Podcast: “Many will come in My name and will mislead many.”

When His disciples asked Him what will be the sign of His second coming at the end of the age, the Lord Jesus answered, “See to it that no one misleads you, for many will come in My name saying, ‘I am the Christ, and will mislead many.'” (Matthew 24:3-5)

Of all the things He could have said, the rise of false prophets was His number one concern, His number one warning, and He was specifically speaking about our generation, those living when He returns. This week, three Mormon missionaries came to my house. I wasn’t planning to share what happened until yesterday when I was having my prayer time and God put it on my heart to share it here. At first, I did not understand why, but as I started preparing this message, it became clear to me this goes way beyond Mormons. It includes all sorts of deceivers who are coming to our generation. I believe God is concerned about us and warning it is time to prepare for the great deception coming.

Many of these false prophets are well organized and well trained. They are ready for us, but are we ready for them? The Lord Jesus warned many in our generation will be led astray, so we would be wise to heed His warnings by preparing ourselves, but how do we do that? That’s the topic covered in this 52-minute audio message shown below.

Phanuel
Phanuel
May 6, 2017 5:02 pm

Pedophiles will soon be extinct
Another 900 arrested……
Glory to Adonai

Kathy C
May 9, 2017 8:32 am

Extinction could not happen soon enough !
This is a cry of my heart , put there by the Father , to end abortion and
expose and stop this carnage !!!
Thank you Phanuel for this link —this spurs me on and gives me encouragement that prayers are being answered !
Lets build more prisons for these swamp creatures and then flood the
prisons with the word of God —–their only hope is Jesus !

C.S. Christensen
C.S. Christensen
May 8, 2017 11:54 pm
I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I was a missionary in Washington D.C. about 25 years ago. I knocked on people’s doors, I invited people to come to Christ. First and foremost I am a Christian. I love Z3 News. The Elijah List, John Paul Jackson, Perry Stone, Rabbi Jonathan Cahn, and many others. I also love and value the Bible. I also love Joseph Smith and The Book of Mormon as they strengthen my faith and provide a second witness to Jesus Christ. I love seeking more truth, more knowledge,and seeking out the mysteries of the Kingdom. These sweet young men are 18-19 years old. They don’t have all the answers yet. I know my knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ when I was a missionary was not as great as it is now. In fact, I’m constantly adding to my faith there is so much more to learn. I have a son who will be a missionary in a few years. I hope he is welcomed in any of your homes. I hope you will listen to his message and treat him kindly. He’s my baby. I love the parable of the new wine in old wine skins. We all should be adding new wine, but we need new wine skins in order to accept new truths. Our old wine skins won’t hold new wine. I have added so much new wine to my new wine skins just from the posts I find here. Maybe I can add new wine to your new wine skins. If you have questions maybe I can do my best answer your questions. We will rise as a remnant – all of us Christians regardless of our denomination will need to become one. I’m looking… Read more »
B. Hansen
B. Hansen
May 9, 2017 10:50 pm
CS, I will not judge you because I know the LDS church does have some people that know the true Living God, but the doctrine of the church is definitely not biblical and not of God. It really isn’t too hard to see the truth when you approach it with the Bible as the true plumbline. As the Bible says, test all things. Sadly many, many people will use the lust of the eyes to determine truth and satan knows that. Upon first examination the Mormon church looks as if it has everything a person could ever want or need, wholesome family values, morals, a pathway to righteousness, and on and on. However, the Bible warns us about the lust of the eyes and the pride of life. We will all one day have to give an account to God and we each have a responsibility to know what we are believing is truth. The Holy Spirit sent me on a journey 7 years ago to compare the teachings of the LDS church with the Bible. It was extremely eye opening. I will list just a few discrepancies. 1-Satan tells the same lie to Eve in the garden, that Joseph Smith told to his followers…that you can one day be a God. Joseph Smith states “As man is God once was and as God is man may become.” 2-God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Ghost are not three separate persons. If they were there would be 3 God’s, but the Bible makes it very clear there is but ONE God. 3-God never changes, He is the same yesterday, today and forever. Therefore, the doctrinal changes made by the church are made by man, i.e. renouncing the principal of polygamy (so Utah could gain statehood), blacks being given… Read more »
Jesse Slater
Jesse Slater
May 13, 2017 6:17 pm
1 – Satan lied by saying that they would not surely die. Of course they would die – but he told the truth when he said they would be as the gods (knowing the difference between good and evil) Satan usually tells half-truths. 2 – Of course God the Father is a separate person than Jesus Christ. He prayed to the Father, he went to the Father, he did nothing save what he saw His Father do. They are one God – but 3 distinct persons. It’s something we don’t comprehend with our mortal minds but the doctrine of oneness is very exciting! I’m really happy to eventually become one with Jesus Christ and my Heavenly Father, but I will still be a distinct person. 3 – God never changes. Humans make mistakes. That about sums it up. 4 – If you know anything about the Masons, you’ll know they receive esoteric knowledge from the son of the morning (the light bearer) who has a vast knowledge of godly things that he manipulates and twists to achieve his purposes. The symbols we use are eternal, they did not come from any earthly organization. It makes a lot more sense to think that Lucifer stole those symbols from God, not the other way around. 5 – Do you not believe Christ was resurrected? Thomas touched his hands after his resurrection. We believe whole-heartedly that Christ has a perfected resurrected body of flesh and bone, and that Christ did nothing save what he saw his father do, so we know that God has a body of flesh and bone. 6 – We believe the Bible to be the word of God, as far as it is translated correctly. We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and… Read more »
B.Hansen
B.Hansen
May 14, 2017 12:26 pm

Jesse,
I have two questions for you.
1- Do you believe in the early Mormon teaching, that you can and will one day become a god? I have been told by some lately that this doctrine is no longer taught. I know the LDS church also teaches that a live prophet trumps a dead prophet, hence, the many doctrinal changes over the years. Curious what the current teaching is.
2- What will you do when the Mormon church starts doing same sex marriages in the temple? Will you be fine with that?

Jesse Slater
Jesse Slater
May 15, 2017 10:09 pm

I mean yes I do, but it’s so far away from the central doctrine of coming to Christ that most members don’t even know it’s taught. The Holy Bible refers to a counsel of the gods, with a lower-case “g” which is a big hint… I mean think about it guys, do you really think a Father would not want to give his children all that he has, and allow them to become all that he is? We have eternity to learn and grow and become perfect like Jesus Christ himself commanded us to do in the Holy Bible. You don’t think in all that time that we will eventually be able to “grow up” to become like our Father in Heaven? I don’t want to get all political with your second question, and I’m disheartened by Rose’s comment below. There’s just too much hate here. I don’t really want to respond to anything else. God bless you all, I really do love all of you for believing in Christ and trying your best to follow him:) Maybe one day soon we’ll all be able to chat after Christ returns!

B.Hansen
B.Hansen
May 16, 2017 7:14 pm

Jesse, I know you would prefer for this conversation not to go on, but the Holy Spirit is prompting me to continue, so if you would just bare with me a bit longer please. The Lord wants you to know the importance of the Armor of God, and the first aspect mentioned is girding your waist with TRUTH. If you are wrong about your thinking, you are severely undermining your defenses against the enemy. You HAVE TO KNOW, that you know TRUTH. You have to dig, and search, and pray, and cry out to God that He will show you the truth. It is just too important to go on with…”oh, it must be true because look at all of the people in my ward that believe it is true. They can’t all be wrong.”
God loves you so much and He wants you to know the truth, because the truth will set you free! I know you don’t feel free now. You are so burdened with church callings and family needs that you feel like you are drowning. Come to God with a sincere and open heart. This all matters, it is eternal life or eternal weeping and gnashing of teeth. If you don’t do it for yourself, do it for your children. God bless.

Rose
Rose
May 16, 2017 10:30 pm

Do Mormons believe in hell? This is from there own website.
Latter-day revelation speaks of hell in at least two senses. First, it is the temporary abode in the spirit world for those who were disobedient in mortality. In this sense, hell has an end. The spirits there will be taught the gospel, and sometime following their repentance they will be resurrected to a degree of glory of which they are worthy. Those who will not repent, but are nevertheless not sons of perdition, will remain in hell throughout the Millennium. After these thousand years of torment, they will be resurrected to a telestial glory (D&C 76:81–86; 88:100–101).

B. Hansen
B. Hansen
May 17, 2017 3:47 pm
Rose, Mormons may say they believe in hell, but the real problem with discussing any doctrine with a Mormon is their terms do not have the same meaning as they would to a bible believing Christian. Hell to a Mormon is not everlasting. You can work your way out. To understand their thinking, keep in mind the term ‘eternal progression’. You can always keep working and making yourself better and higher, hence the thinking that Jesus was a ultra progressed man and that Mormon men will also one day be gods with their own planets to rule over. The Mormon heaven is made up of 3 sections, or ‘degrees of glory’. Celestial, Terrestrial, and Telestial. Celestial is the highest, and at one point it was taught you MUST live the ‘principal of polygamy’ to reach this highest degree of glory. Not many Mormons want to talk about this fact, but it is a very true part of the history. (Joseph Smith had approx 34-40 wives. If the root is bad, the branch or the fruit is bad too.) I know Mormons try to explain it away as human error, but the true error is following a human. This is Joseph Smith’s religion, not God’s. One of the most harmful teachings is that once you die you can still keep working your way to a higher degree of glory, so if you don’t live a holy and righteous life here on earth you can have a do-over or another chance in heaven to get to a higher degree of glory. This is a very dangerous teaching straight from the pit of hell. Satan would love for everyone to think they get a second chance after death to do it right. As far a grace/salvation is concerned, their ‘plan of salvation’ is,… Read more »
Rose
Rose
May 14, 2017 10:16 am

Sounds like Mormon doctrine. He forgot to add to it the doctrines of Satan and Jesus being brothers, another gospel l the Book of Mormon, becoming angels first and than gods, the Bible as far as it is translated correctly by Joseph Smith. Pro created spirits coming down from another planet. It such a perverted religion.

William
William
May 9, 2017 7:00 am

Hi C.S.,

Can you come to a test like this: speak to Jesus and ask Him to choose a church for you. Ask Jesus to send two or three strangers to come to you and face to face to tell you clearly that Jesus want you to go to that church. When these two or three strangers pointing to you to the same church, you need to deem that this is the church Jesus chooses for you. It is a matter of whether you and your son will enter into the heaven or not when the time come. So be very careful. Devil is very cunning. I am sure that Holy Spirit do not operate in any Mormon church .

jerry rigg
May 9, 2017 12:51 am

One thing that stands out to me here sir, is ….why do we need a second witness to Jesus Christ of Nazareth? A second witness as in Joseph Smith (possibly a convicted felon if Im not mistaken) and The book of Mormon (a book with little if any proven historical authentication)? What doesnt quite jive with me is how the Mormons can talk lovingly about Jesus, being born again, etc. and in truth and fact be talking about different concepts and definitions which to me seems deceptive and in the end leads to confusion to true born again (Sola Scriptura) blble believing Christians. I believe in Christian unity but not at the expense of suspect doctrine. My prayers go out to you.

Jamie
Jamie
May 9, 2017 12:21 am

Dear C.S., I am glad that you are seeking the Lord. He loves you! There are so many things in the Mormon church that are simply not true. I wish I could explain it all here, but, ask the Lord to show you, to make sure whether you are following the truth or not. He will be faithful to answer. He says you will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Keep seeking Him. He is faithful. Also, I’m sure your boys are really sweet. It’s not about our worthiness but HIS worthiness. In me dwells no good thing, but in Him I have His goodness and righteousness.

C.S. Christensen
C.S. Christensen
May 9, 2017 12:49 am

My hope is that it is not about pointing out differences. We are the body of Christ and we have many things to accomplish. Let’s s work together and strenghten one another. I seek the Lord every day. I know Him and He has blessed me with more than I deserve. I love something that John Paul Jackson taught. He would say you are in the place you were meant to be. God has placed you where your are for a reason for such a time as this. The country, the state, the city, the family, the religion. I come to this place to be uplifted not to be torn down. I seek truth and whether that comes from Mormons, Evangelicals, Pentecostals, Jewish Rabbi’s, etc. – Truth is truth.

Julie
May 6, 2017 2:57 pm

No matter what our beliefs are, we are people, and not even 2 people in a marriage can agree on everything. How can we expect to share religious views if we don’t engage a high toleration for people’s perspectives. Criticizing other’s beliefs as ‘wrong’ is similar to going to someone’s house and saying it is ‘wrong’ because yours is different. We all have different childhoods, unique perspectives, and lets enjoy each other for who we are. There is so much to love lets put away right and wrong. Love trumps all of that. It was the highly religious and argumentative believers that were on Jesus’ hypocrite list. What we belief is not so important as how we choose to feel toward people. Are we going to feel God’s love for others, or are we going to sit and criticize others for what they may hold dear in their lives? I grew up Mormon, and while I see it for what it is now, the people in my church are doing their best. They don’t go on missions because they are indoctrinated by fear. They really believe in what they do and are just trying to share that with others.

Marilee Alm
Marilee Alm
May 6, 2017 10:34 am

HI, I got my first real agnostic sermon this past week. I live in a very church-ed area and many are happy to talk to me. This very nice man told me very plainly that I was a product of my environment and that I really should not believe in God at all. Needless to say we put him on our prayer list for that day.

What is so amazing is he sounded way more sure of what he believed and was not going to hear another word out of me about God. I usually ask God to send people like him dreams so he can be shaken up to realize that God is real and he need to put his faith only in him.

John Barry
John Barry
May 6, 2017 12:07 pm

Agnostics are funny Marilee , they are always so sure , they have to be because of their world view . Their fear that they could be wrong causes them to be unwilling to hear any evidence about something they consider only for the weak minded and a crutch / weakness .

Kathleen Nelson
May 6, 2017 11:15 pm

Marilee
Sometimes there is a deep crooked root that needs careful prayer to maneuver that root out.
Could be hurt
Bitterness
Etc.
Ive seen this before
But with God all things are possible.
Love

John Barry
John Barry
May 6, 2017 11:38 pm

Kathleen ( beautiful name ) I have found it is not the hurts but when it turns to bitterness which is also unforgiveness that is so tough to root out . Needs much prayer and fasting to break through . Blessings

Kathleen Nelson
May 7, 2017 11:39 am

Thankyou John
And yes it is some tough roots
with Jesus help
It can be done

Marilee Alm
Marilee Alm
May 7, 2017 6:25 am
Still pondering all of this today. I am listening to hymns today and the thought came to me that in church where the music is all picked for us, the Body of Christ is denied free expression as we worship: What then, brothers? When you come together, each one has a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. Let all things be done for building up. 1 Cor. 14:26 The Spirit is quenched and Satan is controlling the people. Wonderful moving hymn: 1 God is working his purpose out, as year succeeds to year, God is working his purpose out, and the time is drawing near; nearer and nearer draws the time, the time that shall surely be, when the earth shall be filled with the glory of God as the waters cover the sea. 2 From utmost east to utmost west, wherever feet have trod, by the mouth of many messengers goes forth the voice of God, ‘Give ear to me, ye continents, ye isles, give ear to me, that the earth may be filled with the glory of God as the waters cover the sea.’ 3 What can we do to work God’s work, to prosper and increase the love of God in all mankind, the reign of the Prince of peace? What can we do to hasten the time, the time that shall surely be, when the earth shall be filled with the glory of God as the waters cover the sea? 4 March we forth in the strength of God, with the banner of Christ unfurled, that the light of the glorious gospel of truth may shine throughout the world; fight we the fight with sorrow and sin, to set their captives free, that the earth may be filled with the glory of… Read more »
Lydia Hodge
May 6, 2017 11:03 am

Love this. The only way to drive back the darkness is to confront it with the standard of the truth. I believe this is going to be one of the greatest ministries of the remnant in exposing the work of the enemy.

Ed H
Ed H
May 6, 2017 10:31 am

James,
What an awesome testimony. God is awesome and works in wonderful ways. He sent you help for your project and you had the opportunity to witness. Fantastic. I could use some mormons at my house as well.LOL

Seriously though, I would avoid the cults coming to my door. I would not even answer the door. Some christian soldier I was.

One day 2 Jehovahs witness came to my door and I heard in my spirit, “They are here today at your house for a reason, talk to them”.
Well I did not know too much of what they believe, but I know what I believe. The word of God. I prayed before I opened the door and God gave me scriptures and answers and questions that they either had not seen or heard.

We talked for about an hour , I asked them to come back the following week but they never did.

Francy Carl
Francy
July 23, 2017 2:14 pm

I have a testimony about this. A few months ago, I was visited by Jehovah’s Witnesses and needless to say they were trying to convince me that Jesus is not God’s Son but a prophet. They were also astonished when I spoke to them about the Holy Spirit. Well, afterwards I felt such grief because we went back and forth about their beliefs and mine. At the end, I felt so inadequate because I could not help them see the Truth and because I got into a big discussion that I felt did not profit anything.
So I asked the Lord about what to do when I get a next visit from them again and to my surprise the Holy Spirit took me immediately to this:

2 John 7-11 New King James Version (NKJV)

Beware of Antichrist Deceivers

7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. 8 Look to yourselves, that we[a] do not lose those things we worked for, but that we[b] may receive a full reward.

9 Whoever transgresses[c] and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him; 11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.

So please ask the Holy Spirit about what to do before even opening the door of your home. For the devil only comes to kill, to steal and to destroy.

Matt NZ
July 23, 2017 3:13 pm

Hi Francy, I had them come and I got them to admit that Jesus is The Word of God… show them John 1:1 Next, they kept steering me to “Their” bible (It is a JW version [ edited to support their claims])… I went and got my NKJV.

Tracie Goodwin
May 7, 2017 12:13 am

What a Great ” Right Now” word James. Thank you for hearing the Lord and sharing with the Bride. We MUST be able to discern that’s why we must be reading and studying our own Bible and seeking God for ourselves.
I watched this today and I feel this would be a great place to share it. https://youtu.be/ZCZRnlgO-58
God Bless Brother

PK Hodges
May 6, 2017 12:40 pm

Hi James, Those prophets that are misleading many? They are not just coming. They are already here. Thick as thieves, they are

Robin Benoit
May 6, 2017 10:48 am

Amazingly anointed testimony! Thank you for sharing. That was the fastest 50min podcast i have listened to! Time flew by!