“A scoffing spirit is spreading like cancer in My body concerning the return of My Son Jesus.”

The body of Christ has cancer. What a shocking and horrible claim to make regarding the body of our Lord, but this is the exact phrase I continue to hear as I stand in the council of the Lord. As we know, when someone is diagnosed with cancer, it typically is located in a specific area of the body. I believe I have heard from God that the body of Christ indeed has cancer, but I do not believe God means that ALL parts of the body have cancer.

As I have wept before Him at His diagnosis of parts of the body of Christ, I have cried out and begged Him to tell me how bad the cancer is. In what stage is the cancer? Is it curable? What exactly is the “cancer”?

God continues to quicken my spirit to 2 Timothy 2:15-19 as Paul says to Timothy,

15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth.
16 But avoid worldly and empty chatter, for it will lead to further ungodliness,
17 and their talk will spread like gangrene. Among them are Hymenaeus and Philetus,
18 men who have gone astray from the truth saying that the resurrection has already taken place, and they upset the faith of some.
19 Nevertheless, the firm foundation of God stands, having this seal, “The Lord knows those who are His,” and, “Everyone who names the name of the Lord is to abstain from wickedness.”

The specific cancer God has revealed to me that parts of the body of Christ have is what the Scripture calls a “scoffing spirit.” 2 Peter 3:3-4 says, “Know this first of all, that in the last days scoffers will come with their scoffing, following after their own lusts saying, “Where is the promise of His coming?”

God said to me,

“Beware of a scoffing spirit that is spreading like cancer in My body concerning the return of my Son Jesus. There will be false teachers, prophets, and apostles that will rise in the earth that will scoff at these last days and claim that My Son has already returned and will not come again. They will not teach on the reality of hell, the fear of My name, nor the urgency of the hour that you live in. They are killing the zeal and passion that I’m desiring to arouse in my Bride prior to the sending of My Bridegroom Son. You must look for those who accurately handle My word of truth.

In order to eradicate the cancer from the body, I am raising up apostolic and prophetic messengers that will cry aloud and spare not. They will challenge and confront these false apostles, prophets, and teachers like never before. As the Scriptures say, the faith of many will be upset over this growing cancer in My body.

The cancer is not only limited to the teaching that My Son has already or will not return, but also the scoffing spirit will reject the call for urgency and holiness in the body. You are about to witness the highlighting, focus, and emphasis of the return of My Son in the earth like never before. I’m going to mark and grip messengers with My holy fire that will leave them blessed with groaning and travail. You will see two contending movements that will rise in the body in the days ahead, says God. One movement will seek to pacify and put the body to sleep as the cancer spreads and another opposing movement will cry out for the return of My Son Jesus and warn the body of their need to be sober and alert in these days that you live in,” says the Lord.

I want to sound the alarm in the body of Christ and warn you to watch out for false apostles, teachers, and prophets who are claiming and will claim that there is no second coming of Jesus Christ. A scoffing spirit concerning these last days that we live in is the cancer that will attempt to spread throughout the body of Christ in the days ahead. Look for a contending movement and burst of wildfire to break out in other parts of the body concerning the return of Jesus Christ and the reality of hell and what awaits those who are not ready. A hunger for the harvest fueled by the second coming of Jesus is being released in the earth. The fear of the Lord and waves of holiness and preparation for the Bridegroom will mark many messengers and church communities in 2018 and beyond. The oil of lovesickness if coming!

Absaloms on the Loose
The Lord began to talk to me about the spirit of Absalom that is upon some in the body of Christ who are attempting to expand their ministries through self-promotion and attaching themselves to the church leaders and the generals of this generation. (2 Samuel 15)

I felt an extreme urgency from God that He is desiring to warn the generals of multiple large movements in the body of Christ to be on guard against Absalom’s in your midst who through self-promotion and flattery will attempt to steal the hearts of the people God has called you to minister to. These Absaloms on the loose will refuse to be tested, consecrated, and processed. They will sow confusion, discord, and strife in networks, churches, and gatherings. Having the appearance of being the real deal in their speech and outward actions, inwardly they are full of pride and selfish ambition. God specifically showed me a “wannabee” spirit that rests upon the Absaloms that are on the loose. They want the platform and recognition, but are unwilling to pay the price and wait their turn for promotion. They force doors of ministry open and constantly use the platform and relationships they have with others as a point of leverage in conversations and gatherings.

We must pray that the Absaloms on the loose will be exposed in the body of Christ in 2018. Many generals that lead movements and church leaders are in danger of being deceived and misled by Absaloms. Many saints are in danger of being deceived by the Absaloms on the loose into believing they are tried and tested leaders when they are not. Beware!

Jeremiah Johnson

Author: Jeremiah Johnson

Jeremiah Johnson has a very dynamic and unusual ministry because he not only travels nationally and internationally as a prophetic minister, but also planted and is on the eldership team at Heart of the Father Ministry in Lakeland, FL full time. This is a thriving community of believers committed to revival, awakening, and character transformation on a daily basis.

Jeremiah’s role as a leader and a strong prophetic voice gives him the express capability of ministering to the people of God in a way that is very pastoral and encouraging. Jeremiah has a heart and passion to see believers young and old walk in their destiny and calling!

Jeremiah has been called to be a herald of Christ’s return and to declare His excellencies in the earth and to make who He is known. He is the founder of Behold the Man Ministries, which is a 501 (C) 3 Non Profit Organization.

© 2018, Z3 News. The first 200 words of Z3 News articles may be shared online in exchange for a clickable link to our site. Please include the author name and do not make any changes to text or titles. No image files from our site may be shared because we don’t own them. For permission to use our content in other formats, please contact us.

Just Joan
Just Joan
January 22, 2018 7:33 PM

Not sure how/if this fits with this message, but I personally have experienced so much scoffing on the part of people discounting other Christians as being in serious error, it’s very disturbing and discouraging. It’s not so much the fault-finding as it is the harsh and snarky attitude. If you’re mature enough to discern error, shouldn’t you also have a sweet spirit that shows you’ve spent time with God? (At least that’s what I’d expect.) “Accusing others of error” isn’t one of the fruits of the spirit. Maybe that all fits in with the Absalom spirit, because he stole the people’s hearts from his father by highlighting David’s faults.

Thanks for sharing this word.

Brother Steven
January 23, 2018 2:10 AM

Well said Joan……..that was accurate and to the point

Sujit Thomas
January 24, 2018 11:48 AM

This is why it is so important to learn to hear God’s voice for oneself. I mean if God did speak to me personally and tell me about the days I am living in and ask me to make a course correction, I don’t think I could work up the nerve to scoff at him and walk away. The fact that the scriptures say that some will do this is what is so hard for me to wrap my head around.

I mean, How does one even do that? Where does that kind of foolhardiness come from?

Perhaps in OT times one actually needed a prophet or man of God to speak up for a person to know what God was saying. And even when someone did speak up, people rebelled.

But now…now that the veil has been torn and when everyone can have a child/father relationship through Christ with our Father in heaven, is there really an excuse not to hear from him?

Either these who scoff haven’t heard from God or they believe God does not speak to us or that they cannot hear from him. Perhaps there is hope for these. But if one has heard from him and is still opting to scoff or refusing to believe, is there any hope left for one such as this?

One has even told me that “God’s” voice is something I’ve made up in my head. Is this ignorance or arrogance? I honestly don’t know. But if indeed that accusation were true, then could there possibly be a greater wretched state for me to be in?

Brother Steven
January 23, 2018 2:08 AM

This whole read sounded like a 1st Sargent’s military briefing, A divine progress report, a heavenly memo…..It seems we’re in the fight of our lives in these last days and don’t even know the bell has rung. Each person needs to make their calling and election sure, then go out and do those things that the Lord has assigned each person to……and Dear God…let us all be found faithful!!

Nora
Nora
January 22, 2018 6:04 PM

Thank you for this! I have been saying this for over a year, noticing how scoffing has increased. I don’t have a venue to share, other than word of mouth to family and friends. So, this was confirming.

Cornelius Kuipers
Cornelius Kuipers
January 23, 2018 11:49 AM

I refuse to even talk with Preterists.

Nora
Nora
January 24, 2018 12:12 AM

So interesting that you mention them. Most haven’t even heard the term, and many pastors
that I’ve spoken to, have no idea of preterists’ beliefs. One of my family members has joined with that thinking (preterism, and since then has become a huge scoffer), and a scoffing spirit has spread through the family; not following preterism, just scoffing = “end times, right” (with rolling their eyes) and snorting about “chem trails” and “deep state” with “everything’s a conspiracy” laughing at “one world government” and “one world religion”. Most are familiar with Revelation, but they expect it to be so obvious, that they can just turn away from it, they won’t be fooled (that’s their viewpoint). Many of the scoffers are young people= they liked Bernie Sanders, and listened to Jon Stewart. Understandably, I have been fasting and praying for them, and whomever said it previously is right, it is an intense battle.

Cornelius
Cornelius
January 24, 2018 6:37 AM

Yes. I spoke to a 25-30 yr old American and when I told him 9/11 was an inside job, he thought I was a Martian. Apparently that was unheard of to his generation. I was very shocked, as I expected younger people to be more critical and sceptical than older people. Tommy Sandgren the Christian tennis player recently got vilified for having an enquiring sceptical mind……

Laura McDowell
Laura McDowell
January 24, 2018 6:10 PM
Yes my daughter had a radio Psychic send her a friend request on social media. A pastor told me to tell my daughter to reject the friend request. She followed his instruction to her. This Psychic was connected to over 625 radio programmers. My daughter asked her radio friends why they interview Psychics on the radio when the Bible says not to go to Psychics. Some of the radio guys were very nice. They explained that Psychics (false prophets) pull huge ratings. She shared what the Bible says with them. Since she’s only 17 and learning a few nice people who are Christians helped her with this as well. Many Christians are silent. One man who’s a Christian and a Psychologist had wonderful wisdom to sharie. He knew God’s word. I was so thankful that he helped her. A few guys said they do not believe at all. A few mocked at the comment. Made comments like I’m surprised the station did not catch on fire when a pristitute spoke last week. One guy said it see we have 160 common radio friends. It seems a bit counter productive that you are telling radio how to program. He was furious that she asked this question and for sharing God’s word on fb as well. She also confronted a man who took God name in vain and did this on one of the biggest spotify promoters page. The huge Spotify promoter was from India. He told her that if she did not like people taking Gods name in vain she could get off the page. One guy took Gods name over and over. My daughter blocked these men even though they are industry Giants. She chose to stand up for Gods word and to share what the Bible says and asked… Read more »
Michael
Michael
January 22, 2018 9:10 PM

I had a dream about three weeks ago. In the dream I was holding onto a door. It was a pretty nice door. The door was covered with thousands of dead bug carcasses. Because of an irresistible inward urge I began to knock the bug carcasses off of the door. At the end I was stretching my foot to knock the bugs from the farthest part of the door.I believe that the door represents Yeshua. Could this have anything to do with a great falling away?