Great Champions of Faith Now Fighting Modern Day Goliath

In 1995, God put it in my heart to step out in a new direction, even though I did not fully know what it was. All I knew was it had something to do with starting a new business. So I walked away from the field I had been trained to work and had worked for thirteen years to pursue an unknown destination, simply because it was in my heart to do it.

In the natural, it made no sense, but in my heart, I knew God was telling me it was time. With childlike faith and not much else, I stepped out. I had a small amount of money accumulated, just $16,000, but I felt led to sow it into various ministries, which left me sitting on E.

Would God really ask someone to do that? He asked Abraham, telling him, “Go forth from your country, and from your relatives and from your father’s house, to the land which I will show you.” (Genesis 12:1)

God asked Abraham to leave everything he had ever known to go to a place he did not know. By faith, Abraham departed with only a promise that God would show him the way and make of him a great nation. So, it must have come as a great surprise when he arrived to find a severe famine in the land, so severe he had to flee for his life to Egypt. If that wasn’t enough, Pharaoh tried to take his wife, Sarai, but the Lord delivered her. (Genesis 12:10-17)

At that point, we might wonder if we missed God. Surely, God would not lead us into such a severe trial. Yet, through this process we learn to not be moved by what we see on the outside, but to follow what we know on the inside, the inner witness of the Spirit of God living on the inside of us.

My experience was similar. After stepping into this new direction, I encountered a severe famine, which by all appearances looked like certain death with no way out. Yet, God delivered me again and again just like He did for Abraham.

Following this path put me on a collision course with the same enemy who comes against everyone who follows God, the spirit of fear. I had no other choice but to seek refuge daily in the secret place where God sealed me with protection, filling me with peace that defied my circumstances.

Along the way, I discovered a great secret; I could give my fears to God in exchange for His amazing peace. It is an unbeatable deal, “Here God, you take all my junk and I’ll take all your best stuff.”

Amazingly, God is more than happy to make the trade any time, any place. He even invites us to cast all our fears and anxieties on Him because He cares so much for us. (1 Peter 5:7)

This has been the key to my survival. After twenty-two years, I am still doing the same thing every day, still facing the same giant, still casting my fears on God, still making the same exchange, still seeing calamity all around me, yet still filled with peace on the inside and still knowing all is well.

At times it seemed like I was all alone, but I have discovered there are thousands more all over the world enrolled in this same training course. The same God who delivered Abraham is doing the same today for all these future champions of faith, as we are all learning to overcome our common enemy, the spirit of fear.

God has a plan and purpose in leading us into this battle, as Paul Keith Davis shares in the following excerpt from his article in Neville Johnson’s March 2017 newsletter, Our Finest Hour. Paul Keith Davis is founder of White Dove Ministries.

“Several years ago, I wrote an article with Bob Jones derived from an experience he had with the Lord showing our anointing to deal with the “spirit of fear.” The revelation portrayed and typified our spiritual adversaries by “Goliath” and like David, the young champion of Israel, God’s people were being anointed to deal with the relevant issues of our generation with hearts of valor.

Clearly, spiritual giants are once again raising their ugly heads in a desperate attempt to keep God’s people from our promises. Even so, impartation of grace and favor will see us through with the emergence of some of the greatest champions the Church has ever seen.

In this experience Bob was shown that one of the “Goliaths” of the last day generation is the spirit of fear.

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. (2 Timothy 1:7)

Fear is defined as, an emotion characterized by alarm, anxiety, and tension, often caused by an expectation of danger or pain; it is a dread birthed through anxiety and tension, whether real or imagined, producing timidity and fearfulness.

The “spirit of fear” is a form of bondage and spiritual slavery. It is a ruthless taskmaster attempting to steal the seeds of destiny and purposes being awakened within the hearts of God’s people. The Lord knew us before the foundation of the world. Those who belong to Him were in Him before creation was fashioned. He foreknew all who would desperately search for Him and to those He deposited divine seeds of Kingdom design and destiny. Those seeds are now being awakened and activated within many and it is our adversaries determined desire to prohibit that from coming into full fruition. We are on the threshold of another “Great Awakening.”

Three Debilitating Fruits of Fear
In these revelations, we were shown that there are many debilitating spirits that feed off of fear that will circumvent our calling and destiny. Awareness of this plot is mandatory so that we can embrace God’s provision to overcome.

Fear of Insanity and Mental Instability
The first revealed fruit of fear is “insanity and mental instability.” The desire of the adversary is to create such fear in the hearts of people that he would actually cause impairment in our thinking that opens the door to various forms of delusion, depression and anxiety. Insanity is birthed from a root of fear. A lack of sound judgment provides options that we would ordinarily shun or not even consider, such as drugs and alcohol. This is just one expression of “spiritual insanity.” There can be many including unhealthy relationships, financial irresponsibility or the excessive pursuit of entertainment or the squandering of precious time that we need to redeem for His Kingdom.

Fear of Sickness and Infirmity
The second spirit accompanying the “spirit of fear” was “fear of sickness and infirmity.” It is the plan of our adversary to create such insecurity and anxiety involving reports of sickness and disease that we would not pursue our divine destiny and Heavenly purpose with determination and faith. This could certainly be the case with the numerous outbreaks of the bird flu, swine flu and other epidemics. The Church will come to know more ardently that by His strips we are healed and greater is He within us than he that is in the world.

Fear of Financial Failure
The final adversary revealed in the experience birthed out of the “spirit of fear” was “fear of financial failure.” Clearly, our nation is experiencing notable financial difficulties. Economic analyst and experts have openly acknowledged that this downfall is further fueled by public fear and misconceptions. That instability has also been facilitated by reports of corporate abuse and unscrupulous business leaders and poor political decisions. We believe it is still the Lord’s intent to use our nation to help facilitate the birthing of divine purposes and stand in strong support of Israel. Clearly, there are issues of repentance and a return to righteousness that must be realized within the Church, which will release times of refreshing from His Presence. (Acts 3.19)

Unresolved fear will give place to one or all three companions that travel with it. These spirits attempt to defile the righteous and hinder the Church from entering her place of anointing and fruitfulness. The first step in overcoming the designs of the enemy is to bring them out darkness and obscurity into light. The enemy hates for his plans to be exposed. This was explicitly demonstrated in 2 Kings 6:11-12. By obtaining a clear comprehension of his schemes we are more amply able to fortify ourselves through the Word of Truth and appropriate it through prayer and proclamation.

Presently, we are being given a choice — Faith or Fear. Faith works through love but anger and disillusionment is the offspring of fear.”

So the next time Goliath rears his ugly head with fear pressing in on you, cast it on God and receive His amazing peace in exchange. Command faith to come and it will come. Ask God for the gift of faith to arise in your heart and He will give it to you. Then the impossible will become possible as the battle will no longer be yours. God will fight in your behalf and your enemies will be scattered!

30 The Lord your God who goes before you will Himself fight on your behalf, just as He did for you in Egypt before your eyes,
31 and in the wilderness where you saw how the Lord your God carried you, just as a man carries his son, in all the way which you have walked until you came to this place.’ (Deuteronomy 1:30-31)

3 ‘Hear, O Israel, you are approaching the battle against your enemies today. Do not be fainthearted. Do not be afraid, or panic, or tremble before them,
4 for the Lord your God is the one who goes with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.’ (Deuteronomy 20:3-4)

Our God will fight for us. (Nehemiah 4:20)

© 2017, Z3 News. All rights reserved. This content may be freely reproduced in full or in part online, email, or other free digital formats but only with full attribution to the author, a clickable link to http://Z3news.com, and no changes to the article. For permission to reproduce this content in other media formats or for any publication that is not free, please contact us.

Please donate now to support Z3 News.

donate

Rachel Baxter
March 18, 2017 12:05 am

Well said James.

For the last two and a half months I have been attacked by fear – of failure, of not having enough, of not being strong enough, of lacking the Equipping needed to really fulfill the destiny I know God has for me that He has shown to me. I was “wrestling” with God accusing Him of not providing and equipping what is needed. In His grace, He showed me that my eyes were on me and not on Him. When I keep my eyes on Him, I can see that there is nothing that He cannot do. He has a perfect plan and in my weakness and complete surrender, He will lead me into victory for His Kingdom. This is a promise for every one of God’s children. We must keep our eyes on Him, and our hearts tuned to His. As we love Him, We can feel His love for us and perfect love casts out all fear!

David
David
March 18, 2017 9:56 pm

Jesus said Cast your Care. This is the hardest discipline command. God will not do it for you, you must refuse to think about anything that upsets your mind and emotions. Having a clear mind is the fruit if self control. Self control refuses to worry. Self control has a clear mind because self control casts its cares. The Lord told me I cannot change things so just give thanks to Him for working it out and forget about it. Has He not worked out everything for you so far.

Carrie
Carrie
March 18, 2017 5:50 pm

Thank you fo sharing your thoughts Rachel! 🙂 For the last 6 weeks I have also felt fear of failue, not having enough ,or missing the Lord’s will (packed up, shipped 15 boxes and sold or gave away possessions,to relocate back to my home country and re connect with family in the UK). I realized I was allowing the ancient enemy to reduce my trust in our Heavenly father.The more fear,the more I spent inwardly praising and crying out to our Lord. This article from James is timely,validating, and freeing.We truly serve a loving all wise God,the battle truly does belong to the Lord. How blessed we are to have such love and wisdom infused in our inner beings. The Lord bless us and continue to keep the remnant in his perfect will. 🙂

Stephen Ellis
Stephen Ellis
March 18, 2017 7:08 am

Psalm 46:7 (NKJV)
The Lord of hosts is with us;
The God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah

Micah 3:8 (NKJV)
But truly I am full of power by the Spirit of the Lord,
And of justice and might,
To declare to Jacob his transgression
And to Israel his sin.

Marilee Alm
March 17, 2017 9:52 pm

Thanks for this, it answers some of my questions I posted yesterday. Here’s a message about faith:
That’s why I tell you to have faith that you have already received whatever you pray for, and it will be yours. Mark 11:24
Most translations say ask or desire, BUT this is THE TRANSLATION: DEMAND SOMETHING DUE. WHAT IS DUE TO US IS ALL THE PROMISES OF GOD IN THE New Testament: His promises are yes and amen, then where are they? They are in heaven.
To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, 1 Peter 1:4
So how do these promises get to us from heaven? We demand them, meaning we stand in our faith that they are really ours for the having. We speak commanding words, not asking.
Lord, we thank you that your word says______ as I believe I take hold of_____.
The verb “to take hold of” is the translation for receive. It is in the present tense meaning we do this over and over, not just once.
The last part of Mark 11: 23:” shall believe that those things which he said shall come to pass.”
Is also translated incorrectly, is it a future tense verb meaning “are coming to pass”. They are happening now. Every time we speak we put our faith in operation.
How do we then take hold of it? With our mouth, b/c you cannot see it or feel it, you speak it into being. Belief is an ongoing continuous action, not just for the moment or one prayer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wjj__O6N64&t=1209s min 11:30
#6 The Results Of Belief – 3/15/17

Paula
Paula
March 18, 2017 6:15 am

Wow Marilee. You have simply complemented James’ article. Well done!

Lee Ching Fong
March 17, 2017 11:28 pm

I encounter most of the time fear lingering around my life especially recent financial issue that cause me nearly left away from God. But God graciously lead me to Nick Vujicic testimony on Youtube that strength my faith and hope. How can a man without limbs can swim, surf, play drum, hold the phone to talk, write, ……Oh My Gosh….His famous quote: “The greatest disability is when you lose hope in your life” This quote really shock my mind, seem I become disable although I have perfect hands and legs!

I can do all things through Him who strengthens me because greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world.

Shammah
March 18, 2017 9:10 pm

Blessings to you Lee Ching Fong! Glad you are in the family of God!

Ed H
Ed H
March 17, 2017 6:19 pm

James,
Great words brother. Fear is one of our worst enemies.

Anne
March 17, 2017 6:22 pm

Thank you for sharing. It’s good to know that others have travelled the same path that I’m now being called to do.

Laura McDowell
Laura McDowell
March 17, 2017 6:01 pm

Thank you, James! God bless you and your family.

Laura McDowell
Laura McDowell
March 17, 2017 8:55 pm

I sent this to my son Abraham James! Thank you again.

Daniel
Daniel
March 19, 2017 2:14 pm
I sometimes have tinges of worry that my work on preparing our property for the troublesome times before and during the Tribulation just aren’t big enough or are too fragile to possibly survive such a cataclysm. I’m working mostly by myself with a hoe right now since our tillers have gone out and I only have a handful of small fruit trees. Then I read about one of the greatest unsung heroes of World War 1, Cher Ami, a carrier pigeon assigned to the famous Liberty Battalion of the US Army 77th Division during their stand during the Battle of Argonne in 1918. During the battle newly arrived US Army and Marines were supposed to push into the Argonne in coordination with French forces in the north to finally break the bitter stalemate. While the Americans broke through the lines and quickly took ground the French attack stalled, leaving the Americans painfully exposed which forced them to quickly retreat. To quote from Wikipedia: “On October 3, 1918, Major Charles White Whittlesey and more than 500 men were trapped in a small depression on the side of the hill behind enemy lines without food or ammunition. They were also beginning to receive friendly fire from allied troops who did not know their location. Surrounded by the Germans, many were killed and wounded in the first day and by the second day, just over 190[verification needed] men were still alive. Whittlesey dispatched messages by pigeon.[2] The pigeon carrying the first message, “Many wounded. We cannot evacuate.” was shot down. A second bird was sent with the message, “Men are suffering. Can support be sent?” That pigeon also was shot down. Only one homing pigeon was left: “Cher Ami”. She was dispatched with a note in a canister on her left leg, We… Read more »
MelchiZedek
March 18, 2017 2:25 am
Thanks for posting this at the right time Bro. James Very encouraging. Nice testimony. When God wants to accomplish something he picks up a person and trains him. I am in the same boat like you. I have to fight with many Spiritual Goliath’s (daemonic forces and the strongmen(Chief captain of daemonic forces)) until i got exhausted. These are very stubborn forces which are invisible and never get tired you know. At one point of time i questioned my life and got confused myself why am going through this and thought if i will ever be come out of this. I didn’t realize God’s hand is upon me and enabling me to do this. And after many years of terrible fight i started asking God and prophet’s why am involved in this and they all told God is training me. Then i thought myself this is called Divine Military Training. God is a man of war. Nobody told me in India a believer has authority and i don’t know how to fight until i came across Bro.Kenneth Hagin’s message on Believer’s authority after coming to US. For the first time i realized a believer has authority to fight against daemon’s. Using this authority and thank God he has provided many Spiritual weapon’s using which we can defeat the enemy and always emerge victorious. Now after this training i became a soldier in the God’s end time army and now the word’s i speak through faith carries God’s power and authority so that any force must obey. And there are level’s of battle’s. With each battle won, you get more authority and power. I believe, just like in the day’s of Elijah at which time God has his own remnant in these last day’s God has reserved his own hidden army… Read more »
Martin
Martin
March 18, 2017 8:38 am

WOW !!! I went to bed last night after being hit all week long with an almost disabling” spirit of fear” at work. I told the Lord that I needed a word from Him immediately !! And then read this from you James… Thank you sooo much!! I realized that I was becoming resentful towards the Lord for allowing so much pain, and I would suggest everyone read today’s word on WINGS OF PROPHECY ( glynda linkous )

Thomas R Fulger
March 18, 2017 12:20 am

You just wrote a hall of fame article – thanks.