Great Judgment is Coming on the Church in America

standingroom

On May 14 2016, I dreamed I was in a small room filled with people, young and old, from all races. They were all standing because there was no place to sit and waiting on a word and a touch from the Lord.

There was excitement in the air because everyone was eager to experience the goodness of the Lord. I laid my hands on a young boy who I felt had a demon. As I touched him my hand tingled.

Immediately I was transported to the front of a medium-sized church, which was also filled with people. They were all complaining about the sermons the pastor was preaching. Some didn’t like the content. Some didn’t like his style. Some didn’t like the length.

I began explaining to them the difficulties of putting a sermon together, especially for a pastor of a smaller church. I was about to begin to give a detailed explanation as to why smaller church pastors, with their limited staff, had less time to prepare their messages, but I could tell they were not interested in hearing it.

There seemed to be a buzz in the air that it was noon and it was time to go. I told them to leave if they wished, expecting only one or two to get up and most would stay to hear what God had to say, but to my horror the entire congregation grabbed their belongings and walked out.

Then I was immediately transported again, this time to a town square where people were leaving their church and going in all four directions from the square, walking down sidewalks and streets to the north, south, east and west. I yelled at the top of my lungs, “Before you walk away, remember this! If you will study God’s Word the way you are supposed to study God’s Word, the Sunday Sermon won’t be that important!”

I then immediately awoke and was alert.

Interpretation:

I pondered the dream and its implications. As I prayed for an interpretation, I was left with the following impressions:

1. There are those who are hungry for God’s Word, for an encounter with Him. They’re eager for God to move in their midst. They long for the days of the New Testament church, but for the most part, they are not found in the modern church structure.

2. There are too many churches filled with people who want smooth words, a well-crafted sermon that suits their needs and a pastor that lets them out on time.

3. A vast majority of modern day Christians are “punching the church clock.” They are checking their “I went to church” box and the concept of community in Christ is foreign to them. They couldn’t really care less if God shows up or not.

4. The only Word from God most believers get is on Sunday morning because they refuse to feed themselves Monday – Saturday, nor do they know how. Babies can’t feed themselves. They always need someone to help them and if the food is not to their liking, or their timing, they pitch a fit.

5. Most people in the American church attend church on Sunday, but walk away unfulfilled, unsatisfied and untouched. They scatter in all four directions after they leave, never seen again until the following Sunday.

It is important to remember that I wrote these impressions down FIRST. As I finished writing, the Lord spoke to me in that still, small voice I’ve come to recognize and love, saying, “Church, return to me the Living God. Learn to cry out to Me. The days are coming…yes…days of great judgment. Seek Me now when I can be found. I love you. I want to spend time with you [and nurture you] like a mother nurtures her child. Return to me and I will bring you the peace you seek.”

I asked the Father: “Lord…when do I release this?”

Unlike the dream I received on May 8 2015, in which God was silent for nine months on the release, He said “immediately.” I said, “Yes, but I have another question: Why now Lord? Why did you send this dream and Word to me now?”

There was no answer. So, I thanked Him for this Word and prayed for its release and reception. I began to read Isaiah 30, which was up next as I had been working my way through Isaiah and I had stopped at chapter 29 the previous day. I had determined to read through Isaiah 30, but God stopped me at 29. I didn’t read ahead. When I began to read Isaiah 30, I was given the answer as to why He gave me the dream and the Word at the time He did. Here is what I read in Isaiah 30:

8 And now, go, write it before them on a tablet and inscribe it in a book, that it may be for the time to come as a witness forever.
9 For they are a rebellious people, lying children, children unwilling to hear the instruction of the Lord;
10 who say to the seers, “Do not see,” and to the prophets, “Do not prophesy to us what is right; speak to us smooth things,
prophesy illusions,
11 leave the way, turn aside from the path, let us hear no more about the Holy One of Israel.”
12 Therefore thus says the Holy One of Israel, “Because you despise this word and trust in oppression and perverseness
and rely on them,
13 therefore this iniquity shall be to you like a breach in a high wall, bulging out, and about to collapse, whose breaking comes suddenly, in an instant;
14 and its breaking is like that of a potter’s vessel that is smashed so ruthlessly that among its fragments not a shard is found
with which to take fire from the hearth, or to dip up water out of the cistern.”
15 For thus said the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel, “In returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and in trust shall be your strength.” But you were unwilling,
16 and you said, “No! We will flee upon horses”; therefore you shall flee away; and, “We will ride upon swift steeds”; therefore your pursuers shall be swift.
17 A thousand shall flee at the threat of one; at the threat of five you shall flee, till you are left like a flagstaff on the top of a mountain, like a signal on a hill.
18 Therefore the Lord waits to be gracious to you, and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you. For the Lord is a God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for him.
(Isaiah 30:8-18)

This is EXACTLY what the Lord was saying in the dream and in His Word to me. This was God’s IMMEDIATE answer as to why I received the dream when I did, because He knew I would read Isaiah 30 the very next morning and that His Word to me would be confirmed IMMEDIATELY by His Word in Isaiah. He knew the release could be immediate because the confirmation would be immediate. Here is what God is saying:

The church in America today does not want to hear from God. They want SMOOTH words (given to me in my interpretation, then confirmed using the exact same words in Isaiah 30:10).

They are a rebellious people,  children who do not want to hear the instruction of God or instruction from the prophets of God (Isaiah 30:9). And for that, GREAT JUDGMENT is coming. Great judgment is coming on the church in America. It will be scattered  like the people I saw going in all four directions, which was confirmed by Isaiah 30:16-17. The church will be scattered by that which is no threat because of their weakness, and burned with fire (See the dream of May 8th, 2015). The scattering and the fire of God’s judgment will come because of economic problems and outside persecution. Many churches will close their doors for good and those that don’t will see their impact on their communities become even more negligible than it already is.

BUT! God is merciful and kind! “The LORD waits to be gracious to us, and therefore he exalts Himself to show mercy to us” – (Isaiah 30:18). He wants to nurture us like a tender mother nurtures her child. Return to Him. Seek Him. Love HIM with everything you have (Matthew 22:37; Deuteronomy 6:5). It is not too late for the church in America, BUT it must WAKE UP! It must turn to the Lord in prayer and fasting. The leaders, the pastors, the elders, the deacons must follow the advice of the Lord found in Joel:

“Put on sackcloth and lament, O priests; wail, O ministers of the altar. Go in, pass the night in sackcloth, O ministers of my God! Because grain offering and drink offering are withheld from the house of your God.” (Joel 1:13)

“Between the vestibule and the altar let the priests, the ministers of the LORD, weep and say, “Spare your people, O LORD, and make not your heritage a reproach, a byword among the nations. Why should they say among the peoples, ‘Where is their God?'” – Joel 2:17

When, and only when, the church in American learns to weep, to pass the night in travailing prayer, to wail, then God will spare the people of this Great Nation. When, and only when, God’s appointed leaders learn to lead the people in travailing prayer will God stay His hand. When God’s people decide that praying about a crisis, rather than complaining about a crisis, is the answer, then God will hear from Heaven, forgive our sin, and heal our land (2 Chronicles 7:14).

What we really think about prayer is proven by the amount of time we spend doing it. God awaits our response.

Nelson Lee

Author: Nelson Lee

Nelson W. Lee is an author, evangelist, pastor and teacher. He is the founding pastor of Agape Home Fellowship, a network of house churches linked together through common leadership and technology. His ministry focuses on the areas of Church Revitalization and Revival. He has a heart for seeing men and women of faith “Be the Church” and feels this can be best accomplished through the close community of New Testament style house-churches. For over 20 years, he has focused on revitalizing the church and trying to restore it to its New Testament roots and foundations. He is an avid student of Church History and Systematic Theology and has written numerous discipleship courses, church history articles and guides.

He is married with three children and is a member of the United States Air Force. He has served his country for over 29 years and is currently a meteorologist and flight superintendent. When he is not in uniform, ministering or studying, he can be found spending time with his family or working in his garden.

Donate with any major credit or debit card.
For other payment methods, click here.

May 21, 2016 8:52 pm

I’ve invited a few people, but no takers yet. Currently, I just minister to my family. I don’t see them much during the week, due to different schedules. I’m leaving it all in the Lord’s hands. I believe He told me (in time) people will come to me. So, right now I just try to prepare my family with relevant, end times teaching and knowledge. I never really wanted to leave the church, but I don’t miss it. The sad truth is, if pastors and churches were doing their jobs in preparing their congregations with relevant, end time truth…people like me wouldn’t have to start a home church.

May 21, 2016 4:22 pm

I started a home church at the beginning of May at the direction of the Holy Spirit. I felt led to do it for awhile, I was just waiting for permission and the right time. I believe I was even given a title and a mission statement. The Remnant Home Bible Church. “A Biblically based teaching church, inspired by the Holy Spirit and formed with the sole intent of helping people to prepare spiritually and physically for the end times.” I simply couldn’t find a church in my area that was willing to warn and prepare its congregants to do this, so I started one. So far, so good.

May 18, 2016 7:43 am

Great word, Pastor Lee! I don’t know how many times I had told my former church and just anyone else I know, “If you want to see changes, cut down on the worship services and fast and pray.” I was completely ignored. Not a single sermon on the importance of fasting, its importance or even how to do it. The church and this nation will need to engage in a Ninevah-like repentance if we expect to have more time and God’s mercy. If we don’t repent, fast and pray…this nation (which has become Sodom and Gomorrah) will burn like Sodom and Gomorrah did, just like Dumitru Duduman, David Wilkerson and Henry Gruver as well as a host of other prophets was shown.

John Barry
John Barry
May 18, 2016 11:21 am

Oh my Ken , you disturbed their happy time . I went to 800 + member church and at Christmas they would line the church with ponsetias , I suggested we not buy the flowers but give out food baskets for Christmas , total silence , no one would even look at me . They built a gym for the kids next , that’s when I had to leave , yet I know many of those people loved the LORD as much as I . As the Pastor leads , the sheep follow right into the pit .

Mar R.
May 18, 2016 6:32 pm

My husband had a prophetic word of warning that he had to give to our former pastor. They were raising funds for a very expensive gymnasium. The word in essence was that there is only on Kingdom of God and not the pastor’s “kingdom” and that they were neglecting the widows and orphans and that he needed to make a “right judgement” and repent. The pastor said, “None of this is true” and “I am without sin” and “We don’t believe in prophecy like this.” My husband just gave the word humbly and then we continued on in what God was calling us to at the time, teaching Sunday School, directing kid’s musicals, singing on the worship team. We were actually not directed by the Spirit to leave the church until recently. The gym still hasn’t been built but another warning was given. God is not pleased. It is painful though because we are looked at as being the “wacko Charismatics” in a more mainstream church. The pastor almost seemed giddy that we were leaving the church even though we have been faithful for almost a decade in tithing, volunteering, bringing people to Christ. But I guess the pastor doesn’t want anyone correcting his agenda. It is so sad really.

Mar R.
May 18, 2016 6:36 pm

After posting this I felt some conviction of some anger. I should be careful. I am here venting because I know what it feels like, but we need to pray. I am praying for my former pastor to repent still. We need to pray for all the pastors, regardless of what has happened to us or what they have neglected to see, that their eyes are opened and that they will have a change of heart. God is so very merciful and loving! He wants us all to come to Him and His patience is beyond our own. The time for repentance may be very short, but there is still time until the Lord deems time is over.

May 18, 2016 9:11 pm

Earlier I was reading about the 7 churches in Revelation. Only 2 seemed to be worth much, Smyrna and Philadelphia. Ephesus caught my attention, because Jesus said if they didn’t shape up, (my interpretation) He’d remove their lamp stand. Wonder how many churches out there have their lampstand removed (or are in danger of losing it) and don’t even realize it?

May 18, 2016 12:39 pm

Yep. This past Resurrection Sunday, the Holy Spirit led me to speak out against easter bunnies and easter egg hunts. I said, “You can have Jesus, or you can have easter eggs…but you can’t have both.” Crickets. I didn’t know the church had an easter egg hunt planned after service. Oops! Lol.

John Barry
John Barry
May 18, 2016 1:16 pm

Ken you have me laughing , I pointed that out about the fall festevil once , even explained folding the witches on the end of the table cloth under where they did not show , did not make it right . I know you heard this one – but it is for the kids ! There were Spiritual repercussions , there was much sickness with the children in that church and the parents never understood they were doing it to there own children .

Bob
Bob
May 18, 2016 3:30 pm

Same in Colorado,
Harvest festival Samhain, very evil or known as Halloween.
A guy here in Colorado Springs, Colorado (2015) in that season got up in the morning with an AK 47 and walked out his door and down the the street killing folks@ random.
The Church could not figure that one out. Just they usually statement ,”Prayers go to the victims family.” We had one Church playing the Michael Jackson thriller video to appeal to the younger crowd to draw them in.
Yep,
I have had my nuggets kicked in(IE family) by the Church for speaking out. They just do not get it.

Bob
Bob
May 18, 2016 3:38 pm

Bad spelling sorry folks, typing like an arthritic monkey!

May 18, 2016 2:54 pm

I’m laughing again. It’s more sad than funny though. All I can do is shake my head. I’m SOOO glad the Lord led us out of the “established” church. Thank you, Jesus!

Beverly David
Beverly David
May 18, 2016 9:01 pm

Ken you are do right, but I am just like you. You do have to laugh or else you cry. I just wish they would wake up. It is sad.

Ziyanda
Ziyanda
May 18, 2016 2:38 pm

John Barry, what your saying is true. I personally had to learn this the hard way. I suppose this could be overcome by the church teaching and preaching on Demonology. Oh but wait… we don’t want to “scare” people away right. Sigh. So sad really.

Jane NZ
Jane NZ
May 18, 2016 1:45 pm

Laughing too. Excellent

Thierry
Thierry
May 23, 2016 2:33 pm

Thank you for sharing this.
This is the link of the new YouTube video of Mena Lee Grebin. Very interesting and encouraging.

Aaron
Aaron
May 22, 2016 7:46 am

Thanks Ken,
I’m reminded of one of my favorite passages which i think you may appreciate as well.
Psalm 90: 13 – 17.

God Bless!

Aaron
Aaron
May 21, 2016 5:42 pm

good for you Ken. Did you invite people family, friends, neighbors, co-workers? How do folks in your area know about it…word of mouth?

Aaron
Aaron
May 21, 2016 4:07 pm

How many of you have considered starting a church in your own home? I’m in the Raleigh, NC area and have visited countless churches looking for one. I miss having fellowship with other believers as I only have one brother to get together with every other week or so.

Laura McDowell
Laura McDowell
May 21, 2016 12:20 pm
Isaiah 30: We must wait for God with hope. We must expect God’s appearance for us in his won way and time. Because God is infinitely wise, those are truly happy who refer their cause to him. They shall not again know the want of the means of grace. It is supposed that they might be brought into straits and troubles after this deliverance was wright for them. God promises that his teachers will be here for the people. However the teachers of the truth are sometimes driven into corners for shelter; and it goes ill with the chuch when it is so, when the women with her crown of twelve stars is forced to flee into the wilderness Rev. 12:6. when the prophets are hidden by fifty in a cave. 1Ki. 18:4. But God will find a time to call the teachers out of the corners again, and to replace them in their solemn assemblies, which shall see their own teachers, the eyes of all the synagogue being fastened on them. And it will be the more pleasing because of restraint they have been for some time under, as light out of darkness, as life from the dead. To all the love God and their own souls this return of faithful teachers out of their corners especially with a promise that they shall not be removed into corners any more, is the most acceptable part of any deliverance, and comfort. They shall have the benefit not only of the public ministry, but of private and particular admonition and advice. Thy ears shall hear a word behind thee, calling after thee as a man calls after a traveller that he sees going of his road. They eyes see thy teachers, but this is a teacher out of sight, it is… Read more »
Laura McDowell
Laura McDowell
May 21, 2016 11:03 am
LESSONS FROM ISAIAH 30. LOOK UP TO GOD FOR YOUR HELP NOT MAN. Here is a gracious promos for those who trust in GOD, that they should not only see through the trouble, but should see happy days after it, times of joy and reformation, plenty of the means of grace, and therewith plenty of outward good things and increasing joys and triumphs, and many of these promises are very applicable to the gospel of grace. Also there is a promise of TOTAL RUIN OF THE ASSYRIAN ARMY which should be an occasion of great joy and an introduction of happy times. If we look at Isaiah 30 and learn a lesson from the fault and folly of the Jews it is this lesson. When they were insulted by their neighbors on one side, they sought for help from their neighbors on the other side instead of LOOKING UP TO GOD AND PUTTING THEIR CONFIDENCE IN GOD/JESUS. AS FOR ME AND MY HOUSE WE WILL NOT LOOK TO MAN OR OUR NEIGHBORS FOR ADVICE. WE WILL GO TO GOD AND TRUST GOD ALONE. Now observe this sin. They looked to men instead of God when they were in danger and distress. THEY SHOULD HAVE CONSULTED GOD. They would do things of their own heads, and not advise with God, though they had a ready and certain way of doing it by Urim or prophets. They were so confident of the prudence of their own measures that they thought it needless to consult the oracle; nay, they were not willing to put it to that issue. “THEY TAKE COUNSEL AMONG THEMSELVES, AND ONE FROM ANOTHER, BUT THEY DO NOT ASK COUNSEL, MUCH LESS WILL THEY TAKE COUNSEL OF GOD. Sounds like this website to me. AS FOR ME AND MY HOUSE… Read more »
Laura McDowell
Laura McDowell
May 20, 2016 8:29 pm
TAKE THIS WORD SERIOUSLY. VERY, VERY SERIOUSLY. I HEARD A STILL SOFT VOICE SAY “ISAIAH 30.” BY TWO OR THREE WITNESSES A WORD IS CONFIRMED. HERE IS WHAT ELSE I WAS GIVEN. “The preacher in our media-oriented society is pressured to use the pulpit as a stage for displaying eloquence, dramatic skill and fine oratory. Congregations add to this pressure with their desire to be amused and entertained. As a result, preaching is often seen by outsiders as just another stage performance. And what is hailed as a successful ministry is sometimes little more than good acting. But to his credit we can look at Paul in the bibleand say of him and his coworkers that they do not preach themselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord. They were servants for Jesus sake. However Paul also appears to have been faulted for ministerial arrogance-although his claim to preach Christ and not himself was not an idle one. In 1 Corinthians 2:1-4 he reminded the Corinthians that on his founding visit he did not come to them with eloquence, superior wisdom or wise and persuasive words. This was so that they might know nothing while he was with them except Jesus Christ and him crucified. He was concerned that they know not only the crucified Christ but also Jesus as Lord, that is , Jesus as master of their congregation life. What then is Paul’s role? In 1:24 he said that he does not lord it over the church, but works together with them. Here he goes even further in defining his role as that of a servant (doulos). As an apostle of Christ, he could have merely said the word and commanded their obedience. . Domination, however, was not Paul’s style. He was there to serve them and used a command… Read more »