Extended Forecast: Mild and Sunny with No Chance of Storm Clouds

paradise

To the pure in heart you show yourself pure. ~ Psalm 18:26

Meet a man who’s caught a glimpse of the future reign of our soon-coming King. In dreams, he rides a chariot in morning glory – a chariot on which his name is written: Daniel – Christ at the reins, driving him to sights unseen. They travel at the speed of light, arrive at their destination in the blink of an eye.

One moment he and our Blessed Lord are standing by a seashore. Then pronto, they’ve landed in Serengeti, Africa, where a 20,000 pound elephant falls to his knees in spontaneous worship at the sight of the King. Who’d have imagined His playful manner as He commands the creature to roll over so He and Daniel can scratch his massive belly?

When they look up, they see two cheetahs sunning on a rock, then two black-mane lions approaching. The Lord assures his friend Daniel, “Not to worry, they’re just out hunting food.” And no longer is man on the menu. It’s a new day. A peaceful reign.

Back on the seashore, they witness a blue whale rising from the water and flapping its fins in praise. Then a whole pod of killer whales stands on their tails and joins the Hallelujahs.

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. In these dreams, Daniel is always younger, a perpetual child at heart. His guileless soul reflects the Master’s, pure and whole.

He’s always imagined the Lord wearing white robes during the millennial reign, but in his visions he sees Him dressed in down-to-earth raiment. Like Daniel, he wears blue jeans. And, oh, how He loves his fishing and baseball. He has seen Jesus at bat, slamming baseballs into the universe, an angel in some celestial outfield desperately trying to catch.

In one dream they’re walking along the beach, barefoot, when they run into Peter, James, and John, then Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. Jesus invites them all to go fishing, and they climb into a boat with their tackle and bait.

Afterward, they build a bonfire and fry their catch. Paul, Silas, and Timothy smell the meal and join the party. Then the three Marys and Martha show up with bread and cake and a pitcher of water. The fellowship, sublime, unlike anything he’s seen in his lifetime.

It’s nothing strange for Daniel to break down crying when telling these dreams, for he’s reliving those precious moments in His presence where there is fullness of joy. That day on the beach when they were gathered for the fish feast, King David also made an appearance, and they all danced around the bonfire and sang and rejoiced in the Lord to their hearts’ delight.

Enter Into Your Master’s Joy

In one dream he is standing next to the Lord, who is holding the Lamb’s Book of Life in his hands. He sees square blocks with checks by some names. But others are blank. Jesus looks at the Father and says, “Here’s Daniel. He’s my friend. He’s a giver.” Then the Father grins at him in welcome, “Come on in, son.” And he does the moonwalk up those steps.

He watches as Jesus marks off people in the book. As he tells me this part of the dream he starts to weep, then says, “We were pleading for a man as he stood there. But the Father said, ‘I’m sorry. Go that way.’ I knew the guy, and I was like, ‘Oh my word, Lord have mercy.’”

Beyond the Present Forecast

During one of my visits with Daniel, I asked him if he’d heard the latest weather report: dark and cloudy with a chance of the apocalypse. No, but he’s seen the extended forecast: eternal sunshine and endless summer where it’s always fishing season, the sky a perfect blue with no clouds in sight.

Meet a man who sees Abba and Son up close and personal, and lives to share these adventures with those who have ears to hear. Will it be as Daniel says it will be? Yes, for he has seen this bright tomorrow; you can see it in his eyes as he tries to articulate the awesome wonders he’s witnessed.

Which is why, though he battles for every breath, he is grateful yet to still exist in this robe of flesh where he remains to fight the good fight of faith and tell everyone who will listen what joys lie ahead. He was given a choice whether to go or stay. Jesus held Daniel’s hands as they stood by a stream and said, “Now look, Daniel. If you cross that stream, you can’t go back.” So he chose not to cross it then.

In light of what we now know lies ahead, if given a choice, would you choose to cross the steam or remain here. Why or why not?

“The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid, and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a child shall lead them.” (Isaiah 11:6)

“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him. But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.” (1 Corinthians 2:9-10)

Debra Elramey

Author: Debra Elramey

Debra Elramey’s passion is Jesus Christ, and her vision is to see everyone whose life she touches fall madly in love with Him. She lives in North Carolina with her husband and daughter, where she works as a journalist for God’s kingdom, reporting news as it unfolds and disclosing His revelations. Her work has appeared in numerous publications internationally, in print and online.

Debra is currently working on a manuscript titled “Higher Education: Learning God’s Ways in the School of Life.” She also shares her songs on SoundCloud.

Dorothy Degman
Dorothy Degman
March 10, 2016 9:13 PM

Yes! No one else can make you feel like that with just a wink 🙂

He really had me going, too 🙂 I’m very sure that He and the angels were rolling with laughter at the look on my face!

Dorothy Degman
Dorothy Degman
March 10, 2016 4:18 PM

I hear people wondering and pondering if God has a sense of humor, knowing full well that He does. It is one of my favorite things about Him. Here is my most recent encounter of His lightheartedness:

On Sunday, March 6, 2016, I severely bruised the top of my foot by slamming it into the corner of a wall while sprinting into a hallway. It was very tender to walk on throughout the rest of the day. At the end of the day, I needed to embark on a two hour drive from Eugene to Portland. As I started on my way, I began driving very slowly because of how tender my foot was (it was my right foot), and I joked with the Lord, “Oh, so You want me to slow down. That’s why You let this happen to my foot.” He responded, “Yeah, I felt the need to give My angels a break from racing after you. They find it so challenging to keep you safe that they are overwhelmed with the task.” My mouth dropped open and I felt a little embarrassed at what I heard Him say. He waited a few seconds and then He winked at me to let me know He was joking. I felt the warmth of His playful humor and lightheartedness. These types of moments are some of my favorites with Him, and I love to think back on them.

Debra Elramey
March 10, 2016 6:18 PM

Dorothy – Heee! I can hear it now, the angels saying, “Lord, give us a break,” and the Lord saying, “Will do. Dorothy needs to learn to slow down anyway.” Those winks of His are the sweetest, aren’t they?

Debra Elramey
March 10, 2016 2:04 PM

Amen, Casey! To be with Him forever and to bring Him as much glory as possible while we are here. That’s what it’s all about. ~ Richest blessings to you, my brother.

Casey Toda
Casey
March 10, 2016 4:19 AM

Thank you for posting this my sister. We need the hope and joy set before us as we walk in these days. No matter what we must walk through on this side, they are light afflictions as Paul would say. Reading this truly helped me re-dial and refocus my percetion. Truly this is the Eternal and Everladting Gopsel, to be with Him forever and to bring Him as much glory as possible while we are here, loving Him, obeying Him and bringing as many to Him as possible. Amein.

Debra Elramey
March 10, 2016 12:15 AM

Joseph, beautiful story of how you imagine Anne’s and Pat’s surprise when they meet their unborn children in heaven. Thank you so much for sharing this; love it!
When my mother died, I walked her up the stairs to heaven. I imagine that when she reached the top, God took her hand. Here’s the poem.

Joseph Secola
Joseph Secola
March 9, 2016 10:00 PM

What an absolutely glorious story of our future. It reminds me of my reaction when I saw the Heaven is for Real movie and then read the book. The part of the movie where the boy describes his meeting with his red haired sister and that she died in the womb. She had no name because the parents had not given her one and did not know that she was a girl. It made me use my imagination to imagine when my mother passed in 2001 and went to heaven. I can imagine Jesus greeting my mom, Welcome Anne, there are two people I want to introduce you to. Anne is wondering who they are. She follows Jesus who introduces a brother and sister to her and explains to Anne that these are the children of her 2 miscarriages and that she needs to name them. Joy unspeakable and full of glory. Then I imagined my dad, who passed in 2011, again being welcomed into heaven by Jesus and his wife Anne. Anne says to My dad, Pat there are 2 people I want to introduce you to, etc. lastly, I have wondered what my mother named my brother and sister and the joy I would have when I was united to them in heaven. I believe we need to spend more time thinking of our wonderful future and how Great Jesus really is.

Doris
Doris
March 11, 2016 3:39 PM

This brings tears of joy to me. I have 5 children plus three miscarriages. 2 years ago my youngest daughter was attending a week long Bible school event, and on the last day everyone was encouraged to give testimony of what God did for them that week. After my daughter gave her testimony one of the teachers came to her and said while she was giving her testimony he had a vision of 3 ‘angels’ girls rejoicing over her, and said they looked like siblings! That brought her to tears, and when her tears stopped flowing and she was able to speak again, she told him about my miscarriages. He told her then what ages he guessed them to be, and that would have been about the ages my babies would have been had I not miscarried! I can hardly wait to meet them!

Debra Elramey
March 11, 2016 4:27 PM

Doris, wow, what a story. No doubt your daughter’s teacher’s vision was of your three children who are now with the Lord. Thank you for sharing this amazing testimony. We need to keep reminding one another that there’s a new chapter of life to come.

Debra Elramey
March 9, 2016 8:48 PM

V, I appreciate this more than you know. Bless you!

V
V
March 9, 2016 7:31 PM

This is probably one of the most beautifull things I’ve read. It put a smile on my face. 🙂 thank you for sharing it.

Debra Elramey
March 9, 2016 3:54 PM

Thank you Linda. I need to be reminded of the glory too, as we live in one dark world at present. I don’t want to only see the bad and the ugly but to keep my eyes fixed on Him, the light and the glory.

Linda Y
Linda Y
March 9, 2016 10:52 AM

Got a tear in my eyes after reading this. Thank you Debra for sharing Daniel’s story, I need to be reminded of the glory that awaits all who love the Lord!