In my previous post I listed Ten Disturbing Facts About Pope Francis. Thanks to visitors to this site, I continue to learn about more disturbing facts.
Like the old saying, “truth is stranger than fiction”. These facts include really strange connections between Pope Francis and the numbers thirteen and six. Any one of these alone would be too trivial to have any meaning, but the repeated occurrence is enough to at least make us wonder. Could these be clues revealing his true identity?
- Pope Francis was elected to the papacy on March 13 2013, which is 3/13/2013. If you add up the numbers in the election date you get: 3+1+3+2+0+1+3 = 13.
- Billowing white smoke appeared from the chimney over the Sistine Chapel at 7:06 p.m (Italian time) signaling the new Pope had been elected. If you add up the numbers, 7+0+6=13. Also, 6 minutes past 7 is exactly 66 minutes past 6, which is 666.
- On the same day he was elected, Pope Francis made his first public appearance on the balcony of St. Peter’s Basilica at 8:12 pm, which was exactly 66 minutes after the billowing white smoke signal.
- Pope Francis was 76 years old at the time of his election, which is 7+6 = 13.
- His predecessor, Pope Benedict XVI, resigned on February 28 2013. So Pope Francis was elected exactly 13 days after his predecessor resigned.
- Pope Francis visited the Holy Land for the first time (as Pope) on May 24 2014. Exactly 13 days before his visit to the Holy Land, on May 11 2014, he ordained 13 priests.
- Pope Francis was named after St Francis, a 13th Century saint. Not only is this another connection with the number thirteen, but it is also odd for another reason. St Francis gave a long prophetic warning about the final pope.
Meaning of Number Thirteen
So who cares about all the thirteens? Here are two possible explanations.
First, it could be another clue revealing his identity as the false prophet, the second beast, because the ministry of the false prophet is revealed in Revelation chapter 13. Not only that, but the pinnacle of his power is revealed in Revelation 13:13, “He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down out of heaven to the earth in the presence of men.”
Second, the number thirteen is believed to be symbolic of rebellion and lawlessness. Some people claim this association comes from the fact there were thirteen people in attendance at the Lord’s last supper, where he was betrayed. Others point to this scripture:
Twelve years they had served Chedorlaomer, but the thirteenth year they rebelled. (Genesis 14:4)
Also, ancient Israel had seven righteous kings, but endured the reign of thirteen evil kings. Many people try to avoid associating themselves with thirteen. Many office and apartment buildings have no 13th floor, and hotel rooms sometimes avoid having a room numbered 13. Many people believe it is a bad omen when the 13th day of the month falls on Friday. Whereas the number twelve is easily divisible, there is no way to easily divide the number 13, which makes it stand alone as if it is refusing to cooperate with other numbers.
Meaning of Number Six
God created man on the sixth day of the week so the number six is associated with the number of man. This is usually a negative association because it represents man’s reliance on himself rather than on God. God appointed six days for man to work, but the seventh day as a day of rest. Similarly he appointed six years to harvest the land, but the seventh year the land is to be allowed a year of rest.
Three sixes together represents man exalting himself to the position of God because three is the number of the trinity, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. So that is why 666 is the number of the beast. The Bible does not specifically say which beast the number represents, but it is the second beast who requires everyone to take the mark of the beast, which is the number of the beast (Revelation 13:11-18).
All of these things could be just strange coincidences or they could be more clues revealing the identity of the false prophet. I honestly don’t know yet, but the more of these kinds of things I find the more convinced I am that Pope Francis is at least a strong candidate for the position of false prophet.
Thanks to Frank for posting these facts in a comment on a previous post. He also shared a link to the site where these facts came from.
Author: James Bailey
James Bailey is a blogger, business owner, husband and father of two grown children. In 1982, he surrendered his life to the Lord Jesus Christ. In 2012, he founded Z3news.com to broadcast the message of salvation by reporting end time news before it happens.
© 2015, Z3 News. The first 200 words of Z3 News articles may be shared online in exchange for a clickable link to our site. Please include the author name and do not make any changes to text or titles. No image files from our site may be shared because we don’t own them. For permission to use our content in other formats, please contact us.