Increased Earthquake Activity and Warnings of More to Come

earth_split

The Lord Jesus told us one of the signs of the end of this age would be increased earthquake activity (Matthew 24:7). We are seeing that happening across the world right now. Just in the past 30 days, there have been large earthquakes in Italy (6.2), New Zealand (7.1), Myanmar, Burma (6.8), Papua New Guinea (6.7), Iwo Jima Japan (6.3), New Caledonia (7.2), and South Georgia Island (7.4). (Source: USGS)

Based on His prophetic warning, we can expect to see earthquake activity increasing as we approach the day of His return. The Prophet Isaiah saw the weight of sin growing so heavy by the end of this age it caused the whole earth to shake violently, trembling and staggering back and forth like a drunkard.

19 The earth is broken asunder, the earth is split through, the earth is shaken violently.
20 The earth reels to and fro like a drunkard and it totters like a shack, for its transgression is heavy upon it, and it will fall, never to rise again. (Isaiah 24:19-20)

In the United States, there have been prophetic warnings of a big earthquake in California for many years and a 2015 movie specifically devoted to this topic called San Andreas, but in the last few weeks these warnings have increased.

Prophet Kevin Mirasi shared the following vision this week:

In the morning of 31st August 2016, in a vision (supernatural dream) of The LORD God Almighty, The LORD Jesus Christ and The Holy Spirit, I found myself inside a vehicle in a place that The Holy Spirit of The LORD made me know to be California, U.S.A.

So as the vehicle moved, after some time, the ground started swaying back and forth. So in this vision of The LORD, I see California Swaying. I see the dark evil spirit of Destruction released upon California; and then the ground swayed and destruction came upon the Land of California.

The vision of The LORD then ended. (See the whole post)

Just yesterday, Z3 contributor Matt Smith shared a call to pray for our nation to avoid a series of calamities, which included an earthquake destroying San Francisco.

Last week, Mena Lee Grebin shared a vision in which she saw pressure in the form of a huge bubble wedged under California.

Others have sounded alarms about big trouble striking in the next couple of months. There are enough alarms sounding now to let us know something is up.

This would be a great time to seek God for confirmation about this, especially for anyone living in California. Even if judgment is already set, I believe our prayers and our repentance can mitigate and even avoid destruction of our homes and our loved ones, according to God’s promise in 2 Chronicles 7:14.

© 2016, Z3 News. All rights reserved.

Michelle L.
September 3, 2016 12:00 am

For the last 13 years my husband and I have been missionaries overseas. I grew up in San Francisco Bay Area and we’ve owned a home in the Sierra Foothills where we pastored previously. 3 years ago on our furlough we were staying in that home. We had an earthquake one night that had quite the jolt and roll with it. I was in the bathroom at the time (!) and my husband and 3 kids were in the family room. As I was praying and scrambling to get into the family room I had a vision (with my eyes open). I saw our home being held up off its foundation by several angels during an earthquake so it would be stabilized and unharmed. I knew this was not what just happened but a much bigger quake that was to come. We returned overseas and unexpectedly and clearly directed by God through a series of events were directed back to California. I had felt for years I was far safer away from the U.S. and consider California in many ways as the bull’s eye of a target. I know we are in God’s timing and God’s place and plan for us. I’ve taken renewed comfort in that vision and KNOW God can protect and provide in the midst! I’ve had a burden for some time to move my aged parents to our property ( they live 30 miles from San Francisco). The move will be completed next week! I shared all these details to underscore James last paragraph above.

jerry rigg
September 3, 2016 11:33 am

I have heard from a fairly credible source that the earthquake insurance offered by the state is virtually useless, do you have any? God’s best to you!

Michelle L.
September 5, 2016 5:07 pm

We do not have earthquake insurance. Reading health insurance is a good laugh because disasters and acts of war are not covered and is spelled out in lots of details of how they won’t pay. Realistically the $ amount for a major earthquake in claims made would be beyond any companies ability to make good…

Diana Pulliam
Diana Pulliam
September 3, 2016 9:18 am

I live in Oklahoma, and we had a 5.6 about 7:00 am this morning, and several aftershocks. This tied as the strongest earthquake to date in the state. I think this very symbolic that this happened in the center of the USA…

But a few minutes after the quake I heard the Lord say, “This is just the beginning.”

Helen
Helen
September 3, 2016 11:08 am

There was also a 5.6 earthquake around 8:30 pm off the coast of California near Ferndale. That’s two 5.6’s (11 and 11).

Jeff Byerly
September 3, 2016 11:34 am

Wow it is very symbolic !
The Shaking is Here for sure.
Read Psalm 91 and memorize it!

poppyrose
September 4, 2016 3:10 pm

I also live in Oklahoma. I believe that it IS just the beginning and is not all from salt disposal wells, etc. God has a major hand in this. Here we go. TRUST IN THE LORD

Kimberly
Kimberly
September 3, 2016 6:37 pm

I felt the quake in the Kansas City area. I haven’t felt one that strong, since living in California as a child.

Carrie
Carrie
September 9, 2016 1:46 pm

Diana – I too live in Oklahoma. Did you see where they changed the reading to a 5.8?

Mary
Mary
September 6, 2016 3:53 pm

I live in Kansas and that was a rough quake. I know some feel it is from the fracking, but I disagree. I believe it was from almighty God! I was a bit un-nerved and could only say to myself, “this isn’t anything yet”. Kids came running out of their rooms, Dogs barking crazy, and me invoking the name of the Lord.
Yes, it is just the beginning, and I will not be caught off guard with even a bit of fear the next time.

Francy
Francy
September 4, 2016 9:39 pm
Hello z3 family, I had posted a request to pray last nite after having a very vivid vision about a tsunami killing thousands of people including children (for some reason it did not post) After this vision, I started to have such anxiety and this is what the Lord told me: “Be still and know that I AM GOD”. Which reminded me about what the Lord has been teaching me all along and automatically the anxiety was gone. I want to humbly remind those who may be experiencing fear, anxiety, doubt and are worried about the end-time prophecies that we as children of the Most High God are not to be tossed one way to the other by the waves. We are to remain steadfast like a post and grounded on God. The Lord had taken me off the internet and z3 for a few months now because I was getting too anxious and doubtful. The Lord cannot operate in us if we’re fearful or we’re not in FAITH. Prophecies ( not bible prophecies) are given as a guide to alert us and for us to intercede through prayer, however we are NOT to be led by prophecy. We are to be led by the Word of God and by the Holy Spirit only since these prophecies can change and are NOT written in stone. The same energy we use by worrying, it’s the same energy we use to have faith. If we worry we hinder God’s plan for us, so have FAITH especially on His promises of deliverance and supernatural protection. Our God is for us and Not against us and His plan is to prosper us in every area no matter what the circumstances. Think about Elijah… The Lord not only protected him but also supernaturally provided for… Read more »
Mimi D
Mimi D
September 4, 2016 10:51 pm

I agree Francy. Lately the Lord has instructed me to “fast” my electronics, so it’s no coincidence that you are sharing this important post. Thank you

Francy
Francy
September 5, 2016 12:24 am

I’m glad I posted it. My suggestion to you Mimi is to obey and don’t procrastinate like I did and then I had to learn the hard way.( long story)

Lynne NZ
Lynne NZ
September 4, 2016 10:03 pm

Francy, how wonderful to have you back…I missed your posts! Here’s a little something that might be interesting, I had been thinking about your dream/vision where you saw faz shares go up to $40/50k and drop really fast. I said to God, if that dream was from you, then please have Francy come back on Z3. Mmmmm….here you are!!! Interestinger and interestinger!!!
Glad your back anyway….welcome home!!!

Francy
Francy
September 5, 2016 12:25 am

Thanks for the warm welcome. I missed the fellowship here.

Rachel Baxter
September 5, 2016 7:14 am

Words of wisdom Francy! Thanks for sharing!

Francy
Francy
September 6, 2016 7:31 am

Thanks Rachel

Carol
Carol
September 3, 2016 5:38 pm
Here is the dream from a brother in Christ from Mexico had in May 22,2016. Excuse my grammar since English is not by birth tongue. Judgment is coming to all nations. Puerto Rico your time is up! he said people will be watching tv while this happen. He saw the Lord and took Puerto Rico’s map and shook it from all four corners. The Lord said: I Jehova I am bringing judgment to Venezuela, Dominican Republic, Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay and Colombia. The Lord said: Honduras you will not scape, and you Guatemala and Salvador I am angry at you soon judgment is coming to you. Salvador, you have turn bloodshed with the killings and violence. Strong wings are coming to France and destruction will come. A portion of Italy will disappear completely. Big waves of cold freezing winds are coming to Spain and many will die. Mexico will have a strong earthquake that will last a long time, it will hit the capital and many other cities and the ground will open. The Lord told him where he is at is not safe. All 50 states of America will be judge. The Lord said: some will be judge by fire, water, hurricanes, storms, tsunami, and strong cold weather. There will be a strong earthquake like no one seem before that will cause two more earthquakes. The water will be contaminate it and part of America will be desolate it. China, I am coming for you because of your idolatry to the dragon. Brazil, for your Carnaval Festival. I will take my little childrens and seniors citizens with me because they will not be able to bare for what’s coming. I love them dearly and don’t want them to suffer. Take care of your garments and do not let anyone deceive… Read more »
Matthew Weiler
Matthew Weiler
September 4, 2016 1:46 pm

Not sure if your aware, but actually there is a huge move of God in Guatemala and great unity among the church as of recently. From my understanding the new president is a strong believer and is looking to greatly reform the country of corruption. I have an uncle there who has been a missionary for years and has even met with the current president and confirms that he has a godly man. What’s happening there somewhat behind the scenes is remarkable for those who are in the trenches. God being angry with Guatemala frankly seems off..

Cali
Cali
September 3, 2016 5:59 pm

Rachel Baxter
September 3, 2016 11:37 am

On Sunday, the Lord spoke to me that an “earthquake would go off Saturday”.

I mistakenly guessed that the earthquake would be in California, but this time the Lord was giving me a word close to home!

This morning just after 7am in Omaha, Nebraska we awoke to our house shaking for just under a minute! This is extremely rare for us! The earthquake originated in Pawnee, Oklahoma at a shallow depth and magnitude of 5.8 later downgraded to a 5.6.

Chloe
September 3, 2016 12:16 pm

I had woken up this morning thinking about your “saturday” earthquake and then just saw the news. Glad every z3ers in the affected areas are ok! Very scary and sobering! I believe it is not just US but the whole world is under judgment!

HFO
HFO
September 3, 2016 1:10 pm

I live in the Omaha area too and happened to be sitting up in bed praying and my bed started moving back and forth. At first I thought something was manifesting, (ha ha) then I realized it was the ground shaking. I was surprised to read the earthquake was centered so far away.
I keep having a vision of the earth being pulled apart (similar to the picture to this article) by two very large hands and then water flows into the very large crack in the ground.

Susie
Susie
September 3, 2016 11:49 am

Yes, Rachel, I was thinking about your word when I was sitting on my couch with the ground rumbling beneath me in OK. I was supposed to leave town early this morning to go across the state and felt uneasy about it all day yesterday. I prayed that if I was not supposed to go, that He would let me know clearly by morning. I didn’t go.

Ruth
Ruth
September 4, 2016 10:49 am

Wow Rachel, your word from the Lord certainly was manifested quickly! But this morning while reading the Assemblies of God devotional God’s Word for Today, I was reminded that often a valid vision or prophecy takes a long time to be fulfilled — See Ezekiel 12:21-28. Even if delayed due to God’s mercy, His prophetic word will surely come to pass!

Rachel Baxter
September 5, 2016 7:11 am

Ruth – yes, you are right. So much else the Lord has spoken to me is still yet to be seen, but I am encouraged by this word and feel a sense of breakthrough that He will give us “now” words so that we can be perfectly positioned for safety in the times of trial, calamity, and shaking ahead in each moment.

Mimi D
Mimi D
September 2, 2016 1:23 pm

Prayer-communicate with the Lord throughout the day. It doesn’t have to be complicated people…just a simple “Lord, show mercy to our land”. After praying for others, the Lord will probably solve your own unsolvable problems.

Matt
Matt
September 2, 2016 8:17 pm

Thanks for the encouragement Mimi! I know I personally sometimes feel like my prayers are lacking when I get overwhelmed and can’t pray a long, substantive prayer… “I don’t even know what to pray for Lord, but your will be done!” has often been what spills out…

Sheryl Fortnat
September 2, 2016 8:49 pm

Matt.. I pray “God have mercy in Your judgment”. I know there is a Scripture reference for that prayer as well as the one about the Holy Spirit using our sighs and groans. I offer it all up to my Messiah on behalf of all. God bless all at z3.

Peggy A.
September 3, 2016 9:26 pm

“Thy Will be done.”
“Deliver us from evil.”
“Thy Kingdom come.”

Paula
Paula
September 2, 2016 3:41 pm

Wow! I just had to read Isaiah 24 and all I could say was wow! That entire chapter came alive to me. This is exactly what is happening in the earth today. Will be praying for God’s mercy. Thanks for posting James.

Ken Harbeson
Ken Harbeson
September 2, 2016 1:25 pm

Amen James! May we pray for the mercy of our Lord during these judgements.

Cali
Cali
September 2, 2016 2:53 pm

Amen Ken H and thank you James

Cali
Cali
September 2, 2016 3:11 pm

Psalm91

MVP
MVP
September 4, 2016 1:00 pm

This is what I was given in prayer this morning: Pray and intercede for the churches and the schools.

Brenda
September 5, 2016 3:38 pm

We definitely need to pray for churches and schools. Prior to the start of school this year, I was led to go onsite for each of my grandkids schools and pray and anoint the buildings. Another thing to think about. September 11th falls on a Sunday this year. Judgment starts at the house of God. We really need to pray. I also keep getting the words nuclear attack. The last time was on Saturday night the 27th. I dreamed that yellow stone erupted then the scene shifted and I heard a military announcement but it was in code. I didn’t know what it meant but I knew that it was something bad. There was a man close by and I asked him what this announcement meant. He said nuclear attack. My response was we only have 15 minutes. I then immediately told my family to get on their knees and pray and repent to make sure they are right with God. I also tried to warn other people in the dream but they didn’t pay attention to me. I then started singing the name of Jesus then I woke up. When I woke up for some reason I felt like 15 minutes means 15 days. I went to the calendar and counted 15 days with August 28th as the first day. The 15th day is September 11th.
Keep in mind I heard the words nuclear attack. That doesn’t mean a bomb to a city necessarily. After the earthquake on Saturday, I really feel like that was a warning from the Lord. Perhaps a manmade earthquake is in the making with the use of nuclear devices as a form of attack against the US. All I know is we need to pray like never before.

michelle Gibson
michelle Gibson
September 3, 2016 12:55 pm

I just want to say again, Thanks for all you do James and everyone else that gives their time here. I am so glad I found this site