Remnant Breaking Free From Hopeless Wisdom of the World

empty_carousel

Today there was a great deal of angelic activity in our home and the Presence of the Lord was very strong in the worship room during my time of praise and supplication.

My heart was so hungry for the Lord that I went face down after praying in the Spirit for several minutes. I began to cry out to know what the Father is saying today that we can say and what He is doing that we can do. Suddenly, I was given a vision of a huge carousel. The animals on the carousel seemed to have life in them and were causing children to fall from their backs. I prayed for wisdom to understand.

The Holy Spirit began to reveal to me that the carousel was like a parable of the current wisdom being expressed by the leaders of the natural order. Most of their teachings are going round and round, but getting nowhere. I thought about these verses from 1 Corinthians:

However, we speak wisdom among those who are mature, yet not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory, which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.” The children represented a generation coming up now which will no longer tolerate the foolishness expressed in the wisdom of the world. (1 Corinthians 2:6-8)

I saw a horse carrying a child as it turned and leapt off of the carousel platform. The Holy Spirit revealed that some adults are breaking free from the hopeless wisdom of the world. They will be the ones to guide and help this new generation to embrace the truth of the Lord. They will be free from the things and people of this age who are coming to nothing.

I thought about the next verse in 1 Corinthians:

But as it is written: ‘Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him. (1 Corinthians 2:9)

The Lord’s provision for us is too wonderful for us to even fully comprehend now. This calls for faith. The question is: will we trust the Lord to open our eyes, ears and hearts to the wisdom which He alone can give?

The good news: the Lord has not left us without hope or help. Consider this message:

“But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.” (1 Corinthians 2:10-12)

Look closely at this powerful message in 1 Corinthians:

“These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.” (1 Corinthians 2:13-14)

Like Paul we can declare, “But we have the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 1:16).

In this season, the Lord has given us a powerful teacher. Yeshua has already revealed it and promised this blessing to all believers. I am praying for the Spirit of truth to come to each of us and guide our hearts and minds in the wisdom of the Lord. I am praying for us to be set free from the wisdom of the world and from the teachings of leaders who are coming to nothing.

May you have the mind of Christ and receive the full promise of the Lord:

“But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you.” (John 16:13-14)

I pray these things in the mighty name of Yeshua ha Messiach! Amen and Amen!!!

Pastor James Durham

Author: Pastor James Durham

After serving almost 30 years as an active duty army Chaplain, James retired at the rank of Colonel. Before and after his military service, he was a pastor and church planter for more than thirteen years. In 2010, James and his wife, Gloria, moved to Columbia, South Carolina in order to write books, teach seminars, and mentor many spiritual sons and daughters around the world. James is a graduate of Oklahoma State University with a Bachelors Degree in Psychology; Perkins School of Theology, Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas with a Master’s degree in Theology, and the US Army Command and General Staff College.

Ken Harbeson
Ken Harbeson
September 2, 2016 1:20 PM

I prayed this morning and asked the Lord to help me not to come up with my own opinion while talking with others but to speak and feel as Christ did. To speak with love and not of preconceived notions or thoughts. Sometimes In the flesh we have a hard time doing or understanding these things. Lord I pray you give us the wisdom, knowledge, and patience to speak as you would have us speak and have the actions you would have us do. In Jesus name Amen. This was a word I needed to hear. Thank you Pastor James.

Robin Benoit
September 2, 2016 1:06 PM

Coincidentally, the last thing I have written in my journal 8/31/16 is the word ‘carousel.” I woke up in the morning with hearing that word . I knew the Lord was talking to me so I researched carousels . Historically, a carousel was used essentially as a cavalry training mechanism; it prepared and strengthened the riders for actual combat as they wielded their swords at the mock enemies. I believe the Lord was just letting me know that the battles I go through are preparing me and you to be a part of His endtime Army.

Ken Roberts
Ken Roberts
September 2, 2016 4:50 PM

Great insight, Robin! I can actually picture that training.

Michael Perritte
Michael Perritte
September 3, 2016 7:04 AM

We can do nothing in this hour without the Holy Spirit for He alone truly knows the heart of our Abba. It seems like a paradox but we must surrender that we might fight. Submit(surrender) to God, resist the devil in the power of the Holy Spirit and he will tuck his tail and run. In the natural it’s the loud, boisterous, intimidating ones that seem to have impact but in the spiritual it’s the humble and meek that send the enemy to flight for they are bold in Spirit and valiant in battle.

Kimberly G.
Kimberly G.
September 2, 2016 10:53 PM

Thank you for this word Pastor. In the past few days/weeks, it seems as if I’ve jumped off the carousel and quite frankly, I feel a bit lost–discombobulated. Of course, that makes total sense if you and your horse have been bolted to the floor and ceiling for so long! In my early morning devotional time, the Word and other devotionals (Spurgeon, Chambers) I’ve read without fail for over 20 years are suddenly becoming clear and understandable to the point of making me think–how can I just now be getting this?! And the result is that the things of the world are growing “strangely dim”. All this is awesome, but I’m not QUITE sure where to put all this fresh energy and devotion in my walking around life. In my 21st century speed, I want answers and I want them now. LOL. I am grateful to hear this very particular encouragement from a leader–to renounce that impulse to have all the answers and instead, simply, like a little child, “trust the Lord to open our eyes, ears and hearts to the wisdom which He alone can give.”

RSS
RSS
September 2, 2016 8:54 PM

Thank you Pastor Durham, for posting this. I know this is about adults but it makes me think of the children I saw walking to school this morning. I had such a heavy heart for them and prayed their minds be protected from any indoctrination at school. I realize there are wonderful teachers and good classes, but they are up against the powers of this world. Lord protect them.

Lee
Lee
September 2, 2016 12:08 PM

The Holy Spirit revealed that some adults are breaking free from the hopeless wisdom of the world. …..

Thank you very much Pastor Durham! We so need people to wake up to the TRUTH; about our true GOD and about the darkness that wields its’ power over us and the methods of deception being used.

The LORD gave me a desire to know, the determination to discover, the tirelessness to search and more and more understanding to put it all together. It sure isn’t a pretty picture in America and around the world, but SOMETHING is coming to a boil right now!

Jeff Byerly
September 3, 2016 9:00 AM

I believe this is a confirming word.

Miranda
September 3, 2016 2:48 PM

Beautiful! May the Lord prepare us and our hearts for His will to be done!! May He help us to walk in who we already are in Christ! Thank You Yeshua!! Amen!

Michael Perritte
Michael Perritte
September 3, 2016 7:41 AM

Both the sons of this world and the sons of God have been baptized into a spirit, but the spirit of the world and the Spirit which dwells in the hearts of twice-born men are as far apart as heaven and hell.

AW Tozer God’s Pursuit of Man

Cali
Cali
September 2, 2016 2:03 PM

Thank you Pastor James, beautiful and powerful Scripture

Paul Benson
September 3, 2016 8:49 PM

Amen Brother. May the wisdom and voice of the Holy Ghost guide us all in to the fullness of what God intends for us. May the body of Christ rise up and fulfill it’s destiny. What an exciting time to be living in!