In the Midst of Great Trouble Comes Life Saving Instructions

chinese_troops

Two years ago, I had a series of three dreams.  At that time, I had heard nothing like this from anyone else. All three dreams had the same word from the Lord to me.

In my first dream, I was with many other Christians who were made to stand in the middle of a pond of water. Men with guns were standing on the bank getting ready to shoot and kill us for being Christians. I was so scared. I thought to myself, “I am getting ready to die.”

Suddenly, I heard the audible voice of the Lord speaking to me, “Katie be very careful to follow My instructions and do everything I tell you to do. Get into the water Katie and you will never even feel the sting of death.”  End of dream.

In my second dream, I was at the home where I grew up as a child and I was standing in my mother’s den. There was a group of people there, as well as my husband. I was looking out a large window into the woods behind my mother’s house.

Suddenly, I saw thousands of Asian looking soldiers in uniforms and carrying guns marching toward our neighborhood. I thought to myself we have to flee or they are going to get us. I told my husband, “Look we have to run now.”

So we left together running through the woods, streets, neighborhoods and then back into the woods again. We came to the edge of the woods and saw a military road block. We saw soldiers making people lay face down on the ground and covering them with tarps. We were so scared I told my husband, “We aren’t going to be able to make it out of this.”

Then the scene changed and we were suddenly in the same position we just watched the others in. We were laying face down on the ground and they put tarps over each of us. The soldiers did this because they were killing people in the most gruesome way and the tarps were to control the blood spatter. They weren’t using bullets. They were using large rocks. I lay there beside my husband and thought, “I’m getting ready to die. I’m really going to die. This is it.”

Suddenly I heard the voice of God say to me, “Katie, be very careful to follow My instructions and do everything I tell you to do. If you do this Katie, I will be able to keep you alive.”

Then the scene changed. I don’t know how we were delivered because I did not see that. We were walking trying to find something to eat when we saw an empty trailer park. We entered into a bus that was turned into a makeshift house and someone gave us a can of food to split. We ate the food and went to sleep for a few hours. Then we got up and knew we had to leave.

It was almost sunrise, but it was still dark outside.  We started walking and got to a shopping center. The power was back on and the lights were flashing.  We were in front of a super center Walmart or Target where they were giving people supplies. The refrigerated coolers that usually held meat were pushed towards the front of the store and had blankets in them.  I got a blanket and a gallon of water and went outside and sat down on the curb. That was the end of the dream.

In my third dream, I was out in public during the daytime. I was walking through the bottom level of a parking deck when I suddenly heard the Lord’s voice speak to me again saying the same exact thing, “Katie, be very careful to follow My instructions. Do everything I tell you to do. If you do this Katie, I will be able to keep you alive.”

As soon as He said that, bombs started dropping to my left and right everywhere around me. Just as quickly, I felt the Lord speaking to me, but this time it was different. Previously He spoke in an audible voice so there was no mistaking it, but this time, which was literally two seconds after the bombs started dropping, I felt his voice speaking in my heart, but I was unsure. I remember feeling the urge in my heart and hearing, “Go right, go, go, go, go right, go Katie.”

It was literally just like that. Then I thought, “Okay, what do I have to lose. I’m just going to go with it.”

So I went right like God was giving a drill to a football player. I ran sideways to the right. Then He said, “STOP!”

So I stopped and a bomb went off right where I had been standing just moments earlier. Then He said, “Go left, go, go, go, go left!”

I did and then I heard, “STOP!”

So I did and yet another bomb went off right where I had been standing just moments earlier. Then He said, “Go forward!”

It was the same type of deal. He guided through the parking deck until I was outside. It was like being guided through a mine field. As soon as I got outside of the parking deck, a white cargo van pulled up and a man ran out and got me into the van and drove me to safety. When I got into the van, there were other people already in there and I told them, “God just saved my life!”

I could tell they didn’t understand, so I said, “No, you don’t get it! He really just saved my life! He talked me through it and told me exactly what to do!”

That was the end of my dream.

Interpretation:

After all of that, I began to hear God was giving dreams to many of His children about very similar things. What is encouraging to me in all of these horrific things is if we obey God’s voice and follow all of His instructions, He will deliver us. Even if we die we will be delivered. I try to hold onto the fact that we will NEVER even feel the sting of death.

One day this will ALL pass and we will be with the Lord forever and nothing can separate us from His Love. One thing I’ve learned in my life is this: No matter what we go through, no matter what evil is allowed to be done to us, it can’t break us.

Weeping endures for the night, but joy comes in the morning!  We really can do ALL things through Jesus Christ who strengthens us!

I’ve gone through so many heartaches in my life.  I’ve been beaten and abused in every way and suffered terrible loss. I have also walked on the mountain top in victory with my Lord and experienced much restoration from His hand!  One thing I know for sure is this: God is just and He is good and He should never be blamed for the pain we endure.

I’ve said to the Lord in my darkest hour of things I can not even say. I learned in the broken places to say, “The Lord gives and the Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord.”

No matter what you and I go through in the days that lie ahead, please know that we can make it.  We are tough. We are the children of the Most High God. We can make it through anything!  We can do this!  We will make it through day by day and step by step until we take our final step into Glory.

Katie Troutman

Author: Katie Troutman

The Lord has carried Katie Troutman through many dark times and much heartache, including a life of abuse, which started as a child. At age nineteen she was saved and has leaned on the Lord ever since! She started receiving dreams from the Lord from the very beginning. She has been involved in her local church ministry preaching and teaching. Today she is a wife and mother who has had many years of walking on the mountain top in victory with God.

michelle Gibson
michelle Gibson
January 25, 2016 8:05 AM

God lets bad things in our life for training for sure. one night I was praying for my daughter for healing and I had been doing this for awhile and had not seen any change so I start reminding God who he is, as if he did not know and saying this is nothing to you, you created us and so on. well you might say I had a Job moment I heard an auditable voice that said ” I don’t care about these earthly vessels” and my response was, well that is just mean and then the voice said ” I am building character that will last for eternality” needless to say I said forgive me Lord for not understanding. I am so glad we have a gracious God and he did not strike me down that night.

January 25, 2016 2:27 PM

I have to say wow too! Make it triple Wow. That’s why the Lord allow hardships. to build our eternal charactors. He is really our Father, only a loving father does that. It’s love, tough love. But deep down His heart is humble and gentle, love us deeply, want us good. There is a closeness in it.

Robert Adolph
Robert Adolph
January 25, 2016 10:48 AM

Double WOW, Michelle !! Was it really an audible voice? By the way, Jesus bore our sicknesses on the cross as He did our sins. We simply have to reach out and receive it and then thank the Lord for the healing. Abraham believed God, calling those things that be not as they were. Isn’t that how you were saved?!

fawnda crozier
fawnda crozier
January 26, 2016 1:19 AM

I have heard his audible voice

January 25, 2016 10:26 AM

Michelle- Wow. That’s life changing.

January 24, 2016 9:56 PM

Good words, Katie! Thanks for your posting. I really do appreciate it. ” God is just and He is good and He should never be blamed for the pain we endure.” I am experiencing abuse by my CHRISTIAN boss right now, she’s mad at God and she takes it out on me. I can see the evilness in her eyes, she opens the door for the enemy, the evil spirit get hold of her when she blames God on her current situation. She’s so weak in her faith, she can’t stand the testing time. She’s so spoiled. She turn on other Christian and she’s calculated. By the Grace of God, He is with me. Keep telling me enter into His Presence and His peace. The Lord wants me to forgive her and keep praying for her. This is very testing to me.

January 25, 2016 3:02 AM
Iynx, I’ve been through similar situations. Where people treat you unjustly and you have to deal with their abuse and bullying mentality. When going through a bad family situation , I asked the Lord. “How do i truly forgive?” “Please show me how, i think I’ve forgiven, I’ve tried to forgive but I want to make sure there is no unforgiveness in me. Please show me how.” That night I felt the Lord tell me to leave on the Christian TV station while I slept so it would minister to my spirit.” I had never done that before until that point. I woke up during the middle of the night to a man shouting across the television set these words. “You want to know how to forgive? Do you really want to know how to forgive? This is how you do it. You take ALL the anger that you feel toward that person and you place it on the devil where it came from to begin with. and you pray for that person as the Lord tells you to do. You pray for that person like you would pray for yourself. Every day , over and over again. Speak the Word of God over their life impart into them and pray for conviction from the Holy Ghost come upon their life.” Well I was so thankful. That revolutionized my entire life ,salvation I am sure and the amount of Love inside of me! I began to pray for my enemies and I placed the anger on Satan every time it arose in my mind and heart!.. -And I speak life over them. Eventually it wears you down. You die and He arises. the hatred and bitterness you didn’t even know was there leaves and instead love and compassion is replaced!… Read more »
Jeff
Jeff
January 26, 2016 5:20 PM

Thank you Katie, for posting that. I was able to share that very timely and actionable response with someone close to me who needed to hear it. By the way, I saw somewhere else that you were in NC. We live in Texas but my wife has been wanting to relocate to Wilmington. Based on what you’ve said previously that may not be the smartest move, but if the Lord wills it. Please pray for discernment for my wife and I regarding this. May the Lord bless and keep you!

Debra Walker
January 26, 2016 8:04 AM

Katie, I think the man shouting on the TV was Kenneth Copeland. I’d forgotten that teaching of his (though you might have heard it from someone else), and this was the perfect time for me to be reminded of it. (Isn’t God good!?!)

Father, thank You for the plans You have for us. Thank You for working all things together for the good of those who love You and who are called according to your purpose. Thank You for training us up in the way we should go so when we are old we will not depart from it. Thank You for reminding me that every good and perfect gift comes from You. Truly You are worthy to be praised. All glory, and honor, and blessings to Your name, God! In Jesus’ name, Amen!

January 26, 2016 8:29 AM

Yes, He is so good all the time! No it wasn’t Kenneth Copeland . This happened about 11 years ago. I’m not sure who it was. However it was no one that i was privy to at the time. It was an older man. I’m just not sure who. His is marvelous , I agree sister!! God Bless you!

January 25, 2016 2:18 PM

Sister Katie, you are an Angel, God send you to me through your post, I am very sure of it. Praise the Lord!
I take your advice and tried it, it is really really working!!!! I am still doing it, practising it. It’s making a different. I am going to print out your post, keep it in me all the time, so I won’t forget it. God is awesome! You are awesome!

January 25, 2016 3:13 PM

Iynx, I’m so glad to have been able to pass on what God taught me. It really does work doesn’t it!!
It only gets better the more you do it. Love you so much God bless you too sister! He is awesome!!

January 25, 2016 4:40 PM

I Love you very much, my sister Katie!!! Just not long ago I prayed for you and your family, I really do appreciated your replies and your wisdom. It is working big time! May God Bless you and your family. You will always be in my prayers.

Rachel Baxter
Rachel
January 24, 2016 9:43 PM

Katie – Thanks for sharing these dreams. I just love how the Lord uses dreams to instruct and encourage us. He has been speaking to me about keeping the line of communication always open, like Daniel learned to do through constant prayer. If we are always listening to the Holy Spirit, He can and will guide us perfectly, as we lean not on our own understanding but trust in Him.

January 25, 2016 2:45 PM

Hi Rachel, I agree everything you said. Recently I learn something new, about in God’s perfect will. I found out that if we are in God’s will, He will open His heart to us, He will share His feeling to us, at that moment, I taste the deep intimacy with Him. I see His charactors. I SEE HIM in my spirit and my soul. This connected your post here, that listening to Him, listening to the Holy Spirit. Because if we don’t know how to listen to His voice, how are we to be in His wills? How are we to know Him? How are we to intimacy with Him? It is mighty important to try to listen to Him as your post suggested here. It is important and it has great rewards.

January 25, 2016 5:17 PM

Thank you for this comment. You just answered a question for me! The Lord showed me something today in a dream, but I did not know why He was telling me until I read your comment. He was just revealing His heart to me. Just getting to know Him more is a great honor and a blessing!

January 25, 2016 6:04 PM

Praise the Lord! It is a great honor and blessing to know Him more and more. Mr. Bailey, your site is starting to fill with God’s presence, wisdom and love. Thank You for your site. I benefit a lot. God is awesome, He loves us so much!

Millie
Millie
January 24, 2016 9:06 PM

Almost a year ago, I had a thought put into my head during the night. God said that before “IT” happens, he will have me at home, when “IT” happens. God didn’t say what, “IT” was. But, God will prevent me from going out that day. It may be either from my car not starting, or the garage door won’t work or I will be sick, or something. It won’t be because I don’t have something or somewhere to go. I will be attempting to go somewhere and I will be prevented from going out. God will protect me by keeping me home that day. So every day I do leave home, I know, “IT” will not happen that day.

Debra Walker
January 26, 2016 7:47 AM

Millie, that’s beyond really cool. That’s God-cool. That’s awesome!

RH
RH
January 24, 2016 9:45 PM

Millie- That happened to so many people I knew or knew of through others, in the NYC area before Sept. 11. In particular one friend’s brother was supposed to give a presentation that morning, but the company had cancelled the meeting the week before. A relative’s uncle often ate breakfast at the restaurant. Windows on the World, but instead watched it from his rooftop across the river. So many stories of God’s intervention. It’s about listening to His voice, and not being afraid. Being obedient. Thank you for sharing.

EMG
EMG
January 24, 2016 5:36 PM

1.We must listen.
2.The LORD will keep us safe.
3.The LORD will take care of our basic needs, food, water etc.
4. He will direct and guide us if we are staying close to him.
What a wonderful word from the LORD, We must stay close to the hem of his garment.

David
January 24, 2016 4:42 PM

About 15 years ago I received very much the same message in an open vision. It’s also been my experience walking work the Lord for quite a while now. It takes a bit getting used to but I would not trade this walk for anything. It’s the place of rest i wrote about in my last post. A Scripture in Jeremiah (I believe) speaks about our hearing a voice from behind us telling us to go right or left. He leads us in paths of righteousness for His Name’s sake. His power in righteousness is expressed in the secret place. There’s no better place to be.

Harvest White
January 24, 2016 4:25 PM

A few months back, I had a dream I was on the run. There was a man running parallel along side me and I almost thought he was chasing me too but then he yelled out to me… “It’s Jeremiah 15:11”. Then I woke up and immediately looked up Jeremiah 15:11. It reads,

“The Lord said, ‘Surely I will deliver you for a good purpose; surely I will make your enemies plead with you in times of disaster and times of distress.”

I went to bed that night feeling anxious about what was coming upon the earth but after this dream, I took great heart and I remembered that there will be angels running alongside side us the entire way. 🙂

Debra Walker
January 26, 2016 7:44 AM

What an important – and beautiful! – thing to remember! Thanks, Denika!

January 24, 2016 6:23 PM

Great word!

Grace
Grace
January 29, 2016 2:18 AM

Thank for sharing it helps to know that there are so many of us that the Lord is talking
to and preparing us of what is to come

January 29, 2016 8:43 AM

Grace, thank you so much for sharing your dreams too. It really does help…it brings so much comfort to connect with people like you! God Bless you in your move and in the future.

Debra Walker
January 26, 2016 5:07 AM

Katie, in your first dream when God told you to “get into the water,” He was telling you to dive deep into His word. Though you were standing in a mere pond, the water represents the Bible. And because it is His living word, it is much, much deeper than it looks to those who see it as a mere book. (And I am not implying that you do; I know that you don’t!) As you know, these dreams were not for you alone, Katie, but for all the saints. I provide this tiny bit of interpretation to encourage others:

Increase the time you spend reading the Bible! Every time you read, ask the Spirit to teach you its truths, to open your understanding, and to hide the word in your heart. It will save your life more than once.

January 26, 2016 7:26 AM

Amen Debra! I believe that to be true. Thank you sister!

January 26, 2016 7:35 AM

He was also giving me personal instructions in the water. I left that part out of the dream I posted because it was just for me…but when He told me to get into the water he told me exact things to do in the water that i left out of what I posted because they were personal. It was specific ways to swim with directives of things to do. thank you for aiding in interpretation. I have been leaving the bible on cd on while I sleep and memorizing scriptures daily. Literally trying to drill the word of God into myself my husband has been too. For a time when we may not be allowed to have our bibles so that we may be a living bible. I have been focusing so much on memorizing passages. We have been muttering the word while we work, doing dishes, cleaning! I mean really diving into that. So your interpretation is correct!!! Thank you!

Debra Walker
January 26, 2016 8:25 AM

Katie, that’s a super idea about playing the word while you sleep! I usually have gospel music playing in the other room (so it won’t wake up my husband), but then I can’t hear it either. Still, it helps the spiritual atmosphere of our home. But I’m going to see if my scripture-reading app on my phone will keep going or just read one chapter and stop; I haven’t used it yet. I can use that during the day anyway. Good idea!
Not too many things we can do with our time are more valuable than memorizing scripture. Maybe asking the Spirit for deeper understanding of scripture. Or seeking God’s face. I’m pretty sure that’s about it. Isn’t God wonderful, how He leads us to do just what we need the most?

The habit part of me wants to say “you’re welcome,” but I’ve learned that I really don’t want to even have the appearance of stealing any of God’s glory. So let me honestly say that whatever I write that is true and correct – that part is from God. And if there is part that is not true and correct – well, that part would be from me and isn’t worth giving thanks for. Truly, the thanks and the glory go to Him!

January 26, 2016 8:33 AM

Debra, it really works. We’ve listened to the scriptures so much , thatI’ve started having dreams of them playing through my mind as I sleep. I literally dream of bible pages!!! No kidding!

January 26, 2016 7:47 AM

I suppose I need to explain the rest from posting to Eric. I took getting into the water on my dream as delving into the Spirit of God. Filling myself with His word, praying in the Holy Ghost, praying with out ceasing. Denying myself entertainment and certain things that brought me pleasure and just basically getting serious with God on a much deeper level. There are so many facets to what i took from it. I’m new on here and am so thankful for your explanation to Eric that was in depth. I guess I hold back for the most part and have just left it at being filled with the Holy Spirit versus breaking it down. I’m glad you took the time to say all you have said.

Debra Walker
January 26, 2016 8:27 AM

No worries, Katie. What you’ve just added here will help many people. 🙂

Laura McDowell
Laura McDowell
January 24, 2016 9:59 PM

Amen! God is great and worthy to be praised!