“This is the Year of Great Prayer, and you must use it wisely as it has been given unto you who know what to do.”

In a vision, Jesus was standing dressed as High Priest before the golden bowls of incense in the Holy Place. I was standing next to Him dressed just like Him. He reached his hands into the golden bowls of incense and Jesus began to stir the incense with his fingers. The Incense flowed through his hands like little golden lights and then he blew with his lips upon the Incense and it flashed in the bowl like fire.

The Lord said:

“I am stirring the bowls of the prayers of My people in this hour. I am fanning them with My hands and with My breath, so that the authority of your prayers will fully expand. The coals of holy intercession shall indeed burn deeper in this land.

Sue, I have many royal priests of great worth who stand before me upon the earth. Know that I shall increase the brooding of My spirit more, and I will fan My people’s hearts even more. My House shall be filled with prayer for the nations. My house shall be filled with great light, with great fire, and with great glory, to change the course and destinies of the nations of the earth.

This is the Year of Great Prayer, and you must use it wisely as it has been given unto you who know what to do. I am entrusting these Holy Bowls to you. My purposes for your nation shall come forth, but your nation shall stand strong only through a deeper fiery prayer birth. Furnaces of intercession shall soon rise from your nation’s skies up to My watchful eyes. Your nation shall indeed know that I am their God, and that by My Faithfulness to them, they shall stand.

It’s time for steadfast prayer to join hand unto hand, for My incense shall rise and shall ignite multitudes across the lands. My Spirit of Prayer shall blow intensely upon you all, and the incense from your prayers shall rise from My Hands, unto My Father who hears them all.”

The Spirit of Prayer:

Let my prayer be counted as incense before You; The lifting up of my hands as the evening offering. (Psalm 141:2)

8 When He had taken the book, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each one holding a harp and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.
9 And they *sang a new song, saying, “Worthy are You to take the book and to break its seals; for You were slain, and purchased for God with Your blood men from every tribe and tongue and people and nation.
10 You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God; and they will reign upon the earth.” (Revelation 5:8-10)

And I will pour out upon the house of David and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace or unmerited favor and supplication. And they shall look [earnestly] upon Me Whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and shall mourn in bitterness for Him as one who is in bitterness for his firstborn. (Zechariah 12:10, John 19:37, Rev. 1:7)

Other Prayer Scriptures:

1 There will be silence before You, and praise in Zion, O God, and to You the vow will be performed.
2 O You who hear prayer, to You all men come.
3 Iniquities prevail against me; as for our transgressions, You forgive them.
4 How blessed is the one whom You choose and bring near to You to dwell in Your courts. We will be satisfied with the goodness of Your house, Your holy temple.
5 By awesome deeds You answer us in righteousness, O God of our salvation, You who are the trust of all the ends of the earth and of the farthest sea;
6 Who establishes the mountains by His strength, being girded with might;
7 Who stills the roaring of the seas, the roaring of their waves, and the tumult of the peoples.
8 They who dwell in the ends of the earth stand in awe of Your signs;
You make the dawn and the sunset shout for joy.
9 You visit the earth and cause it to overflow; You greatly enrich it;
the stream of God is full of water; You prepare their grain, for thus You prepare the earth.
10 You water its furrows abundantly, You settle its ridges, You soften it with showers, You bless its growth.
11 You have crowned the year with Your bounty, and Your paths drip with fatness.
12 The pastures of the wilderness drip, and the hills gird themselves with rejoicing.
13 The meadows are clothed with flocks and the valleys are covered with grain; they shout for joy, yes, they sing. (Psalm 65:1-13)

33 then hear from heaven, from Your dwelling place, and do according to all for which the foreigner calls to You, in order that all the peoples of the earth may know Your name, and fear You as do Your people Israel, and that they may know that this house which I have built is called by Your name.
34 When Your people go out to battle against their enemies, by whatever way You shall send them, and they pray to You toward this city which You have chosen and the house which I have built for Your name,
35 then hear from heaven their prayer and their supplication, and maintain their cause.
36 When they sin against You (for there is no man who does not sin) and You are angry with them and deliver them to an enemy, so that they take them away captive to a land far off or near,
37 if they take thought in the land where they are taken captive, and repent and make supplication to You in the land of their captivity, saying, ‘We have sinned, we have committed iniquity and have acted wickedly’;
38 if they return to You with all their heart and with all their soul in the land of their captivity, where they have been taken captive, and pray toward their land which You have given to their fathers and the city which You have chosen, and toward the house which I have built for Your name,
39 then hear from heaven, from Your dwelling place, their prayer and supplications, and maintain their cause and forgive Your people who have sinned against You.
40 Now, O my God, I pray, let Your eyes be open and Your ears attentive to the prayer offered in this place.
41 Now therefore arise, O Lord God, to Your resting place, You and the ark of Your might; let Your priests, O Lord God, be clothed with salvation and let Your godly ones rejoice in what is good.
42 O Lord God, do not turn away the face of Your anointed; remember Your lovingkindness to Your servant David.” (2 Chronicles 6:33-42)

26 In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words;
27 and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. (Romans 8:26-28)

Rev Susan O'Marra

Author: Rev Susan O’Marra

Rev Susan O’Marra and her husband Patrick are pastors of The Salvation of God Church in Rochester NY, which is a charismatic Assembly of God prophetic training and equipping center focusing on equipping the saints to do the work of the ministry. She shares her dreams and visions on her blog, In the Image of His Glory Ministries. Susan enjoys camping, archaeology, travel, gardening, and missions.

Brother Steven
Brother Steven
May 3, 2017 5:16 PM

Is there any hope for those who are well trained in Prayer, know the Scriptures, know spiritual warfare, know His Will, yet struggle with making time for Prayer? For those who start well, then begin to daydream? For those who enter in and then drift off to sleep? God help those of us who have a call to prayer but have been feeble in response to His calling—God have mercy on us to push through-to Pray through and avail much……signed Brother Steven C Millhorn…….
This is my lame confession.

Sujit Thomas
May 4, 2017 3:26 AM

Brother Steven,

I can only speak from personal experience.

Until very recently I’d always found prayer a struggle. Whenever I’d hear of all-night prayers or something similar, I’d wonder how people did it. Prayer was my least favorite of things to do. It was something I couldn’t do for very long and didn’t like to do for very long. Even though I knew prayer was good, I just couldn’t bring myself to do it. It was like a boring chore.

But ever since I began praying in the Spirit, which was not very long ago, probably about a year or so, my prayer life has been transformed. What was a struggle is no longer so. For example, I once used to shy away from intercession and prayer requests, but now that is no longer the case. Before, when called to pray in a corporate setting, I’d keep my prayers short because I struggled to find words, and I usually had a set of standard lines, practically memorized. And when I think about it, it is amazing how different my prayers now are (when I pray with my understanding) because, more often than not, it just flows; no more memorization. Through repeated encouragement from the Lord, I now find myself praying in the Spirit through most of my days no matter what task I am engaged with. And I now wonder if this is what Paul meant when he spoke of praying without ceasing. Because apart from my sleeping hours, that is literally what I am doing.

Like I said, I can only speak from personal experience. Sometimes I wish I’d discovered this gift sooner.

Heather C
Heather C
May 4, 2017 4:58 PM

Sujit your experiences always bring much needed growth for me -TY -the last two weeks or so I have been praying the Lord teach me to walk in the spirit always so I don’t fulfill the lusts of the flesh -His response was so simple and yet so powerful as I began to walk it out -He said pray without ceasing –as I pondered it and began to use this tool an amazing transformation is happening -I discovered it gives me eyes from His perspective as I walk thru my days – this is an example -If i see an overweight person -I pray the Lord to bring balance to their system -casting out gluttony and body imbalances -praying life and truth over their souls..etc… #2 it protects me from having an automatic -judgment over anthers sins or faults -(something i was really struggling with )# 3 I am in continual conversation with Him and the prayers for others is really beginning to flow –Its been such an amazing revelation for me – I really want and pray for the prayer language as I feel its an important tool -thank you for sharing

Sujit Thomas
May 10, 2017 10:20 AM

Thank you for sharing this, Heather. I like your testimony because I can testify to the transformation.

Lynne NZ
Lynne NZ
May 4, 2017 12:42 PM

Thank you dear Sujit, as I am sitting down this morning to pray and my mind, once again, is going all over the place, I remember your words that I read before I went to sleep last night. Thank you! I have made the change! I am so hopeful and so encouraged I had to write you while I pray!!!!!

Brother Steven
Brother Steven
May 4, 2017 4:46 AM

Thank you Sujit……….Yes you are right in all counts………I too Pray in the Spirit and have done those things you’ve said………..Peaks and Valleys……..I did speak from experience but I also spoke in general terms because those things happen to most people…….but your words of experience are good and welcome. Thanks again.

Sujit Thomas
May 10, 2017 10:18 AM

Brothers and sisters,

I am very excited to share a new experience. You see, Romans 8:26–27 describes how the Spirit intercedes for us in accordance with God’s will. Well, ever since I began to pray in the Spirit, I did experience the fruit of this, but then I had this question: Did the Holy Spirit’s intercession extend to the prayer requests of the people who have asked me to intercede for them?

I didn’t know for sure. I wanted to believe the answer was yes. A sibling in Christ had told me that the answer was yes, but I wanted positive personal experience. You see, as my prayer life transformed, I began to get prayer requests. Initially, I would set aside quiet time to pray with my understanding over these requests. I didn’t know any other way. But as the requests increased, I found I couldn’t increase my quiet time for this proportionately. One day I received a prayer request from a sister in Christ who was going through a rough patch.

I didn’t know how exactly to pray for her with my understanding. So I resorted to praying in the Spirit, even though I wasn’t sure what exactly I was praying for or even if I was praying for her. All along I battled accusations from the enemy that I was failing to pray for her, because, of course, I wasn’t praying with my understanding, but I persisted.

Well, today I got my confirmation from this sister. She said that she had overcome the rough patch and that things were going well now. I didn’t tell her how I prayed for her, but inside I am exhilarated! Now I am certain that the Holy Spirit’s intercession does extend to others!

I hope you all find this testimony edifying. For me, this is beyond edifying!

faith
faith
May 10, 2017 2:32 PM

PTL Sujit! I too have a testimony concerning how the Holy Spirit will at times reveal to us that He indeed is interceding in our prayer requests for others.

Several months ago I was praying in the spirit for a relative of my husband’s. She was pregnant with twins with severe birth defects. During the course of her remaining pregnancy I prayed in tongues often for her and there were 2 times I starting singing in the spirit. Although I didn’t understand the words I was singing I recognized the tune as a secular song that I hadn’t thought about in a long time. I wondered to myself, “Of all the songs I know that are hymns and praise/worship, why would H.S. have me sing this song?” It is a sweet song with nice lyrics but not one I sing on a regular basis. When it happened the second time I had a little moment of doubt that I was praying in intercession for her.

She carried her babies almost full term and sadly her babies did not survive. I was unable to attend the funeral however my husband did and he brought home the little funeral program. I read through it and turned it over. On the back of the program were the words to the song I had been singing in the spirit! How wondrous is our Lord and how kind He is to show us our prayers are reaching Him!

Since then her name will come to mind periodically when I’m praying in the spirit and I know she needs prayers for her grief. This time I have full confidence in H.S.’s prayers of intercession.

May 10, 2017 11:13 AM

Thanks for sharing this great testimony. I am glad to hear you are praying in the spirit because you are praying in agreement with the perfect will of God.

littledove
littledove
May 3, 2017 6:43 PM

This is so incredibly beautiful in so many ways -“I am fanning them with My hands and with My breath, so that the authority of your prayers will fully expand”” wow what an incredible promise ! Lord I receive this and will be wise -I say yes

SeanC
SeanC
May 3, 2017 10:45 PM

This really hits me as this past week and this week several images have been popping in my head of starting a prayer service at my small congregation. I’ve never been to one and even when I grew up in church such things have been phased out.