“Prepare for a harvest. It will be short, but it will be sweet.”

After reading an article about the fires burning and taking a heavy toll in the Napa Valley wine region of California, the Lord spoke this word to me.

This is the truth, the fires that burn in the Napa Valley have taken the beauty, have taken the homes of many. But I have spared the harvest for the coming year and I have spared many lives that they might be in the harvest next season.

The vines will ripen unto harvest and as you see this incredible sign in the midst of a blackened earth, remember that I am a faithful and true God. I do hear the prayers of My people. And I am staying My wrath for the present and My mercy will abound.

So I say to you, prepare for a harvest. It will be short, but it will be sweet.

So many souls ripe for harvest, for it is in tribulation that you will reap the sweetest of harvests. Sharpen your sickles, for these people must hear the pure Word from your mouths. My Word cuts asunder even to the joints and marrow. There is no compromise in My Word. This is the final harvest for the wine region. So too, it will be the final harvest for the people in this valley. Prepare, prepare! For I am coming soon.

Before speaking the above word , the Lord reminded me it is He who imparts wisdom. He said:

The wisdom that I give to you comes to you direct from Me. You have not this wisdom in and of yourself. You know this. So I choose to impart these things to you, giving you the understanding of what you see taking place in the world around you. Without this wisdom, it is impossible to navigate through these times. Therefore seek the wisdom of the Lord above all things. Seek Me.

God is showing us what He is doing in the Napa Valley that we might get in line with it and prepare for a harvest. To the natural eye, the fires are devastating and no good thing can come out of them, but the Lord has His purposes. He sees it differently than we do, which is why the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God. (1 Corinthians 2:14)

There is a sweet harvest to be reaped, but we will not be able to navigate through these times without the Spirit of God, His Wisdom.

Perhaps this answers the questions of some who live in California that have been wondering when/if they should stay or go. The Lord is saying there is time yet for the lost in this place. I believe some are going to hear the Lord calling them to move into California, specifically to the wine region. While praying in the Spirit, I saw a large group of people swarming down a mountain and into a valley. Some had placards and banners. I believe these were the people of God raising a standard, sent to reap a harvest.

He directed me to Isaiah 63. Please read the whole chapter. God bless.

3 I have trodden the winepress alone; from the nations no one was with me. I trampled them in My anger and trod them down in My wrath; their blood spattered My garments, and I stained all My clothing.
4 It was for Me the day of vengeance; the year for Me to redeem had come. (Isaiah 63:3-4 NIV)

Alison Pound

Author: Alison Pound

Alison Pound lives in Western Australia, has a creative bent and loves drawing and painting. She teaches piano, is married and has two children.
She gave her heart to the Lord in the early seventies at age twelve. Six years ago, the Lord drew her aside, out of church involvement and other activities to wait on Him in the quietness of home. An awakening occurred, and an intimacy with the Lord that had been missing. Prophetic words and some dreams about what was coming to America began to come.   As an Aussie, it seemed odd that the calling was not to prophecy over her own nation, but she believes the focus will change at some point.  Alison has a heart to be used in the final harvest, encouraging those using their gifts in all walks of life, for prayer ministry and in urging all to prepare for what coming.

Marilee Alm
October 13, 2017 7:39 AM

34Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of him who sent me and to accomplish his work. 35Do you not say, ‘There are yet four months, then comes the harvest’? Look, I tell you, lift up your eyes, and see that the fields are white for harvest. 36Already the one who reaps is receiving wages and gathering fruit for eternal life, so that sower and reaper may rejoice together. 37For here the saying holds true, ‘One sows and another reaps.’ 38I sent you to reap that for which you did not labor. Others have labored, and you have entered into their labor.” John 4

Praying for the harvest and harvesters will also reap a reward!

jerry rigg
October 13, 2017 11:51 AM

As I step outside today….80 miles from these fires…the smoke fills the air even here and you can smell smoke everywhere. Just wondering if some of these fires arent fires of judgment to the marijuana growers there who have suffered heavy losses. There is a faithful remnant there, but also it is a region of hardened liberals and sinners….maybe now they will listen….pray the Lord of the harvest would send forth laborers into these harvest fields! Viewing burnt leveled neighborhoods, I cant help but wonder if we arent seeing a preview of what is to come when the BIG ONE strikes?

Deena
Deena
October 13, 2017 1:56 PM

Alison,

What a timely word!!! I have been listening to Ketih Green’s songs on line while cleaning my house and I just heard a song I have never heard before. It is called “Asleep in the light”. It is about the Christians that can’t see the need.

I took a break and I decided to check z3.

Now is the time for us all over the world to be ready to bring in the harvest. We also need to search ourselves that we are not “Asleep in the Light “.

Scooter
Scooter
October 13, 2017 11:08 AM

Yesterday I was reading the last post from sparrowcloud9. In her post she said that she was watching a news broadcast on t.v. and they were interviewing one of the owners of a wine vineyard that had burn’t and the man quoted, ” Well at least we were fortunate enough to have had our harvesters complete their work just before these burning fires struck.” Erin ( sparrowcloud9) mentioned how the man had just said something very prophetic. Yes, I do believe that the great harvest is here and it will be very short. Thank you for sharing this post.

Vicki
Vicki
October 13, 2017 1:34 PM

I was talking to a Christian friend in the bay area, and he told me he heard a news broadcast on network news talking about how people are praying and calling out to God during this time. This was on the mainstream news in San Francisco! Praise God, bring the workers!
I was volunteering in Rockport after hurricane harvey and saw a glimpse of the harvest as people who lost everything were in tears, desperate to hear how much Jesus loves them and has an amazing plan for their life.

jerry rigg
October 14, 2017 12:25 PM

Sounds good , but seriously have to wonder if these fires arent allowed by God as a judgment against the bogus marijuana industry. There are times when God says…”Enough, I wont allow this to go on anymore”! Marijuana, wine, the good life?..or how about…”Wine, women, and song, the royal pathway to destruction”! I live in Calif. It has become a liberal cauldron, and the “smoke screen” sent by the devil will clear and come to an end.

RedeemedDavid
RedeemedDavid
October 13, 2017 4:56 AM

Amen ! Thank you Jesus for this word . ” When you said seek ye me my heart replied thee o Lord will I seek…Soften my heart O Lord my praise and repair my hardened broken heart on your Grace alone I lean till every one your Wills becomes my heart desire and joy” so Help me God in Jesus name, amen. I plead the blood of Jesus over this comment in Jesus name, amen.

Jill
Jill
October 13, 2017 1:42 PM

As I was reading this- I got the impression they would have one more harvest next year-Fall of 2018. If this is correct then does that put the Pacific Northwest and California earthquakes after this. It seems hard to imagine that if we have the 9.1 NW Earthquake and a 12.2 California earthquake before that harvest that there would be anything left. Am I just misunderstanding this? Any ideas?

jerry rigg
October 14, 2017 12:34 PM

People should do some serious petitioning of heaven, in the event this..”word from the Lord” is accurate concerning these quakes. Dont you think the people in the Wine Country have enough to worry about? Im not discounting every word, but I rebuke in Jesus name the “killjoy spirit” people have concerning Calif. I question if people quietly want Calif to fall into the sea?

Jill
Jill
October 14, 2017 4:03 PM

Jerry- I pray daily for California and its people-I have family there and would love nothing more than it to remain the beautiful place it is. My question was because my impression of the earthquakes that have been prophesied seemed more imminent- (Lois Vogel Sharp — by God’s new year) and others. It would be a slight relief if they were at least a year or more away. I’m sorry if you got the impression I would wish ill on people. I am just struggling to try and understand the time frames from the different words, as I said, I worry daily about my family there.

Dana Brown
Dana Brown
October 13, 2017 10:31 PM

Jill, I was a little confused too. When God said, “I have spared many lives that they might be in the harvest next season.” I wrote (in my notebook where I had recorded this post) ‘spiritual harvest?’ Then when it said, “This is the final harvest for the wine region. So too it will be the final harvest for the people in this valley. Prepare prepare!” I thought, this sounds like the last grape harvest being in 2017 and also for the people, and I wrote this ‘because of the earthquake/California falling into the sea happens next Fall?’. So I am left wondering too. I guess we need to pray for discernment. By the way, I live in the Pacific NW so I wonder about the 9 point prophesied to hit the Cascadia subduction zone.

Carol
Carol
October 13, 2017 12:58 PM

Thank you for this Word. I am praying for these people in California as I know their hearts are so broken. It is when we are broken that we can listen and receive from our loving Heavenly Father. Abba, open their eyes and reveal Yeshua to them and how much He loves them and longs to heal their broken lives!

Cesar Figueroa
Cesar Figueroa
October 15, 2017 3:50 PM

GOD is warning the world, he is so merciful, the only time people search for Him is when tragedy strikes, sickness, death, a Loss, or just looking at the news, GOD is waking up the sleepers, the procrastinators, the lukewarm. it’s sad that many need to lose everything to shake them into searching for answers, some will curse, but some will find the truth, each of us has free will, but time is running very short, today is the day of salvation.

Gary F
Gary F
October 16, 2017 8:39 PM

Blessings Cesar,

Your insightful comment above and the last few words of your post made me think of this beautiful song by ‘Christ Our Life’ entitled ‘Now is the Time’ …

Gary F
Gary F
October 16, 2017 8:43 PM

Here are the lyrics to the song referenced above:

Now Is the Time (Key of E)

Today, if you hear His voice Harden not your hearts
As in the rebellion

Now is the time, now is the day of salvation
Now is the time, for these are the last days
We have not received, the grace of our Lord in vain Whoever calls upon, the name of the Lord shall be saved
Come out, be separate says the Lord Touch no unclean thing
And I will receive you.