God Gives Protection Provision and Warning in the Midst of Chennai Floods

Here is a brief summary of a crisis that began on Dec 1, 2015, but the days leading up to this crisis were also quite eventful. This thing did not just appear out of the blue.

chennai2For those unaware, I live in Chennai, India, which recently received a record amount of rainfall, causing the local government to open certain dams that were being subjected to dangerous levels of water pressure. The relentless rainfall, the subsequent release of water from the dams, and the inadequate drainage submerged several parts of the city under several feet of water.

chennai4

Many settlements along the banks of the rivers meandering through the city were washed away. Roads collapsed. Water overflowed bridges. Local trains were suspended because the tracks were submerged. Transportation was disrupted. Those parts of the city that were not submerged were cut off from the rest of the city like small islands.

chennaiThere was no running water or electricity in nearly all of the city. Communication towers and networks were nonfunctional. Water entered even well-built homes and planned localities. Many rich were forced to abandon their posh homes and find refuge in 5-star hotels.

People were stranded on rooftops waiting for food packets and water. Several lost all of their possessions, and the rich, be it people or corporations, were not spared. Banks and ATMs were nonfunctional. Groceries were scarce.

car_sunk

I can go on and on, but what effectively happened was this: one of India’s leading cities, a sprawling metropolis, a center of much economic activity, and a capital city was effectively blindsided by a severe and most unexpected crisis and plunged into chaos and destruction on a scale that left the locals wondering how did such an event even possibly come to pass in Chennai, because Chennai was never expected to encounter such a disaster.

Supernatural Protection and Provision:
I had heeded the warnings from the local weather station and stocked up on whatever food and water I could manage. I was hopeful, but not certain, that my provisions would last until the crisis passed. They didn’t last. But, I never lacked food. I did not lack water, either for drinking or for sanitation. Such a crisis should make one wary of falling sick. I didn’t—not even a cold or fever.

I was cut off from the rest of the city, but water did not enter my apartment. I did not have power, but I had light at night, and the weather was cool, eliminating the need for a fan.

The wet weather should have resulted in an outbreak in mold, but apart from a few spots on my clothes and shoes, it didn’t touch my walls or anything else. And all this while I kept hearing stories of people in acute distress, needing rescue by boats and choppers. Some tragically drowned. I survived because my God watched over me and provided everything I needed through my landlord, who is, by the way, a Hindu, and I was reminded of Psalm 91:7.

A thousand may fall at your side and ten thousand at your right hand, but it shall not approach you. (Psalm 91:7)

Prophetic Warning:
Here is the warning I received on Dec 3, 2015, when I was moved to read Micah 1:1-7, during my morning meditation.

1 The word of the Lord which came to Micah of Moresheth in the days of Jotham, Ahaz and Hezekiah, kings of Judah, which he saw concerning Samaria and Jerusalem.

2 Hear, O peoples, all of you; listen, O earth and all it contains, and let the Lord God be a witness against you, the Lord from His holy temple.

3 For behold, the Lord is coming forth from His place. He will come down and tread on the high places of the earth.

4 The mountains will melt under Him and the valleys will be split, like wax before the fire, like water poured down a steep place.

5 All this is for the rebellion of Jacob and for the sins of the house of Israel. What is the rebellion of Jacob? Is it not Samaria? What is the high place of Judah? Is it not Jerusalem?

6 For I will make Samaria a heap of ruins in the open country, planting places for a vineyard. I will pour her stones down into the valley and will lay bare her foundations.

7 All of her idols will be smashed, all of her earnings will be burned with fire and all of her images I will make desolate, for she collected them from a harlot’s earnings, and to the earnings of a harlot they will return. (Micah 1:1-7)

I was told that I have seen with my own eyes what a few days of rain have done to a prominent city. I was told that in a similar fashion prominent cities of the world will groan under the stress and pressures of natural disasters and other problems. Chennai is a signpost, I heard, of even greater crises to come upon the major cities of the world.

This is my own understanding: I believe that such calamities will first come upon those nations or places that had a covenant with God and turned away from it. And if this is the scale of judgment on such places, how much worse it will be for those that never had a covenant in the first place.

In closing, all who read, please remember that God’s grace and provision in a crisis should not be interpreted to mean that there are favorites with God. There is no favoritism with God, because He is a fair and just judge, and the same grace and mercy is available to all.

Sujit Thomas

Author: Sujit Thomas

Sujit Thomas currently lives and works in Chennai, India, as an editor. As someone who has experienced God’s undeserving love, grace, and mercy personally, Sujit would like people to know that the Lord has no pleasure in the death of the unrighteous, but would rather see them repent and live. He does not have a blog or personal website.

Jolie Vogliardo
Jolie
December 16, 2015 11:46 PM

Oh good, KC! God bless you! I have over 100 worship songs on my iPad. And I’m amazed at how the Lord so often selects which songs to come on, when I’m playing from my song list, to minister to me in just the way I need it. I love how our Lord will speak to us through SO many avenues, if we have the faith, the eyes, and the ears to believe, see, and hear. 🙂

Kathy Culver
KC
December 16, 2015 11:41 PM

Song also Jolie!

Kathy Culver
KC
December 16, 2015 11:39 PM

Said in another post had to get back to study. Well I didn’t and was very blessed !
Wish we could have big sleep over , we will have to wait for that and there will be no need to sleep!
Enjoyed the notes passed!!

Donna Bryant Sikes
Donna Bryant Sikes
December 16, 2015 8:37 AM

Thank you. God bless you.

Jolie Vogliardo
Jolie
December 15, 2015 8:13 PM

Amen and amen Ellen! We should email!

Ellen
Ellen
December 16, 2015 9:50 AM

Jolie and Tracy I would love to have a Holy Spirit powwow on releasing the Kingdom of God within us upon our dear husbands☺. I didn’t tell you that through pray and earnest desire to only feast on things from Heavenly Tables our us time has changed from watching T.V. each night to reading “There were Two Trees in the Garden” by Rick Joyner. I know true change can only come from my husband taking the authority himself that Jesus gaves us in Luke 10:19 (NIV) “I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.” He has to give the demons an eviction notice in the authority of Jesus’ name and ask the Holy Spirit to take up the newly created vacancy. Until that day I’m waging spiritual warfare as a daughter of the King. My email is ellenmp1@yahoo.com

P.S. Hi James, did you ever think Heavenly Father would give you the job of passing notes in school for your fellow classmates like in grade school! Thanks for the helping hand in passing our notes:). We couldn’t do this without your hardwork and dedication to our King.

December 16, 2015 10:18 AM

Glad to help pass your notes!

December 15, 2015 8:36 PM

It sounds like we could have Bible Study about how to save our husbands😀 My email is classeone@outlook.com. Thank you for the great advice. I will start it tonight. God loves you!!

Ellen
Ellen
December 15, 2015 6:10 PM

Thank you my dear sister Jolie for the insight. I have been reading “The Manual for the Deliverance Worker” by Frank Marzullo. I know my husband has drunk Satan’s sleeping potion. It’s a spiritual matter, so I fight in pray and spiritual warfare. Heavenly Father is doing some kind of healing because he (my husband) has ask me to read, “There were Two Trees in the Garden” by Rick Joyner to him each night as our us time. I find this new development a miracle. Blessed be our Great Physician who cast out demons and healed the sick…His Light always dispels the darkness.

Tracye Boegner
Tracye Boegner
December 15, 2015 2:57 PM

Absolutely and Amen, Tracy. We are like-named and like-minded! May God bless you & keep you safe until that day when we do go home to be with our precious Savior.

Jolie Vogliardo
Jolie
December 15, 2015 4:54 PM

Yes and amen to both Tracy and Tracye!! 90% of my friends are completely asleep (if not more). And they think that I’ve gone off the deep end, or am being deceived by all these conspiracies / false prophets. I attend a small home church. And they are also asleep (all but one member, a dear friend). I teach the adult Sunday School lesson and I know God has me there b/c He wants to use me to try to wake these people up, and prepare them. I told God I’ll talk about any topic He wants me to talk about. So I guess if / when the church asks me to leave or stop talking about these things – maybe then I’ll have to pray about doing church in our own home (which I’m sure will eventually be how it is anyway). May we be God’s mouthpieces to declare TRUTH. May we all be filled to overflowing with Holy Spirit fire and boldness!! God bless.

December 15, 2015 5:43 PM

Amen Jolie! I know God is preparing us all for what is about to come upon the earth. I had a wonderful vision today. I was walking around my house praying the blood of Jesus over every room like Linda Clay has suggested we do. In each area I got a glimpse of what would take place in the near future. In the kitchen, the table was set with a plate and silverware. On each plate was a Bible. People were sitting at the table studying the Bible instead of eating. In the living room people where sitting on the couch having Bible Study and some people were on their knees repenting and crying out to God. In my bathroom I saw people getting baptized in the tub. I heard in my spirit “feed my people with the Word”. God is revealing His will for my life a little bit everyday. I feel so humble that He can use me. Praise be to God!!!

Jolie Vogliardo
Jolie
December 15, 2015 8:12 PM

Amen!!! What an incredible vision! That reminds me of something the Lord taught me when I was a new believer at 18 or 19 yrs. old. I worked at a sports store, and I was grumbling in my heart b/c I was due to take a lunch break, and I was really hungry. The guy before me was late coming back to relieve me for my break. After more complaining the Holy Spirit spoke to my heart, “Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every Word that proceeds from the mouth of God.” May we hunger for God’s Word more than ANYTHING else!! God bless you Tracy!

Peggy
December 15, 2015 6:30 PM

Tracy,
That’s a wonderful vision! Yes, the WORD is our DAILY BREAD!

Jolie Vogliardo
Jolie
December 15, 2015 8:14 PM

Amen Peggy! 🙂

December 15, 2015 3:20 PM

Tracye, what part of the country do you live? I’m in California. I’m always hoping to find a part of the remnant near me. I think the remnant is spread out so we can do HIS WORK in our area. God Bless you too!

December 15, 2015 2:27 PM

There is no FEAR OF THE LORD anymore. People worship the blessings instead of the Blesser. A lot of Christians think they will be raptured out of here before things get bad. This all attributes to the sleepwalking that is going on right now. I’m like you Tracye, I don’t attend church in a building anymore. I do my own studying 2-3 hours per day. I would rather know what is about to come upon the earth than to be surprised and paralyzed with fear. I know that judgement has to come in order to wake up the sleeping. Some will fall away and others will fall on their knees. I’m trying to prepare to help the ones that fall on their knees. God Bless you.

Tracye Boegner
Tracye Boegner
December 15, 2015 1:11 PM
This Tracye feels the same way! I go to church (I’ve tried 3 non-denominational “bible teaching” churches in the past 3 years) and leave feeling “empty” because Pastors are not teaching of end times, there are no warnings given out, there are no mentions of the Rapture, there is no in-depth teaching of the flock to cause us to be uncomfortable, challenged, to grow deeper and learn more of the Lord’s ways, to draw us closer in spirit to Christ… I now have decided to get deep, teaching-intensive messages of Christian faith on the internet, either by reading, watching/listening to podcasts or YouTube, with discernment, of course, with what goes into my head and my heart. Even trying to talk to my teenage children (16 and 19) who are Christians of the end times we are in, the warnings, the things to come, the deceptions and lies of the enemy/this world, the description of prophesies, my own dreams and Words given to me by the Lord, and they too scoff and mock me. I feel that talking to the average, every day Christian is talking to someone who would rather not know, rather not be bothered, rather not change, and would rather not go deeper in their faith and fully commit to Christ. Most Christians are indeed sleepwalking through this life, the churches I’ve been in are not on fire and are not telling of the whole truth and nothing but the Truth in Scripture with relevance to the times we are now living in. America is much too comfortable for most people – perhaps we need the strife that comes from terrorism/attacks of the enemy, war in our lands, natural disasters, etc. to cause a revival in this land – I feel its the only way Americans could come… Read more »
Jolie Vogliardo
Jolie
December 15, 2015 1:08 PM

Tracy, I feel that way! Please listen to this song, it greatly encourages me! God bless you.

December 15, 2015 2:17 PM

Thank you Jolie for that precious song. I listened to it with my eyes closed and I had this vision of Jesus standing there with out-stretched arms beckoning me so come. We were moving around the room and I was standing on His feet. I didn’t go anywhere without Him guiding me. My steps were not my own. That song filled my spirit today!

Jolie Vogliardo
Jolie
December 15, 2015 4:44 PM

Amen and you’re so welcome! I live in CA. Do you?

December 15, 2015 5:20 PM

Yes I live in Fresno what about you?

Jolie Vogliardo
Jolie
December 15, 2015 5:32 PM

Oh ok, I live near San Diego. 😊 Too bad we’re not closer together!

December 15, 2015 5:46 PM

Amen to that. I could sure use a sister in Christ to talk with and visit with!

Jolie Vogliardo
Jolie
December 15, 2015 8:09 PM

We can Skype!! 🙂 What’s your email address?