This morning I felt my spiritual eyes opening to a much greater level. I was thrilled by this gift from the Lord. Then the Lord began to show me visions.

First, I saw a tree that was struggling to grow. I was moved back from the tree by the Spirit until I could see its roots deep in the soil. The roots were twisted and unable to fully support the tree. As a result, the tree was not able to grow strong or to be as fruitful as it was created to be. I was given an understanding of the roots. They represent the doctrines and teachings of the church. If we don’t get them straightened out, we cannot fully accomplish our purpose or reach our destiny for the Lord.

Next, I saw a person with what we used to call a “cauliflower ear.” This kind of damage often happens to wrestlers and boxer who do not properly wear their protective helmets. Many of us have been in a spiritual battle of epic proportions in the past weeks and some have been damaged. I saw that for many their right ears have been damaged. Mark 4:24,

“Then He said to them, ‘Take heed what you hear. With the same measure you use, it will be measured to you; and to you who hear, more will be given.”

The ability to hear the authoritative word of the Lord has been blocked by the enemy. The Lord is ready to heal these conditions right now if you are willing to accept it. I was assured that many will not accept the healing because they have been traumatized (stunned) by their injuries. We must rise above it.

Then I saw the front of a huge ship with something like waves passing by it from the back to the front. These were not waves of water, but were like the misty winds of a storm. At first, this seemed like something good. I thought it was the church standing firm in the storm, but this was not the meaning. The ship did represent the church, but it was the church anchored while the winds of the Lord were attempting to push it forward. It was totally resistant to the Lord’s attempts to move it forward.

This is not the time to set anchor and resist the moves of the Lord. We need to allow Him to move us where He wants us to go and do what He wants us to do. Mark 13:27,

“And then He will send His angels, and gather together His elect from the fourwinds, from the farthest part of earth to the farthest part of heaven.”

Then I saw an open portal into Heaven about 100 meters in front of the church. Heaven is open, but many in the church have set anchor and will not move toward it. Then the open portal began to move away from the ship. I watched as it got further and further away. This was very sad. So, I left the side of the ship and moved toward the open portal. As I went through, the light was too bright to see clearly. So, I just opened my spirit and soaked in the light of His glory. It was awesome. Times of refreshing are at hand and those who refuse to move with the Lord will miss it. I was led to Acts 3:19,

Invitations for greater intimacy have been extended and only a few are accepting them. Being at anchor may seem safe, but people are missing the great things the Lord wants to release to them and through them in this generation. It is time to let go of false security and let the winds of the Lord drive us into the greater seasons of the Lord. Amen?

Pastor James Durham

Author: Pastor James Durham

After serving almost 30 years as an active duty army Chaplain, James retired at the rank of Colonel. Before and after his military service, he was a pastor and church planter for more than thirteen years. In 2010, James and his wife, Gloria, moved to Columbia, South Carolina in order to write books, teach seminars, and mentor many spiritual sons and daughters around the world. James is a graduate of Oklahoma State University with a Bachelors Degree in Psychology; Perkins School of Theology, Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas with a Master’s degree in Theology, and the US Army Command and General Staff College.

Donate with any major credit or debit card.
For other payment methods, click here.

RedeemedDavid
RedeemedDavid
July 8, 2017 3:55 am

Amen…Thanks God for this open heaven. Into your hands I commit my spirit . Help me to ascend covered in your blood into the holies of holies to behold your glory, beauty and holiness forever….

Sujit Thomas
July 8, 2017 10:32 am

Pastor,

I can second this message because I find myself being drawn into a greater intimacy with the Lord, but many with whom I have shared what is going on with me have refused to come along. Instead right from the beginning, several have openly opposed or remained skeptical.

I too believe that there is a soon-coming move of God that some will embrace and others will reject. I believe the Lord showed me through a vision that it will be mighty like a huge waterfall and sudden like an avalanche.

St.Khawnan
July 9, 2017 3:00 am

Amen… our 1st LOVE should be our 1st PRIORITY!

Ever since coming to the LORD, HE has ALWAYS been personally speaking to me about getting ALONE with HIM in the mountains… Similar to how JESUS would go up into the mountains ALONE to pray unto HIS FATHER, OFTEN!

Honestly, every disciple and follower of CHRIST (ie: saints- Romans 1) should be making an effort to DRAW NEARER to their LOVER as HE DEEPLY DESIRES to draw near to us- For this ONE RELATIONSHIP takes 2 efforts…

Once again, our 1st LOVE should be our 1st PRIORITY!

QUANTITY TIME = QUALITY TIME:)

rich lattarulo
rich lattarulo
July 8, 2017 9:00 am

the churches have the twisted roots. They are teaching unsound doctrine. God hates the Nicolaitanes – the separation of clergy from pew warmers. We are not to have surrogate husbands but rather wait for our Husband & Redeemer to return. We are to be a called out assembly, our of the world & the religious world. We are to drop our nets, everything that entangles us, and follow Jesus. He did not send people to the synagogues or their religious leaders, who always stone the prophets and crucify Christ and His apostles & prophets. God bless you, James, with understanding. Jesus is coming back for His Bride and their children will come to Zion, brought to her gates.

Lorna Graham
Lorna Graham
July 8, 2017 12:31 am

AMEN!!!

Barb B
Barb B
July 8, 2017 8:30 am

“Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord.” Acts 3:19
I love this word, thank you Lord!

Marilee Alm
Marilee Alm
July 8, 2017 8:41 pm

This part of Lana’s word seems to shed light on the section of Pastor Durham’s word:
As I was typing up this word, my autocorrect kept changing the word HAMAN to HUMAN and the Lord spoke to me and reminded me again that it is IMPERATIVE as God’s people that we are crying out for “eyes to see and ears to hear” to RECOGNIZE what God is doing, to RECOGNIZE His placing and to RECOGNIZE AND HONOR what He is doing and those He is POSITIONING for such a time as this. They may be the most unexpected of people, He may move in the most unexpected of ways, He may position in the most unexpected of places, but in the changing of the guards, God’s people MUST have eyes to see and ears to hear what He is doing.

I have realized just this week that I need much more time to reflect and reread the things the Lord is telling me. Let me hear and obey Lord..

Rosemary
Rosemary
July 8, 2017 6:12 pm

Pastor James, the end part about the ship reminded me of a song I loved from a lost album. It helped during times of trials. Short stanza:

What lies across the waves may cause my heart to fear
Will I survive the day
Must I leave what’s know and dear

A ship that’s in the harbor
Is still and safe from harm
But it was not built to be there
It was made for wind and storm

Ian White, “All I know”

Thank you for reminding me we are built for storm. I must remember during rough waters that Jesus is the captain of the ship. “Steady as she goes!”

Christopher