Time is short. The day of the Lord is coming soon. The events foretold in the Bible are already unfolding. We have now entered into the season of the Lord’s return.
No one knows the exact time of his return, but he told us the signs to watch for because he wanted us to know how to recognize the season of his return. Otherwise, he could have just left us in the dark like the rest of the world, but he didn’t do that. He identified specific events, signs that let us know the time is drawing near.
They are now happening. Here are ten signs telling us we have already entered the season of the Lord’s return:
- Jerusalem reclaimed in 1967 by the people of Israel (Isaiah 11:11-16, Joel 3:1-3)
- Rapid advances in knowledge (Daniel 12:4)
- Increase in people traveling from place to place (Daniel 12:4)
- The development of hologram and satellite technologies to make the image of the beast (Revelation 13:14-15)
- The development of microchip technology to make the mark of the beast (Revelation 13:16-18)
- The antichrist elected President of the world’s most powerful nation in 2008 (Revelation 6:1-2). See my previous post, The Rider on the White Horse is Now Riding Across America.
- Dramatic increase in earthquakes in during the past decade from 2004 to 2014, especially in 2014 and continuing in 2015 (Matthew 24:7)
- Persecution of Christians increasing all around the world (Matthew 24:9-10)
- Increased lawlessness as more people are yielding to immorality, homosexuality, and perversion (Matthew 24:12).
- A tetrad of blood moons occurring on the same days as Jewish feasts in 2014 and 2015 (Genesis 1:14, Joel 2:31).
Jesus compared these signs to the appearance of leaves on a fig tree, which let us know summer is near. He said the generation that sees these things would not all pass away before all of these things are fulfilled
Now learn the parable from the fig tree:when its branch has already become tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near; so, you too, when you see all these things, recognize that He is near, right at the door. Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place. (Matthew 24:32-34)
The leaves have now appeared on the fig tree, so we must be close to the time of his return. He also said the generation that sees these signs would not all pass away before all of these things are fulfilled. So the time clock has already started counting down. We are now less than one generation away from his return. No matter how we do the math, the conclusion is the same… we are very close!
See more End-Time Bible study topics.
Author: James Bailey
James Bailey is a blogger, business owner, husband and father of two grown children. In 1982, he surrendered his life to the Lord Jesus Christ. In 2012, he founded Z3news.com to broadcast the message of salvation by reporting end time news before it happens.
© 2015, Z3 News. The first 200 words of Z3 News articles may be shared online in exchange for a clickable link to our site. Please include the author name and do not make any changes to text or titles. No image files from our site may be shared because we don’t own them. For permission to use our content in other formats, please contact us.