Some of my dreams come as seeing dreams, others come as listening dreams. This one was a listening dream. I call it the Sweet Sabbath dream, yet it is a warning of judgment. It came to me as twelve verses, like poetry.
It came on July 2, 2015, between the Supreme Court ruling announcement on 6/26 and Independence Day on 7/4.
Land of Details, you will perish.
Land of Laws, your laws to protect will now enslave you.
You have eaten deliciously and live far from Me.
You gather in churches, institutions and associations, but not by me.
You choose to entertain days, but fail to observe the Rest I offer you daily.
The symbols of your patriotism and religiosity are as nothing, all vanity.
The idols in the land are too many to count, yet the idols in your heart will be revealed.
You are neither hot nor cold, but comfortably numb and lukewarm, so I will spew you from my mouth.
The land will still be, but that which you thought unified you now separates you.
You will inherit broken glass, thorns and thistles.
The dead shall, indeed, bury the dead, however if you love me, follow me.
1. Sweet Sabbath – The message of Sweet Sabbath tells what is missing from Church, that would be Jesus. The Sabbath Rest is the rest found only in the Lord Jesus Christ. Our Sabbath Rest is our relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. Sweet Sabbath speaks of true communion, not a day. If we claim that we walk with Him, then we should be talking with Him, and that’s the rub, many name the Name, but do not know anything more than that. This first line is about our communication or communion or communing with Christ. It also reveals that this message was from above, and that it was important to listen, so I did. When I got up I began writing and it flowed through just as you see it.
2. Land of Details, you will perish. – We have become lacking in knowledge. We have become a nation that does not know our history, our Constitution, our God, or His word. We have become ignorant.
3. Land of Laws, your laws to protect will now enslave you. – Our leaders have betrayed the people they were elected to represent. They have passed laws that will be used to put us in bondage.
4. You have eaten deliciously and live far from Me. – We have become a prideful people. We take credit for making our provision without understanding or acknowledging that God alone is the source of our blessings.
5. You gather in churches, institutions and associations, but not by me. – Our churches and other institutions have turned away from the Lord. Our pastors and leaders are now just hirelings serving money and power.
6. You choose to entertain days, but fail to observe the Rest I offer you daily. – We have put our trust in our own traditions, which are lifeless and powerless, while snubbing God who is the only true source of life and power. As a result, we do not enter into his rest.
7. The symbols of your patriotism and religiosity are as nothing, all vanity. – All of our flag waving and anthem singing is in vain because we have betrayed what they represent.
8. The idols in the land are too many to count, yet the idols in your heart will be revealed. – We have turned to idolatry to fill the void in our life that has come from not knowing God or entering into his rest.
9. You are neither hot nor cold, but comfortably numb and lukewarm, so I will spew you from my mouth. – We have rebelled against God and fallen away from him.
10. The land will still be, but that which you thought unified you now separates you. – We claim to be one nation, indivisible, under God, but we have become divided into many fragments because we are no longer under God.
11. You will inherit broken glass, thorns and thistles. – We are now under a curse. The blessings of God that were once on us have been removed and replaced with the curses of God. Very soon we will see the fruit of these curses manifesting.
12. The dead shall, indeed, bury the dead, however if you love me, follow me. Still, even after all we have done, the Lord appeals to us to choose life so that it may be well with us. God is making a destiny statement here, too. That would be, return to Me. How are we reconciled to the Father? Through Jesus Christ the Son. How do we know? Through the Word, and the in working and out working of the Holy Spirit in our lives.
Look at the bookends of this message! I just saw it as I numbered the sentences and there happens to be 12! The bookends are verses 1 and 12, Sweet Sabbath and Choose Life! The bookends speak of Jesus our Rest, and ends with Follow Me, revealing Jesus as the author and finisher of our faith.
Verses 2 through 11 are the results of falling away. Do you see it? It’s an outline showing the progression of our decline and apostasy. This incredible symmetry, adds more depth to the message. It’ll preach, as they used to say. Praise the Lord.
I am totally amazed at what I am getting through doing this outline. Verses 2-6 are the failings of the Church to preach and teach the truth, to the equipping the saints. Many fall away right there, but look at verses 7-11. That is what I believe has happened, is happening, and will continue to happen, with societies falling, until the Second Coming.
I guess because it came through me that I am very aware of how it speaks to me, and that it isn’t mine. I can see, right at this moment, that each of the statements of the outline is an entire message starting with Christ, and finishing with Christ. So, this dream came with the interpretation in it. Thank you, Lord.
I also saw pictures in this dream, but it was not a vivid panorama, more like simple symbols that said a lot…a cup, a shackle, a bell on hard dry ground, broken glass. The words I was hearing floated above in a much deeper understanding than even the words themselves could contain. That is how it was.
I understand the poignancy and timeliness and timelessness of the message as the dream came between the Supreme Court announcement on 6/26 and Independence Day on 7/4. Look at those two concepts next to each other!!! Our government has thrown off the yoke of true liberty and freedom and the yoke of God, to bring to bear great travesty that will be borne out of this decision. Can you see where this will go? It’s coming soon. I believe we are well down the road toward seeing the fulfillment of this prophecy.
I am setting out to put scriptures to each theme, as I did understand scriptural references while I was dreaming, then writing it out, but I want to verify and clarify them, even if for my own edification. I am not a teacher, nor do I claim a title, but I am pressing forward…
Author: Karen Sue
Karen Sue started out to become a master teacher in the Child Development field until one day a phone call came that changed all of that. It was a call for help that led her into advocacy for children and victims of violent crime. She believes that is where her education really started. It was during that time she cried out to Jesus Christ and was saved.
Later she worked in skilled nursing with a focus on gerontology. She then moved into dementia care and found her niche with opportunities to counsel and teach in the area of therapeutic activities and activities of daily living. Advocacy in both arenas led her to a closer relationship with the Lord.
She now devotes her time to intercessory prayer and Bible study, often led by dreams that both quicken her and direct her prayer life. Karen has opted not to share her last name.