This video was originally published by Redacted's YouTube Channel.
The following is an AI generated summary of the video shown above, which was published by Redacted’s YouTube Channel.
The Biden Administration’s response to the wildfires in Lahaina
- The people of Lahaina, Hawaii feel that the Biden Administration has abandoned them after the devastating wildfires.
- The administration’s promised relief loans through the Small Business Administration (SBA) have not been paid out after five months.
- This lack of assistance is forcing people off the island, as they cannot afford to stay without financial support.
- Many residents believe that the government’s actions are intentional and aimed at driving them out of the island.
- The mainstream media is not covering this story, which adds to the frustration and lack of attention on the issue.
“The people here believe that this is all intentional and it’s really just a way to drive them off the island by choking them out.”
Challenges faced by the people of Lahaina in rebuilding
- Over five months have passed since the wildfires destroyed the town of Lahaina.
- The Biden Administration’s response has not led to any improvements; in fact, the situation has worsened.
- The Small Business Administration’s relief loans and insurance payouts have not been provided to the residents.
- Despite the quick distribution of loans during the COVID-19 pandemic, Lahaina residents are unable to access the same financial support.
- The SBA’s excuses, such as software updates and loan reviews by supervisors, have frustrated the affected residents.
“The fact that it’s been over five months and you’re hearing excuses…it’s like it’s almost a joke and nobody’s holding these people accountable.”
Lack of government assistance and media coverage
- The government’s response to the wildfires in Lahaina has left the residents feeling abandoned.
- The lack of permits granted to residents for accessing their own properties and rebuilding is causing frustration.
- Insurance adjusters are not allowed in the area to assess damages and facilitate payouts.
- The mainstream media has shown little interest in covering the ongoing situation in Lahaina.
- The government’s negligence and lack of accountability are contributing to the worsening conditions for the affected residents.
“Nobody wants to talk about Lahaina at this point…it’s not a sexy story anymore.”
Displacement and housing crisis in Lahaina
- The people of Lahaina who lost their homes in the wildfires are living in a tent city set up in a park.
- Additionally, FEMA’s presence has caused a housing shortage, as the agency drives up rental prices.
- The increased rents are forcing even those who were not directly affected by the fires to be evicted and become homeless.
- The combination of the destruction caused by the wildfires and FEMA’s actions has created a secondary crisis for the residents of Lahaina.
“A lot of the people living on the beach in tents are people who didn’t even have their houses burned down…it’s being created by the Biden Administration and FEMA.”
Eviction moratorium not being enforced
- People in Lahaina are facing eviction despite there being a supposed eviction moratorium in place.
- The lack of enforcement of the moratorium is causing people to be thrown out onto the streets.
- It is concerning that the United States of America is allowing this to happen.
“It hits home when you know these people that I met back months ago that were trying to just get through the situation and coped fairly well with it. Now, all of a sudden, they’re being thrown out on the street. It’s mindboggling to me that we’re letting this happen in the United States of America.”
Discrepancy in official death numbers
- The official death count of the Maui fires is reported to be 99.
- However, the people in Lahaina believe that this number is not accurate.
- The government provides very few details about the 99 confirmed deaths, including the names and ages of the victims.
“This is the only disaster that I’ve ever seen where the official death count has dropped by 30%. People here tend to believe that it’s in the range of at least 300 to 400. The lack of transparency is driving people crazy and causing chaos in the community.”
This video was originally published by Redacted’s YouTube Channel.
Donate to help keep Z3 News going...
Countless people are being injured and even killed by the barrage of lies spread by the world's biggest media platforms. At Z3 News, we’re doing our best to fight back by shining the light of truth backed up by facts from leading experts. If you agree with what we’re doing, please consider becoming a part of it by helping us cover our operating and living expenses so we can keep the site going. To stand with us, please click here to donate. Thanks!