Horrible Giant Defeated in the Name of Jesus

giant

My teenage son Reid recently had a dream in which he had an encounter with a giant, one of the Nephilim (see scriptures below).

He and his best friend Chase were out at our chicken coop  closing up the for the night. They had also built a fire to entertain themselves outside for a while. Suddenly a giant came out of the woods, menacing and horrible in appearance. He was super ugly, wearing animal skin clothing, and had dirty long hair and a beard. When he first came out of the woods, he beat on the metal roof of our chicken coop with his fists. Then he stomped out their fire and smashed Chase on the head so hard he knocked him out cold.

Reid bravely jumped onto the giant, but was instantly flung off onto the ground. So he got up and ran in terror back to our house to get our help.

I was in the kitchen having fellowship with other believers, including Chase’s parents. Reid quickly told me what happened, but not one of us offered to help him, including me.  I calmly replied, “You know what to do.”

Reid grabbed a semi-automatic rifle and an extra clip. Then he ran back outside to the chicken coop and found the giant was dragging Chase into the woods to kill him!

Reid emptied a clip into the giant, changed clips, and did the same thing again, but nothing happened! The giant acted like he had not even been shot!

So Reid turned the rifle around and began beating him with the butt of the rifle. The giant let go of Chase’s leg, but only to strike Reid with a back handed slap that sent him flying back several feet. So he got back up and shouted in a loud voice, “THE BLOOD OF JESUS IS AGAINST YOU AND IN HIS NAME I COMMAND YOU TO LET HIM GO!”

The giant immediately stopped dragging Chase and made some strange loud groaning sounds with a deep voice. Then he dropped down to the ground and appeared to be dead! Reid picked up Chase, who was still unconscious, and carried him into the house.

Giant Scriptures:

1 Now it came about, when men began to multiply on the face of the land, and daughters were born to them,
2 that the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose.
3 Then the Lord said, “ My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.”
4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.
(Genesis 6:1-4)

32 So they gave out to the sons of Israel a bad report of the land which they had spied out, saying, “The land through which we have gone, in spying it out, is a land that devours its inhabitants; and all the people whom we saw in it are men of great size.
33 There also we saw the Nephilim (the sons of Anak are part of the Nephilim); and we became like grasshoppers in our own sight, and so we were in their sight.
(Numbers 13:32-33)

Michele Burdo

Author: Michele Burdo

Michele Burdo, along with her husband Tony, are a music duo that have performed and shared the stage with many people in the Christian Music Industry including: Randy Stonehill, Phil Driscoll, Russ Taff, Phil Keaggy, Steven Curtis Chapman, Michael W. Smith, the Newsboys, Delirious, and many others. They are published songwriters with BMI and have had the opportunity to record and perform their songs throughout all of North America. Together they have served as Worship Leaders at various ministries. Their music can be found on: iTunes Apple Music, Spotify, and YouTube. You can also like them on FaceBook at facebook.com/BurdoMusic.

Many of Michele’s lyrics are inspired from prophetic dreams and supernatural encounters with the Lord. She has a passion for communicating with others about the deep things of God.

John
John
May 18, 2016 4:01 PM

Willy,

I’ve just checked the ‘nefeel’ Hebrew for giant, and Strong’s concordance describes it also as feller, tyrant or bully. Although they be different words, they bear the same inspiration.

Most important however, is that these are only my perception and are NOT a repudiation of other persons opinions and understanding.

May the peace of our Lord be with you all.

Willy
Willy
May 18, 2016 12:15 PM
John/?, You wrote an elegant piece of misinformation on the topic and miss the truth on several points as you weave your concoction of errors, half-truths with some facts in what appears as a weak attempt to redirect from scriptural facts on hybrid beings on earth. Your premise in the first and second paragraph fails a simple scriptural test of verifying root words in Hebrew or (Greek Septuagint) translated giant in Genesis 6:4 and fool as in Proverbs or related forms in Genesis. As you may know, when the premise is wrong, the supporting thought is error with your post setting an excellent example and regardless of your possible native language definitions. A son/daughter of a fallen angel is a fool in not believing in the Lord Jesus Christ before or after his first coming; however, people of human ancestry do the same. An evil spirit possessed human is not a biblical giant although they are a fool, which is part of the reason they became possessed. A evil spirit possessed person is redeemable in Christ per many NT examples. Furthermore, the word kill as in Exodus 20:13 “Thou shalt not kill” is the root word “ratsach” which is predominately equivalent to the English word murder. In English murder is unlawful killing, which means there is lawful killing. For example, a lot of people were killed as the Lord’s chosen nation left Egypt and entered into the in the Promised Land. Killed at God’s command or directly by God; however, they were not murdered. And an angel of the Lord killed over 185,000 evil Assyrians in one night. In the Book of Acts in the NT, the angel of the Lord killed Herod for not praising God and the Holy Spirit killed Ananias and Sapphira for lying. And for those… Read more »
John
John
May 18, 2016 3:40 PM

Dear Willy,

I would not wish in anywise to misinform anyone. I only post what I believe and conclude from study, and I’d say also revelation.

I did not however look up the meanings in Hebrew. Yet however, before the Hebrew language came to prevalence in the naming of entities and places, one other language predated all else. Such is the language for which the name Mara means bitterness, or Rama means exaulted. (In Sanskrit, these two biblical names mean the same). As such, out of presumption that all ancient languages of the world are known to God, I only shared what the word giant, ogre or fool is in my tongue. And the understanding it inspires.

Remember the chap who had legion in him, whom Jesus freed and sent the demons to the pigs? Or any other demon possessed ‘super beings’? Are they not realistically giants in power and character?

Other than sharing my understanding and blessings, I truly have none other ‘motives’ I’m only a simple God-loving person desirous of the truth, wisdom and knowledge.

My sincere apologies to anyone and all who may be misled by any of my posts contribution.

And blessings to you Willy and all.

John
John
May 18, 2016 3:05 AM
In my culture (its the oldest on earth, debayably), the word for giant, and a fool are one and the same. Thus it reads and implies, there were fools in the earth in those day of Noah. Are there fools on the earth in our times? Plenty of them. They are the spiritual offspring of the fallen angels and the (daughters) civilisations of men. Union of marriage/copulation in the spiritual realm is demonic possession, (where the two spirits become one body and spirit and accord). That is essentially the mystery of how the fools/giants upon earth came to be. Tyrants are the best example of fools, and the gigantic achievements they make. Hitler, inspite of his ordinary physique, was a giant and a fool. And so is everyone who has comingled their spirits with the the fallen angels/demons. As to whether all the nephilim were males, in that the relations they make with humanity, they are the predominating spirit, then yes. But in reality, they are diverse. Homosexuality originates from the preference of these predominant spirits. A female spirit posssesding a human male will convict the human to female tendencies. The viceversa for a male nephilim taking possession of a human female. The new mix the possession becomes is the giant/fool species (offspring) which without separion is only worthy of destruction. Given the knowledge base an will in both, in working contrary to God, as it is these days, they will make altercations in their own structure, appearances and mannerisms. They will partake of all the forbidden ways and foods, including human fleshes, and all abominations, as they do. (Transgenderism, DNA enhancements, body structure enhancements, plastic cosmetologies, drugs, etc). They will force their will and ways against the rest of humans. They literally gobble up the earth, amassing and consuming… Read more »
Kay
Kay
May 17, 2016 11:48 PM

Not a problem, Lottie. 🙂

May 17, 2016 3:22 PM

Have you read Tim Warners work in the first reply above? Most of his scholarly explanations affirm what i had seen in the Spirit. I do not attach any credence to the book of Enoch that carries his name probably weitten by an unknown person as those who study lanugages and ancient texts say. I consider the apocraphal books as not something to read. The early fathers had good reason to exclude them from our canon of Scripture. Well, ive stated what I see. I hope you whom I love do not get whipped into a frenzie of fear about such. And as to the reply to me that Jesus said marriage not sex…..Malachi tells us marriage is for Godly offspring which assumes sexual relations between a man and a woman for,procreation. Therefore, when Jesus mentions marriage re heaven living, it infers angels are not gender beings. Enough on this subject. I think its to get us diverted from just being ready. 10-4

May 17, 2016 9:55 PM

Also, I am sorry for contending over this with u all…..i just had to turn over th rocks and see if I was missing something.

May 18, 2016 3:08 AM

No problem! We love you any old ways!

Kay
Kay
May 17, 2016 12:26 PM
Hi Lottie. I know it sounds crazy at first…it did to me, so I started researching and learning more, and finally read the early chapters of the Book of Enoch. It explains much, and further study brings a deeper understanding of future biblical events, including the Flood. I don’t think (personal opinion) that it was ever meant to be part of the Bible. More of an expansion, an explanation, of certain events. God took Enoch into heaven, he did not die, which tells me God honored Enoch, and therefore the Book of Enoch should be give credibility. Hebrews 11:5 “By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.” The Book of Enoch was well known in the time of Jesus. There are many references to the Messiah in it, which are echoed in the New Testament. I will put the list at the bottom of this post. This is from a pastor’s response to a question that I found online: “We first learn of Enoch in Genesis 5 but it leaves us with questions. Hebrews 11 has the answers and Jude quotes Enoch! How did Jude come to know the words of Enoch? They are not in the Bible. The answer of course, is The Book of Enoch. A book which is actually quoted not only by Jude, but also James the natural brother of Jesus. The quote in (Jude 14-15) & (1 Enoch 1:9) is as follows: “In the seventh (generation) from Adam Enoch also prophesied these things, saying: ‘Behold, the Lord came with his holy myriads, to execute judgment on all, and to convict all the ungodly of all their ungodly deeds which they have… Read more »
DeeVC
DeeVC
May 17, 2016 8:47 AM

Clearly the bible/God’s word speaks of fallen angels mating with human women. Genesis 6:1-2 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them. That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. There is a distinction between mankind and the sons of God/fallen angelic beings! This is found in the tried and true KJV. Truth is stranger than fiction. I am not trying to quarrel but simply point out the scripture. God bless

May 17, 2016 9:46 PM

But does the term sons of God,mean fallen angels? That term is relegated,to,humans in Christ in all other texts of our Bible….

Stephen Ellis
Stephen Ellis
May 17, 2016 9:56 PM

Hello Lottie – Hope this helps: Genesis 6:3-5 Common English Bible (CEB)

3 The Lord said, “My breath[a] will not remain in humans forever, because they are flesh. They will live one hundred twenty years.” 4 In those days, giants[b] lived on the earth and also afterward, when divine beings and human daughters had sexual relations and gave birth to children. These were the ancient heroes, famous men.

Kyle S
Kyle S
May 16, 2016 9:41 PM
Hi Michele, I had a ‘giant’ dream a while ago and it was a message just for me and some things I’m dealing with. However, some similarities I’d like to share: Like you son’s dream, this giant was ruthless and would not stop aggressively pursuing and inflicting harm. As I was searching out the meaning, I found that a giant in dreams often represents something that can only be defeated w God’s help. No natural weapons can do it. In my own life, this giant was representative of a spiritual attack that wasn’t going to go away with behavior modification or change in circumstances. The Lord also showed me that the attach was coming in an incredibly small package in real life – something I would never think of as a ‘giant’ attack. So it sounds like your dream is right on – wondering what it might mean, possibly a double meaning but I definitely think there is a personal meaning to your son and family. Something is after him and his friend, it will not stop, it is ruthless, and it wishes to stop out the fire that he builds. It is trying to knock them out, make them cold to the things of God, kill their spiritual life. My two cents – it may be something hidden in plain sight. ***All – Regarding the Nephelim – since we only have a handful of verses and a ton of speculation, it is also useful to understand how the Jews thought of them in other writings. The Book of Enoch (not cannonized, but highly revered by the Jews, quoted in scripture, quoted by God who uses the exact words of one of Enoch’s prophecies about his Son) sheds light on what they thought the nephelim were. It clearly states that… Read more »
Michele Burdo
Michele B
May 17, 2016 8:51 PM

Kyle, May you stand victorious against this giant. “For God has not given you a spirit of fear, but of of power, love and a sound mind.” Keep the faith.

May 17, 2016 6:12 AM

Yall are scaring yourselves into a frenzie. Demonic angels are spirit As th Word states. I realize Jude says something the same as Enoch, however that does not mean that it is a quote from Enoch. Maybe it was simply stating a known truth. That is too small a fragment to,form a whole,doctrine about evil giants who were created from spirits copulating with humans. Jesus and His Word is far more grand glorious and mighty than to give the devil such platitudes.

Francisco Frontera
Francisco Frontera
May 17, 2016 7:14 AM

Peter paraphrased the very same passage Jude quoted from the book of Enoch in one of his two letters.

The Scriptures must be studied in depth.

Shalom.

May 17, 2016 3:09 PM

And Peter was part of th apostolic church who highly disregarded Jewish myths among which ismthat angels are sons of good d. They are NOT!

John Barry
John Barry
May 16, 2016 5:00 PM
The Black Bird December 12th, 1992 In my dream it seemed I was in front of the apartment building where I live. As I was standing and looking at the overhead clouds, a black bird, of a gigantic size, suddenly appeared. It was coming toward the ground with great speed. As it approached, it spread its wings. When I looked, I saw that something was written on the wings. It said, “Power has been given to me to be able to come against the Christians in a short time.” On the beak of the bird was written, “I want to make war against the true Christians – those that serve God with their hearts, their lives, and their actions not only in name. We’ll see if they will be able to stand up against me… We’ll see… I am a warrior. I fight against Christ.” This bird, of undescribable size, was never calm. It soared up and down. As I watched, I was able to see how terrifying and mean it looked. Suddenly, it dropped a ribbon which said, “It will not be long before I will declare war against the Christians. I myself will fight with all my strength.” Again it began to soar upwards. Then, suddenly, a cloud of rain, thunder, and lightning appeared! A lightning bolt hit the bird and it fell to the earth. To me it seemed dead. Feeling great joy that it was dead, I went to study it more closely. As I was looking at it, it raised its head and said, “Do you really think I’m dead? I just played dead because I did not want Christ to be mad at me. In a short time, though, I will be allowed to fight against the Christians in this country.” Then it shot… Read more »
Willy
Willy
May 16, 2016 5:40 PM

Be encouraged. NO FEAR. No matter how dangerous or ominous a dream or vision or an experience, rely on the scripture. Revelation 12:11 “They triumphed by the blood of the lamb and the word of their testimony.” Many dreams are for training and learning as you are part of God’s special inner circle of believers…all believers are part of the inner circle…we are seated in Christ in heaven and no one can get closer to His inner circle than Jesus.

Given authority does not mean Jesus gave the authority or power, nor the Father or the Holy Spirit. Satan tries to take what is not his and lies about everything. We have the authority and unless we believers give Satan permission by our fear or by willful sin to win a battle, he cannot win. And he never wins the war because Jesus already won saying “It is finished.”

We fight from victory. We do not fight to get victory. We fight as citizens of heaven dwelling on earth. We do not fight as earth dwellers trying to gain heavenly citizenship. Whatever we bind on earth is already bound in heaven.

Christ’s power to you.

John Barry
John Barry
May 16, 2016 8:28 PM

Thanks Wiley , I do Spiritual Warfare and all you say is true , but the practical application of this is not so simple always . If you are dealing with a willing servant of Satan , they have real power too . Three times I have had a knife pulled on me , the last time the young man was so paranoid from being high the darkness surrounded him and could be seen and felt . While HOLY SPIRIT guided me with the young man , I had to reassure him I would protect him and keep him safe and calm him down before he would give up the knife and I had to set it where it was in his reach for him to trust me . Only then could I deal with the Spirits . This young man is now Spirit Filled and seeking GOD with his all .

DeeVC
DeeVC
May 16, 2016 4:15 PM

Oops! I meant the fallen angels (LEFT THEIR FIRST ESTATE). Then the fallen ones/angels/watchers desired the beautiful daughters of mankind.

May 17, 2016 5:55 AM

If they are asexual, would falling to earth make them sexual? Or fleshly? I do not see that i. Th Scripture and that is my plumbline.

May 17, 2016 10:07 AM

What about all the scriptures quoted in previous replies? Are they also your plumbline?

May 17, 2016 3:07 PM

Indeed yes, when they are in context. .. I want to ask, if you can believe th Book Enoch as reliable when the early fathers And our canon dismissed it, it is easy to see how you can think angels cohabiting with women who then produce giants thousands of feet tall is the rendering of Gen 6. The first article gives a perfect explanation. Of which part do you not agree? It bears witness with my spirit.. Besides, common sense does not line up with such an idea, not that,mans sense itrumps Gods Word.

May 18, 2016 2:54 AM

I believe the scriptures I provided in my previous reply already answered these questions.