“I will restore everything that has been stolen and I will contend with those who contend with you.”

There is a story in the book of 2 Chronicles chapter 20 about a righteous King named Jehoshaphat. He received a report that there was an army coming to wage war against him. As he stood up in the assembly of the people of Judah and Jerusalem, he said to the Lord, “Power and might are in your hand, and no one can withstand you”.

He reminded the Lord how He drove out the inhabitants of the land before His people Israel, and was convinced that He will do it again. He said,

“We will stand in your presence before this temple that bears your name and will cry out to you in our distress, and you will hear us and save us. For we have no power to face this vast army that is attacking us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on you.”

The Holy Spirit is showing me that many of you are crying out in the same way that King Jehoshaphat did. You are telling the Lord that you don’t know what to do as you see the armies of the enemy rising up against you from every side. In the natural your situation seems impossible to overcome. Fear has gripped your hearts and you are focusing on this ungodly intrusion. King Jehoshaphat knew he was not able to do accomplish this battle in his own strength. As this vast army was coming to annihilate them, he did not respond in panic or fear but as He inquired of the Lord through prayer, and the Lord responded. The Spirit of the Lord came upon Jahaziel and he prophesied;

“This is what the Lord says: ‘Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God’s. You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you, Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the Lord will be with you.'”

The Lord says;

“Do not be afraid of what you see in the natural, but trust Me in every battle. Trust Me with your life and as you do, you will also see your enemies defeated. The powers of darkness will not overtake you, and the life threatening situations will not take your life. The financial situations you are facing will not deplete you. As you trust Me, you will come out victorious on every side,” says the Lord.

The scripture goes on to say, the next morning, Jehoshaphat said to the people: “Believe in the Lord your God, and you shall be established; believe His prophets, and you shall prosper.”

He then appointed men to sing to the Lord and to praise Him for the splendor of His holiness as they went out at the head of the army, saying: “Give thanks to the Lord, for His love endures forever.”

As they began to sing and praise, the Lord set ambushes against their enemy, and they even turned against one another. Every one of them was destroyed and not one escaped.

When Jehoshaphat and his people came to take away their spoil, they found among them an abundance of valuables on the dead bodies, and precious jewelry, which they stripped off for themselves, more than they could carry away; and they were three days gathering the spoil because there was so much.

The Lord says;

“In this same way, you will regain the territory that has been stolen from you, as you simply trust Me. You are not fighting against flesh and blood, so allow Me to fight for you as you lift up your voice in praise. I will restore everything that has been stolen and I will contend with those who contend with you. As you take up your petitions and stand firm, you will also experience My victory and deliverance,” says the Lord.

Scripture References:

O our God, will You not judge them? For we have no power against this great multitude that is coming against us; nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon You. (2 Chronicles 20:12)

You will not need to fight in this battle. Position yourselves, stand still and see the salvation of the Lord, who is with you, O Judah and Jerusalem!’ Do not fear or be dismayed; tomorrow go out against them, for the Lord is with you. (2 Chronicles 20:17)

Then they returned, every man of Judah and Jerusalem, with Jehoshaphat in front of them, to go back to Jerusalem with joy, for the Lord had made them rejoice over their enemies. (2 Chronicles 20:27)

Elaine Tavolacci

Author: Elaine Tavolacci

After what she has endured in her past, Elaine Tavolacci’s life is a sign and a wonder, an amazing testimony of how God has healed, delivered, restored, renewed, and set her free indeed. She shares teachings and prophetic words on her website, A Word in Season and her Facebook page.

Kirk
Kirk
May 3, 2018 2:35 PM

Thank you Elaine for this encouraging and timely word! I am in this exact position right now where the battle is beyond me and my resources. But this encourages me to stand anyway and let God do His thing.

Jeff W
Jeff W
May 3, 2018 6:54 PM

Hang in there Kirk, it sounds like you’re in a place maybe a bit like I was recently. Keep trusting Father; I tell you He will come through for you.

Yawchal
Yawchal
May 4, 2018 11:21 AM

Yes, Kirk, to stand. But I do believe one of the major keys was PRAISE!
The singers went out AHEAD of the army. As they began to SING, the Lord began to work!!
The LORD INHABITS the Praises of His people
Remember Paul and Silas in prison. At midnight they began to SING and once again, God did a mighty miracle!!!

Even if we are tone deaf and are told that we can’t carry a tune in a bucket,
we Must Sing!!!
For unto Him it is a joyful sound when sing unto Him from our hearts.
Make a joyful noise unto Him, and He will respond 🙂

Blessings

JWSmith
JWSmith
May 3, 2018 5:41 PM

I need prayer in this.
The battle at my doorstep and there have been pennies thrown at me for what damage has been done. I NEED RESTORATION.
LORD, WHERE IS THE RESTORATION?
Where are your promises?

I continue to need prayer- I am faced with that army today, tomorrow and this weekend. I have bought all the time I could and have been obedient, despite failings.

I pray for that intercession.

May 3, 2018 8:29 PM

Thanks for making your request known JWSmith. The restoration is yours if you continue standing firm faith. God will fight in your behalf, even when it looks hopeless, just like this prophecy from Jahaziel.

“This is what the Lord says: ‘Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God’s. He went on to say: You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you, Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the Lord will be with you.’”
John Barry
John Barry
May 4, 2018 6:48 AM

Brother JWSmith , I was lifting you up this morning . May I ask if you have asked GOD what your calling / job & gifts are ? I am hearing GOD is working something in your life but you are looking in the wrong direction , HE has something HE wants you to do and you need to ask what it is . I felt great love for you but that you are going in the wrong direction / you are not seeing what GOD wants you to see , your mission , which is going to blow you away in a good way . The LORD says to calm your mind and seek HIM for the path HE has for you and it is not what you think it is now . Think outside the box & seek HIS voice , Forgive me if I am out of line in advance and many Blessings .

JWSmith
JWSmith
May 4, 2018 1:16 PM

Shortly after posting this request, the tables were turned and a direction was provided- in my attorney’s own words, “something has happened, they have completely changed their position.” Needless to say, I was blown away.

I have completely placed this in His hands and the pressure has truly been on. And continue to petition for a blessed outcome.

John- I have many gifts that I feel are under-utalized. That is why this message posted by Lana was powerful to me. https://z3news.com/w/linger-entrust-secrets-heart/ I feel called to wait until the appropriate time to engage in the directions I feel called to develop. I will surrender moreso, perhaps more answers will come.

May 4, 2018 3:31 PM

That’s great news JWSmith. Thanks for sharing.

jerry rigg
May 4, 2018 10:55 AM

Kind of interesting….I heard a sermon once on …”what to do when you dont know what to do”……Preacher says do 3 things…1)Admit it 2)Petition heaven
3) Wait to hear a clear word from the Lord …………..If this helps I pass this on to you brother. Sermon given had this scripture used as context.

Mikey H
Mikey H
May 3, 2018 2:30 PM

Thanks Elaine, I have been praying around our RDD trade and meditating on the promise of God, and just yesterday this very vs came to me ….. “and they were three days gathering the spoil because there was so much.”

Hallelujah, thank you Lord. May the finances be used wisely for the extension of the Kingdom and furtherance of the Gospel.

Christine Beadsworth
May 3, 2018 3:48 PM

That is a wonderful scripture, Mikey!

LilyLamb
LilyLamb
May 4, 2018 3:54 AM

Thank you Jesus and Elaine for that post. I have been under much severe attacks these days even the work of my hand for the Lord were under attack. Then last night I have heard this from the LORD:”why don’t you allow the God of Army to fight for you?” God was referring to the fact that someone has come to tell me to look for my deliverance against these spiritual attacks from a pastor of her church. Since 2015, I have made the Lord my protector and saviour. I have kept faith in hiim that he will not forsake or fail me. I have even stopped all my medical treatment and God has healed from various sicknesses. Thank you Lord for that word of confirmation that you are the one that I need to look for and the one who will fight for me. I have to also share with you that I have noticed that in these days of afflictions and attacks from the enemy God has shown up greatly in my life…his favors are also coming from various sides and I kept thanking him for blessing me through his people without me asking. Am simply doing his job for free and praying for those he send me etc..

We definitely have a Good Good Father looking at us & caring for us all from Heaven. All praises go to you Lord. Amen.

Donna Bryant Sikes
Donna Bryant Sikes
May 3, 2018 5:34 PM

Thank you. My spirit has been wired today. I heard ‘things will never be the same again’ on May 2 in the middle of the night. I was looking at verses, esp. Revelation 18 where Babylon has fallen. I knew this word was over destruction. I finally sat in the rope swing today and asked God to give me His peace. I fell into a deep sleep for about an hour. Then with pad and pen in hand I asked the Lord to please give me more information. I looked down at the pad and saw where on April 12 I had written ‘the word Hawaii came to me and I don’t yet understand’. I had prayed about it but didn’t hear anything else. Under that I had written Matthew 7:7. Sometimes I’m like the keystone copper running around, flailing my hands, yelling ‘everybody remain calm’! I appreciate this post today.

jerry rigg
May 4, 2018 10:52 AM

Just a thought….will things ever be the same again for those people in Hawaii after this eruption taking place?

Donna Bryant Sikes
Donna Bryant Sikes
May 4, 2018 1:31 PM

That could be if it continues as it has been. We’ve been praying all night and today for the land and the people, but God’s will be done.

Jay Gibson
Jay Gibson
May 4, 2018 11:56 AM

All Praise, All Glory, and Eternal Honor to my Heavenly Father and Almighty God!!! Thank you Sister Elaine for the encouraging word. I’ve lost much over the recent five years ( 24 year marriage) but I know my Father will restore and bless me many times over because He is Good and Faithful.

jerry rigg
May 4, 2018 10:58 AM

By faith I claim this scripture and promise…especially the part….”I will contend with those who contend with you”…………Im going through something at work that I think this scripture applies.

Sandra
Sandra
May 4, 2018 9:00 PM

Study about high praises and worship

Marcio Ferez Jr.
Marcio Ferez Jr.
May 3, 2018 7:07 PM

Thank you, Elaine. Yesterday, I commented about praying if I should sell XLR crypto to buy more Reddcoin. The answer was confirmed in a special way.

I then prayed about what BTC price I should sell this RDD, since I did not want to add it to my previous order. I finally decided to open up the Bible and whatever two digit chapter number I see, that will be the number to enter. I opened it to “And Jehoshaphat rested with his fathers, and was buried with his fathers in the City of David…” 2 Chonicles 21:1. I was glad to read Jehoshaphat rested with is fathers. He was blessed. So my second RDD sell price was 0.00021 BTC. Then today, your post confirmed it for me. God bless.

jerry rigg
May 22, 2018 8:47 PM

….I will contend with those who contend with you…..I like that one. Knowing when to let the Lord fight for us and lifting up praise while taking a stand makes all the difference.