Prophetic Voices of Confusion Abounding on YouTube

Just when I thought I had heard every possible prophetic outcome for the 2016 U.S. Presidential election, I heard a new one the other day and it really helped me.

Speaking with all sincerity, someone on YouTube shared how God told them there would be so much confusion after the electoral college vote on December 19 that Bill Clinton would be named President. Not Hillary, but Bill Clinton!

That statement was so ridiculous, so over the top, it took me a moment to process it because I had to simultaneously dismiss everything else I ever heard this person share. Either they completely misunderstood what they saw or heard, or they were tuned into the wrong channel because there is no way Bill Clinton will be named President. We can safely eliminate that possibility.

This helped me realize we are getting bombarded with confusion. God is not the author of confusion, so that means the enemy is having a heyday.

Many of us have learned to avoid the mainstream news media, which has proven to be nothing more than a propaganda machine for their corporate masters promoting their globalist agenda. But at least with CNN, NBC, CBS, and ABC we know to keep our guards up. But these false prophets are more dangerous because we assume we are listening to a trusted brother or sister. Then wham! We get clobbered with confusion.

Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, and Barack Obama cannot all be President at the same time, yet we have prophetic voices proclaiming all three will be President. This is just the short list, but it is plenty. Perhaps something will happen to help explain why this is happening, but it is safe to say not everyone who claims to have a word from God has heard from Him. We have been warned about this danger repeatedly in scriptures, especially regarding the generation living when the Lord returns, which is us.

• Jesus warned us at least three times to beware of false prophets (Matthew 24:5, 24:11, and 24:24).
  • The Apostle John instructed us, “Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.” (1 John 4:1-3)
  • The Apostle Paul instructed us to test everything and hold fast only to what is good. (1 Thessalonians 5:19-21)

We get ourselves into trouble because we abuse the prophetic gift. God never intended for it to be a crystal ball to show us the future. Seeking such knowledge is dangerous because it can cause us to rely on our own knowledge rather than God who has all knowledge.

We get ourselves into trouble because we seek answers from other people rather than God. He never intended us to be led by prophetic words received by other people. He requires us to have our own relationship with Him so we can hear from Him directly and be led by His Spirit directly (Romans 8:14). Then after He has revealed something to us, He sometimes confirms it through prophetic words shared by others.

The purpose for New Testament prophecy is edification, exhortation, and consolation (1 Corinthians 14:3). The Greek word translated as edification (οἰκοδομή oikodomē) is defined as a building or the act of building up. Buildings are built on something, a foundation. The foundation must exist first before anything can be built on it. Prophecy works the same way. It builds upon what is already in our heart. It is given to confirm what God has already put in us so our faith will be built up.

So when we hear prophetic words that go beyond what God has shown us, God does not expect us to do anything with it other than take it to Him to see if He reveals it to us directly. If He does then we have something, but if He doesn’t then we have nothing. Anything beyond that gets us into error.

If God has not revealed it to us personally, then we should not share it with other people because we could be causing confusion. We should not take any actions like buying, selling, or investing. We should not get anxious, worried, or afraid. We should not give it a thought or a care. Having made all of the above mistakes, I am well qualified to share this warning!

God does not want us to be confused, so He has given us safeguards to protect us. Here are three of them:

• The primary safeguard is His written word. Any prophetic word which contradicts the scriptures should be treated as dead on arrival.
  • For questions not answered in the scriptures, such as the 2016 Presidential election in the United States, we have been given the Holy Spirit who abides in the hearts of those who walk uprightly before God. He bears witness within our hearts to let us know whether or not what we are hearing is from God.
  • Beyond that, God reveals things to us personally to help us sort out truth from error, which can steer us away false prophets and help us recognize true prophets.

Jesus warned us the level of deception coming in the last days will be so great it will cause many who claim to know Him to abandon their faith, which is called the apostasy (1 Timothy 4:1-5). Even some of the same people we have fellowshipped with in the past will betray us in the days to come.

“At that time many will fall away and will betray one another and hate one another.” (Matthew 24:10)

We have been warned repeatedly. The coming flood of deception will sweep away anyone who does not have a close personal relationship with God. God will be the only safe ground, our only refuge.

The name of Yahweh is a strong tower. The righteous run into it and are safe. (Proverbs 18:10)

Joe Buchanan
December 13, 2016 10:43 PM

It is truly possible to be sincerely wrong. A person’s level of sincerity doesn’t change that reality either.

The biggest lesson I’ve learned over the past year or two is that it’s 100% foolish to put one’s sole confidence in ANYTHING that anybody says. And we have no business doing that either. That is clearly wrong. It doesn’t matter how many followers they have, or how popular they are on Facebook either. That doesn’t make what they’re saying to somehow be more accurate. Indeed there are a lot of misguided and deceiving people out there. The Internet is full of them these days.

I think my favorite line of the week was what James recently replied to somebody in a thread on here where various folks were complaining about financial losses because they had put money up based on others’ various dreams. He said something like…. is there a reason why you can’t hear God’s will for yourself from him directly??

That made me laugh. But, it’s 100% on point. I don’t hear much from Heaven. I think somewhere along the line I ended up in the cosmic ‘irrelevant bin’ as it were. Most days I just try to keep doing what I’ve evidently been given to do and put in another day and see what happens. But, I’ll be darned if I ever sit here and blame others for decisions I’ve made based on feelings they shared on a website like some other people on here are doing. That’s about as ridiculous as you can get right there.

Martin Semrok
Martin Semrok
December 13, 2016 7:38 PM

1Kings 22:19-23
Micaiah continued, “Therefore hear the word of the Lord: I saw the Lord sitting on his throne with all the multitudes of heaven standing around him on his right and on his left. 20 And the Lord said, ‘Who will entice Ahab into attacking Ramoth Gilead and going to his death there?’

“One suggested this, and another that. 21 Finally, a spirit came forward, stood before the Lord and said, ‘I will entice him.’

“‘By what means?’ the Lord asked.

“‘I will go out and be a DECEIVING spirit in the mouths of all his prophets,’ he said.

“‘You will succeed in enticing him,’ said the Lord. ‘Go and do it.’

“So now the Lord has put a deceiving spirit in the mouths of all these prophets of yours. The Lord has decreed disaster for you.”

Fay
Fay
December 13, 2016 9:01 PM

Thanks James, I needed to hear that! Not have a prophetic gift and yet enjoying your website immensely, I have frequently been left bewildered at the seemingly contradictory prophesies. Sometimes it can actually do damage to the reputation of the prophetic community. I’m grateful you’ve addressed this issue.

Phanuel
Phanuel
December 14, 2016 8:35 AM

To recap what the Lord has revealed about Trump
1. Trump will win the presidency
2. Cheshvan 8 (Nov 9) is a new beginning for the republic of USA
3. Trump will win over 300 electoral votes
4. Continue to intercede for Trump (and his family) they are trying to assassinate him
5. No weapon formed against Trump will prosper
6. The recount won’t overturn results and will backfire on them
7. The recount will expose fraud against Trump, and he actually won the popular vote
8. The economy will crash when Trump is in office. He is the one to steer the country through this difficult time
9. Clinton will be indicted after the elections
10. Clinton has a life threatening illness and may not live longer.
11. The pedophiles and satanist will be judged.
12. The electoral college will not overturn election results.

shalom

dannyk
dannyk
December 14, 2016 10:35 AM

With sincere respect…couldn’t we have made a similar list of things the Lord had revealed about Obama (and indeed we did make those lists) that now appear to have very little chance of being fulfilled?

It’s a nice list, and it may very well turn out to be true, every one of them.

But I’ve got a few other sure fire lists that many people here agreed upon that now seem suspect.

Corrine
December 14, 2016 8:48 AM

Phanuel, wow great words regarding Trump. Thank you for sharing this with us. Blessings, Corrine

Phanuel
Phanuel
December 16, 2016 2:37 PM

Amen Corrine.

shalom sister

Bob Adolph
December 14, 2016 4:41 PM

Phanuel, did the Lord reveal all of this to you?

Phanuel
Phanuel
December 16, 2016 2:35 PM

Yes..Adolph..some were shared on Z3 before the election, others were shared after the election. Points 1 to 6 have already been fulfilled.

shalom

Bob Adolph
December 16, 2016 3:07 PM

Phanuel, thanks for your answer. So, you are expecting a smooth transition of power from Obama to Trump?

Shelley
Shelley
December 14, 2016 2:51 PM

Phanuel, your words made me do a happy dance. Merry Christ mas!

Phanuel
Phanuel
December 16, 2016 2:35 PM

Amen Shelley!
shalom

Ken Roberts
Ken Roberts
December 20, 2016 8:12 PM

If Pastor Benjamin Faircloth is right in his sermon, “America’s Last Breath” at http://www.ignitedchurchlife.com. If Mena Lee Grebin (Obama will be the last president) and Matt Smith (Prophetic Poem for 2016 and 2017) are right, then #8 is wrong; because Trump won’t be inaugurated. We still have to get past January 6th where the election can STILL be overturned by Congress and/or the Supreme Court. Absolutely ridiculous that they have the power to do that…but it is what it is.

Matt NZ
Matt NZ
December 20, 2016 8:26 PM
Bob Foisel
December 13, 2016 11:12 PM

Well stated and true. When we hear something so important we should ask for confirmation. Also check it against scripture.

michelle gibson
michelle gibson
December 14, 2016 7:06 AM

Amen James, a few weeks ago I was asking God about what is going on with all this confusing everyone can not be right. And he started showing me all theses scriptures starting in Job about Leviathan, and he said Leviathan has been here from the beginning. Then he told me, “what have I told you .” It was like a scolding. Needless to say, I quit asking the when and how and now I am just waiting and watching and not worrying about what is to come. I am just waiting on my next assignment you might say. I am blown away everyday by the people God puts in my path to help a little bit here or there, it could be a word they needed to here or financial help. I was even asked to speak at a luncheon the other day, which I have not done in several years but God gave me the words the people needed to here. It is so awesome to be able to watch God work when we get out of the way.. Again thank you for all you do.

Mike M
Mike M
December 14, 2016 11:57 AM

Yes Michelle! I find that who is going or not going to be president, when the economic crisis hits in high gear, what happens with Russia….while being important things, I find that they really have little to do with how I co-labor with Christ daily for the advancement of God’s Kingdom. Some like James obviously have a special calling to the prophetic. Although I’m called to be educated, wise and alert regarding the times in which we live, and I do hear from God, like you Michelle (and probably many more) I feel I am called to be a carrier of His Presence and to minister in love to those around me everyday as He leads. Constant communion with Him will lead to the divine appointments that you speak of…and will lead us through the judgments as they continue to unfold. God bless you sister as you build your treasure in Heaven!

Donna Bryant Sikes
Donna Bryant Sikes
December 13, 2016 8:24 PM

Thank you. That was very helpful.

warren
warren
December 14, 2016 2:29 PM
I had feared, even believed that The Obama entity would not allow the election, and would have stayed in power. I still think that that was in the cards. And had Trump been seen as winning the election that may very well have happened. I believe their eyes were not just closed by their hubris and arrogance, but through a lot of prayers and divine intervention,. The election of Trump blindsided the Obama entity and the Clintons, Which is why all those polls that showed Trump behind, even up to the exit polls were divinely inspired. The plan was to transfer power to the Clinton’s. They are at least as demonic as Obama. Through the wiki leaks we have seen just how despicable those people (so called) are. I do not believe that Podesta is the only one of that cabal who is into the occult. And it is no coincidence that the Clintons wore purple which symbolizes the occult the day after the election, even Kreepy Kaine, and his wife, who are supposed to be devout Catholics, wore purple, apparently he has gone to the dark side, then again, I doubt he would have been give the nod for VP, if he had not; and Mrs. Clinton has been wearing purple outfits since, most likely trying to invoke her demonic occult allies in order to gain that which she lost. Trump has a 36 vote lead in the electoral college, were it a two or three vote lead, then I could envision them bribing, cajoling, and threatening the electors, as they are trying to do now, but at a much more intense pace, with a higher potential for success. I would not even put them past committing a few cases of stigmatic Arkancide in those Trump states where there… Read more »
Stephen Gola
December 14, 2016 10:42 AM
James, as soon as I read this article on confusion, the Lord brought back to me what He taught me when writing the book, Divorce: God’s Will?. If you don’t mind I would like to share it with the Z3 Family. I believe it will be a valuable tool for these times. The three stages in coming to truth are: Deception: You think you understand, and believe you know the truth, when in fact you have embraced a non-truth as being the truth itself. Remember, THE POWER OF DECEPTION IS THAT YOU DON’T KNOW YOU’RE DECEIVED . Remember, a non-truth is a lie masquerading as the truth. Confusion: You have opened your heart to receive new understanding, which now conflicts with what you believed to be true. You’re no longer sure. The “previously held” belief or knowledge may not be true in light of the new belief. TWO OPPOSING THOUGHTS APPEARING TO BE TRUE IS CONFUSION. Reality (Truth): We understand which is truly REAL and which is the counterfeit or false, then we make the decision to embrace the truth; we leave confusion and enter into reality (truth). TRUTH IS ALWAYS ABSOLUTE. IT DOES NOT CHANGE IN THE PRESENCE OF “NEW” TRUTH. At this point because we have identified the difference between what we thought to be true and what actually is the truth, we knowingly discard the non-truth as being a lie and accept the truth in its place. If someone is “ignorant” instead of deceived, that is, they hold no knowledge or belief one way or another, they go from “ignorance” to “reality” without passing through any confusion. This is because the decision to choose between a non-truth and truth does not have to be made. A non-truth and truth are not always present at the same time… Read more »
J.M
J.M
December 14, 2016 1:57 AM

thanks for pointing this out James and for reminding us that its important to have a personal relationship with God. in the midst of all this drama, lets also remember that part of the purpose of prophecy is to cause a change in the future. prayer does change things and so the future keeps changing from what has been revealed as we respond to Gods promptings. the classic example we have for this in the bible is the story of Jonah. even what God has decreed to occur in His Word is achieved through His partnership with us through prayer. (Anna and Simeon were in prayer as they waited for the coming of the Messiah Luke 2:21-38)