While Christians debate whether or not we are living in the last days, tens of thousands of people have already received computer chip implants in their hand. Many of the chips are capable of processing transactions, fulfilling ancient prophecies about people taking a mark in their right hand or in their forehead (Revelation 13:16-18).
Not only are chip implants already here, but things are changing today at a much faster pace than ever before. For example, just one year after the 2015 launch of the new credit card chip readers, the rollout is still not 100% complete, but chipped credit cards are already old news. News media reports and tech conferences around the world are already looking ahead to the next generation chip technology, which is being implanted into human hands.
- Retailers estimate 30,000 to 50,000 people globally have already received RFID chip implants in their bodies. (Source: Wall Street Journal)
- Anyone can now order their own RFID chip implant kit online for just $99 and implant the chip into their own hand. (DangerousThings.com)
- Australian citizens are already getting chip implants voluntarily. It is being promoted as a way to move one step closer to becoming a Cyborg, which is short for cybernetic organism. Cyborgs have human tissues hosting high tech parts with superhuman capabilities. Although it is just a science fiction idea, it has captured the imagination of many young people, especially technology savvy people, and is one reason why they like the idea of chip implants. (Source: Guardian)
- An office building in Stockholm Sweden already offers chip implants to their tenants for entry into the building and their individual offices and access to the photocopier without a pass card. (Source: BBC)
- At the Baja Beach Club in Rotterdam Holland, night club owner John Van Gellan has been offering microchip implants to his VIP customers since 2009. The 1.5-minute video below shows how it works.
- Since 2004, another Baja Beach Club in Barcelona Spain has been allowing customers to pay for drinks and entry to their club with chip implants. They even turned Tuesday nights into “Implant Night” where guests can be chipped in between drinking and dancing. In the first two months, 25 people received implants. (Source: The Guardian and The Register) The Baja Barcelona Beach Club is no longer in business. (Source: Wikipedia)
- In August 2014, the Obama administration announced plans to implant computer chips into U.S. soldiers to help them heal. The chips are designed to modulate the nervous system to help control everything from arthritis to post-traumatic stress. The project is headed by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), which is a Pentagon agency. Program officials say the goal is to develop a technology that could help people heal more quickly through the use of biosensors and electromagnetic devices that control human organs. “Instead of relying only on medication, we envision a closed-loop system that would work in concept like a tiny, intelligent pacemaker,” said Doug Weber, the program’s manager. (Source: Washington Post)
- Bitcoin wallet already allows people to save their private keys in their chip implants by swiping their hand over NFC-enabled POS card reader terminals. (Source: NewsBTC.com)
- NFC chips were one of the main attractions at the 2016 Black Sea Summit in Kiev Ukraine. The Black Sea Summit is an annual technology conference. NFC chips are more secure than RFID chips because the scanners can only read them from.
Benefits of Chip Implants:
Why would anyone want a chip implanted into their body? Here are some of the benefits.
- Unlock doors at home or office with simply a wave of the hand. No more risk of losing your key or company badge.
- Open gates at secure parking lots or gated communities. No risk of someone guessing the old four-digit codes.
- Store business and emergency contact information. Sure, it’s all on your phone which is always with you, but what if you lose your phone? What if the battery dies?
- Store medical records faster, better, and cheaper in electronic medical records systems, but since most people don’t have the chip implants yet, recipients might temporarily need a little tattoo to let paramedics and doctors know they are chipped.
- Employers, governments, militaries can use them to track personnel.
- Doctors can use them to monitor patients.
- Board airline flights without tickets or boarding passes. How easy is that?
- For soldiers in war zones, chip implants could make the difference between life and death. You do care about whether our soldiers live or die don’t you?
- Law enforcement agents could easily track activities of convicted felons and released prisoners. You don’t want bad guys running around doing bad stuff do you?
- Scan a large crowd to find a single person, such as a criminal.
- Track product inventory or raw materials within a warehouse within factory.
- A kidnapped child could be located much faster if they have a chip implant. You care about the safety of children, don’t you?
- Chips are being used today to manage farm animals. Farmers can track sheep, pigs and horses as they move through a gate, weigh them instantly and make sure they are eating properly. (Source: Fox News)
- Young tech savvy individuals like the idea of chip implants because it moves them one small step closer to becoming a Cyborg.
- The chips can never be rendered useless by a dead battery like smartphones because they don’t operate on their own power. Instead, they are activated when read by a scanner.
It only takes a few seconds to inject the small glass cylinder containing a tag, the size of a grain of rice, under the skin. It can be done by anyone, but proponents say it is best done by a trained person with sterilized equipment to lower the risk of infection.
These benefits are being promoted by chip makers. The following ad from IBM is an example of how big advertising budgets are being devoted to building a market for their product. The key benefit emphasized in this ad is convenience.
Other companies are running ads featuring other benefits, such as having all of our medical records accessible to doctors no matter where we go.
Whether it’s news media reports are corporate advertisements, the messages are all slanted in the same direction, only talking about the benefits, but there is a big elephant in the room that almost nobody is talking about, the downside… the eternal downside.
Author: James Bailey
James Bailey is a blogger, business owner, husband and father of two grown children. In 1982, he surrendered his life to the Lord Jesus Christ. In 2012, he founded Z3news.com to broadcast the message of salvation by reporting end time news before it happens.