where the wealth of the wicked has been stored up for the righteous.”

He also told me, “You are going to have a ministry in a time of great distress.”

Times are going to get tough, but God will provide. Just as he had me drive to a place not normally accessible by car, God will make a way where there appears to be no way. He can make a road in the wilderness, available only to His bride. By following His instructions exactly, we arrive in the exact place where He wants us to be. Along the way, He gives us His rest and talks to us about His plans.

If these things are true, then we never need to fret about anything because God is completely in charge.

The wealth of the sinner is stored up for the righteous. (Proverbs 13:22b)

“I will give you the treasures of darkness and hidden wealth of secret places, so that you may know that it is I, the Lord, the God of Israel, who calls you by your name. (Isaiah 45:3)

4 “Lift up your eyes round about and see; they all gather together, they come to you. Your sons will come from afar, and your daughters will be carried in the arms.
5 “Then you will see and be radiant, and your heart will thrill and rejoice; because the abundance of the sea will be turned to you, the wealth of the nations will come to you.
6 “A multitude of camels will cover you, the young camels of Midian and Ephah; all those from Sheba will come; they will bring gold and frankincense, and will bear good news of the praises of the Lord.
7 “All the flocks of Kedar will be gathered together to you, the rams of Nebaioth will minister to you; they will go up with acceptance on My altar, and I shall glorify My glorious house. (Isaiah 60:4-7)

Bob Foisel

Author: Bob Foisel

Bob Foisel is a resident of SW Colorado. He has worked as an auto mechanic and business owner. He has seen God perform many healings and miracles, right in the work place. He has been married 37 years to his wife Carrie. They have four sons and two grandchildren.

Ed h
Ed h
December 13, 2016 7:10 PM

Bob,
Awesome story. my wife had an experience about 15 years ago that she will never forget.
She and my 3 young children at the time were in our Suburban on the Coronado bridge in San Diego. She is afraid of heights so this made her anxious. It was pouring rain and as she was going over the bridge the Suburban lost all electrical power. Our Suburban had 2 batteries.

Now she is stuck on the side of a bridge 200′ in the air and it’s poring rain with 3 young kids.
Out of nowhere comes a man walking on the bridge pulling a cart with a battery charger. He jump starts the car and as soon as my wife turns to thank him he’s gone. He’s not in front he’s not in back he’s literally vanished.

To this day that story still comes up .

December 13, 2016 7:37 PM

What an awesome testimony! Thanks Ed.

Gary Lee
Gary Lee
December 14, 2016 4:18 AM
Bob Thank you for sharing your walk with the Lord and the wisdom in your comments. Wish I had been able to read them when I was first baptisted in the Spirit and find them encouraging and helpful even now. I had a similar experience as in your article being guided by the Lord step by step to the location of a crucial lost key. But you mentioned entertaining angels unawares in one of your comments. I would like to share such an occurrence. The aspens were changing color just south of Gunnison in Lake City Co. My family and I started off on a 4wheel backcountry road on a beautiful morning. I jokingly asked them “Is everyone saved? Here we go”. This is a true mountain wilderness area. As the morning progressed, we crossed over the divide on our way to Ouray. The weather changed and it started snowing. The road got rougher and narrower and was clinnging to the face of a cliff. There was no place to turn around or backup. Then it got worse. The road disappeared on a slab of granite for about 200 yards and it tilted about 15-20 degrees toward a thousand foot drop. Did I mention there was 2 inches of snow on the ground by now? We made it across praying all the way and the snow changed to torrential rain. Waterfalls began appearing on the thousand foot cliff to the right and crossing the road to continue falling a thousand feet on the left into the valley. Then there suddenly appeared a man in the road who seemed to be suffering hyperthermia in the rain. I got him in the car and warmed up and he asked if he could ride with us to Ouray and pick up his mountain… Read more »
Mary
Mary
December 13, 2016 11:06 AM

When I read this, I immediately loved it. Not for the treasure, but your honesty, and your willingness to follow the Lord. This testimony has done volumes for me, thank you!

Shimon
Shimon
December 13, 2016 1:20 PM

Bob thank you for an encouraging word from God. Hearing His voice is paramount – paramount to our proper growth and maintenance of His testimony.
God often teaches us spiritual realities by using life’s everyday common examples. As newborn babies learner their native language by repeatedly hearing their parents voice, so it is with God’s own children. By allowing God to speak to us every day through His Word we too learn a new language – a Divine language. TO KNOW GODS VOICE, WE MUST ABIDE IN GODS WORD.

Russell
Russell
December 13, 2016 11:44 AM

Now that was certainly and interesting story of guidance. I have heard the voice for God speak to me that came as thunder from all directions and from nowhere. I have had the same experience, drive here, turn there, stop, this house etc. It is an amazing experience.

Ming
Ming
December 13, 2016 12:16 AM

Hi Bob,

Will much appreciate if you would share with us how you’ve started & continue the journey/adventure of hearing & distinguishing HIS still small Voice. Let’s start from your born again experience, the baby steps to hearing God, up to this mind-blowing trip with Him. Thanks & have a Merry X’mas!

Ming

Mary
Mary
December 13, 2016 11:04 AM

One baby step – long ago I was convicted of saying or writing “X-mas”. Christ is taken out of so much these days that anything we can do to keep Christ in our world, the better, especially at Christmas. Blessings hun!
But I am totally with you on the rest. sometimes I wonder what I am hearing, yet I have had several distinct times where I have heard his voice, and advice in this area is appreciated.

Peggy A.
December 13, 2016 4:26 PM

Mary,
Same here on the “X-mas” topic…….CHRISTmas!

Katie Troutman
Katie Troutman
December 13, 2016 12:56 PM

This is the best story/experience ever!!! I’m looking forward to experiencing this in times to come! What a blessing and fun experience this must have been! God bless you and thank you for sharing it with us!

Robin Benoit
Robin B
December 13, 2016 8:46 AM

Thank you Bob for sharing this amazing Holy Spirit led treasure hunt that you experienced. I like the point God made that we need him both going and coming. I pray that i listen and obey like you do.

Jane NZ
Jane NZ
December 14, 2016 8:00 PM

Dear Bob, wow! The LORDs companionship and friendship that you’ve illustrated for us is so wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing. I’ve only just read this now but on the date you posted this I was out walking and the LORD said something like ‘big tree turn around’. I had been walking with my head down and didn’t notice the tree that stood out from all the other secondary forest around me. Any way the picture is a bit like what I saw. I have personal promises found in those two scriptures regards having my children and wealth restored and believe them to be fulfilled in the Christmas season. I don’t celebrate Christmas but believe that to be the season. There is a great deal here, not just in your testimony but also in the comments that others have shared. I hope you share and demonstrate more for us about two way conversation with the LORD and being free to be led by the Holy Spirit. Thanks again. Love Jane