As Predicted, Obamacare Is Absolutely Killing The Middle Class

Obamacare-Frustration-Public-Domain-460x345

The critics of Obamacare have been proven right.  The Obama administration promised that health insurance premiums would go down.  Instead, they have absolutely skyrocketed.  The Obama administration promised that Obamacare would not kill jobs.  Instead, firms are hiring fewer workers because of suffocating health care costs.  As you will see below, even the Federal Reserve is admitting this.  The Obama administration also promised that the big health insurance companies would love the new Obamacare plans and would eagerly compete with one another to win customers in the new health insurance marketplaces.  Instead, many of the big health insurance companies are now dropping Obamacare plans altogether.

We witnessed the latest stunning example of this phenomenon just a few days ago.  It turns out that Aetna has been losing hundreds of millions of dollars on plans sold through the health exchanges, and now they plan to pull out of the program almost entirely

Earlier this week, Aetna, which covers about 900,000 people through the health exchanges created under Obamacare, announced that it would dramatically reduce its presence those exchanges. Instead of expanding into five new states this year, as the insurer had previously planned, the company said that it would drop out of 11 of the 15 states in which it currently sells under the law.

Aetna’s decision follows similar moves from other insurers: UnitedHealth announced in April that it would cease selling plans on most exchanges. Shortly after, Humana pulled out of two states, Virginia and Alabama. More than a dozen of the nonprofit health insurance cooperatives set up under the law—health insurance carriers created using government-back loans in order to spur competition—have failed entirely. While some insurers are entering the exchanges, even more are leaving.

Another one of “the big five”, UnitedHealth, is going to lose more than half a billion dollars on Obamacare plans.  So just a few months ago they also announced that they would be dramatically scaling back their participation in the program.

Because of the ridiculous costs, health insurance companies are either going to have to abandon the exchanges completely or they will have to raise rates substantially.

Needless to say, the people that are going to ultimately feel the pain from all of this are consumers

Customers who are now forced to obtain insurance or pay a hefty fine that grows more costly over time are being left in a difficult positionAmericans are essentially stuck between a rock and hard place, either losing coverage entirely, or having to cough up money for a plan they can’t afford.

Something has to give,” said Larry Levitt, a healthcare law expert at the Kaiser Family Foundation. “Either insurers will drop out or insurers will raise premiums.

On the low end of the spectrum, tens of millions of poor Americans benefit from government programs that provide health care at little or no cost.

On the other end of the spectrum, the very wealthy can afford to pay the ridiculously high health insurance premiums that we are seeing under Obamacare.

So what this means is that the people that are being hurt the most by Obamacare are those that belong to the middle class.

As I mentioned above, employers are now hiring less workers because of Obamacare, and that is very bad news for the middle class.  One recent study conducted by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York discovered that nearly one out of every five firms is “employing fewer workers” because of this insidious law

According to a new survey by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, 20.9% of manufacturing firms in the state said they were employing fewer workers because of the Affordable Care Act, the healthcare law known as Obamacare, while 16.8% of respondents in the service sector said the same.

And middle class Americans that have to pay for their own health insurance are being hit with much higher bills these days.  According to one recent study, it is being projected that the average Obamacare premium will go up 24 percent in 2016…

Now, courtesy of a new study by independent analyst Charles Gaba – who has crunched the numbers for insurers participating in the ACA exchanges in all 50 states – we can also calculate what the average Obamacare premium increase across the entire US will be: using proposed and approved rate increase requests, the average Obamacare premium is expected to surge by a whopping 24% this year.

Even NBC News, which is about as pro-Obama as you can get, is reporting on the crippling premium increases that are devastating the middle class…

Millions of people who pay the full cost of their health insurance will face the sting of rising premiums next year, with no financial help from government subsidies.

Renewal notices bearing the bad news will go out this fall, just as the presidential election is in the home stretch.

“I don’t know if I could swallow another 30 or 40 percentwithout severely cutting into other things I’m trying to do, like retirement savings or reducing debt,” said Bob Byrnes, of Blaine, Minnesota, a Twin Cities suburb. His monthly premium of $524 is already about 50 percent more than he was paying in 2015, and he has a higher deductible.

All over the nation people are getting hit like this.

Personally, my health insurance company wanted to nearly double the rate I was paying when Obamacare fully kicked in.  So I searched around and found another plan that was only about a 30 percent increase, but at least it wasn’t nearly double what I had been paying before.

But when the time came to renew that plan, they wanted to jump my premium up another 50 percent per month.

Those of us that are in the middle are being crushed by Obamacare.  We aren’t poor enough to qualify for government assistance, and we aren’t wealthy enough for these ridiculous health insurance premiums not to matter.

Just about everything that Barack Obama promised us about Obamacare has turned out to be a lie.

So where in the accountability?

This is one of the big reasons why nearly one out of every five U.S. adults lives with their parents or their grandparents these days.  Many young adults cannot afford the basics of life such as health insurance, and so they have got to find a way to cut back expenses somewhere.  If that means moving back in with Mom and Dad, that is what some of them are going to do.

I am astounded that our system of health care has become so messed up.  But this is just more evidence of how our society is falling apart in thousands of different ways, and I am not optimistic that things will be turned around any time soon.

Michael Snyder

Author: Michael Snyder

Michael Snyder is a former Washington D.C. attorney who now publishes The Economic Collapse Blog and End of the American Dream. Michael and his wife Meranda believe that God is raising up a Remnant in these last days (Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12) that will bring in the greatest move of God the world has ever seen and the greatest harvest of souls the world has ever seen.

Peggy A.
August 24, 2016 10:24 PM

I just copied and pasted this message by “Brandy” from another Z3 article.
I placed it here so that perhaps more people would see it.
Mena says that she will write it up, but keeps videos up for a limited time for the protection of her family.

Mena Lee Grebin has just posted a video on her Facebook of her most recent dream. She is only leaving it up for 24 hours. Here is a link to it on You tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8esTCd5GlMM GOD bless

Jan
Jan
August 25, 2016 4:22 AM

Thank you Peggy for sharing this word from Mena Lee Grebin. Everyone here on Z3news needs to hear it. It is only going to be posted for the next few hours. She also said that in the next day or two she is going to do a write up about what she has seen recently on her website.

Meranda Devan
August 25, 2016 6:05 PM

I saw this video as well. I am not sure why she wants to take it down after 24 hours…. Everything we say on facebook, google, hotmail….and on the internet for that matter is recorded. Chances are, even if you view the different sites and leave no comments….have no videos, YOU will be flagged.

You might as well use the internet to further the kingdom while you can, is my motto.

What I would have liked to hear more about is the WORD she got from the Lord about pulling money out of accounts. She mentioned it at the beginning of her video and at the end, but spent about 3 minutes on it. She said her prophetic circle was in agreement. I wish she added more detail about what this group said…and what the Lord said to her.

Meranda

Stella
Stella
August 25, 2016 5:15 PM

Mena is really really angry about this her dream being copied from her face book and pasted on YouTube. She practically warned all her Facebook friends not to do it but to everyone’s dismay some people who don’t obey simple instructions pasted what she shared on the YouTube site, absolutely disgusting and rude of those people if you ask me. She has threatened to report the abusers if they do not take those posts down before the close of this evening, I don’t blame her. She has to protect her family hence the warning not to post the dream. Please let us learn to respect other people’s opinion. Thank you and God bless.

Peggy A.
August 25, 2016 6:02 PM

Stella,
If I remember correctly in the video, Mena said several times to go ahead and share it. I was sure that she said “please share it.” IF I had heard any kind of warning from her about this, I certainly would have respected her wishes. I am not on Face-book.

Cali
Cali
August 26, 2016 12:03 AM

Your ok she did say share, i think she doesn’t want it on youtube like she normaly posts. She said she will not put it on youtube this time.

mem
mem
August 25, 2016 9:22 AM
Peggy – Thank you for posting that link! Very interesting about this contact of hers that came out of a meeting in May saying there would be 6 months until they pull the plug on the market. She also mentioned a bank holiday starting on a Friday due to a virus. I have to wonder if this bank holiday will be before, during, or after the plug is pulled and if the stock market plug being pulled will trigger USD currency collapse I don’t really see why she is pulling the video down after 24 hours. I mean I understand why she is doing it, but I don’t really see it as effective in terms of protecting herself. Considering youtube is google, and knowing that they record even what you start to type and then delete! So if a video is up there I would say there is a pretty good chance that it has been “archived” regardless of user deletion for at least the people on the naughty list. Then add to that that she is quite well known, referenced on websites all over the place. At least from secular authority working with the likes of google/facebook/fillintheblank just like we know they do from Snowdens revelations…a private citizen/family continues at their pleasure within the borders of the US and the only hope with this much exposure on the internet is Divine protection…which brings me full circle about why the videos might as well be left up for the benefit of others . There is a point where watchmen on the internet cross the line, they use their real name, appear on shows, have a large internet breadcrumb trail, and they are just totally out there. Totally transparent. That takes real courage today and ultimately will require either Divine protection… Read more »
Elizabeth Davis
August 25, 2016 12:37 PM

This is why we have to pray for the provision and protection of God’s watchmen. They are all putting their lives on the line so that those of us who do not have dreams and visions know how to prepare. Thank you Holy God for your watchmen and please, please keep them safe! Amen.

faith
faith
August 25, 2016 6:10 PM

Hi mem, Peggy also posted a link to Bette Steven’s newest video today. Bette had a dream about “chains of banks closed”. Someone in her dream said “the stock market is gone”. Bette stated everything was gone in a split second.

Lisa
Lisa
August 25, 2016 8:25 PM

So what was the gist of Lena’s video?

Peggy A.
August 25, 2016 4:52 PM

Mem,
I agree with you on all points.

Martin
Martin
August 25, 2016 7:38 AM

Wow Peggy vid right on the money!$

Brandy
Brandy
August 25, 2016 7:30 AM

Thanks Peggy, I did not know where to post it and time was of the essence.

Peggy A.
August 25, 2016 7:43 AM

Brandy,
Last night, I felt as if the Holy Spirit guided me directly to your link…….wow….
Anyway, the message at the beginning and end of Mena’s message match up with the most recent video through BETTE STEVENS (titled “Urgent Warning”). It also relates to the video PRIOR to that by Bette.

In addition, one can gain the seriousness of the hour through alternative news reporters such as Lisa Haven and Dave Hodges.
(And basically and most importantly through the HOLY SPIRIT speaking to each one of us individually.)

Cali
Cali
August 25, 2016 11:58 AM

Peggy they got warned in Germany and Czech Rep to prepare to have Cash ready..(maybe you heared)

Peggy A.
August 25, 2016 4:54 PM

Bette just posted another warning today (August 25th). It’s the top video called “I’m Coming; Banks and Devastation.” If you click on Bette’s web-site page above you’ll see this latest video at the top. I haven’t had a chance to view it yet.

Cali
Cali
August 25, 2016 5:36 PM

Yes thank you i just watched today!

Elizabeth Davis
August 25, 2016 12:34 PM

Thank you. I usually watch her page but haven’t had the chance to this week. I appreciate you!!!

Cali
Cali
August 25, 2016 11:17 AM

Thank you Peggy! Just watched!
Thanx again!

Kathy Culver
Kathy C
August 24, 2016 9:28 PM

Michael Snyder,
You are truly used of the Lord for the Body of Christ—soooo many hours
of study and expertise give us such accurate information—at such a time as this!
I gave out three of your ” Rapture Verdict ” books to people that needed
to read them—have not heard back as of yet —-of course I read it first —
Superb and easy to understand–Thank You!
Excellent post here—–just have to say God is pulling the rug out from
under us and our Only hope is a complete dependence on God!!
Such a concept—You THINK !!!! Like taking a babies blankie away——-
slowly—-it’s gonna hurt and there will be a lot of crying going on!
God bless you and your family —-May the words and blessings of Ps.91 be
upon you . I’ll see you on Jim Bakker in the morning–you won’t see Me! ha

Meranda Devan
August 25, 2016 6:00 PM

That is really really nice of you to do Kathy! Gosh, it is nice for the body of Christ to support one another, and lift each other up. We are thankful that James Bailey re-posts Michaels articles, and allows his articles to be re-posted. We cannot all keep on top of every prophetic word, or piece of news out there. As a body coming together feels great! Lots of love! Meranda

Andrew
Andrew
August 25, 2016 8:49 AM

I had a dream about 3 years ago in which I was being dispatched to a site in Sebelius, Kansas to troubleshoot and repair a problem.
About 25years prior in real life, I worked for Western Union as a microwave telecommunications maintainer which was the context of the dream. The dream made little sense as I was not aware of any site in Sebelius, Kansas. That morning, I googled Sebelius, Kansas and there is no such town.However, Catherine Sebelius from Kansas who was in charge of bringing Obamacare online came up on my search.
Dream Interpretation: Obamacare is a problem that threatens the Western Union.

Susan55
Susan55
August 25, 2016 8:38 AM

You hit the nail on the head. Our family is caught in the high premiums, higher deductibles and we’ve now found out despite the great expense the insurances are paying so little to physicians that they are dropping them. We’re now having to find a new PCP before the end of 2016 or pay even more for another insurance with higher premiums!

OutdoorJon
August 25, 2016 10:11 AM

Susan55, have you looked into Medi-Share? It is an affordable, Biblical, type of healthcare. Many are turning to this. It is much cheaper. There is a lot more I could say, but if you feel led to contact them, it may well be a great thing for your family.

Susan55
Susan55
August 25, 2016 12:00 PM

Thanks for the info will check it out!

August 25, 2016 10:45 AM

They are the ones my family uses, but we just started this year and have not yet filed any claims.

Cassie
Cassie
August 26, 2016 4:07 PM

Another option is Liberty Healthshare, same concept as the other sharing groups. I too just signed up this year and have yet to file a claim like James. I had to change because my premiums were increased to $700 a month just for me alone! I am now saving $500 a month with Liberty. I am paying $199 a month now, what a blessing because I could not afford the insurance any longer.

August 26, 2016 7:06 PM

Thanks for sharing this Cassie. Sounds like the lowest premiums around.

Kevin L. Schmuki
August 25, 2016 11:40 AM

Michael, thank you for an amazing and relevant post. I am Mr. Middle Class (lower) and I would have had to pay 80% of my salary for the mid-range plan—90% for the top plan. That leaves enough money for feeding my nine kids once a week. This is clearly designed to crush us like so many other things that the Usurper in Chief is doing. We make it every month because we have a Great God who will take care of His children!

I don’t even want Health Care Insurance , or even Health Care, I want HEALTH! God is well able to do this by His finished work on the cross!

Thanks also for “The Rapture Verdict.” This is by far the best and most scriptural approach I have ever seen. I have pasted so much of it into my Bible notes. God bless all that you do.

Meranda Devan
August 25, 2016 6:02 PM

Oh that is amazing! What a nice complement. Never before are families being pinched from every angle. It is making it difficult for many of us to stay a float. I think in the coming days we are all going to have to re-evaluate how we live. More families are going to be moving in together and gone are the days where Grandma is put into a seniors home and a house is only occupied by two people.

Change is coming, and it isn’t all bad. Meranda

Scott
Scott
September 1, 2016 11:30 PM
A topic I can talk about…Obamacare. We sell health insurance and Obamacare is killing the market. The individual market is in a serious death spiral…prices increasing dramatically. In Tennessee…rates were just approved for a 65% rate increase. We will be signing up to offer Christian Health Ministries…they are just now rolling them out for distributions by agents…so I won’t claim to know everything about them. If you can’t afford health insurance…MediShare…Altrua…and other ministry plans are at least 50% less in costs. But they are cheaper for a reason…there are usually annual limits…one plan limits your coverage to $125,000 per year. Most of these plans only cover generic medications…don’t cover the more expensive meds. They are also cheaper because they underwrite the health of people applying. Meaning if you have cancer…a Christian Health Ministry plan will decline to cover you…they only accept healthy applicants…since the group is healthy…they can get by not covering all the meds…or covering more than $125,000 (some plans cover up to $1 million)…or excluding many services required by Obamacare…it all adds up to cheaper premiums. Just know that I totally support the Christian Health Ministries…but many, many people will not be able to pass the health questionnaires and get the plan. I have heard…still confirming…that Health Ministries will pay for international surgeries…which cost 1/10th the cost of surgeries in America…if you have a limited benefit of $125,000…which will not cover a major heart surgery in the US…but will cover the same surgery in Costa Rica for $45,000. People don’t realize all this is coming…because of Obamacare. I am considering a Health Ministry…but not sure if I can pass the health questionnaires. I read a prophesy that God is not happy how we rely on putting synthetic man made medications (poisons) into our body…he has always provided natural… Read more »
Nancy Trimble
August 25, 2016 11:36 AM

It’s ridiculous, even for people on Medicare. We went into our doctor yesterday for my husband’s wellness visit, when he first got on Medicare a year ago. Didn’t have the so called paperwork we were supposed to have, I searched everywhere to find what they were looking for. He had several things to be checked, but because of all the stupid Obamacare rules, he could not get them all done in one visit. And if you need any major tests, forget it. I tried for months to get a MRI for my back and finally gave up after being refused every time. Oh they let me do the cheap tests like a sonagram or an ex-ray. Of course that didn’t help. That evil man is trying to kill us all. No doubt he is the antichrist.

Peggy A.
August 25, 2016 7:00 PM

Relatively older people raised and embracing Biblical values are a threat to the new world order. If people are above a certain age (I think it might be 70), I believe they will be denied treatments, etc.

Kristin Lee
August 25, 2016 11:21 AM

I’m already priced out – I’ve been cut off twice – once was $1 short thought bank covered – not. Second time not even close – did not have it. Can afford scripts – even getting filled at 25% and 50%, can’t go to Dr bc copays too high and nothing left over after premium. I walked on broken ankle in three places for 8 weeks until I fell and had to go to ER – but owed ortho Dr money and they wouldn’t do surgery I’d walked on it 2 months I could continue until I could pay. And all ortho groups in town have merged so nowhere else to go. I had healthcare since I was 20 until obomacare. Thanks a lot. Especially that giddy lady farmer who never paid premiums and needed two hip replacements and back surgery and on TV she was giddy w joy since it was only costing her $29. I think INCOME ISNT RIGHT OR VERIFIED AND TAX RETURNS MUST BE BULLSHIT SINCE WHAt has she been living on??? I worked and paid last 28 years and you all left me hanging.

Travis Jackson
August 26, 2016 4:33 PM

This whole thing has actually been good for my family, as we have stepped outside of the whole health-insurance paradigm and signed up for a Christian health share, which shares medical costs among fellow believers, without involving the government, health insurance companies OR abortion providers. Please look into this for yourself and see what a blessing it is!! God bless!

Sue
Sue
August 25, 2016 7:26 PM

Barney Frank: Public option will lead to Single Payer

Elizabeth Davis
August 25, 2016 4:07 PM

James, Mena has a message on her FaceBook page regarding this video.