History Appears to Be Repeating As Trump Makes References to Lincoln

During yesterday’s inauguration ceremonies, President Trump made specific references to President Abraham Lincoln. In many ways, history appears to be repeating itself as America faces similar challenges today as we faced then.

The night before the inauguration, Trump made a speech from the Lincoln Memorial. Afterwards, the U.S. Marines Choir sang The Battle Hymn of the Republic, which was written in 1861, at the start of the Civil War. How wonderful it was to hear a song played which honors God, and even more wonderful to know Trump chose it. The 7-minute video clip is shown below. After the song, Trump and his family walked up to Lincoln’s statue and showed their respect.

As Trump took the oath of office, he put his hand on the Lincoln Bible. Then he gave his inaugural speech, which sounded like Lincoln’s Gettysburg address in some of his key points because both stressed power belongs to the people, not to government. Trump said it this way:

“Today’s ceremony, however, has very special meaning because today, we are not merely transferring power from one administration to another or from one party to another, but we are transferring power from Washington, D.C. and giving it back to you, the people.

January 20 2017 will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again.

What truly matters is not which party controls our government, but whether our government is controlled by the people.”

Lincoln said it this way:

“that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom—and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.”

Lincoln was known as a man of faith, calling on God for help and guidance. Trump does not share that reputation, but appears to be moving in that direction as he has surrounded himself with many devoted Christians in his Cabinet and advisory teams, including Franklin Graham, Paula White, and Rodney Howard-Browne.

Not since the days of Abraham Lincoln has America been as divided as we are today. Lincoln saw the nation endure great suffering, but ultimately succeeded in uniting us again. The cost was extremely high as 620,000 were killed and another 476,000 injured (Source: Civilwar.org). Far more Americans were killed in the Civil War than any other war in our history. Ultimately, even Lincoln was a casualty of the war, assassinated just three weeks before the war ended (Source: Wikipedia).

Trump has promised to make America great again. In my opinion, that might be possible, but not the way most people are expecting. Like the days of Abraham Lincoln, uniting our nation will take more than eloquent speeches. It will likely require a high price to be paid. In that context, the Battle Hymn of the Republic takes on a whole new meaning.

A. Ayer
A. Ayer
January 21, 2017 7:25 PM
I wanted to share that I was able to attend the inauguration yesterday. I am at once very encouraged and very discouraged by what we saw there. There were many apparent Christians there in the crowd–saying “Amen!” at the end of the prayers and things like that, but many very angry people as well. The kind of people who would yell, “Get a job!” at the protesters just standing there holding signs. One thing I’d like to say is that I feel the media is blowing the protester presence WAY out of proportion. We walked all over DC during the day–and I mean all over!–and not once did we feel unsafe in any way. We saw only a smattering of protesters here and there; just three or four in a group. There was one group of maybe 30 people on the steps of a government building with signs in front of a camera, getting their “protest” set up for a good camera shot. That was the most organized group we saw. We left late afternoon, before dark, so I cannot speak to anything later than that, but we saw no sign of George Soro’s “1200 buses of protesters” or really any organized anything. We rode the metro in from across the river, and the metro was fine too. One thing that I have not seen mentioned is that when each of the politicians were announced, the crowd would clap, or fairly mild round of “Booo!” But when the Obamas were announced, the crowd was totally quiet. Too well-mannered a crowd, I think, to actually boo the president and his wife, but absolutely no clapping, either. The Obamas flew away in the helicopter before the inauguration was even over. I think that raised some eyebrows. But mostly I wanted to say… Read more »
Sandi
Sandi
January 22, 2017 1:12 AM

Thank you for sharing this positive feedback. My husband and I are South Africans and because of the limited news stations we have, were forced to watch the inauguration from biased tv stations, (CNN and BBC). At times their divisive anti-Trump comments were so bad that we had to cut the sound.
The inauguration itself was beautiful though, and very encouraging to hear public prayers in the name of Jesus Christ. We celebrate Trump’s presidency with you and will continue to pray for unity in your nation. Much division had been sown in your country (as is in much of the world) and we understand that unity will not come overnight, but God is far more powerful than the enemy of our souls! Let’s continue to pray for His will to be done, and His Kingdom to come here on earth as it is in heaven.

Mikey H
Mikey H
January 22, 2017 2:58 AM

Amen Sandi !

Carson
Carson
January 25, 2017 12:57 AM

You could have live streamed it from rt.com
I find that RT tends to be fairly good at delivering more neutral news. However, they all have some inherent bias.

Sandi
Sandi
January 25, 2017 2:49 AM

I agree, we also find RT more neutral. But they do seem a bit biased against Isreal.

Lydia Hodge
January 23, 2017 12:07 AM

A. Ayer,
I was there as also. I agree with your assessment. We walked all over D.C. as well. There were lots of police and national guard throughout with some roads blocked off due to protestors. But I didn’t see anything major nor did I feel unsafe. I was cautious though. It was an amazing experience.

January 23, 2017 9:47 AM

Here’s some sad footage. Some is from the day of the Inauguration, and some is the day after. I heard that 100 protesters are in jail for what they did on the day of the Inauguration. Particularly sad are the huge “women’s” marches the day, although they weren’t violent.

January 23, 2017 10:24 AM

I received this Scripture and original prayer from a friend today:

“Justice is a lost cause. Evil is epidemic. Decent people throw up their hands. Protest and rebuke are useless, a waste of breath. Seek good and not evil— and live! You talk about God, the God-of-the-Angel-Armies, being your best friend. Well, live like it, and maybe it will happen” (Amos 5:13-14 – The Message translation).

Lord Jesus, verse 13 sounds like America today! There’s no justice, evil is rampant, everywhere, and decent people are giving up on trying to protest injustice and stand for what’s right. However, amidst all this, You want us to consistently seek good and not evil – that we may live. This doesn’t mean just literal survival – You are also talking about us prospering and being blessed while on the earth. May we gravitate towards and pursue all things good and godly! And may we also RUN from all things evil and unpleasing to You. Some of us may feel distant from You, or not as close as we once were. If so, we need to evaluate our hearts and our lives. Are there things we need to repent of? Are there things, choices or people we need to remove ourselves from? As we seek to please You and make godly adjustments and decisions – we WILL feel closer to You. Like Your word says: Draw near to God and He will draw near to You. Thank You for Your instruction! Amen.

January 23, 2017 10:35 AM
John
John
January 21, 2017 1:11 PM

Glad to see someone notice as I did the venue and that specific song. Listening to the words of that song made me very emotional as I thought the selection of that song had prophetic significance. In my opinion the song was prophetic then as it is now. I cannot listen to that song without getting chills and wondering the price that will be paid to unite this divided nation once again. God’s justice suffers long but it does not sleep forever!

Jeanne Jorash
January 22, 2017 3:18 PM

I thought the same thing. I have always loved that song, but hearing now and in the context we find ourselves in, it was extremely poignant.

Michael Fisch
January 22, 2017 5:56 PM
James, the Battle Hymn of the Republic is a foreboding element to highlight. If I could back up a little, I see two strongly held beliefs in the Christian community, each backed with prophetic dreams, visions and words: 1) Trump is God’s chosen man to restore traditional America and give it a reprieve. 2) Trump is not what he says he is and is part of God’s judgment on America. They can’t both be true. God is not the author of confusion and is not going to send two mixed, contradictory messages. One or the other is a deception. Full disclosure: I am in the second camp. When the prophecy from Mark Taylor came out earlier last year about Trump being God’s chosen man to restore America, I had recently read Jeremiah 28 about the false prophet Hananiah. He claimed God would throw off the yoke of Babylon and make Judah great again, even though God had declared judgment against the nation. The Lord impressed on my heart that I was witnessing the same kind of false prophecy today. America is under judgment for its wickedness, and God is not going to give the nation a reprieve unless it REPENTS, which I see no evidence for. On the contrary, the calamities of judgment will be the means He uses to move some hearts to repentance. Judgment is a mercy, lest even more souls fall into hell. A couple weeks ago I was up late praying and seeking insight about the times we are in and also about Obama and Trump and their roles in it. The next morning my 9-year-old daughter came in my office and showed me Judges 9, specifically Jotham’s parable of the trees, because she felt like God wanted to show her something there. I think the… Read more »
Andrew
Andrew
January 22, 2017 9:02 PM

Hey Mike,
I got the same message as you did about Hannah in Jeremiah 28 and also the priest Pashhur in Jeremiah 20. Both of them were in trouble with God for spreading LIES. The prophets of Jeremiah’s days were speaking a False Vision, false dreams, the deceit of their heart, lies, worthless things, divination. Jeremiah 14:13 thru 16. These false prophets mislead the people saying” you will have peace and there will be no war”. When in fact, the country was on the very brink of DISASTER and CALAMITY.

I understand that Trump wants America to be great again and to restore jobs and opportunity. But God’s vision is different for America than Trump. The American public and most of the church are believing lies, a very false vision of what our future actually will be.

For everybody who has ears to hear. There are 2 visions here. Trumps version of the future of America and God’s ultimate plans for America (weakness, chaos, famine, pestilence and war). Which vision are you going to believe?

This spiritual understanding about Trump only comes through spending time in the presence of the Lord. This truth can only truly be revealed through the spirit of God. Trump is being used by God in the exact opposite way than most people think. Donald Trump is not a prophet, but he speaks the wishes and dreams of all Americans and has the “national mind” of most people which is prosperity and peace.

I challenge everybody to ask God if Donald Trump’s vision for America in his inaugural speech “will come to pass.”

Marie
Marie
January 23, 2017 3:24 AM

Andrew I wouldn’t say God’s plan for America famine, pestilence and war. Rather His plan is to shake people up enough to get them to repent before it is too late. So when we voted it was a matter of choosing which judgment we would get: War with Russia if Hillary won or economic catastrophe under Trump. My choice was the latter because it will be a lot easier to reach people with Christ under those circumstances than if we had war with Russia.

January 23, 2017 9:09 AM
A word through ALI WINTERS (a watchmanonthewall) MONDAY, JANUARY 23, 2017 “Ah, Lord GOD!” I said, “Look, the prophets are telling them, ‘You will not see the sword nor will you have famine, but I will give you lasting peace in this place.'” Then the LORD said to me, “The prophets are prophesying falsehood in My name I have neither sent them nor commanded them nor spoken to them; they are prophesying to you a false vision, divination, futility and the deception of their own minds. Jeremiah 14:13-14 “and so it has begun…the apostasy, the deceiving of the saints leading astray those who have closed their hearts and minds to truth. I have been rejected by those who profess to belong to Me. I have been maligned, ridiculed, ignored in their quest to become relevant in this sinful, perverted generation. Your rejection of Me as you embrace the teachings of man has brought great division – in your nation, in My church, among families, friends… Around the world lies are spoken in My Name. Claiming to hear from God many speak half truths, lies fed to the gullible bringing death to the soul. You do not recognize the doctrines of demons. A strong and steady nation was shaken to its core by the sins of its citizens who chose the broad way to their own destruction. The blame rest on you alone for you have abandoned goodness for the glitter of a fallen world. America will fall. At a time of My choosing, in the way I AM will choose. America you will fall, crumbling from within. You have rejected the one true and living God, placing the promises of man above The Word of God. You have rejected My way, time has run out and judgment is upon you.”… Read more »
Scoopie
Scoopie
January 23, 2017 5:15 PM

“Claiming to hear from God, many speak half truths “. Amen to that. Hence the confusion. Thanks for putting this word out there. Answers another word put out on another site and this word rings true.

Michael Fisch
Mike Fisch
January 23, 2017 10:45 AM

Hi Andrew, I agree with what you say about 2 visions. God bless.

Jeanne
Jeanne
January 23, 2017 11:23 AM

This is what I have believed as well.

Sheree Brandon
Sheree Brandon
January 22, 2017 4:09 AM

A timely and good word..I watched the inauguration..the whole days events …the first time in my life to watch an inaugaration and I really enjoyed it but that is because of what I see the Father doing in this hour.. and although I am certain all The Judgements of God will come to pass..what my Heavenly Father and Jesus have spoken to me since 2010 as well as to others but even more importantly what is written..knowing ALL scripture will be fulfilled..especially concerning the United States Of America as we are the House of Israel.as is yet to be discerned by many….and is revelation..of .our true identity… still I was rejoicing..in Gods goodness..as bitter sweet as the day was..I even found myself shouting “The Seed
Of Jacob Has Triumphed” Donald Trump is a courageous man very outspoken.the.liberal agenda has gone on a long while..and a sharp 180 .that would be repentance..or .to say the turning back of the ship.. is not going to sit well with alot of people the bee hive is being stirred..and
I see U.S. heading into the storm..with Trump at the helm.. With Jesus navigating the ship and in complete control.

January 22, 2017 5:07 AM

I agree. I thought his inauguration speech was very good. One thing bothered me underneath. Often during the speech, he held up his right hand with the thumb and index finger joined, seemingly to emphasize certain points.

Was that repeated gesture simply a coincidence OR was it the Illuminati hand signal of the “6” or “triple 6” (where the three remaining fingers form the “tails” of three “6’s”)?

I continue to pray for his safety, but at the same time want to be awake and alert.

Jeanne Jorash
January 22, 2017 3:25 PM

Peggy, I have made that gesture myself just as a gesture, not really thinking anything about it. I wouldn’t have thought anything about it if someone hadn’t pointed it out. I know it’s real, but I really wonder if that worry is needed. Just pray for him and his salvation.
What would really put me at rest is if he publicly acknowledged his great need for God’s wisdom and help. I’m very wary–but I did feel great emotion on hearing the “Battle Hymn of the Republic.” I agree John (above)–very prophetic. Blessings, Peggy!

January 22, 2017 3:56 PM

Jeanne and Everyone,
If you haven’t listened to Pastor Benjamin Faircloth today, I would highly recommend it. His word from the Lord begins at about 12:22. It doesn’t address the hand signals, but other general info. (Sunday, 1/22/2017 Message “The House of Fire.”)

Nancy Trimble
January 22, 2017 8:41 PM

I listened to it Peggy, and as I watched Trump’s speech during the inauguration, and overall it had so much PRIDE injected into it, I had to cringe a couple of times. It had undertones of how America and only America was going to be #1 again, when at the same time I was thinking he should be giving the glory to God as #1! Of course Pastor Faircloth hit the nail on the head and noticed it too. Like he said, ‘pride before a fall’. I still hold to the belief that God can use Trump to expose evil just like he used King Cyrus, but also I feel like if his pride gets the best of him he will lead this country into disaster, which is where it is headed anyway. There are a couple of good articles on http://www.whygodreallyexists.com that Jeremiah Johnson wrote including some dreams and visions he has had about Trump that are very good.

January 22, 2017 9:08 PM

Here’s a post to consider:
“Warning Dream About Trump: All is Not What it Seems” (5/11/2016).

January 22, 2017 9:04 PM

“Pride: The Territorial Demonic Spirit Over the United States” (11/21/2015.)

Also, I will note that BETTE STEVENS had noted probably a year ago that there was a demonic spirit of false peace over this nation.

I think it’s fine to pray for Trump and our government. I do so several times a day. We just need to be vigilant; continuing to watch, pray, and follow the leading of the Holy Spirit.

Todd Henderson
January 23, 2017 11:12 AM

Nancy I believe you are 100% accurate on this. God can use anyone for his will to be done. But Trump will fall because of his PRIDE. A good friend of mine has confirmed this. God Bless.

Jeanne Jorash
January 22, 2017 3:57 PM

I’m with you, Peggy! Don’t worry!

January 22, 2017 4:17 PM
January 23, 2017 10:44 AM

And balancing what I have posted above, here is some very good news about Trump on a practical level from DAVE HODGES (The Common Sense Show).

January 22, 2017 4:01 PM

Jeanne,
Playing the opposite side here, about great emotion on hearing “Battle Hymn.” I agree, music, fireworks, and the Lincoln Memorial can stir strong positive emotions. Remember our mind, will, and emotions are not saved, but in process of sanctification. (Our spirit is born-again/saved.) Truly, only the Word of God and whether folks are following it and in a state of humble repentance before a Holy God is all that matters.

I welcome your discussion, though, Jeanne. I’m not arguing.

Jeanne Jorash
January 22, 2017 5:34 PM

Oh, I know, Peggy! No problem. You and I have been (and still are) on the same page. Just listened to Pastor Faircloth. Yep.

Jeanne Jorash
January 22, 2017 3:37 PM

I think the election of Trump is a greater test to the church than it would have been if Hillary had been elected. The reason is this: the true love of our hearts will be tested or exposed. Do we want the Lord’s return? Do we honestly want to get into high gear and live like He’s returning? OR…are we going to go back to sleep and be relieved that we can again seek the American Dream. I honestly ask this to myself–even though I have seen that we are in dire straits and in grave danger of God’s judgement. Even though I have been warning of His judgement! Even though we have so much blood on our hands and gay marriage is still considered OK by our new president. I still feel the pull to relax. RED ALERT! RED ALERT! HELP US LORD!! Prod us! This is scary!
I can see how the great delusion works!

Todd Henderson
January 23, 2017 11:14 AM

I agree. And if we can be so easily fooled by this………..how will be when even greater deception comes upon us. Be vigilant and only seek the Lord Jesus Christ.

January 21, 2017 4:00 PM

Thankyou James for posting this. I noticed that President Trump said that he would sleep in the Lincoln bedroom the evening of the inauguration. I believe that you said it correctly concerning the high price to be paid for the uniting.America being great again will not (IMO) be as many think…Great as in a mustard seed…Small….pure….
Although I did not “celebrate “as some did believing in a U.S Topia .I celebrated in my spirit know God’s will be done in our nation.I see why the ungodly are so anti- Trump…Houses are about to be cleansed..Not a good thing for the rebellious..Some “Christians “will fall into this category….
May we all drawer nearer…DRAW ME NEARER,NEARER BLESSED LORD, as the hymn goes…I am thankful for His rightouesness judgements.Now to be found on HIS side…Rick Joyners book,” FinalQuest” is an important read for the body of Christ at this time to help navigate us through what we are going to deal with ……more so in the days ahead..Please read this church….it gives understanding to where we are…Thanks again James for your labor of love to us,(the body).
Jesus told Rick Joyner, “I didn’t come to take sides,I came to take over”……We are to choose His side……..Which we will know by being intimate….Only the Bride experience intimacy..
Blessings today

Sonia
Sonia
January 21, 2017 7:11 PM

Great word Diana !
God bless you !

January 21, 2017 8:03 PM

Thank you Sonia,God bless you and watch over you sister:)

Jeanne Jorash
January 22, 2017 3:26 PM

Thumbs UP, Diana! Agreed!

January 22, 2017 3:38 PM

Blessings to you Jeanne, 🙂

Mikey H
Mikey H
January 22, 2017 3:07 AM

Hi Diana, I read the Final Quest a few times when it was published, I must read it again, thanks. God bless you sister.

January 22, 2017 4:16 PM

Mikey H,That’s great….I am just now getting back into it also after reading it many years ago.Now is the season for the fulfilment of many things written therein….May I encourage others also to read this..Here is an excerpt from the book”Final Quest”…”there were thousands of soldiers, but there were still greatly outnumbered. I was shocked and disheartened, for it seemed there were actually many more Christians being used by the evil one than there were in the army of the Lord. I knew that the battle that was about to begin was going to be viewed as the Great Christian Civil War because very few would understand the dark powers that were behind the impending conflict.”…. The book was written in 1996 about the vision God gave Rick concerning the ” greatest and last battle between light and darkness”..which is by far more prevalent now than 20 years ago..Many great insights, especially bringing to light how the demos ride the backs of christians causing them to fight each other.Amazing….the evil ones devices to cause division…”The primary strategy of this army was to cause division on every possible level of relationship ………
Churches with each other, congregations with their pastors,husbands and wives,children and parents,and even children with each other…”
Anyways,with all that’s upon us now,it would be an appropriate time for seeing what we are facing.Of course as Holy Spirit leads us on our path..Blessings to you,

January 22, 2017 4:38 PM

+demons.
P.s For anyone interested in reading this book,I got my last copy from Shekinah Worship Center.Lancaster, CA.
Also ,Lancaster conference teachings 2016 which included prophets Neville Johnson, Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj and Bruce Allen are vital for helping the body to survive the coming storms…..

Any
Any
January 23, 2017 6:35 AM

Hello Diana, yes I’m interested in it! If you have this book (in Word) and some written teachings from Neville, Sadhu and Bruce I would be so glad If you could send me. James could send you my e-mail address.
Thanks: Any

January 25, 2017 12:25 PM

Any,I apologize for just now getting back to you.I ordered my copy of FinalQuest from Lancaster,Ca. :Shekinah Worship center..also that’s where the 2016 conference c.ds are from.I believe that they are selling them for 5-7 for an entire set….I am going to order myself one.They are available to listen to on Youtube.Let me know how that works for you,o.k.It would be great if you can get these ..blessings to you today:)

Erin
January 21, 2017 2:46 PM

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power. Abraham Lincoln

God Bless you all, let’s stay focused on Christ as we wait upon the Lord. May God help us persevere daily and intercede for others.

Tom
Tom
January 22, 2017 4:02 PM

The Lord spoke to me Dec. 2016 thru a dream saying ” It is time, judgement is upon you ” and Jan. 2017 I woke up in the middle of the night and just started sputtering out ” My children, the time has come, judgement is now upon this nation”
It was vey clear to me judgment is close at hand, I have no doubt in my mind. I firmly belive Trump is a ” Trumpet ” for the last great awakening. If you look at Sept. 23rd 2017 star allignment. there is no other alighnment like that for 7000 years.

Jerome L
Jerome L
January 22, 2017 8:39 PM

James, praise God for your prophetic ministry to the remnant church. It has been a tremendous blessing to me because I have had no training in the prophetic through my church.

This post did remind me of a much earler post regarding George Washington’s prophecy for three major challenges America will face. They both reference the civil war and I believe the next major challenge for America looms iminently on the horizon.

michelle gibson
michelle gibson
January 21, 2017 7:59 PM

James, remember back in February I had laid down to take a nap and was awaken by a gun shot to the left side of my head and heard the word Lincoln. And I asked God what it meant and He said it had to meaning. that is all I ever got

anonymous
anonymous
January 22, 2017 4:10 PM

His opening dance song was “I did it my way”…”the end is near….” My daughter, who doesn’t seem to like Trump very much, says she feels sad whenever she sees him. She said, I just don’t want anyone to hurt him.

January 22, 2017 8:37 PM

“I Did It My Way” is only valid if it lined up with God’s Way as taught in the Holy Bible. If it isn’t, it’s really the theme song of Hell.

January 22, 2017 8:44 PM
-Below in quotations is a post that I made on a blog back in April of 2016 about a true experience that has to do with hearing the song “I Did It My Way.” ************************************************************************************* “NOW, WHAT’S WRONG WITH THESE LYRICS? (at the bottom) CHECK OUT THE CAPITALIZED WORDS.SOMETHING’S WRONG! DOESN’T THE BIBLE SAY TO DO THINGS “HIS WAY” ACCORDING TO “HIS WORD”? IN THE END, WE HAVE A THE CHOICE: WE CAN DO IT GOD’S WAY OR WE CAN DO IT GOD’S WAY, BUT WE WILL DO IT GOD’S WAY!!! Okay, in PART 16, D.W. had prophesied the Big Smile, the Big Heart (HIS Love), and the Rainbow (HIS Promise) as well as a Wedding SURPRISE! We had definitely seen the first two icons and had the SURPRISE on the Wedding Day. But, so far, no Rainbow. Well, on April 7th, J. and I were returning from seeing a fabulous production of “Samson” (from the Bible) at “Sight and Sound” in Lancaster County, Pa. We were there because as a Wedding Present, someone had purchased two tickets for us to go on this delightful bus trip. We had a great time. We were travelling home and as we got toward the bridge to cross over to New Jersey, a song was sung on the tasteful concert that was playing away on the screens inside the bus. The group heard the announcement of the song and the pleasing sounding music. All through the place, folks oohed and aahed that— “Oh, I just LOVE this song.” I knew the lyrics, and granted, the music was entrancing, BUT— suddenly I said to J. This is not good at all. I think it’s the “THEME SONG OF HELL.” I was very unhappy that folks were being deceived by the beautiful music which was… Read more »
anonymous
anonymous
January 22, 2017 4:13 PM

I just noticed some else mentioned that!