“My House shall be called a House of Prayer!”

Last month, the Holy Spirit began dealing with me while I was at work and I heard this word in my Spirit,

“My child, My House was made for a house of prayer, a holy habitation, but it has become a den of thieves and a hoard for liars. My house, My sanctuary, which I built upon the foundation of the prophets and Apostles has become one for entertainment purposes, a circus for spectators; My house which I desire to dwell.

Man has shifted the purpose of My house from establishing My KINGDOM, to generating revenues to fulfill their own desires and worldly deeds. My child, this ought not to be! Why must I not send a rebuke and shake this house? Why must I not cleanse My House of all this filth and corruption that I see? Why must I not do with this house as I please? I must REFORM and REFASHION MY HOUSE! I must overturn man’s agenda for My House and establish TRUE WORSHIP unto ME ONLY! I must remove the dross from My House and clean the smear from My Tabernacle.

My child, My House must return to its former glory and even greater. Sin and every appearance must be removed from My House. The blood of My saints must not be in vain, the blood of My Son must not be in vain. So I AM making this decree, that THE LATTER GLORY OF MY HOUSE SHALL BE GREATER THAN THE FORMER! Remove from My House the theatrics and allow for My Spirit to move. Order will be established in My House, for My House shall be called A HOUSE OF PRAYER!”

Saints, I submit that we ought to get back to the heart of worship, change, regulate and go back to HIS foundation with Christ the center of our fellowship. Nothing and no one should take the place of Jesus Christ, Yeshua the Messiah!

Matthew 21:13
Eph 2:20-21
Ezekiel 22
Ezekiel 43, 7-11
Haggai 2

Syreeta Thomas

Author: Syreeta Thomas

Syreeta Thomas a born again believer living in Kingston, Jamaica. She studied business at Rapid College of Commerce. Since 2009, she has worked as Business Development Manager at Craftsman Limited.

Syreeta is a proud mother of four beautiful children. Her goal and priority is to have an abundant life, to positively inspire whom I will, and to please God.

Marjorie Owen
April 5, 2017 10:13 PM

Thank you, thank you Ms. Syreeta. For the last year or two my circumstances have prevented me from going to church regularly. But I haven’t really missed it, for I had grown increasingly weary of the thump, thump of the “bless me” choruses with no tune and no message; tired of watching young children wander about the sanctuary during services while their parents play catch and release with them; tired of talent shows in lieu of congregational singing….etc. And I am not speaking of any one church. The larger churches have different faults than the little ones, but they all have one big problem. Where the Holy Spirit has not been completely banished, He is being limited by the mindset of the people.

I remember His sweet, holy presence in the church, times when a holy hush fell and no one moved or uttered a word for what seemed like forever….times of weeping, times of rejoicing, times of prayer and supplication, being glued to the ground in the presence of the Lord, times of prayer and personal ministry that lasted on into the night. I could go on and on with the marvelous things of the Spirit I have experienced in the church. But no more.

It is so good to hear from you Ms. Syreeta that the days I remember are coming back, and even better.

Scott
Scott
April 6, 2017 11:31 PM

Marjorie…I pray that you will not give up on finding a spirit filled church. I too have witnessed everything you described. And most churches are adverse to teaching the baptism of the Holy Spirit, speaking in tongues, teaching the spiritual gifts, & etc. But we are to be in fellowship with other Christians…lifting each other up. I attend a lukewarm church where the Pastor always gives a good Bible based sermon, but never talks about the “spiritual”…but I am the “radical” in the church. I talk about end times, spiritual gifts, casting out demons of cancer, speaking in tongues, miracles of healing, & etc. But I now have a growing group of brothers and sisters who are no longer “shocked” about these Biblical truths…these are people that I am touching…despite my church. I mentor and minister at the local homeless shelter…but the state of the Church today practically proves that one of the best mission fields available today…are those sitting in the pews of most churches. They are not going to make it to Heaven. Yahshua said that the road to Heaven is narrow and few find it…that is very true in the Church of today…but that is all the more reason why we need to be attending a church.

Paula
Paula
April 6, 2017 5:05 AM

Oh my Marjorie, I thought my church was the only one that experienced this!

Brother Steven
Brother Steven
April 5, 2017 5:50 PM

How can anyone not agree with this? It doesn’t matter what type-denomination or tag that’s on the door,…….”most” organized churches either have their own agenda’s or they fear what “man” might say or think……but what ever happened to reverence, holiness and devotion? Walk carefully and somberly with respect in God’s house-and when the time for praise comes, then Praise-otherwise let’s not forget when two or more are gathered together in His Name…..there He is in the midst of them-us! Hush now….He is here among us!

michelle Gibson
michelle Gibson
April 6, 2017 6:45 AM

Brother Steven, this is awesome God showed me this the other night in a dream. I won’t go into the details it is a little long, but boy did you and Syreeta nail it. Psalm 46:10New International Version (NIV)
He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
    I will be exalted among the nations,
    I will be exalted in the earth.”

Brother Steven
Brother Steven
April 8, 2017 8:39 PM

Thank you so much for your kind words Michelle!

Mikey H
Mikey H
April 6, 2017 2:42 PM

Thanks Syreeta, a much needed Word for the Church right now. I pray Pastors, Apostles and Leadership will read your post.
Thank you Lord, shake your Church, the LATTER SHALL BE GREATER THAN THE FORMER, yes Jesus, we say yes to you Lord.

David Wilkerson in this short piece, has a heart cry, a call to Anguish over the present day church. Very encouraging and moving, along with this message.

Bless you sister.

Rebecca Bonnell
April 5, 2017 6:00 PM

I so would Love for everything to be done as GOD decrees it should be done in His House of Worship and for all who attend to Worship Our Dear Almighty Father GOD YAHWEH, do so in Reverence…Deep Longing Sigh….!!!

Paula
Paula
April 6, 2017 5:04 AM

“entertainment purposes, a circus for spectators”. Never a truer word was spoken! I also like the fierce command, “remove from my House the theatrics!”. Oh how I wish I could send this word to my pastor, but he would be offended.

John Barry
John Barry
April 6, 2017 7:55 AM

Paula if you want to have some fun begin to fast and pray for ABBA to wake your pastor up & fill him with Holy Fire , then watch the fireworks as GOD offends him , you will not have to say anything . I will be glad to stand in the gap with you for your pastor if you ask .

Paula
Paula
April 7, 2017 5:15 AM

Blessed good morning John. You are right. It never occurred to me to fast concerning this matter. I have been praying earnestly for him. I accept your offer to stand in the gap with me. My heart grieves for him. I believe he is tired but too much has changed in my church especially our worship. Thank you for joining me in prayer.

John Barry
John Barry
April 7, 2017 5:38 AM

That is great , I am with you in prayer and GOD will move on this , get ready to see some Kingdom changes in your pastor , I look forward too a good report ! Blessings Paula to Victory .

Deena