I Shot Upwards Into the Sky and the Clouds Parted

heaven

Dreams. Visions. The words have a mystical quality, hinting at things mysterious, wondrous and prophetic. Dreams and visions indicate that there is more going on here than meets the eye.

In the Book of Joel, God declared that He would pour out His Holy Spirit in a mighty way, making prophets of ordinary people. God promised dreams and visions to people of all walks of life. Sons and daughters. Old men, young men and women. In that future time, a prophet would not be a wild man crying out in the wilderness, but someone as common as your next door neighbor.

I believe we’re living in the most exciting era in history. The time written of in the Bible by Joel and many other ancient prophets. The Day of the Lord. The End of the Age. The Glorious Return of Jesus Christ.

Sound too melodramatic? Perhaps, but it’s difficult to overplay the culmination of human history.

I’m one of the ordinary people Joel wrote about almost three thousand years ago. I’m a lawyer in a rural parish in Northeast Louisiana. I have a beautiful wife, two kids, a cat and a mortgage. By nature and training I’m skeptical. I like proof, something I can put my hands on. And I’m certainly not a doomsday watcher, but beginning on December 20, 1995, I experienced Joel’s prophecy firsthand. I went to sleep that night never realizing a dream would change my life forever. God’s promise of dreams became a reality for me.

The dream began in an ordinary way. I stood outside my home in the front yard, raking leaves near a tall magnolia tree. Dark gray clouds packed the sky. Suddenly a transparent red cloud appeared, huge and circular, like a gigantic pillar. It was positioned past a grove of trees directly over the local cemetery. Thousands of lights glowed inside the reddish cloud, swirling upward like a swarm of fireflies. As I looked closer, I realized that it wasn’t fireflies. People were rising up into the clouds!

“Oh, my God! Jesus is coming,” I said.

As soon as I had spoken these words, I shot upwards into the sky, and the clouds parted, the heavens opening up above me, like something out of a Stephen Spielberg movie. Bright white light enveloped me. Joy radiated through me as if I were caught in the torrent of a mighty river of bliss. It was the greatest feeling of my life.

Think of your happiest moment. Perhaps it’s the birth of a child, your wedding day, a thrilling victory in sports, a spiritual experience, or just a sunny day when you felt completely alive. Multiply that by a hundredfold, and it’ll give you a tiny idea of the delight I had. For the briefest second, I experienced pure joy.

Just as quickly, I was awake, my heart pounding in my chest as if it were going to explode. I felt electrified, every nerve tingled with excitement. I tried to catch my breath.

What in the world had just happened to me?

As I lay in bed, a myriad of emotions flooded my senses. Joy at what I had experienced. Anger that it had not been real. The experience was so vivid it was hard to believe that it had only been a dream. Surprise at how quickly it had all happened. I was just raking leaves. Then the red cloud, the white light and the absolutely incredible feeling of love and peace.

I also felt fear. What did this dream mean? What was God saying to me? Was I supposed to become some type of modern-day prophet? I didn’t want to be one. I liked my life and didn’t want it to change. Then I became afraid. Had this really just happened to me?

As these thoughts raced through my head, a Bible verse echoed in my mind:

But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all people.” (Luke 2:10)

For those who believe, the Return of Christ isn’t something to be feared. It is something that should bring us joy.

BEHOLD MY FRIENDS, THE KING IS COMING!

David Doughty

Author: David Doughty

David Doughty is an attorney and former Assistant District Attorney from Rayville, Louisiana. He has written five books published by Joy Publishing. The LORD has given him revelations to help prepare the way for the return of Jesus Christ. He believes he is a Watchman to give warning to our people. His website is DavidpDoughty.com

coffeehubby
coffeehubby
May 7, 2016 6:48 AM

I hope soon means soon to us humans too. Not 35 years more. My wife has had dreams like that too.

Kasey Streichert Burt
Kasey Streichert Burt
February 28, 2016 5:25 PM

David:
I believe that many of God’s Elect are taken into heaven prior to the Rapture by way of Dreams and Visions, if not an actual transportation of the spirit into the Holy of Holies and there is a reason for that. It mirrors what you have mentioned about our purpose here during this journey on earth.
I would tell you we are spiritual beings having a temporary experience in a physical body. I realize this may already be understood by you. I am attaching an experience I had with Yeshua, a transportation if you will, into heaven. It has been life changing for me in every way.

I hope that you will read it and see so clearly our mission prior to the the “Big Rapture” coming up. My brother Karl, whom I led to Christ under the auspices of the Holy Spirit when I was about 19 years old; has a statement of faith and this is it. “I want to go to heaven, live with God and take as many people with me as I can” Isn’t that marvelous! Here is the link I mentioned, and may our Father in heaven bless you and yours and provide wisdom to you always and courage in unfailing measure.KSB

faith
faith
February 28, 2016 7:08 PM

Kasey, I have no words to describe how beautiful your heaven experience was. You are so blessed.

Francy
Francy
February 19, 2016 11:37 PM

Thank you so much Kimberly for praying for me. I’m new at this so I will read each of your cited scriptures. I have also read the statement you suggested out loud. I am so thankful to have found this site where I can meet people so wonderful like you. God Bless you and your family. I praise The Lord Jesus Christ!

Kimberly G.
Kimberly G.
February 21, 2016 2:21 AM

I know! It’s pretty awesome, right? It’s amazing how our hearts are knitted together supernaturally. Thank you for your prayers and I send them back to you and yours! Praising Jesus right along with you!!!

Clifford Conkey
Clifford Conkey
February 19, 2016 6:33 PM

I had a dream of the taking up of the saints years ago, but still remember. I was pulled upward into the sky, I remember feeling the sense of going up at a rapid pace. All of a sudden I was above the clouds. I noticed I was dressed in a white gown or something like that. Also, there were a multitude of people with me, all in white just as I was. We were all in a formation, like in a parade. It was a massive parade. As far as I could see. And then the clouds parted and this magnificient light poured out of it. We were all heading to this light, we knew it was Jesus and we had great joy at who was up ahead inviting us in. Then I woke up.

Francy
Francy
February 19, 2016 9:45 AM

David Hapenney,

That sounds like a wonderful experience you had when you saw His face. The only thing close to that I have experienced is when I enter into God’s presence and I felt as if I was inside a dome of protection from Him and felt angels around me along with Him. So, I believe the face I saw was not His since I felt fear. Thank you for your comment and if you can, please pray for me!

Kimberly G.
Kimberly G.
February 19, 2016 8:43 PM

Praying for you Francy! I praise the Lord that you were lead to see out wise counsel to help you “test the spirits,” regarding this vision of the face you saw, as 1 John 4:1 admonishes us to do: “Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God.” What’s really interesting is how the Lord uses ALL of our experiences to weave into his purpose for our lives. I have no doubt that as you ask for Him for His divine insight and guidance, you may find yourself honing the spiritual gift of discernment as put forth in 1 Corinthians 12:7-11. In the meantime, be at peace and let your joy be full dear one–greater is He who is in you, than he that is in the world!!!

Kimberly G.
Kimberly G.
February 19, 2016 8:55 PM

PS This is the weirdest (but coolest) thing…as I stepped away, I was compelled to come back and tell you this–if fear starts to overcome your emotions, repeat this scripture–out loud of possible–until the “feeling” of fear subsides:
No weapon formed against me shall prosper.
This is a sure promise we can boldly and joyfully claim from Isaiah 54:17. 🙂

Francy
Francy
February 19, 2016 9:33 AM

Martin Schramm,

Well, in regards to your question, I felt at peace until I saw his eyes… and since then I have not been able to enter God’s presence due to fear. So I guess I felt an unholy fear since God will not make me feel fearful to seek Him. If you can, please pray for me! I do not want to be fearful to enter such a wonderful experience with God. Thank you for your comment.

Francy
Francy
February 19, 2016 9:25 AM

Willy,

Thank you for your response. I saw the picture of Jesus and I was surprised it did not look as who came to visit. The eyes looked very similar but I’m now confused. I suppose you are right in suggesting that the visitation was not from Him. Since then, I’ve had fear of attempting to enter God’s presence. Please pray for me! I’m new born again Christian and I’m not experienced on these things. Thank you so much for your reply. I really needed clarification.

Willy
Willy
February 20, 2016 12:11 AM
Hi again Francy, Jesus seems to appear differently as He decides, so the painting is nice to enjoy, but it is not scripture. We need to work on eliminating that fear. 2 Timothy 1:7 “For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid (fearful), but gives us power, love and self-discipline” (NIV). Or “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind” (KJV). Good verse to memorize. Security in Jesus: Always remember that God loves you and protects you. Some rightfully say God loves us right where we are in life. He does. However, He loves us too much to leave us alone in that condition. Many new believers experience a honeymoon with Jesus for a time which is very enjoyable, then a time comes to grow which is always good just not always comfortable or pleasant just like natural life. The later is better just different and we partner with Him in our growth. He will bring you and all of us into Christ likeness manifested in us as we grow in Him (Bible says from glory to glory- Somewhat like one level of growth to another). You are in His hand and nothing in any realm, physical or spiritual, can ever separate us from His love. I suggest re-reading and memorizing Proverbs 3:5-6 again and reading Romans 8:37-39. Evaluating the supernatural: Always evaluate a visitation of any type in light of scripture as He will NEVER violate His written word. This also includes dreams, visions, voices, and all other supernatural occurrences including miracles. 2 Corinthians 3:17 “freedom” is a good start for comparison as you learn more of Him via His written word and what He does daily with you. 2 Cor. 3:17 “Now… Read more »
Francy
Francy
February 20, 2016 6:56 AM

Willy,

I deeply thank you for your guidance. Soon after I became a born again Christian I was given a message via a scripture that stated to seek wisdom and guidance. I feel in my heart it’s no coincidence that you have been so generous in giving such guidance, ( I don’t have a church or congregation to go to that could really guide me) so for that I thank you immensely!
I have copied your post and will study it and especially memorizing the scriptures you suggested. I also trust your guidance was an answer to my prayers about needing help rebutting the devil.
Once away Willy, thank you so much for all of your help. God bless.
P.S> just writing this reply has filled my heart with such warmth, peace and joy. That could only come from God. As if He’s pleased with what has transpired here.

Willy
Willy
February 20, 2016 1:39 PM

Great. Thank you. That is encouragement for me.
You are thinking and preparing like the warrior you are in Christ. Keep preparing for battle. Sometimes we fight the enemy and circumstances as an adult warrior (in our eyes and His) where God fights through us as we apply what He taught us. Other times we fight as a much loved child (in His eyes and ours) whose Father fights for us as we rest safely and watch. Both ways can be exciting and adventurous, just different. And both ways can feel or seem mundane or excruciatingly slow at times, but He is always working in us to grow.

We are like a tree planted next to water where some of the most important growth comes when the roots are going deeper into the ground but the portion visible to human eyes does not seem to change much. Eventually however, when the root system is ready and strong, great changes can occur quickly to the tree above ground and the tree still withstand many storms. The Holy Spirit teaches us all things and reminds us of what He taught us. Psalm 1, Psalm 23 and John 14:26.
Peace to you Francy.

Stacy
Stacy
February 19, 2016 12:02 AM

My 16 year old daughter had a very intense rapture dream I plan to post soon with her permission first…but she did mention another dream where she saw a large tidal wave coming for us and that in the dream I told her “its okay Jesus Is coming we’ll be okay” then she feels the feeling of drowning….very opposite and not warm and fuzzy like last one….any thoughts?

Rachel Baxter
February 18, 2016 10:01 PM
I am so thankful to join all of you in proclaiming that God IS ABSOLUTELY pouring out His spirit in these times that we are now living in! I don’t share the following to brag, for there is nothing good in me except what comes from the Lord. It is all to His glory for His purposes! For me it started with hearing His voice speak to my heart, then I heard His voice audibly, them I began having dreams and closed visions (pictures with my eyes closed not of my own imagination) then a couple of amazing open visions (seeing scenes in the physical that are not physical), then beginning to be able to see in the Spirit more regularly, then most recently seeing Jesus and even feeling His touch and being taken to heavenly places in my spirit. I believe that God wants to be in relationship with every one of us. It is why we were created. The more that we press into Him, forsaking our flesh, the closer we move to the Lord and the more of Himself He will reveal. I believe that when we enter into covenant with Him, accepting that He is our God and we are His people, and asking for His will to be done on this earth today, He desires to co-labor with us and that means the power of the Holy Spirit becomes available to us in greater and greater ways, all for His glory and purposes not ours. I believe that He wants to teach us. Scripture speaks of being present in heavenly places while still being on this earth. I believe that means that He can teach us to walk in the Spirit and not in the flesh. We can be walking on this earth living out… Read more »
Danielle Patton