The Heavens Will Shake and the Earth Will Tremble, A Plea to Come Out of Babylon

shaking_heaven

Oh, the days ahead. So much change is upon your nation and all the nations of this world. Every high place must fall before I return to take my rightful place on the the throne. The Kings of this earth conspire to hold fast to power, but it will not be so. Not one king, one ruler, will be left when I am done.

A new “breed” of leader is rising even now, a people given over to My purposes – a people after My own heart, and I will bestow upon them the mantle and the head dress. I will call them into service and set them in their rightful place in My Kingdom which comes.

Yes, “in the times of those kings” I am establishing my Kingdom. It is as a mustard seed in this day, but it will grow to be mighty and fill the whole earth.

“And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.” ‭‭(Daniel‬ ‭2:44‬ ‭KJV‬‬)

The earth groans under the weight of the sin that runs rampant. Yes. Even the earth cries out today. You heard it last eve. (I was awoken at 11:21 pm last night to a screaming or screeching and I didn’t know if it was occurring in the physical or spiritual realm.)

“For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.” (Romans‬ ‭8:22‬ ‭KJV‬‬)

The pressure is building under the surface of the earth and it shall be released. The heavens will shake and the earth will tremble and man will know that I am God. The high places will fall down, and then I will come for the whole earth to see the Truth of I Am.

The angels have gathered with trumpets to their mouths. They are ready to blow at My signal. Listen. Wait upon me. Hold fast to My promises. I’ve come to bring life and bring it abundantly. I’ve also come to separate the wheat from the tares.

(The Lord appointed His holy Feasts and they were to be kept for all generations. The 5th Feast is Feast of Trumpets or Rosh Hashana and began at sunset on October 2, marking the start of the Hebrew calendar year 5777. See Leviticus 23)

“Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.” (‭Matthew‬ ‭13:30‬ ‭KJV‬‬)

You will see brother turn against brother, and Father against mother because of Me. Yet, do not be discouraged for I will never leave you or forsake you My children. A “coming out of Babylon” must occur. You must “come out of her My people” so that you can rest under the shadow of the Most High.

“And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.” (‭Revelation‬ ‭18:4‬ ‭KJV‬‬)

Babylon is filled with idols and false Gods of every type. Do not be deceived. There is the righteous and then there is the deceived. Is a little sin still sin? Is a little worship of a false God still sin? Seek out the depths of your own heart. Do you see what I see? Do you see where things of this world take you from what is of Me?

In this season of baseball and football, where does your heart lie? Yes, I am the great creator who created all good things, and I find joy is man’s joys, but when you place these things above Me, when you sacrifice who I’ve created you to be for the joys of hollow things, My heart is saddened and the enemy of your own heart rejoices.

Pagan worship today is no different than pagan worship 3,000 years ago. Do not see yourselves any differently than those who built golden calves and tall poles. You are no different. In this season, you decorate your own houses in bones and blood. You dress your children in costumes making them into something they were never meant to be, and you parade them around begging from door to door for food that is no food at all. Yes, you sacrifice your own children up on the alter of Baal. You want to call it something different, but I still call it sin. Disobedience and rebellion are the earliest forms of sin man knew. You call it tradition and “culture” but I still call it sin. (A replica of the Arch of Baal was resurrected last week in New York City.)

I plead to you, Come out of her My children, and come to Me. Seek My face and you will find it. Invite Me into your heart and I will come. Listen, quiet yourself and your own thoughts, and I will speak to you. I’ve asked you to wait, but the wait is nearly over. Those who seek My face will find it and they will know that I am God. I am the one and only creator. I’ve created each of you for such a tremendous purpose, your own heart could not contain the joy I have for you, if only you would choose me.

I cannot tolerate the lukewarm body, for it is this portion of My body that will die.

“So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” (Revelation‬ ‭3:16‬ ‭KJV‬)

A body, in order to live, must all be connected together to the same circulatory system and nervous system. The church body today is disjointed and disconnected like dismembered body parts. How can it live? It cannot. All the separate parts are now barely alive and have been living on life support. It is time for the true body to come together. I am the head and I will give the direction that is needed. I am calling to My many parts to come into alignment again. Followers of Luther, follow Me instead, Followers of Calvin, follow Me. Followers of Pope, follow Me.

Throughout the earth, I am putting forth a gathering cry that all My body would again come back together under Me. Apart, all the pieces shall surely die, but together all the pieces will join in perfect harmony and move together in one motion.

Persecution has come, and soon it will fill all the earth, even in this land of so-called freedom. Methodists, Protestants, Presbyterians, Lutherans, Catholics, Evangelicals – no matter the label you’ve given yourself – your “brand” of Christianity cannot sustain you. The only brand of Christianity that will be triumphant in this final age and end of days is the one under Me. I am the God-head, the three-in-one, and it will be only My true body that will carry on past this age into the next. The time for “doctrine” has ended. The time for “discipleship” is all that will prevail.

This is truth: I’ve called you by name. If you heed My call today, you will find your name written in the book of life. If you turn away in the false belief that there will always be more time given, you will be cut-off from Me for eternity. Choose wisely. I desire that all would choose life, but this shall not be so.

4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. (Ephesians‬ ‭4:4-6 KJV‬‬)

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: (Ephesians‬ ‭4:12-13 KJV‬‬)

16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love. (Ephesians 4:16‬ ‭KJV‬‬)

Rachel Baxter

Author: Rachel Baxter

Rachel Baxter is a wife and mother of four children. She earned a
Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Engineering and an MBA.

Rachel was baptized, confirmed, and married in the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod. She was never taught about the power of the Holy Spirit. In 2013, she was baptized into the Holy Spirit while in her bedroom crying out from her floor. Since that time, the Lord has changed her life in every way.

She felt called by God to help establish the Lord’s Mountain of Education and has a heart to see children and adults alike set into the destiny God has for them. In 2014 she founded Valor Christian Academy Omaha, a Spirit-Led Missional school in Omaha, Nebraska. The focus of the school is equipping children to walk in their God-given destiny according to Ephesians 4.

That same year the Lord began to speak to her about the things that are coming upon the earth from His redemptive judgments and from the plans of the enemy.

Rachel is also a part of One Whole Heart Ministry, an inner healing ministry, that seeks to set people free from hurt through forgiveness and repentance, and to help them hear the Lord’s voice and follow Him. She shares her insights on her blog site, called Scroll and Fig Leaf.

Bethany
Bethany
October 3, 2016 1:06 PM

Thank you for this word of wisdom from our Lord and Savior! This is our first year not celebrating Halloween and my kids are fine with it. It’s my parents and siblings that don’t agree without decision. The Lord spoke to me to not fear man but to fear Him alone. I have repented for celebrating it and for only thinking it was just for fun. I want to be part of Gods plan and have my family positioned to bring in the harvest. May God continue to bless your family Rachel!

Mary
Mary
October 3, 2016 1:45 PM

Same with us; first year not participating in Halloween. The last 2 years I had been putting Christian tracts in with the candy bags, but I felt so strongly about it that I said no more. My middle child and husband think I am a crazy fanatic….I just pray. Now I just want to get rid of the decorations, but the resistance of the family just had me box it up and store it in the garage, at least it is out of the house.

Here’s another thing I question. My husband has all this old hard rock music, it sits in a case in the living room, among a few other things I have managed to throw in the trash, how does one expect the Lord to bless and work through them when all that mess is in the house? I have prayed and prayed and asked the Lord to please have favor upon the kids and I, and to please not hold these things against us as my husband is his to change. I can only have faith that the Lord will have mercy on us despite my husbands decisions.

Thank you Rachel, thank you!

Jerome Popiel
Jerome Popiel
October 3, 2016 8:40 PM

Good for you Mary! I think your family would quickly change if you showed them some vidios by former Satanist High Priest John Ramirez on You Tube. Halloween is truly Satan’s holiday. Many churches have replaced it with “harvest festival”. He says even this is not of God and he wishes they wouldn’t do it. Shalom.

Rachel Baxter
October 3, 2016 1:32 PM

May Jesus grow in your heart more and more Bethany!

Peggy A.
October 3, 2016 5:25 PM
The LORD’s Words Today (through SUSAN DAVIS of Indiana, U.S.A.) Dear Followers of CHRIST: Today someone sent me this question: How do I know if I have CHRIST’s SPIRIT? How to test whether I have it or not? This is my honest opinion: these are ways to know if you have CHRIST’s SPIRIT in you: you will begin to want to read the Bible–and to stop doing other things that would keep you from or distract you from it you will seem to appreciate the Bible more and to even understand it better you will not want to sin against GOD WHO created you and loves you because you no longer want to hurt His feelings you will care for the things GOD cares for: people lost and going to hell and how to reach them–you will even view things in the world as trivial compared to reaching others for CHRIST so that they don’t fall into eternal hell–other’s people’s souls will be more important to you than watching droning and infantile TV shows and movies secular materials, movies, TV will be offensive to you because they have anti-Christ and worldly viewpoints: pursuing prosperity, wasting time, hurting others for your own gain, etc. etc. you will want to KNOW GOD–truly KNOW HIM–you will want to find out all about HIM–what HE likes, dislikes, cares for, what HE eats for breakfast you will cherish GOD’s views, HIS perspectives, HIS desires, HIS goals and you will want to have the same views, perspectives, desires, goals–that’s called being in GOD’s Will (you can ask to be in HIS Will everyday by the filling of HIS SPIRIT) you will want to spend eternity with and getting to KNOW this GOD you will want others to have this same perspective because you love your neighbor… Read more »
Mar R
October 5, 2016 1:39 PM

Powerful! Thank you Peggy for this post. It is so encouraging!

Sujit Thomas
Sujit
October 5, 2016 1:17 PM

Peggy,

I will need to record this comment somehow. You have blessed me by sharing this. I guess I was unconsciously seeking an answer to such a question. I kinda discounted all the above “signs” and didn’t think much of them. But reading them here and recognizing their presence in my life has, for lack of a better term, literally opened my eyes!

I thank you and bless you in return, Peggy.

Peggy A.
October 5, 2016 9:43 PM

Sujit,
You’re welcome. Perhaps you could copy and paste it to Word Pad and then print it out?

Sujit Thomas
Sujit
October 5, 2016 11:22 PM

I just saved it on my system, Peggy. Thanks!

Matt Smith
Matt Smith
October 3, 2016 7:00 AM

This message is from God. God is not with division of his people.

Ole Sorensen
Ole Sorensen
October 3, 2016 7:48 PM

Matt Smith:

Romans 11:34,
“For who has known the mind of the Lord,
or who has been his counselor?”

1 John 4:1,
“Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.”

God is indeed for unity:

1 Peter 3:8,
“Finally, all of you, have unity of mind, sympathy, brotherly love, a tender heart, and a humble mind.”

October 3, 2016 8:06 AM
Rachel, you said, “the feasts are to be kept by all generations” but under the New Covenant, the Apostle Paul said this, pay particular attention to v 16-17: 8See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ. 9For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form, 10and in Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over all rule and authority; 11and in Him you were also circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, in the removal of the body of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ; 12having been buried with Him in baptism, in which you were also raised up with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead. 13When you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions, 14having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us, which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. 15When He had disarmed the rulers and authorities, He made a public display of them, having triumphed over them through Him. 16Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day— 17things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ. 18Let no one keep defrauding you of your prize by delighting in self-abasement and the worship of the angels, taking his stand on visions he has seen, inflated… Read more »
Scott
Scott
October 3, 2016 9:46 AM

Aaron,

I am no theologian…but I will tell you the direction I am headed. I am studying and trying to incorporate the Jewish Holidays into my worship. Jesus did not cancel the old testament…he fulfilled it. Jesus was a Jew that celebrated all the Jewish holidays…the most written about is the Jewish holiday of the Passover.Jesus was crucified and resurrected on the Passover. I now celebrate Jesus resurrection on the Jewish Passover…not the Christian Easter celebration…which was changed by Catholic doctrine of early Pope. But these festivals were anointed by God as days of celebration and worship…I am just finally acknowledging them…versus being oblivious. God Bless You Brother!

October 3, 2016 10:47 AM

That’s awesome Scott, my question for you is, if you fulfilled the terms of your mortgage, do you keep making payments on a house that is bought and paid for?

Country Girl
Country Girl
October 3, 2016 12:21 PM

Aaron- We are not forced into Legalism if we choose to celebrate the Feasts. We are delighting in these High Holy Days that pointed to Jesus’s coming, our redemption through Him and His Return to take us home. The Apostles maintained these Holy Days. They continue to be a Blessing to all who opt to observe them.

Scott
Scott
October 3, 2016 12:45 PM

No…but I keep paying my taxes & insurance.

October 3, 2016 2:06 PM

Now that’s funny, lol. But those taxes & insurance have nothing to do with your mortgage company, the contract has been fulfilled 🙂

Scott
Scott
October 3, 2016 3:09 PM

Celebrating God’s Jewish Holidays is my insurance! Take care Brother!

October 3, 2016 3:25 PM

Jesus’ finished work is mine. I hope you have a blessed week Scott!

Rachel Baxter
October 3, 2016 10:07 AM

Aaron – Thanks for sharing. I believe I do understand what you are saying and it is a good warning to heed that we would not be taken captive by men’s philosophy and traditions. What the Lord has been speaking to me is that these 7 feasts of the Lord are His, and not men’s. I believe God had an incredible purpose in instituting them. He wanted to point us to Jesus 1st coming and to His 2nd. The construct of the 7 days of Creation, 6 with God creating and the 7th with Him resting, also point to the 6000 years we’ve lived on this earth and the 1000 years of rest that are coming under Jesus.

October 3, 2016 10:54 AM

Thank you so much for your gracious reply Rachel. My only problem and you aren’t doing it, but I see a lot of people preaching/teaching the shadow and not the Substance (Jesus.) A guy I like had a good take on Acts 15 when the disciples and James had to answer this:

Jerome Popiel
Jerome Popiel
October 3, 2016 9:21 PM

I have also been learning of the importance of the 7 feasts. I’m 62 and have attended many churches of every flavor from Baptist to Pentecostal, but have never heard them taught. Perhaps it is because of St. Paul’s warning in Galatians 4. “But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage? Ye observe days and months and times, and years. I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.” They actually have a great deal of prophetic significance for this time. I have learned that a more biblical name is “appointments” rather than “feasts”.

Evang K
October 3, 2016 9:33 AM

Hi, i m new here but follow this site with much joy and i want to comment based on Aaron’s post.The feast is not the tradition of men but the commandment of God forever! (2nd kings 17:36-37 says But the LORD,who brought you UP out of the land of Egypt with great power and an streched out arm,HIM shall you fear, and HIM shall you worship,and to HIM shall ye do sacrifice…37 And the statutes,and the commandment which HE wrote for you,ye shall observe to do FOR EVERMORE; and ye shall fear no other gods) When apostle Paul taught,he taught “let no Man beguile you”.. Man here represents ” dead teachings by dead teachers who parade themselves as annointed men of God without being led of The Spirit of YAHUVEH” and that is the Pharisaical spirit hoping to control with their own type of church programs,pastor’s earthly rules and lies! but not the absolute command of YAHUVEH HIMSELF! Remember,he talked about philosophy, fleshly mind, etc.He meant, not continuing in the dead works of the Israelites without having a one on one deep and personal r/ship with YAHUSHUA HA MASHIAC the WORD of GOD ELOHIM because HE alone has become our living sacrifice… No feast nor sacrifice is alive without it being of HIM!!! Ask yourself,can the word of written by GOD be a fraud?? Or did man ie our present day Pharisaical church/ deceitful pastors try to turn it that way? Apostle Paul was warning against such so try to understand ..this is the 3day,which is the resurrection day,And HIS WORD cannot be buried again for us to be fed with lies! The WORD OF GOD IS RISEN!!!..HALLELUJAH! YAHUSHUA is risen and our heart circumsized . The WORD IS!!!

October 3, 2016 10:55 AM

1 Timothy 1:9
Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

2 Cor. 5:21 – We are the righteousness of God in Christ

Evang K
October 3, 2016 2:49 PM

Yes,the law (law of sin and death) is not made for the righteous who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit because there is the LAW OF THE SPIRIT OF LIFE IN YAHUSHUA HA MASHIAC and there is the law of sin and death! If you walk in the law of the spirit of life in HIM,YOU ARE WALKING IN HIS DIVINE AND RIGHTEOUS LAW WHICH IS DEEPLY AND DIVINELY SPIRITUAL! but to walk after the law of the flesh,ie trusting in your own righteousness and fleshly understanding, never allowing the HOLY SPIRIT to teach and direct you like the 5 foolish virgins who went with their lamps without oil (RUACH HA KODESH) is death of the soul.

mem
mem
October 3, 2016 9:04 AM
Aaron – Three of the Feasts are to be kept as “lasting ordinances for all generations to come according to the Bible. Regarding Pentecost/Feast of weeks Leviticus 23:21 21 On that same day you are to proclaim a sacred assembly and do no regular work. This is to be a lasting ordinance for the generations to come, wherever you live. Regarding Day of Atonement Leviticus 23:31 31 You shall do no work at all. This is to be a lasting ordinance for the generations to come, wherever you live. Regarding Feast of Tabernacles Leviticus 23:41 41 Celebrate this as a festival to the Lord for seven days each year. This is to be a lasting ordinance for the generations to come; celebrate it in the seventh month. Did you know that even in the Millennium (The thousand year kingdom shere Yeshua rules from Jerusalem, after the battle of Armageddon) that all people on earth will have a mandatory annual requirement to go to Jerusalem to worship Yeshua, in person, on the Feast of Tabernacles? Yes they will. Here is the scripture. Zechariah 14 16 Then the survivors from all the nations that have attacked Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the Lord Almighty, and to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles. 17 If any of the peoples of the earth do not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord Almighty, they will have no rain. 18 If the Egyptian people do not go up and take part, they will have no rain. The Lord[b] will bring on them the plague he inflicts on the nations that do not go up to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles. 19 This will be the punishment of Egypt and the punishment of all the nations that do… Read more »
October 3, 2016 11:07 AM
Hi Mem, can you please explain to me how the law is for Gentiles and also can you please give me some New Covenant versus backing up your take, I see in 1 Tim 1:9 that the law Is NOT for the righteous and in 2 Cor. 5:21 says We Are the righteousness of God in Christ. Like I replied to Rachel James addressed this in Acts 15: (1) he acknowledges Peter’s testimony of God accepting the uncircumcised and law-less Gentiles (v14) (2) he connects the current move of God with Amos’s prophecy describing the new covenant as one relevant to all Gentiles, i.e., those apart from the law (v16-18) (3) he rejects the call for circumcision and, by association, the requirement to obey the law of Moses (v19) (4) he co-authors a letter to the Gentiles distancing himself from those unauthorized men who had gone out and troubled them by what they said (v24) (5) lest his words be lost in translation, James chose to send his letter with “our dear friends Barnabas and Paul” (v25) I absolutely agree with you that “There is a big difference in keeping the Sabbath/Feasts to “save yourself” and keeping the Sabbath/Feasts, only because you love God.” You then quoted John 14:15 “If you love Me, you will keep my commandments” 1 John 3:23 says “This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us.” I absolutely respect you decision to keep the feasts my only problem is when other believers preach it as a have to or you won’t be blessed if you don’t. You’re not doing that and I don’t think Rachel was either. I just would like to see Jesus preached and the New Covenant preached… Read more »
mem
mem
October 3, 2016 12:44 PM
Hi Aaron – I am no theologian, but I will try to fumble through putting in words here, what I believe. I hope I don’t screw up and let the words get in the way of what I am trying to convey : ) The law is for all peoples. It defines what sin is and is not in the eyes of God. The law is not for the righteous, but for law breakers, because they are already “righteous” or “lawful”. However, we are all law breakers. None of us are righteous in our own right. We claim the righteousness of Christ through repentance, belief, and faith in Christ’s sacrifice and resurrection. Christ is the one that kept the law perfectly. This does not mean we are off the hook for repentance, but through sanctification we continue to repent and strive to become more and more Christlike to where our lawlessness or sin is lessened more and more. Law is not something bad or dirty or to be despised. Rather it is the standard of righteousness. The same standard that Christ kept and was able to make atonement for all of His elect that have sinned/broken the law. Yet, still, if we love Him, we will strive to keep His law/commandments in the process of sanctification Regarding Acts 15. When it talks about the law being pushed on gentile believers by Pharisee believers, I believe refers not only to the Torah (written God given law), but also the Talmud (oral manmade law) which the Pharisses were in love with. The Talmud/oral torah is the same “Heavy Burden” that Yeshua condemned the Pharisees for espousing. The difference here is between Salvation and Sanctification. The Gentile believers are told they can begin by at least doing the following: “You are to abstain… Read more »
October 3, 2016 2:37 PM
Hi Mem, first of all I want to tell you that you have an amazing heart, I can really sense your love for the Lord, God bless. I’ll try and answer in the same order you made your points. 1. The Apostle Paul said that the “law written on tablets of stone are a ministry of death and condemnation” 2 Cor. 3, also as believers in Jesus we are New Creations, 2 Cor. 5:17, created in Righteousness and True Holiness, Eph. 4:24. Jesus is are Righteousness 1 Cor. 1:30 and now we are righteous in Him, 2 Cor. 5:21, we look just like Jesus in our spirits, 1 Cor. 6:17, 1 John 4:17. This comes through our faith and not our ability to keep the law Romans 3:20 – because the law makes no one perfect Hebrews 7:19. 2. The issue of Acts 15 was salvation v. 1, in verse 5 it specifically says that they wanted new believers to “Keep the Law of Moses” and circumcision (Torah and Talmud) 3. Romans 2:14 specifically says the gentiles did not have the Law – The law was given to Israel: Romans 2:12: “All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law.” The contrast here is between Jew and gentile. Jews are under the authority of the law, and gentiles are not. Romans 3:19: “Whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God.” The law speaks to those who are under its authority. 1 Corinthians 9:20-21: “To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became… Read more »
mem
mem
October 3, 2016 3:34 PM

Thanks Aaron – I think I understand where you are coming from. I think some of the controversy comes from the difference between Justification/Salvation and Sanctification. The fact that we both are justified by Christ, yet also required to continue in repentance as we grow in Christ.

Coming full circle on the passage from Paul addressing not judging New Moons, Sabbaths, and Feast days, I went ahead and stated what I believe, but I recognize not everyone feels the same way.

God has had me on a journey that, while I have been a Christian for many many years, in the last few years, for whatever reason, He has brought me closer to being Torah observant, keeping the sabbath holy, and trying to honor His feast days. I have many Christian friends that pretty much put no value on any of that. I don’t judge/condemn them, if they ask me why I celebrate the Feast/Sabbath days I tell them, but there is a lot of distaste for it outside of the messianic jewish/christian movements. So I just try to do what I feel He has put on my heart.
But to be sure, I know that Salvation/Justification comes from Christ’s finished work. Without Him, we have no hope of sharing His habitation. All of my works do nothing to save me, but are only works to honor God in response for His sacrifice for me.

I think there are quite a few messianic jewish/christian/torah observant believers on Z3, maybe they could chime in with their thoughts on this. 119Ministries has a series called the “Pauline Paradox” which digs deep into the relationship or apparent paradox between the Law and the New Covenant. The spoiler is there is no paradox.

Rachel Baxter
October 3, 2016 5:40 PM

Mem, I am like hearted with you. I just want to grow closer to God and all His ways day by day. I may never fully understand them but I would rather come under His ways than man’s ways in all things.

October 3, 2016 3:46 PM

Amen Mem. I really appreciate your sincerity and your point of view. I pray God really blesses you and reveals Jesus to you like never before in your journey. GB

Sujit Thomas
Sujit
October 5, 2016 1:52 PM

I too agree with you that “There is a big difference in keeping the sabbath/feasts to save myself and keeping the sabbath/feasts, only because I love God.”

In fact, God has spoken to me along such lines. It was not about the feasts or the sabbath but about fasting. I once tried to go on a 24-hour fast and failed. I failed because I tried to be overambitious and also took my focus off God during the fast and began counting the hours until the fast ended, entirely defeating the purpose for the fast. Eventually, I didn’t finish it. After a while, I was willing to try again, but this time I asked God. He told me that the primary reason for fasting is to draw close to him, and I do myself no good if I destroy my health in the process. Then he asked if I was willing to do that and, if yes, was I willing to follow his directions to go about it. When I answered in the affirmative, he told me how to go about it and how to spend my time. I can’t say I breezed through, but while it was rigorous and longer, the struggle that I experienced during the earlier attempt was completely absent.

One brother in Christ also cautioned me to be wary of making anything a ritual, be it reading the Word, prayers, communion, even quiet times with the Lord. I believe what God desires from us (was also true of ancient Israel) is fellowship and not rituals.

Mick
Mick
October 3, 2016 2:48 PM

“The tradition of men.”
You consider YHWH’s appointed feasts as traditions of men?
I don’t.

October 3, 2016 2:52 PM

Hi Mick, I didn’t say that, the Apostle Paul said it. I guess if you don’t like it you’ll have to take that up with God and Paul when you get to Heaven. God Bless brother.

Jamie
Jamie
October 3, 2016 8:45 AM

This is so true. We as the church are nowhere near ready and are in danger of being judged with the world, saying, “where is the promise of His coming?” We use His merciful delay as an excuse to justify our apathy. God is not mocked. Whatever we sow, we will also reap.

Ted B.
Ted B.
October 3, 2016 2:35 PM

Just announced; Look at what the Christians in China must face!

CHINA LAUNCHES ‘RELIGIOUS WINTER’ IN BID TO DESTROY CHRISTIANITY IN FIERCE CRACKDOWN

Tammy
Tammy
October 3, 2016 7:39 AM

This really, really resonates with my spirit, thank you, Yeshua, for using your willing vessel, Rachel, to bless us with this timely word.

Rachel Baxter
October 3, 2016 9:54 AM

Thanks for your encouragement Tammy 🙂

Stella
Stella
October 3, 2016 10:46 AM

Rachel as I read through what you posted, I kept raising my hands to the Lord in agreement. It all resonated with my spirit. Thank You Holy Spirit for this wonderful message. Rachel remain blessed.

Marie
Marie
October 3, 2016 11:13 AM

Rachel, I haven’t “celebrated” Halloween for many years now and now that I have my own children, I don’t allow them to celebrate it in any way either. I have taught them the truth in regards to that holiday. I’ve learned recently (over the past 4-5 years) that Christmas is a pagan holiday as well. But it’s so hard now to be a part of it when your entire family celebrates that holiday and you have young children. How do you handle the Christmas holiday?

Rachel Baxter
October 3, 2016 1:31 PM

Marie – I commend you for following the Lord, despite the push back that you may experience from our own culture. It has just been in the last two years that the Lord has begun to wake me up to so much, including the reality that many American cultural norms are not His heart. Last year was the first year that we did not participate in Halloween. To be honest, I don’t know how we are going to handle Christmas this year because to everyone in my extended family and even to my husband, it is a BIG deal complete with trees, decorations, presents, and lots of food.
What I can tell you is this – God honors our heart. He delights in us seeking Him. He doesn’t ask for perfection, but for surrender. I will be praying and seeking Him to help me and my family know what to do. He knows how long it will take us to get positioned out of Babylon and I trust He will give us the time we need. He is a good good Father. It is our hearts that He wants, more than anything.

Mark
Mark
October 3, 2016 5:58 PM
“My Little One,” He says, “Come hither. Take you seat beside Me; for I have keys for you and mysteries to unravel.” “So, I arise and take my seat beside Him and suddenly I find myself with Him on a sleigh, and pulling the sleigh are two reindeer. I feel a bit of apprehension about this sleigh and these reindeer and He knows what I feel. But, before He can say a word, I ask, “My Lord, why have You put me on this sleigh with these two reindeer pulling it? You know all the myths, which have crept into this season. It has become a time of fantasy. It has become a time of the occult. It has become a time of merchandizing. My Lord, it is supposed to be Your birthday and it is not; but is a time of worldly traps and feasts and more and more lights and pagan trees. My Lord, it is a sad time for me and while I love You so and want to honor Your birthday I cannot honor this worldly event.” “My Child, I know how you feel and I know why you feel this way; for in years past I have shown you the truth about what is called Christmas. And, the truth is that few honor Me in this event at all. Some say that they do and they call it the Spirit of Christmas, when in fact, it is the Spirit of the World that they honor. And, you are right, My Child, the date is not the date that I was born into the Earth, but an occultist substitute. Nevertheless, My Child, in spite of all the illusion, I honor the good that is done during this time and during any day of the year. But,… Read more »
Rachel Baxter
October 3, 2016 6:20 PM

Mark – That sounds like God’s heart to me. Oh, how He loved us. Such mercy!

Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
October 3, 2016 9:59 PM

Mark, that was a precious way to describe the journey the Lord took me through concerning cultural holidays. Thank you for sharing.
Holloween is out. I know of some who gather for pie and prayer. They pray for what ever the Lord puts on their hearts on that evil time. Many have reformation day events. We are not Presbyterian, but our friends are and my children enjoyed learning about Martin Luther and what he did on Oct 31. Gets their hearts turned toward God, not on icky things. We make sure what ever we do, they don’t have to see the gory, satanic costumes.

Christmas we actually stopped for 2 years. It didn’t seem right either. So we studied, a lot. Yes, much pagan contributions to take out. We considered the arguments man puts forth about the tree from Jeremiah. In the end our family decided that Christmas was redeemable. Calvin talks about the triangle shape representing the trinity. The lights, how we should be a light to the world. Gifts, generosity, kindnesses are done, people are more receptive to talk about Jesus, family reunites, and many more redeemable activities that can show people Jesus because their hearts are softer in that season. With our children, we took all the pagan non sense out and taught them the truth.
I hope our experience helps. May the Lord bless you as you go through this with your family. Tread lightly, feelings about holidays run deep in emotions.

Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
October 3, 2016 11:24 PM

Concerning decorations, I would pray about what the Lord would have you do. We removed all santa clauses, all angel type things, and tried to keep the idea that if we are to do all things into the Lord, what is beautiful and worthy of decorating the house he has given us to use. Joy in the Lord is a necessary ingredient.This is just what we did. Acknowledge Him in all you do, He will direct you for what you should do.

Sandra
Sandra
October 3, 2016 2:53 PM

I feel sick thinking about Halloween and Christmas! Luckily my husband isn’t really big on holidays but the rest of his family is over the top about ALL holidays.

My kids have always been things like animals for Halloween and I don’t decorate but giving up the door to door thing will be really hard! We go with the same group of people every year.

I notice that my non-believer friends find it really important that their kids believe in Santa for as long as possible and that Christmas is magical and over the top. I’ve never pushed the Santa is real thing but how do you not decorate?

Michelle Alena Lovejoy
October 6, 2016 4:24 AM

Hey Rachel, can you imagine how the state of Nebraska would change if the people were as excited and devoted to Jesus and prayer as they are the Huskers? We could change the world!
I have seen in the spirit the many stadiums we are building packed with people crying out to Jesus. Unfortunately, I sense it is going to be after all hell has broken loose.
Blessings on you Big!

Kathy Culver
Kathy C
October 3, 2016 6:08 PM

Rachel,
My heart and spirit resonates within that this word is so true and for right this
minute—–prayed i could have my time to contemplate what is said in this fine
post —-Lord said get this word out —-it confirms of course !
All to say, last night a small group , after prayer and a dinner ,sounded the
shofar and praised the Lord –words were spoken like ” blow the trumpet–
sound the alarm—was mighty and powerful!
Today —watched news on hurricane Matthew —-felt I heard the Lord say
” The tax man cometh” —I’m sending Matthew to collect on sin debt–not yet
paid”—Asked the Lord —-for confirmation, heard in spirit–IT will take an un-
expected turn to the west!!!! Putting myself out there –but would rather be wrong than disobedient —-Have to run now –sorry for short time !
Love –is shaking to bring to His side!

Rachel Baxter
October 3, 2016 7:02 PM

Thank you for sharing this word Kathy. I commend you for your boldness in Christ!

Kathy Culver
Kathy C
October 13, 2016 7:33 AM

Z3-family,
Was to hasty about Matthew turing to the west—should have contemplated
and checked the spirit of this ” word” !
Was praying for a turn out to sea—especially when Matt was headed
directly into Vero Beach–Rick Wiles studios.
Ask for your forgiveness—to much of me in it !
Your mercies are new every morning —-More time to Him !

Scott
Scott
October 3, 2016 9:30 AM

Rachel, WOW! What a word! How many Christians get more excited about their sports teams than they do Yeshua?! How many think that a “little” sin is better than a “big” sin?! And how many follow man made doctrine over the Word?! Thank you for pointing out all the fallacies that the church of today perpetuates!

Stella
Stella
October 3, 2016 10:55 AM

We use the same word that the world uses from time to time, eg: “the lesser of two evils, the devil you know is better than the one you do not know”, what a crap! God please deliver us in Yeshua’s precious name, amen.