Two Kingdoms Now Looking to Oil as Key to the Future

oil

Big Oil that fuels the world is currently making top headlines: “World economy seems trapped in ‘death spiral”… Jim Cramer: Keep an eye on oil prices…How long can Saudi Arabia live with $30 oil…Russia’s 10-billion barrel game of oil bluffing…Chief: Oil nations face years of pain…”

Citi strategists warn that the global economy is trapped in a ‘death spiral’ that will lead to “weaker oil/commodity prices, weaker world trade/petrodollar liquidity, weaker EM (and global growth…and repeat. Ad infinitum, this would lead to Oilmageddon.” Oilmageddon?! This is the MSM talking. (Source: CNBC)

Do you feel the pain? Neither do I. Big Oil may have conquered the world, for there is not an area of our lives that is not affected by the petro/chemical industry, but we Kingdom folks have the finest oil of all available to us. We will never stumble in darkness. Our lamps are not only filled and burning bright, but the remnant has a surplus of fuel. Kingdom oil is the anointing of the Holy Spirit:

As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit – just as it has taught you, remain in him.” 1 John 2:27

A Dream of Essential Oil

Four of my friends and I are having dinner at a Mexican restaurant. After the meal, two of these friends get up and leave, while Sparrow remains seated with me at the table. There is oil for sale in the restaurant and I’m staying in this place until I buy the supply I need to take home.

A waitress comes by and shows me a bottle of golden oil in an ornate container shaped like a perfume bottle; the lid, a silver triangle. “We have this size. Or you can buy a larger size, over here.” We follow the waitress to a shelf where the biggest size of all is kept in a tall glass cylindrical container with a round silver lid on top and round silver bottom.

Silver represents redemption. The circle, infinity. I tell the waitress that I’ll take the largest container. While the smaller bottle is more attractive, I know I’ll need the larger supply of oil. And so I open my wallet and pull out twenty dollars bills, just about all I have.

The next day I phone Sparrow to tell her the dream. We talk about how the restaurant symbolizes preparation; spiritual food.

She says the Mexican restaurant symbolizes “the whole enchilada.” We talk about the parable of the wise and foolish virgins. Why the wise gals wouldn’t share. Why the foolish ones didn’t prepare. How, when the bridegroom did show up he says to the slackers, “Do I know you?”

Two Types of Believers

Note that two out of four friends departed, and just as in the parable of the wise and foolish virgins, half didn’t bother to replenish their oil supply, thinking they could mooch off the wise.

The prophetic parable of the ten virgins illustrates two types of believers: those who know Christ personally and those who don’t. There are outer-court Christians who are fixtures in the church. Then there is the Body and Bride of Christ who enters the Holy Place directly, who communes with Him in secret, away from the madding crowd.

There are those who know his acts, and there are those who know his ways. There are pew potatoes, and there are those seated with Him in heavenly places. There are those who seek his hand, and those who seek his face.

There are those who trust man for impartation of truth, via pastor or teacher, and there are those who hear His voice directly. “And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him, for they know not the voice of strangers.” John 10:15

There are those who ask, “What would Jesus do?” then make decisions based on human logic and finite reason, and there are those who have the mind of Christ and are led by His Spirit. There are those who follow strange fire, and there are those baptized with fire, whose spirits are His lamp.

A final word from T. Austin, Frank, and Isaiah

“May none of us find ourselves in this hour of darkness like the foolish virgins, with insufficient spirituality, so that the door of His fullness is closed to us. Spirituality cannot be obtained in an hour of emergency, it is only proved then. Let us see to it that we are not resting on things, be they most devout; but rather learning to know the Lord.”  ~ T. Austin-Sparks

“It’s time to stop playing religious games and become serious about our life in Christ and our growth into the deeper things that relate to Him. Only this will get us through the days ahead. A shallow, superficial, status-quo-maintaining Christianity simply cannot.”  ~ Frank Viola

Arise, shine; for your light has come! And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you. For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and deep darkness the people; but the Lord will arise over you; and His glory will be seen upon you. (Isaiah 60:1-2)

Debra Elramey

Author: Debra Elramey

Debra Elramey’s passion is Jesus Christ, and her vision is to see everyone whose life she touches fall madly in love with Him. She lives in North Carolina with her husband and daughter, where she works as a journalist for God’s kingdom, reporting news as it unfolds and disclosing His revelations. Her work has appeared in numerous publications internationally, in print and online.

Debra is currently working on a manuscript titled “Higher Education: Learning God’s Ways in the School of Life.” She also shares her songs on SoundCloud.

Debra Elramey
February 13, 2016 5:47 PM

Michael, absolutely.

Michael Perritte
Michael Perritte
February 12, 2016 9:42 AM

James actually entitled it German Economic Collapse Coming Soon.

Debra Elramey
February 12, 2016 5:05 PM

Angela Merkel is destroying her civilization from within before our very eyes. Intriguing dream you had there, Michael. It’s been about a year now, so I wonder if you’ve had any recent clues about the doctor. Below are a few symbols I connected.
Classroom = school of life
Desk = instruction
Bookcase = knowledge
Doctor = healing
I believe these symbols represent some part of your vocation or ministry. Some folks have a healing gift, be it physical or spiritual or emotional, or on all three levels. That door is open. It’s your destiny in Him.

Michael Perritte
Michael Perritte
February 13, 2016 8:22 AM

Last year was filled with dreams and spiritual events unlike anything I’ve ever experienced before. Being that it would be extensive would it be possible to discuss them possibly through email?

Michael Perritte
Michael Perritte
February 12, 2016 9:33 AM

Here’s the link :http://z3news.com/w/prophetic-dream-german-economic-collapse-coming-soon/……No new job as yet but I know there’s an open door for me in God’s timing.

Michael Perritte
Michael Perritte
February 11, 2016 7:17 AM

So true….we were created to dwell there. Just like the Samaritan woman at the well Jesus knows every intricate detail about us yet He welcomes us to come dwell in spiritual unity with Him unlike anything we can imagine. As I’ve heard it said we are spiritual beings having a physical experience. The spiritual transcends the physical….it’s the difference in knowing God and simply being religious….draw close to me and I will draw close to you….That’s amazing!!
On a side note I worked in the oilfield until I was laid off in November. For almost 6 years I worked in the boom going on in North Dakota. The Holy Spirit gave me a dream about the oilfield collapsing that James actually posted on this site.

Debra Elramey
February 11, 2016 3:50 PM

Michael, do you have that link to the dream you had? Powerful statements you make here. What a distinction between knowing God and being religious! One of the things I’ve learned in earth school is to discern those religious spirits, because they can try to snuff out your lamp if you’re not aware of their M.O. That’s why Jesus mainly associated with ‘sinners’ I suppose. Because they were teachable and humble. I hope you’ve found another job worthy of your service. Richest blessings to you.

Michael Perritte
Michael Perritte
February 10, 2016 1:00 PM

As all we know is being shaken we MUST know the secret place of our Lord and King for His kingdom and His kingdom alone will never be shaken. There is no storm in His presence. When Peter stepped out of the boat and focused on the Lord of all he stood. We must enter the throne room of our God where we can stand upon the sea of glass and focus our gaze upon Him. There is no storm there!!!!

Debra Elramey
February 10, 2016 3:55 PM

Michael, I’m writing a piece right now about that very thing. It wasn’t until Peter took his eyes off Jesus that he began to sink. Dwelling in the secret place is key in these time – amen!

Angela Georgantas
Angela Georgantas
February 10, 2016 8:19 AM

I’ve seen/heard John 10 five times in the last two days, specifically John 10:15 and John 10:27. Two days ago, I heard Irvin Baxter say it on the radio driving home from work, and then I heard it again on a video from Good Fight Ministries analyzing the super bowl half time show. That night I was in John 10 in my nightly Bible reading (I read sequentially and just happened to be there that night). Then yesterday, I read your prophecy and got it, and then finally, I heard a video from LatterRain where she gave the scripture. I thought I should go ahead and post to let you know in case this might be a confirmation for you.

Marilee
Marilee
February 10, 2016 8:01 PM
The Father says today that I am coming alongside of you this day. I am the Comforter, the Helper and the Guide who brings you up and out of detriment and impediment and into the rarified atmosphere of My glory. I am bringing heaven and earth together over you in your circumstance. All things are possible! As it is in heaven so shall it be upon your earth and in your life! Listen to My voice and hear My heart for you says the Father. There is coming a new cooperation that brings the deliverance, the provisioning, the healing, and the blessing that you’re crying out for in this hour! When you rise in the morning it will be My voice you will hear before anything else. As you lay your head down upon the bed, I will whisper sweetly in your ear and I will cause you to know what is on the morrow and that which I expect you to do for as I do My part so you must do YOUR part. There is that which must be fulfilled in obedience from you that will be answered from the throne as I keep my good promise over your life. So stay the course and maintain obedience says the Father. Do not yield to the temptation to become a “do nothing” who decides there is nothing to do. The day is far spent and the laborers are few. Yet I have called you and equipped you and as you act in straightforward obedience to My voice and My call things will change and blessing will come and My favor will be seen in your land. This was posted today by fathersheart ministries.net A great confirmation to what you have been hearing, Angela. We are all going to hear… Read more »
Debra Elramey
February 10, 2016 8:39 PM

Marilee, thank you for your obedience in sharing these words.
Most of all, these spoke to me:
“When you rise in the morning it will be My voice you will hear before anything else. As you lay your head down upon the bed, I will whisper sweetly in your ear and I will cause you to know what is on the morrow and that which I expect you to do, for as I do My part so you must do YOUR part…”

Debra Elramey
February 10, 2016 3:44 PM

Angela, I appreciate this. That is exactly how the Holy Spirit confirms his words to us: “In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.” 2 Corinthians 13:1 Bless you dear one.

Debra Elramey
February 9, 2016 7:21 PM

Karen, that’s right. It’s about responsibility, quite the opposite of what the system promotes, and that is codependency.

Karen W
Karen W
February 9, 2016 4:12 PM

Such good thoughts. The Lord has been bringing this parable to my mind and my reading over and over in recent days and I am searching and asking Him to show me His heart in the matter. I like the idea that the oil cannot be shared. So true. It does indeed look as if the 5 virgins were selfish in not sharing with the foolish ones. But it is so true that our relationship with the Bridegroom is a one-on-one and there is no other person who can enter in to that special intimacy between the two. Each is responsible for her own oil. No one will come into the Kingdom clutching the apron strings of another person. No pat answers, no formulas, just precious intimate communion between the Bride and her Bridegroom.

Jerry Paulson
Jerry Paulson
February 9, 2016 4:05 PM
Lots of good comments. In regards to the parable of the virgins, most of the attention has been about the oil. And that is very important. But, I believe the more important focus is on “the wise and foolish” aspect. We must remember that these are ten virgins, they are all the same thing. It’s not like five apples and five oranges that are different things. The main thing is five are wise and five are foolish. As was shared above, Jesus said that the wise are those “who hear His word and do it” and the foolish also ” hear His word, and don’t do it.” Jesus also said, “If you love Me, keep My commandments.” So, obedience to God is doing what He says out of love, not out of obligation. In Eph. 5:27, it says Jesus is coming for a bride without spot, wrinkle, or blemish .Those are the wise virgins who were ready at His coming. The foolish virgins did not enter then, Jesus said I don’t know you. He didn’t say, “I never knew you” like He did in Matthew 7:21-23, to those who are saying “Lord, Lord”. I believe those foolish virgins will enter in after they have washed their robes of all spot, wrinkles, and blemishes in the blood of the Lamb. ( Rev. 7:14) .
Debra Elramey
February 9, 2016 7:14 PM

I agree Jerry; lots of good points and yours is no exception. You said, “I believe those foolish virgins will enter in after they have washed their robes of all spot, wrinkles, and blemishes in the blood of the Lamb.” I think you’re right.

Dean
Dean
February 9, 2016 1:14 PM

There are two aspects of the parable of the ten virgins that have always intrigued me, and I’d like to hear people’s thoughts on them.

First, the five foolish virgins were virgins: they made it through the deception of Antichrist, and the great apostasy. Yet, they did not enter the marriage supper of the Lamb.

Second, the behavior of the five wise virgins seems un-Christian: they refused to share, and they gave advice that led to terrible anguish for those who took their advice. (What if one had no oil, but had not left to buy more? They would not have their own light, but they would have been there when the Bridegroom returned.)

Debra Elramey
February 9, 2016 7:23 PM

@Dean – What you see in this parable, and others, is reverse communism. Remember the parable of the talents: “For to everyone who has will more be given, and he will have an abundance. But from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away.” Matthew 25:14. What do those who preach a social gospel do with these scriptures? Cut them out?

@Matthew – very good points. Exactly, you can’t share relationships.

Sujit Thomas
Sujit
February 9, 2016 9:08 PM
I believe God’s ways and the standard he wants us to live up to go far beyond the capitalist, communist, or socialist systems we have come up with. In neither of these systems is the focus on God. That is what is wrong with them. For the same God who blessed Abraham richly, asked the rich man to give up his riches. So, the problem is not with the riches. It is with the heart. God knew Abraham’s heart. Abraham was willing to give up all he had and God only had to ask him to do it. God also knew the rich man’s heart. It is not so much that he was rich that was the problem. It was that he considered his riches better than the God who had the power to give them. And in such a state, unless I give up the riches that I think are better, I will never know the God who is infinitely more better. That is what is wrong with our worldly systems. To those who know the richness of God, God doesn’t have to ask them to give up anything. They will willingly give away because they know there’s more where that came from. But to those who do not know the richness of God, God will quite often lay it upon their heart to give up the things of the world, so that they truly know where their riches come from and who their true treasure actually should be. Most of us when asked to give, we think God is being harsh to us, yet the scriptures themselves say that it is more blessed to give than to receive. And there is the difference on giving out of love and giving out of tradition. Those of us who give… Read more »
Debra Elramey
February 9, 2016 11:40 PM

Sujit, so true, it’s always about the heart, not worldly systems – not ANY worldly systems. My point was that the parable of the talents conveys the reverse of the concept of communism. The Kingdom of God is contrary to the kingdoms of this world, for as Revelation 11: 15 explains, “The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever!”

Matthew Ford
February 9, 2016 2:56 PM

Dean (and others),
I recommend reading this book https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/255913, I suppose you could jump t the last book called True Maturity.

Matthew Ford
February 9, 2016 2:40 PM
Good questions Dean. My thoughts are this. The wise virgins love the bridegroom even though they have not met him yet (think Rebeca and Isaac). The servant (Holy Spirit) arranged the union between Rebeca (bride) and Isaac (the Son) and Abraham is a figure of the Father. 1. Consider the tradition of the bridegroom coming for his bride. It is about a relationship. I cannot share my relationship to a person with someone else — I can tell them about it, but I cannot give it to them. This is main reason why the Lord says, “I don’t know you”. No relationship. 2. The oil cannot be shared. It represents our relationship with the Lord through our submission to the Holy Spirit. We are commanded to eat and drink the Lord Jesus Christ. How do I share that? It seems to me the idea of the market is exchanging that which is precious in this world (money and time) for that which is precious in the kingdom (a relationship with the Lord). Each virgin would require enough oil to light their lamp to make the journey. Not enough oil means they would not reach the destination. You see the bridegroom comes and then takes them. But they must have enough oil in their lamp. 3. I believe the Lord will get his bride before the Antichrist has full reign. The foolish virgins will remain and must endure the time after to be part of the Kingdom – BUT they will not be consider part of the bride because the bride has already been taken. There is a distinction between Bride of Christ and Body of Christ. The Bride of Christ is a special honor. This is a tough teaching to our American church.
Sujit Thomas
Sujit
February 9, 2016 8:36 PM

So, Matthew, the bride of Christ is part of the body of Christ, but the body of Christ is not part of the bride? This is new to me. Forgive me, but I don’t recollect any scriptural reference for this. Would you be able to provide one?

That being said, how many such distinctions are there? There is the multitude that comes out of the tribulation in Rev 7. Then there are the 144,000 in Rev 14. And who are the dead who are blessed in Rev 14:13? Are they the same as the ones in Rev 19:4?

About the special honor part, I believe it is along the lines of God choosing Jacob rather than Esau. It had nothing to do with their works, good or bad; rather it had to do with God’s purpose in election. And just because God chose Jacob to be the ancestor of his chosen people, does not mean that he loved Esau and his descendants any less. If Esau and his descendants brought down calamity on themselves, it is purely due to their own sins. God didn’t pre-ordain their destruction.

If God has accepted all of us as his sons and daughters, that in itself is a special honor. However, one son may be in charge of the property, and the other sons may have lesser positions. And likewise for the daughters. It does not mean those in lesser positions are less special to God or loved less.

There will be various distinctions and honors, but I am hard pressed to believe that they will be anything along the lines we imagine or what we have in the world today.

Matthew Ford
February 9, 2016 10:02 PM

Sujit,
1. The parable of the 10 virgins is the main key to understanding this teaching. All 10 were virgins (pure) representing Christians.
2. Matthew 7:24-27 is referring to disciples of Christ. Some built on the rock and some built their lives on the sand.
3. The parable of the marriage feast, a guest shows up still in worldly clothing and is kept from the feast.
4. Esau chose worldly food over spiritual food. We are to eat and drink the Lord Jesus daily.

When Christ comes for his Bride, the born again Christian who has chosen to live a worldly life will not be taken by the Lord (no oil). The person could still repent and endure the remainder of the time to inherit the kingdom of God, but it would seem they missed being part of the bride of Christ.

Will all Christians be part of the Bride of Christ? At this point, I personally don’t think so. Honestly, the American church (in general) seems not interested in being the Lord’s bride. Many of us on this website will be persecuted in the days ahead of us due to our desire to be spotless for our bridegroom.

Read the book I posted below and let me know what you think. Peace brother!

Sujit Thomas