We Are in This Season of the False Prophets and False Teachers

foggy_lake

In a vision on December 12, I was carried by the Spirit to a large cave high up in the mountains. I saw a very large opening at the entrance of the cave overlooking a beautiful lake with tall mountains on the opposite side. There was something like a light mist or thin cloud covering the lake and mountains.

It was very beautiful and at first I thought this was a good thing. Then I heard the Lord say, “This is a spirit of stupor released over the people in many places.”

I thought about what Paul wrote:

“What then? Israel has not obtained what it seeks; but the elect have obtained it, and the rest were blinded. Just as it is written: ‘God has given them a spirit of stupor, eyes that they should not see and ears that they should not hear, to this very day.’” (Romans 11:7-8)

Do we have eyes that cannot see and ears which cannot hear? I pray that this is not true of you and me. I pray that our spiritual eyes and ears are open wide even as our hearts are open to perceive what the Lord is doing and what He is calling us to do.

Suddenly the vision completely shifted. I don’t know where I was, but as I looked up, I saw an open portal into Heaven. It seemed very close and I was trying to see into Heaven as I pressed in to move through the portal, but dark clouds kept coming across the open portal and blocking my view. I prayed and they departed, but only to be replaced by more clouds.

Then the Holy Spirit let me understand. Heaven is open for you and me right now, but false teachers and false prophets are trying to block us from seeing, hearing, and experiencing the things of Heaven. I thought about what Peter wrote:

“But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction. And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed. By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words; for a long time their judgment has not been idle, and their destruction does not slumber.” (2 Peter 2:1-3)

Then I saw false teachers and false prophets being removed. We have entered another season of this removal process. We will see many being removed and now is the time to pray for all those who have been caught up in false teachings. We need to pray intently for those who have been deceived into spreading these false things.

We are in this season of the false prophets and false teachers. We must not be deceived. We must stay alert and continue to press through to the truth. I was reminded of what Jesus said:

“For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive eventheelect—if that were possible. See, I have told you ahead of time.” (Matthew 24:24-25)

We have been warned and the responsibility for dealing with it has been given to us. Are you ready to breakthrough to the truth and to the good things of Heaven? If you are, you must continue to press in and stay close to the Spirit of Truth. Remember what Jesus said:

“However, when He, the Spirit of Truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.” (John 16:13)

I was shown people near the open portal who were being attacked by a few small ants. They became so focused on dealing with the ants that they lost sight of the open portal. For many people, little things are being overblown and many are becoming so focused on the little attacks they cannot see the provision and blessing of the Lord. I thought about what Peter wrote:

“Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed. If you are insulted because of the name of Christ, you are blessed, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you.” (1 Peter 4:12-14)

The attacks we are experiencing can result in joy and glory if we do not get distracted. It is important in this season to continue to stand strong with the Lord.

As I thought about this, I saw intercessors just inside the open portal praying for all who are going through these attacks. As they prayed, they seemed to be experiencing so much peace that it was glowing around them. This is the blessing over the intercessors in this season. It is the Shalom Glory of the Lord coming over them.

Then I saw other people carrying large plates of food to people in need. The plates had all kinds of delicious food and fruit to restore those depleted in their struggles against the enemy and the flesh. The people who were giving to help others all had great smiles on their faces and I became aware that they were covered with the Joy Glory of the Lord.

Does your heart desire the Shalom and Joy of the Lord? Praying and giving are the keys to receiving these awesome gifts from the Lord in this season. May you always be covered, filled and overflowing with the Shalom and Joy of the Lord! I pray this in the mighty name of Yeshua ha Messiach! Amen and Amen!!!!

Pastor James Durham

Author: Pastor James Durham

After serving almost 30 years as an active duty army Chaplain, James retired at the rank of Colonel. Before and after his military service, he was a pastor and church planter for more than thirteen years. In 2010, James and his wife, Gloria, moved to Columbia, South Carolina in order to write books, teach seminars, and mentor many spiritual sons and daughters around the world. James is a graduate of Oklahoma State University with a Bachelors Degree in Psychology; Perkins School of Theology, Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas with a Master’s degree in Theology, and the US Army Command and General Staff College.

Donate with any major credit or debit card.
For other payment methods, click here.

Carmackian
Carmackian
December 18, 2016 11:38 am
I enjoyed reading this. Thx you pastor. I just delivered the eulogy at my uncle ponchos funeral yesterday to over 100 people and family members… Mostly agnostic and atheists. Poncho recieved Christ 6 weeks ago. I used his testimony to convict them. I could feel the Holy Spirit moving throughout the room. Afterwards people would come up and say thank you and that they were moved by it. Some said it was the most powerful thing they had ever heard in their entire lives. These people were desperate for the word of God like a person stranded in a desert is desperate for water. People of all ages responded but especially the middle and older folks. (I sensed that The younger generation were still in a bit of a fog… From having so little seeds sewed into them in the past. Sadly This world and this country has really done a number on them in the past 20 years…) The people were so thirsty for truth . I felt totally inadequate and undeserving to speak to them … But I did it anyways and I didn’t mix words. I came on a mission fully armed. The Lord prompted me on exactly what to say and many of them were crying and some were even speechless. The Lord presented them with a crystal clear decision. They all now know the truth today whether they have accepted it or not. There wasn’t a person in that room who didn’t feel their soul stirring in their body. It’s amazing when the living God shows up. Now they will have to work out their own salvation with fear and trembling…. And they cannot say that they didn’t know. The Lord made that clear yesterday. They know. It was an amazing blessing to sew these… Read more »
Matt Smith
Matt Smith
December 18, 2016 3:51 pm

What a great testimony Carmackin.

Tammy Larson
Tammy Larson
December 18, 2016 8:32 pm

God Bless you this really touched me!

Katie Troutman
Katie Troutman
December 18, 2016 5:00 pm

God bless you Carmackian!

Corrine
December 18, 2016 4:12 pm

Carmackian, thank you for sharing! Wow! Praise the Lord what an awesome testimony.
Blessings, Corrine

Peggy A.
December 20, 2016 9:14 pm

Well, Carmackian, you’re up to SIXTY Thumbs up…….Congrats…….just 20 more and you’ll tie your 80 post.

Question: Would you be willing to share what triggered your conversion from being an atheist? It would be helpful in witnessing to atheists. Thanks, if possible.

michelle gibson
michelle gibson
December 18, 2016 7:17 am

I was reading my bible one morning and had an open vision were all these people were carrying buckets of water up a hill to a small village of people on top of a mountain. Some were carrying one bucket half full, some were carrying one bucket that was full, other were carrying two buckets maybe half full and I looked and saw myself and I was carrying two buckets full and overflowing and I said to the Lord, that does not seem fair why are some carrying so little and I am carrying so much, and he said, “Because you can.” well that was a WOW! moment. He also told me the other people were doing all they could also. And the people on the mountain did not know how to come down so we had to bring it to them. This is how we should be about spreading the good news, we should not look at what others are doing but focus on what the Lord has called us to do. Thanks for the word pastor James

Elizabeth
Elizabeth
December 18, 2016 11:43 am
This warning is so timely and so vital. I cannot think of any threat that the Body of Christ needs to be more alert to at this time. The Lord Himself named ‘deception’ as the most widespread and dangerous threat to His church in the end times. Over and over again He warned us. Have we taken this seriously? Can we even comprehend or be willing to accept how seductive, wise, beautiful and knowledgeable the voices of so many of today’s “Christian / Hebrew / Prophetic / Teaching / Apostalic / YouNameIt!” leaders might ‘appear’? Dear God, help us! How much we need you Wisdom to navigate and discern all the voices around us, or in many cases, to just shut them off altogether, and seek His Word and Wisdom alone! In the last two weeks alone, the Holy Spirit has suddenly exploded my understanding of how great the deception around us really is – in every arena! There truly is a custom-deceiver for every group and stream. They come in all forms and flavours, and creep out from every corner, often in beautiful Christ-like fashion. It all began when a sudden thought dropped into my mind, and kept recurring. The thought was this: “It is THIS year (2016/2017) that is the Jubilee year.” For me to even think this was strange, since all the ‘experts’ had declared that the Jubilee year was last year, ending in early October 2016. But this idea kept popping into my mind and wouldn’t leave. I kept feeling prodded to investigate this, so did an internet search, and sure enough… There is a legitimate debate occurring on this issue. In this search, two specific videos convey this most clearly, and I’m now personally convinced that – yes – the Jubilee on God’s calendar began… Read more »
December 18, 2016 1:15 pm

Thanks Elizabeth. I agree because I have been getting some shocking new insights too, which are all about false prophets and false teachers. We must stop seeking new prophetic revelations from others and start seeking to get right with our heavenly Father. He alone is our refuge.

Anto
Anto
December 18, 2016 11:56 pm

James,

If it’s ok with Holy Spirit, can you share it with us?

I have read the journal and it’s really shocking me.

December 19, 2016 11:33 am

Just waiting for the right words and right time to share more, but by the grace of God I believe I have been given a more scriptural perspective on the prophetic ministry.

Rowena O
Rowena O
December 18, 2016 5:20 pm

Absolutely!

cheryl Lara
cheryl Lara
January 4, 2017 3:27 am

I have been getting nothing but false prophets for two -years about the rapture being 2016 -and then i saw James Baileys post showing it’s just not true –that rapture would happen sometime in 2020 -so i stopped posting the rapture and end times warnings ever since i read your post James Bailey -I felt you truly hear from God -so your date must be right -we have three more years to go -so let’s stop posting false information..God wants us to hear him more clearly, a lot can happen in three years -GB

January 4, 2017 2:01 pm

I have never claimed the rapture happens in 2020. I had a dream about an unrighteous woman rising to power in the United States at that time. I have not been shown any dates for the rapture, but have shared speculative guesses that it might be sometime in the 2030’s. That is not something I have received from God, just my own estimate.

Denny Cooper
Denny Cooper
December 18, 2016 9:11 pm

This is very timely for these very days we are living in. I would imagine to say most “Christians” are not hearing from Holy Spirit as they seek the best answers to individual concerns online in this www of deciet and trickery. These are the days best spent dwelling in our quiet places and on our humble knees in heartfelt direction for the truth and guidance that can only be directed supernaturally and effectively so. I have been finding so much more enlightement and timely leading in prayer and His written Word more than ever. Many are roving about for knowledge, and may our prayers be upon those, ourselves included, to not be carried away by doctrines of men, demons and tossed about by the waves of this age. Let us keep our feet firmply planted on The Rock that is Salvation.

December 18, 2016 10:33 pm

Amen! Amen! Amen!

Peggy A.
December 19, 2016 6:14 pm
This is by SUSAN DAVIS of Indiana: Dear Followers of CHRIST: Shopping for an end times church… Most people see a church that looks like it has it all together by the appearance of the building, the programs run, and the overall “packaging” of the church. However, don’t be deceived in this late hour–most churches preach a “partial” CHRIST–or a “sorta-kinda” CHRIST… They just do not want “all” of CHRIST. Most churches, mainstream and new age, want to focus on certain aspects of CHRIST and not others. I have found this to be true in ALL of my church experiences. I have been to churches that had great worship and liked to promote spiritual gifts but would not say a word about end times. Then I have been to churches that were studying Revelations and end times but would not discuss the Baptism of the HOLY SPIRIT at all. And another church I went to was big on worship but also big on worldly prosperity…. So here is a basic check list of things that CHRIST is big on ALL THE TIME: 1: Baptism of the HOLY SPIRIT (and the manifestations of the HOLY SPIRIT that follow through spiritual giftings) 2: Fear of GOD (the beginning of understanding); repentance; hell is real. 3: Outreach (promoting CHRIST to other people) 4: End Times (seeing the signs and knowing the hour) 5: Holiness (Surrendering to the Will of the FATHER; spot- and wrinkle-free garments; being sanctified) 6: Understanding the Bible through the eyes of the HOLY SPIRIT 7: Deliverance ministry (casting out demons by the power of CHRIST) 8: Intimacy with GOD: FATHER; SON; HOLY SPIRIT (being the bride of CHRIST: knowing CHRIST vs. “I never knew you”) 9: Healing (GOD is still in the healing business: wholeness of mind; body; spirit)… Read more »
Grace
Grace
December 20, 2016 12:08 pm

This is so true and so well stated! I have never, in my entire life, been to a church that has all the above Biblical elements. Therefore, I suppose, I am responsible to be that church to others in my sphere to the extent I am able!

Peggy A.
December 20, 2016 12:29 pm

By the grace of God, my fellowship embodies just about ALL!

Jesse Terrelle
Jesse Terrelle
December 19, 2016 10:58 am

Today is December 19–the day the electors vote. May GOD’s holy, perfect will be done—whatever it is. Amen.

Peggy A.
December 19, 2016 11:08 am
Jesse Terrelle
Jesse Terrelle
December 19, 2016 12:18 pm

Thanks so much, Peggy. We’ll see what happens. GOD bless you!

Peggy A.
December 19, 2016 6:11 am
A word through ALI WINTERS (awatchmanonthewall) MONDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2016 “You have been warned; With bit and bridle they will come for you. A bit to silence your voice, a bridle to lead you in the way of their choosing. It will come slowly. Many will take no notice until it becomes too late to react. My children must not be caught off guard. Opposition to My Word will gradually lead more and more churches toward the wide road that leads to destruction. In days ahead, do not accept nor tolerate voices that speak contrary to My Word, and there will be many. I have given you authority and power over evil yet too many of you are standing by wringing your hands, shaking your heads and wondering what to do. Pray in the Spirit. Pray for discernment. Pray that Holy Spirit will guide you into all Truth. Do not be made a fool by the foolish among you. Be wise as serpents, harmless as doves. Take no thought ( do not be worried) for tomorrow but be wise to the tricks and schemes of the evil one. We must redeem the time for the days are evil, (Ephesians 5:16). Write, make it plain to those with ears to hear, eyes to see make it plain. The sins of this nation ignored now boil over without regard for any. What was once tolerated will be tolerated no longer. What you find acceptable, I accept no longer.” This word was received 16 December, 2016. On 18 December my friend Benjamin Faircloth delivered a powerful message…. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OwtJPYoSU7I ‘…Truly I tell you that if anyone SAYS to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and has no doubt in his heart but believes that it will happen, it will be… Read more »
Sherry
Sherry
December 19, 2016 10:41 am

I send a lot of these to my Pastor but nothing seems to change. Pastor Faircloth’s sermon was powerful yesterday too.

Peggy A.
December 19, 2016 10:46 am

Well, Sherry, you’re trying to do your part.
That’s a good thing. Perhaps you could pray about others (even lay-people; ordinary people) that you could send the warnings to, in addition?

Sherry
Sherry
December 19, 2016 11:59 am

Peggy,
I sure have been doing that too. There are a couple that seem to get it but not too many. It seems so many are too busy with their lives and living with blinders on to see what is really going on around them. But when I read Ali, Jeff, and others I do get encouragement. Pastor Faircloth sure keeps me grounded and helps stir the Holy Spirit in me. Things are changing in my life and that is a good thing. For a long time there was only little glow in my soul but now I feel it is starting to shine brighter. I really appreciate this site and few others that are helping me grow. Thank you all!

Peggy A.
December 19, 2016 1:17 pm

Sherry,
Here’s a short video by PAUL WASHER called “On Being Busy.”
I heard a Pastor say recently, “We wear BUSY like a badge.”
The Bible says, “Be STILL and know that I am God.”

Julie Bucker
December 18, 2016 5:48 pm

I am so happy to be finally feeling peace. I am so grateful for God’s peace, and His grace. He will make our burdens light as we strive to love others and let Him love us. His peace surpasseth all understanding.

Sandra
Sandra
December 18, 2016 12:28 pm

I have been studying the bible a lot lately and have had some personal breakthrough about this revival stuff! Christians right now are like the Jews wandering around the desert and that come to the promised land. We could have been in the promised land of revival already but we are just too chicken to go in and possess the land that we have been promised. We see the Giants and choose to loiter around in the desert longer, instead of trusting God to protect us and fight for us. We complain about being in the desert but if we were obedient, we wouldn’t still be in the desert. Once in the promised land, we will have to be circumcised (water baptised), to prove that we accept this new covanent that we have made with God. Those not willing to be circumcised will be killed off for not obeying.

We have to believe and act with certainty that Jesus really did die for our deliverance, salvation, infirmities, etc… and not “hope” that he did.

James U
James U
December 19, 2016 12:02 pm

Dream – Days of Grace Ending December 18

In this dream I saw 12/18. I also heard a man talk and he said, “December 18th is the day when the days of grace will end and Jesus is coming very soon.”, and I woke up. When I got up and looked at the clock the time was 12:18 and I realized the date was December 18.

Jesuslives 444

Sandra
Sandra
December 19, 2016 8:48 pm

The video mentions December 18-25th and I learnt today that the pagan holiday called Saturnalia is celebrated from the 17th-23th. December 22 is the winter solstice and a ritual sacrifice day. December 24/25 are also ritual dates.
I saw a post that was showing that Saturn was the god also regarded as “father time”. Pope Francis is on TIME magazines cover dated December 23rd and his birthday is December 17th!

Gary Lee
Gary Lee
December 19, 2016 4:04 pm

Thanks James U. I looked at that Youtube and was startled at the picture. I saw that exact picture during prayer on Dec 16 (3days ago) and didn’t have a clue as to the meaning. I think God is saying as of Dec 18 play time is over and expect things to begin to happen whether large or small at first.GB

Bob Adolph
December 19, 2016 2:15 pm

WOW, James U, thanks for sharing. We may be in for some shocking events in the very near future. Perhaps today’s electoral voting will be the first big shock?! I hope all will listen to Diana Pulliams message given as a link today here at Z3. If you have been confused about all the conflicting messages Diana cleared it all up for me.

Natalie
Natalie
December 19, 2016 3:59 pm

Bob there’s already been some shocking events just today alone including:

1) A terrorist attack in Berlin where a truck crashed into a Christmas market…nine people dead and 50 injured thus far
2) Three people shot at an Islamic centre/mosque in Zurich, Switzerland
3) Russian ambassador to Turkey shot by a 22 year old who was one of his security detail.

Sky news is struggling to keep up with all the breaking news! I’m telling you Bob this is only the start. The beginning of the end is upon us as I suspected. That its the 19th December is also very significant as I have had the Holy Spirit impress that number on me in the past three months since September 19th and the etection of that arc of triumph in New York. Interestingly enough, the arc of triumph was erected in London on 19th April. Moreover when I did some research two months ago, I discovered that Pope Francis was formally inaugurated on 19th March and I’ve been saying that I believe he is the last Pope before Jesus returns.

Bob Adolph
December 19, 2016 9:47 pm

Yes, Natalie, thanks for reminding me. We hear so many messages. This is very significant. We are in a Jubilee year and it’s within a “generation” of 1948 which began the end times and its the Jewish year 5777. We could see events happen day after day! What a exciting time to be alive if you have a copy of the “program”.