“I Will Raise Up a Company of Those Who Linger”

I had a powerful encounter recently with the heart of God that has left me broken with longing for Him in such a gloriously, deeper way. It was an encounter that moved me so deeply. Experiencing His heart at such a deep level, left me never the same. Hearing the longing from His heart so deeply awakened in me again, the deeper cry to lay down my life and everything to KNOW HIM! To minister to Him! To love Him! To worship Him! That my life would MOVE HIS HEART!

I heard this cry, this deep longing out of the heart of God, so deep, so yearning, it set me alight and yet hurt my heart so deeply. I heard Him saying, “Where Are Those Who Will Linger? Where Are Those Who Will Linger in My Presence in This Season of Acceleration?”

LINGER: Stay in a place longer than necessary because of a reluctance to leave. (Definition taken from Google)

I was left undone!!!! Hearing the heart of God in such deep longing for His people, such deep, deep yearning to know His people and for His people to enjoy His presence. To simply be with Him, to sit as two best friends sit together, even without words, just enjoying each other.

“For just one day of intimacy with you is like a thousand days of joy rolling into one! I’d rather stand at the threshold in front of the Gate Beautiful, ready to go in and worship my God, than to live my life without you in the most beautiful palace of the wicked.” (Psalm 84:10 – The Passion Translation)

The Lord spoke to me that in this season of acceleration there is a temptation to NOT LINGER, but actually in this season, the people of God must be EVEN MORE INTENTIONAL to LINGER in His presence!!!!!

“As My people say YES to Me in this season, waiting on Me, delighting in Me, sitting with Me, I will raise up a COMPANY OF THOSE WHO LINGER and they shall be the ones who KNOW the secrets and meditations of MY HEART!!!!!!!!”

The Lord showed me the danger of getting caught up in the ‘winds of acceleration’ and striving, self-promotion and ‘building your own kingdom’ in this season will all sprout forth from a life that does not linger. As the people of God LINGER in His presence, His Spirit is dealing with, breaking and healing those issues.

The PRIORITY in this season MUST BE “OUR LINGERING!!”

“You will know those who LINGER in My presence in this season as they will walk with a DEEP REST that is TANGIBLE and you will see the fire of the revelation secrets of My heart in their eyes. Those that linger will see the largest LIFT OFF of their lives in this season and it will be by the wind of My Spirit alone.

The season of acceleration does not mean “busier.” It means I am doing things faster. Breakthrough is happening with greater momentum and velocity. But the more the acceleration winds increase, the more you are to LINGER My people.”

The Lord then highlighted Joshua to me:

9 Whenever Moses entered the tent, the pillar of cloud would descend and stand at the entrance of the tent; and the Lord would speak with Moses.
10 When all the people saw the pillar of cloud standing at the entrance of the tent, all the people would arise and worship, each at the entrance of his tent.
11 Thus the Lord used to speak to Moses face to face, just as a man speaks to his friend. When Moses returned to the camp, his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, would not depart from the tent. (Exodus 33:9-11)

Joshua LINGERED!! Moses LINGERED!! Abraham LINGERED!! David LINGERED!!

There is such a deep and glorious invitation to LINGER in His presence in this season. The greatest joy is to know Him and carry His heart, to know what He is dreaming about, to know the secrets of His heart.

The Lord is PURSUING US and He is CALLING OUT THE PURSUERS!

“Where are those who will linger? Where are those who will linger in this season of acceleration?”

His eyes are roaming! His eyes are searching! He’s looking! Does that not cause you to be undone? The heart of Almighty God is looking for those who will LINGER. Why? So He can REVEAL His heart and fellowship with His people.

“There is a private place reserved for the lovers of God where they sit near Him and receive the revelation-secrets of His promises” – (Psalm 25:13 – The Passion Translation)

In the LINGERING there is a depth of His heart and rivers of the Spirit being entered into by the people of God that have never been experienced before.

There is NO END to discovering the heart of God and He’s inviting you and I in. Let us not take His invitation lightly! Let us not cast away His question. Let us cry out together, that His Spirit burn that question He is asking SO DEEP within us, that we are MOVED! We are shaken out of any areas of complacency and awakened to deeper intimacy and friendship with our Beloved. Let us be INTENTIONAL to INVITE His Spirit to CONVICT US!

In this season of acceleration, let our priority be to LINGER. Let His eyes fall upon us and our LIVES and POSITIONING be an answer to His question:

“Where Are Those Who Will Linger? Where Are Those Who Will Linger in My Presence in This Season of Acceleration?”

Lana Vawser

Author: Lana Vawser

Lee
Lee
January 26, 2017 10:04 AM

Thanks for the beautiful word. I see the lingering like how an engaged couple are just before the wedding. All they want to do is be with each other, think about each other and continue to fall madly in love with their betrothed. Jesus has asked us to marry Him. We have said yes. Now our true love will be tested in this time of acceleration.

Like Hebrews 12 …”let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us (our strong will), and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith”,…

I pray we will linger and fix our eyes on Jesus. Nothing else satisfies.

Shelly
Shelly
January 26, 2017 8:06 PM

These types of messages are really painful to me because I have a hard time connecting with God then I feel guilty for not even being able to linger. I do try to seek Him every day but it is a struggle for me. I have repented and forgiven everyone to the deepest level I know how and I don’t know what else to do to get a breakthrough with a closer relationship with God and to hear Him clearer. Please pray for me but please, please do not give me pat and religious answers. I know God loves me, I keep my eyes on Him the best I know how.

guild
guild
January 27, 2017 9:08 AM

Shelly. Worship. If you play an instrument try praying while playing. If not. Go to you tube pick a worship playlist and put it on. Set aside time for just you and God. That is just for you two. Maybe start with 10 15 min a day… And allow him to increase it. He will one day your eyes will glace at the clock and you will realize you’ve been worshipping a few hours. God bless you!

Shelly
Shelly
January 27, 2017 2:45 PM

guild
guild
January 27, 2017 10:15 AM
littledove
littledove
January 27, 2017 12:46 PM

I understand completely how you feel .Shelly -a wise woman told me once -“the Lord requires that we act justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with Him and we stay close to Jesus by repentance ,study ,worship and prayer ….so all these are many many ways that we are ::lingering:: some of these words are never for me at all as I am too new (2 yrs) so the word for the seasoned christian doesent always apply to me (although I glean much wisdom from others experience and walk) It took me 6 months to realize it was the enemy (voice) that was –pushing -frightening confusing condemning and discouraging me —For the Lord God (voice)–leads reassures encourages comforts enlightens and calms you —Just as a new christian -being able to discern WHO was leading in my mind and emotions gave me more power to cast out and rebuke the enemy and trust and rest in his peace -I hope this helps sister —

Shelly
Shelly
January 27, 2017 2:48 PM

Thank you littledove.

Steph B.
Steph B.
January 27, 2017 9:34 AM

Sometimes it’s simply a fear of being treated by God as we have been treated by humans. I have had to study the names of God in the Bible to recognize who He is. (The names of Jesus and the Holy Spirit are informative, too.) You can also take 1 Cor 13 and put “God is” in place of “Love is.” It is hard, for me at least, to believe that God is who He says He is when I don’t see it reflected in the Church.

Shelly
Shelly
January 27, 2017 2:48 PM

Thank you Steph B.

Michele
Michele
January 26, 2017 12:04 PM

Yes! Yes! Yes and Amen! Beautifully put! It’s only in this secret place with Him where we will find all that we need. All that we need is IN HIM! In this intimate shadow of His wing is protection, blessing, fellowship. It is here we hear His heart beat. Thank you once again for sharing! I am blessed and encouraged!

Rob
Rob
January 26, 2017 7:33 PM

Both Mary and Martha loved the Lord and were loved by Him. But, while Martha engaged herself in the “busy”ness of serving (not an unworthy enterprise in itself) Mary chose the more excellent way by sitting at the feet of Jesus and listening to His words and enjoying his presence. It was of Mary that Jesus said that what she did would be a (spiritual) blessing to her that would never be taken from her.

ref: Luke 10:38-42

Thomas
Thomas
January 26, 2017 1:05 PM
This morning,very early before the sun rose I’m thanking Him and praising Him for all the new things He is doing in the earth but, and especially [ I was deeply grateful for and felt the need for us,His body, to intercede and pray for James Bailey and Z3news and those of us who ARE so Blessed here with this place. I am sounding the cry as a watchman to intercede for him and his family as he is in the front lines of battle and taking the heat for many of us! So that all of Satan’s plans to divide us with strife and arguments and schisms will be revealed and that none of his schemes will succeed. Father Yhwh’s perfect will be done in us His Body as He is bringing bone to bone together and flesh and sinews coming upon the bones and that we may stand up and His breath, the breath of the Holy Spirit breathe life into His body and we shall stand upon our feet as a great army of YHWH! ! !] The real reason that first brought me to your article, Lana was the word ‘Linger’… and so to confirm what the Spirit is speaking through you in this article, this morning I found myself wandering aimlessly around the farm praying & worshipping Him and when I came to an area of high grasses and brush and it was difficult for me to walk and I remembered when I was able to kick my way through, up or over anything and as I’m wishing for those days again(a particular scripture is playing in my head now- Num. 11:4 – ? ) the Lord asked me if I would be ‘wandering aimlessly’ with Him now about the farm if I had two… Read more »
January 26, 2017 2:15 PM

Thanks for the prayers Thomas.

Thomas
Thomas
January 26, 2017 4:40 PM

God showed me you are one of the ‘sons of thunder’ and that’s a good thing. He has two men, I believe(you have great discernment and you will know this through prayer) that are to be your (not sure how to describe this but what I saw was these two flanking you, one on each side and slightly behind you) ?rear guard? That does not sound right to my natural mind but the Spirit knows and He will interpret for you. I believe He identified one of those to me but I will not put it out on here, you may contact me personally though.
And now may the God of peace guide you and lead you into His paths of peace and still waters, in Yahuwshua’s mighty Name
Thomas

January 26, 2017 6:03 PM

Thanks for the encouragement Thomas. You are accurate about the two men and I thank God for their help.

Matt Smith
January 27, 2017 9:59 AM
Here is a word from Kathi Pelton. This is an encouraging prophetic word. Even though It was posted on Aug 8, 2016. I just discovered it today. “Yo Are Not Late! You Are On Time!” The one thing that I’ve discovered in all of my years while walking with God is that His timing and my timing often do not match up. It’s no different than His ways are not my ways and His wisdom does not seem wise in our human understanding. As I sat down on this Monday morning to listen to the Spirit of the Lord, I almost immediately heard the words, “Tell My people that they are not late but they are right in My timing.” Then I saw a vision of people at an old fashion train station who were wearing travel clothes and carried travel bags. Their clothes looked like the clothing of those from the early 1900’s. They were waiting at this train station for what seemed like a very long time and kept checking their pocket watches to check the time. As they waited someone with dark clothing came up behind each of them and whispered in their ear that they were late and had missed the train. As they heard these words grief and disappointment came over their faces. I saw many look again at their watches and shake their heads in dismay. Then they sat down not knowing where to go or what to do. They could not go back but did not know how to go forward. They felt hopeless because they believed that they had been late and missed the train. But God…. He has a different report! God says that you are not late but right on time. You have not left everything behind in vain and… Read more »
Monica
Monica
January 27, 2017 12:20 PM

Wow! Thank you so much for sharing this word Matt, really spoke to me. It is not too late God is about to show up and show out!

Matt Smith
January 27, 2017 12:38 PM

It spoke to me too. This is why I shared it. This is Kathi and her Husbands blog site address https://oceansinthedesert.com

Monica
Monica
January 27, 2017 12:42 PM

Thank you I will surely check out their blog.

Corrine
January 26, 2017 6:57 AM

Lana,
Beautiful word, thank you for sharing. Yes I want to be one of those that lingers.
Blessings, Corrine

Daniel David
Daniel David
January 26, 2017 6:52 AM

Dear Lana,

Thank you for your posts. They always help me stay faithful and focused. I’m currently finishing a book I’ve been working on for 13 years and just finished a chapter about fiat currency, The Federal Reserve, and the evil cabal that runs almost all the central banks worldwide. It’s quite a collusion and conspiracy to take over the bodies, minds and souls of the people.

Now on to October 23rd. This has been a number that has played a critical role in my spiritual journey. Three very significant people in my life were born on this date. It has represented my internal battle, my Jihad (struggle) with the good and evil inside of me. That’s where the battle always begins.

We need to stop pointing fingers, assessing blame to the ‘other’ and start uniting in the name of Jesus Christ. This union is not about being a Christian, part of the Empire of Christendom. It’s about a marriage, having an intimate relationship with our Messiah.

I am a Gentile (Italian) and a Jew (Ashkenazi) and know wholeheartedly that I am a son of an apostle, and an apostle of the Lord myself. I’m also the Lord’s Faithful Wife and the Blessed Mother of His children, sons and daughters of the faith. Once again not Christianity, but true teachings of Jesus, Son of God and Son of Man, a humble Jew from Nazareth,

It’s time for us all to wake up to the Way, the Truth and the Life, and pay attention – open up the eyes of understanding and listen, truly listen to the love-song God’s been singing to His people since the beginning of time. Selah.

Peace and Much Love,

Daniel David Lattarulo

Ed H
Ed H
January 26, 2017 9:27 AM

Lana,
What an encouraging word. Im guilty of lingering in the things that don’t matter. One of the hardest things for me to do is just sit and be still. I want a tent moment like Moses.

Wendy
Wendy
January 26, 2017 8:45 AM

Just the encouragement I needed – praise the Lord. I look forward to embracing and soaking in the presence of our Lord and King. Blessed be the name of the Lord!

Thanks Lana – you are such a precious vessel of our Father. Blessings to you and your family today – amen!

Liz W.
Liz W.
January 26, 2017 6:43 AM

This is what I’ve been longing for.