God Healing Hearts of Those Who Have Endured Long Barren Season

This is a continuation of the word I shared before from Isaiah 54, Now is the Time to Sing a Song of Triumph Because You Will Not Be Barren Any More. Since I posted that, I have been really feeling the Lord’s heart for the heart sore and the afflicted.

I believe the Lord wants to minister to the areas of the heart for those who have been through a season of barrenness and desolation, a season when we don’t give birth and promises are not fulfilled and we endure long seasons of contending and lack and trials and tribulations. Those seasons can take a toll on our heart.

Sometimes we feel wooed by God’s promises, but then we feel rejected by the unfulfillment of those promises. God wants to heal that rejection because it is actually not true. God has a perfect time for everything to take place.

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but when it is fulfilled it makes a tree of life (Proverbs 13:12). It’s not really deferred in God’s terms. It is deferred in our terms.

The Lord is more interested in the state of our heart than the miracle of our promise. He wants to bring healing to the heart for this last season, which has taken a toll. It has actually in some ways even affected your relationship with the Lord. I am not speaking to everyone, but I believe there is a people out there who have really been through the mill. They have really been contending with the Lord and they have stuck through, but by the skin of their teeth.

Our heart goes through a lot during those times. Hannah was barren for so long, it got to the point where she was overwhelmed with her grief to the point where she could not take it anymore (1 Samuel 1:1-7). The toll that it took on her heart was just overwhelming. Grief is a fruit of being abandoned and it can harbor bitterness.

The Lord has called you like a woman forsaken, grieved in spirit and heart sore. It looks like there has been abandonment, like God has left you high and dry. God is calling out those roots of abandonment in this season because He wants to heal the effects of abandonment. We see others around us bearing fruit and we wonder what is so wrong with me that I cannot bear fruit?

God is saying, “That is a lie. I want to deal with those lies that the enemy has tried to trick you into believing. I have not for sake in you or abandoned you. You are accepted and beloved.”

I want to encourage you that your day of breakthrough is upon you. You’re not going to be barren anymore. You’re actually going to bear more fruit then if you would have just born it naturally.

If the video is not working, please visit my Facebook page.

Anita Alexander

Author: Anita Alexander

Anita Alexander is a Prophetic Revivalist who ministers in the realm of a seer prophet and revival fire. She is the co-founder of Golden City Church in Gold Coast, Director of Revival Flame Ministries and founder of Arise Shine Intercessors Australia. In addition to pastoring Golden City Church, on the Gold Coast, Australia, Anita is an international Itinerate Speaker, Author, Song writer and Recording Artist. Anita releases prophetic revelation and impartation by Prophesy, Intercession, Prophetic Praise and Worship and prophetic articulation from the written word of God. Motivated by an intense Love for the Body of Christ, Anita’s passion and compassion is to see the Church forsake religion and tradition and awaken to His Love, arise and walk in their true overcoming identity as sons and daughters of the kingdom, who manifest the Possessing Victory, Glory and Power.

© 2017, Anita Alexander. All rights reserved.

Cynthia Roberts
Cynthia Roberts
March 21, 2017 4:36 am

Wow this was such a blessing to read. I have been through the WORST season in my ENTIRE life. My WHOLE LIFE was flipped and ruined and destroyed. It has been barren for 41 days in a brutal and traumatizing way where I have 0 control, 0 authority and 0 opportunity to change it. I receive this! And I pray it bears fruit finally! I pray for a breakthrough today for everyone who reads this!

Andrew Roberts
Andrew Roberts
March 21, 2017 10:37 am

May the “peace that passes understanding” be yours this day, and may God’s love become manifest in you.
Andrew

Amina
Amina
March 21, 2017 11:12 am

Thank you Cynthia! God bless!

Christina Holton
Christina Holton
March 21, 2017 7:16 am

Thank you. We were speaking of this yesterday. I was asking at what point do you let a promise you think you have heard from GOD go? When do you say, : I must have not really heard from GOD, must have been my soul”? Maybe GOD is saying no and I am not hearing. This renewed my strength!!

Ken Harbeson
Ken Harbeson
March 21, 2017 5:48 am

I needed this message as well Anita, thank you. Oh Lord give me strength. I know you have not forsaken me and your love is true. Please help me and others going through the same trials to hold onto your word and continue to pray and serve the Lord almighty, in Jesus name Amen.

Fernanda Menegassi-Lojac
March 21, 2017 9:31 pm

Thank you for sharing this word. This message has confirmed what the Lord has been speaking to my heart. Even the scriptures mentioned are the same.
My husband and I have been praying for a baby for over 8 years. There are days when I just want to give up…the Lord gave me a promise in a dream many years ago that I would have a baby. I just had not imagined that it would take so long for His promise to come to pass. My faith has been tried, my marriage has been tested over and over, and I have even tried to take matters into my own hands by seeking medical help. I had several procedures done but they all failed. I cant even tell you how much grief this has caused me. Now all I can do is wait for my miracle…

March 22, 2017 12:01 am

I would not be surprised if you get your miracle very soon. Please keep us posted.

Fernanda Menegassi-Lojac
March 22, 2017 6:42 pm

I will! Thank you!

Liz W.
Liz W.
March 23, 2017 10:43 am

Fernanda, The seed of your womb is blessed! I call new life to spring forth in your body right now by the power of Holy Spirit and in Jesus’ name! Anything that tried to hinder this in the past has no power anymore because we plead the blood of Jesus over you and your husband, Amen!

Fernanda Menegassi-Lojac
March 23, 2017 11:38 pm

Amen. Thank you for the prayer Liz!

Mikey H
Mikey H
March 21, 2017 5:21 am

Bless you Anita, I really needed to hear this as well. The assurance …. I have not been forgotten, I receive this Word, Amen.
Thank you.

Amina
Amina
March 21, 2017 11:14 am

I receive this awesome word from the LORD in JESUS precious name!

Wendy
Wendy
March 21, 2017 8:10 am

What a true word from the Lord – our God. Thank you for sharing this, it resonated with me so deeply. What a season it has been and now as I see the breakthroughs it a place of amazement..WOW! God is faithful even when we fall short. Praise be to the Lord our God.

Matt NZ
Matt NZ
March 21, 2017 3:44 am

Thank you Anita, I needed to hear this message.

Julie Bucker
March 21, 2017 10:15 am

This really helped me today, Thankyou.

Laura McDowell
Laura McDowell
March 21, 2017 1:14 pm

Thank you for this word! God bless you and your family.