“There is a trans-generational handover of the batons of Kingdom interests at present.”

In worship today, I saw a vision of an older man running the last bit of his leg of the relay, holding a baton. The finish line was not far away, but there was space for one more relay runner to complete the race for the team.

In the crowd there were also older people standing watching the race, holding batons and younger people without batons. The older people thought that their time of running for the purposes of God were now over because of their age. Then a younger person appeared on the race track and laid hold of the baton, which the older man was running with and for a brief moment they were connected by the baton as they both held onto it together, before the older man let go and his part in the race was over.

I felt the Lord saying, “There is a trans-generational handover of the batons of Kingdom interests at present, but some of the older generation of Believers are just standing watching others run, even though there is a baton in their hands.”

To them, the Lord would say, “If the baton is still in your hand and you have not passed it on to anyone, then get back in the race. I need all hands on deck in this hour. There is still time to run and to hand over what is in your heart to the next generation. Age is no barrier to Me! Put your running shoes on!”

To the older ones running the race with all their heart, “Your part in the race is almost over. Hold out the baton in a way that someone from the younger generation may lay hold of it, or the work you have done for the kingdom will be laid to rest with you. There is still another short leg of the race to be run and much can be accomplished in this short space of time if you will link with the younger generation and run in such a way as to safely hand over the portion of Kingdom interests you have been stewarding.”

I felt the Lord say to the young people, “Do not run aimlessly or just stand there on the sidelines watching others run. Look for an older runner with the baton of a Kingdom interest in their hand and align yourself with them in such a way as to lay hold of the baton that they carry. Let there be a Kingdom handover of precious plans and purposes for the sake of the Gospel and learn from those who have run in this area before you. Seize hold of the opportunity for exponential increase of opportunity and anointing in this trans-generational handover, for we walk in the times of the Elisha’s receiving the Elijah’s mantles and a double portion of the power and help of Heaven is at your disposal to finish the race in this hour, if only there would be a joining together and a yoking into the harness for Kingdom purposes which are already established and being carried out in the earth. You may run with your own style but you will carry the Divinely appointed and anointed purposes of Heaven to completion as you take over the carrying of the baton from those who have gone before.”

I felt the Lord stressing that now is not the time to remain inactive on the sidelines. All those holding batons should be running with all their hearts, not watching. And all those who do not have batons need to seek the Lord’s mind for a particular baton to lay hold of and find the person running with that particular Kingdom interest. There is no time to waste. We are in a crucial handover period. Do not let it go to waste.

Finally, as I finished recording this vision, I heard a cry go out over the racetrack scene. It was a cry of desperation, a cry encapsulating all the zeal and passion that Jesus has for His Father’s will to be fully done in the earth in our day. It was a cry that seemed to use all the air in His lungs as He yelled, “Where are the final runners who will complete the race for Us? Where are those who will step in and carry the batons of Heaven’s purposes safely to the finish line? Come! It is time!”

Then I was given a scripture which points to the fact that we are in the 11th hour as far as Heaven’s purposes are concerned. Laborers are urgently needed:

6 And going out about the eleventh hour, he found others standing idle, and said to them, Why do you stand here idle all day?
7  They said to him, Because no one has hired us. He said to them, You also go into the vineyard, and you will receive whatever is just. (Matthew 20:6-7)

Christine Beadsworth

Author: Christine Beadsworth

Christine Beadsworth lives in Somerset West, South Africa. She is an artist, poet and speaker, also writing and publishing articles under the ‘Fresh Oil Releases’ banner. She has authored several books, which she offers for free on her blog, Fresh Oil Releases. In 2017, she started a new site for posting her podcasts, called Fresh Air Releases.

Abby
Abby
July 2, 2017 8:19 PM

Wow, this is amazing! I felt the Lord speaking to me through this word, since I am young (15, actually).

Mike M
Mike M
July 3, 2017 10:52 AM

Awesome Abby! Thank you for listening to Him. Your generation is already rocking at a young age. You guys are prophesying, healing the sick, evangelizing… It is amazing to watch. God bless you dear keep chasing Him!

Brother Steven
Brother Steven
July 2, 2017 10:44 PM

I can only speak for myself here, who have tried to run the race with a burning torch-but who have felt isolated by my harsh preaching over the years because of the raw, blunt truth of our modern decline, I would welcome a younger one to either mentor or take my baton. But I feel I’m not finished yet with my own zeal-filled walk. But again, I do feel weary in ever sowing and hardly ever reaping. Not that I must reap, but I want to know from God if I’ve born good fruit. I guess I’m as fragile as the next person, not really believing it myself that I am, but the older I get the more I see my limitations and my time winding down. God’s nod is that which I seek for……but I find it in my hope of Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Amen.

July 3, 2017 2:11 AM

I agree Brother Steven, you are not finished yet and neither am I. The good news is this word received by Christine Beadsworth assures us there is still one more leg to run in this race, so we have an opportunity to finish strong.

Paul
Paul
July 2, 2017 11:32 PM

I too just need that Nod or Pat or Touch or that little assurance from Him in this dark hour and nothing has been in vain. I fully understand what you are saying.
Be blessed,
Paul

Mike M
Mike M
July 3, 2017 11:11 AM

In our weakness He is strong Brother Steven. I’ve heard it said that the Kingdom is like a patchwork quilt. On the bottom side it looks like a bunch of strings and patches of cloth and we wonder what is going on with it…but on the top side it is beautiful in how it comes together. Remain strong in the faith and one day you will see how God worked it all together for good for you who loves the Lord and is called according to His purposes. I would say that much of the fruit of the lives of the great heroes of faith was realized after they had gone home. Abraham’s life is still bearing fruit today!

Krista West
Krista West
July 3, 2017 12:22 AM

I feel that Lord has had my husband and I on a bit of a crash course to strip us of our own desires and prepare us for what is next. We have had the chance to live many different places and fulfill many different dreams at a young age. The Lord has been working greatly and strengthening us both. I believe this message is for us, to remind us to reach out our hands and allow the baton to come our way. It is a daunting possiblity to carry on the tasks that older believers have devoted their lives to setting up.. please pray for us young ones as well as the old!!

Martus
Martus
July 3, 2017 7:13 AM

The time to hand over the baton is when you are dead, otherwise you are still in the race.

Christine Beadsworth
July 4, 2017 9:21 AM

the point of allowing someone else to run with you and take hold of the baton while you are alive, is that you impart wisdom and experience so they can receive from what you have carried. you mentor them for a season so they can take over successfully!

Brother Steven
Brother Steven
July 3, 2017 5:38 PM

Perhaps in a perfect world……just before we die, we can lay hands on the next Generation and speak a blessing over them and impart our mantles…..Just saying!

Cie
Cie
July 3, 2017 9:47 PM

How about we don’t wait for our dying time and impart the living waters of our Lord Jesus daily to whosoever will. Be that cup in the Lord’s hand and let Him guide you to the thirsty.

Brother Steven
Brother Steven
July 3, 2017 10:53 PM

My perfect world remarks were exclusively for Martus……….I concur with your definition……….I was just being a little playful……..

Cie
Cie
July 3, 2017 11:35 PM

Ohhh, ok. 🙂

Christine Beadsworth
July 4, 2017 9:21 AM

exactly Steven!!

paul
paul
July 3, 2017 1:49 PM

In othere words, everyon has a baton, has to run, both young and old …and FINSH the race STRONG… cheers,
Paul

Julie
July 3, 2017 10:46 AM

I had a dream where I was running up to I guess you could say an older man who I particularly admire his spiritual gifts. He had finished his race and so I gave him a cup, like a medal. But then I had to go back to running because I was not finished with my race.

Sometimes, I feel like the older generation is kind of threatened by what they perceive as weaknesses in the younger generation. But if they would hold off judgement for a little bit, then maybe they would see that God has it under control. I think the judgement especially between the millennials and the boomers is holding us back because we have a lot we could be learning from each other if we would recognize the attempts of the adversary to cause hatred–and they may seem valid– but if we do not get sucked up in it, but see the good in each other; then God can mend our flaws.

I think often of that scripture in Malachi 3:5. If the hearts of the fathers and children do not turn together, then the whole earth will be cursed at His coming.

Brother Steven
Brother Steven
July 3, 2017 5:37 PM

I may be a simpleton Miss Julie but what you’ve said is so profound and yet very typical to human nature. In non spiritual things-in the every day things of life, the older ones seem to dismiss the maturity of the younger ones, knowing that “they” have not trodden the same ground that I have, or they have not endure or suffered like I have-nor experienced all the things that life can throw at a person-no, they have not all the wealth of understanding that I have”………This is very common in day to day life between the generations……..So what you’ve said is surely true in spiritual matters as well. Perhaps……the older ones have had a longer time in service and learning and suffering, but because time is so short……God is giving certain gifts and advantages to the younger ones to speed up their contributions, so then we all need to immerse ourselves in His Love and vision for the Kingdom and work in unity and harmony…….putting to death the vanity, pride and filth of the flesh………I am very impressed and touched by what your wrote………..
God speed and God bless you.

Marilee Alm
Marilee Alm
July 2, 2017 8:48 PM
These are the comments under her prayer–very powerful!! The Jehu Prayers | Killing The Dragon I have been praying the Jehu Prayers. I repeated the “violence by fire” prayers (6 days). Everything was fine until I got to “Killing the dragon”. The first time I did it, I was determined to finish it but I wasn’t sure what it would take. I prayed it at least 5 times in 24 hours at marked hours: that is, 12am, 3am, 6am and so on. But on the 4am of the first time I prayed this prayer, a python spirit wrapped itself around me and tried to choke me, but glory to #God, Jesus did not allow me to see corruption. This was meant to intimidate me but the Lord comforted me. I pray Jesus will not permit it either in your life in Jesus name!! Hallelujah!! It failed. I continued… this time, I was determined to eat no food or water. FYI: Prior to this time I was already on a fast that breaks at 6pm. Well, after the first day of praying persistently with no food or water (by second day), the Lord confirmed to me that He had heard me; so I didn’t pray “killing the dragon” anymore, I went on to the next, but quickly noticed a fierce attack was being launched at me esp. in sleep state. This time, the Lord said turn on the killing the dragon prayer and use headphones and lay down. I did. And lo and behold, towards the end of the prayer, I drifted off into a dream/vision and saw a man trying to stop me, then as I ran towards the exit, there were uncountable pythons blocking the way. There was no way I could go through. Initially I hesitated but the… Read more »
Scott
Scott
July 5, 2017 9:55 PM

Some of us old timers are new at carrying the baton. I strayed from the Lord for nearly 30 years. Time is short… and am urgently racing to catch up…have my own race to run. Mathew 20:6-7… part of one of my favorite parables!

Mark
July 3, 2017 7:36 PM

Very exciting/encouraging word from the Lord to Joannie Stahl now up at aminutetomidnite.com It surely is time!

Mark
Mark
July 3, 2017 5:11 AM

Encouraging words – can see the new passion of the youth in the churches I have been visting lately, including myself. We had some South Koreans (I’m in England) visit a church I visited at random yesterday, who encouraged us to pray pray pray if you aren’t sure of your next steps.

Jenny from U.K
July 3, 2017 10:20 AM

Hi Mark, nice to see a fellow Brit on z3 news. We certainly need to take the baton here ! Whereabouts are you ? I am in Kent.

Mark
Mark
July 3, 2017 10:31 AM

Currently South Coast for University but grew up / parents in Bristol

A. Ayer
A. Ayer
July 3, 2017 12:40 PM
I had a dream very similar to this word! I may have already posted it here. I dreamed I was running on a track alongside my daughter (who is 22). She was very focused on her race; looking straight ahead as I ran along beside her. As I ran, I was throwing gold dust just in front of her feet on the track. So I ran alongside, throwing gold dust as she ran. My feeling as I awoke and as I have thought about this dream is that it is also a picture of the multi-generational integration that is coming. My feeling was that the older generation is going to be giving resources of many kinds to the younger generation as they run their race. The resources will be given AS THEY RUN, and only for the next step or two as they go. Like the Lord does with us so often! He gives what is needed when it is needed, and not so often big chunks of resources in advance. I have prayed about this, and feel there are many ways this will be played out. We will shepherd the next generation in our corrupt and complex society, helping them to avoid the many snares and pitfalls we fell unto, unaware they were there. They may not make much money with a difficult economy coming on–we will supplement them and make sure their needs are met. (I feel low-cost housing in safe areas, and perhaps helping with cars and car repair, making sure they have “enough” so that the stress of those difficulties will not interfere with their “race”). We will find the few remaining dedicated Christian youth and open professional doors for them. We will encourage them to continue in the development of their faith–not just Bible studies… Read more »
A. Ayer
A. Ayer
July 3, 2017 12:51 PM

If I might add to what I wrote above, something the Lord has impressed upon me is the importance of the older, stable generation working to create community for the younger believers. My early-20s children are having a very difficult time finding Godly places and groups to be a part of; places to meet other Christian people their own age. Most of what is available involves young married couples. The youth, because they ALL went away to college, end up in a town (even the one where they grew up) without a peer group. It has proven to be incredibly hard to find a broad peer group with which to integrate. And my own daughter moved back to the town where she grew up! Where are our youth to meet other single Christians, if they didn’t meet someone in college, or if they didn’t attend college? We have found that many, if not most, of the youth gathering opportunities are so seeker-focused that they aren’t Christian at all, and attract the wrong kinds of people. I’m posting this because it is a huge issue in my own town, and so probably is everywhere. We need to smooth their path, make it easier for them to do what is right–and counter the many influences that are always seeking to pull them off the path.

paul
paul
July 3, 2017 1:46 PM

Very true and same is the case here with 2 young childeren in their early 20s. but the church community church has been great and provided a youth platform and …now my kids are always hre and there mingling with them….nic to see tht even though they are less at home..

Best,
Paul

Christine Beadsworth
July 4, 2017 9:23 AM

I love what you wrote here!

A. Ayer
A. Ayer
July 4, 2017 9:36 AM

Thanks! It felt so much, really, like your dream. 🙂 I think we are entering a difficult but exciting time!!