God Provides for His People During Total Grid Down

One night in the winter of 1981, I had a vivid prophetic dream of what it will be like in the last of the “last days”. I believe it is prudent to take heed.

It was more like a vision, sort of an “out of body experience”. I was in the spirit, moving from place to place, unobserved (most of the time). The setting was a time of catastrophe here in the United States, a total “grid down” situation. No one had electricity, natural gas, or any other means of heating or illuminating their homes–and it was a very cold winter. I went from house to house only to observe. I sensed immediately that I was visualizing an event in the future in this country.

The first home I visited was dark and cold; there was a bone chilling feeling there of complete and utter despair. I saw the family of the house huddled in a corner of the dining room with seemingly every piece of clothing, including coats, on themselves and still they were shivering. The most revealing of their plight was the expressions on their faces, one of utter hopelessness. There wasn’t any food in the house, and it looked like they hadn’t eaten in days. Their facial features were sunken-in and almost colorless. They did not know Jesus as their Lord and Savior.

The second home I visited was the exact same situation, and so was the third, and fourth, and so on down the block, total and complete despair, house after house, even entire neighborhoods. Then suddenly I came to a house that was dimly lit, as with a single candle. As I entered, I felt an overwhelming peace; a real presence of the Lord there, saturating every cubic foot of space in the entire house. I knew this place to be home of a Christian family. There was an air of intense joy and peace. Everyone in the home was bubbling with exuberance, even though there was no food to offer the children or themselves, and no heat in the house, the parents gave thanks to God anyway.

It was very difficult to see anything, however, the mother preceded to place a fine table cloth on the table and set it with plates, bowls, silverware, and glasses. The rest of the family gathered at the table, seating themselves as always–even though there was no food. The father of the home gave thanks for the meal as everybody bowed their heads in reverence. Then suddenly, light appeared in the room–one could not tell where the light was coming from. The entire family opened their eyes, and to their delight (but not to their surprise), piping hot food of quite an assortment was there on their plates and in their bowls. They all gave thanks to God all the more. As they did the room became radiant with heat; and for that matter the entire house. The light illuminating the room was also becoming brighter and brighter. The more they praised God, the warmer and brighter it became.

God miraculously blessed the people of this Christian home that exercised great faith in God’s ability, so they would not be cold and hungry. I saw other homes like this one, but they were few in number. One thing that was so blatantly obvious was the vast distinction between the God fearing Christian people and the unbelievers. There were no gray areas; no lukewarmness. The Bible believing Christians greatly exemplified their faith by their daily lives, and the ungodly were living in total hopelessness and despair.

The last house I entered was a home of indescribable despicable evil. A cold sinking and sickening feeling enveloped me as I entered. This place was the coldest and darkest of them all, and for good reason. This was a dwelling of demons.

There was a single individual sitting in a darkened room, seemingly a middle aged woman. I was in an adjacent room, but I immediately felt a very wicked presence emanating from the other room even before I turned to look inside. This person was different from all the others in many respects. First, she was looking right at me the whole time and was totally aware of my presence as soon as I entered the house. Second, the expression on her face was one of utter hate, anger, and resentment. She wanted nothing but my death. In fact, she made many attempts at causing me great harm; each time failing miserably and becoming more frustrated. She never got up from her chair. Instead, she used demonic powers to manipulate objects in various rooms–blunt objects and mechanical devices. Recognizing the power I had in me (the Holy Spirit) was far greater, she eventually gave up. At that point I left the house.

At the very end, I found myself in an undisclosed and unrecognizable location, but the location was inconsequential and totally irrelevant. The important things were the characteristics of this place. I saw round smooth stones lying neatly on the ground evenly spaced. What appeared to be very sharp, jagged stones were suspended in midair above the smooth stones. All of a sudden, what seemed to be concrete poured from above, filling in all the gaps of the smooth stones until they were all cemented together. None of the jagged stones were even touched by the concrete or bothered in any way. The cemented smooth stones formed a solid floor–completely immovable.

At this point I woke up, finding myself sweating and winded, as though I actually experienced this whole ordeal. As I sat up in bed, I contemplated the meaning of the smooth and jagged stones. Also, “what exactly did the cement symbolize”, I thought to myself. It could not have been two seconds before I had the interpretation. The smooth stones represented the unbelieving world that rejected Christ; the jagged stones represented the true believers and followers of Jesus. The cement represented God’s divine judgment that will be poured out on the whole earth in the future. Just as the cement that filled in the gaps making a solid floor, the ungodly will not be able to escape God’s judgment. They reach the point of no return where they can no longer be saved. They are condemned for eternity. However, the righteous, godly people will not be harmed in any way by God’s wrath.

8 But since we belong to the day, let us be self-controlled, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet.
9 For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ.
10 He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him”. (1 Thessalonians 5:8-10)

The main thrust of what God was showing me through this dream was God’s love, mercy, and provision for the believer, and the utter hopelessness of those who have rejected Christ and have delighted in wickedness. Another point He was making in this “last days” scenario was the vast “distinction between the righteous and the wicked, between those who serve God and those who do not”.

17 “On the day when I act,” says the Lord Almighty, “they will be my treasured possession. I will spare them, just as a father has compassion and spares his son who serves him.
18 And you will again see the distinction between the righteous and the wicked, between those who serve God and those who do not”. (Malachi 3:17-18)

Michael Furman

Author: Michael Furman

Michael Furman is President of Freedom’s Hope Ministry, Inc. a nondenominational ministry committed to bringing the gospel of Jesus Christ to all nations. Freedom’s Hope cooperates with numerous ministries around the world to help Christians grow in their faith and share the Gospel message with their fellow countrymen. God is using Freedom’s Hope to reach multitudes of people and meeting their needs in currently over 35 countries around the world.

© 2017, Michael Furman. All rights reserved.

Mikey H
Mikey H
March 26, 2017 4:13 pm

Michael, thanks for sharing brother. When you say …..”The entire family opened their eyes, and to their delight (but not to their surprise), piping hot food of quite an assortment was there on their plates and in their bowls” ….. this brought the tears streaming as it reminded me of when Jesus showed me at age 7 that He will provide for His own.
My Mom got a call asking her if she could sometime drop off a few groceries for an elderly lady in our suburb. We were shopping that day so she got an extra full bag. Pulled up at the house, said i must wait in the car she wont be long. I waited, and waited, the sun was going down, where’s Mom. Eventually out comes Mom and i saw that she had been crying. She preceded to tell me that when she she went inside this lady didn’t even have one teabag or spoon of sugar left, She had nothing.The elderly lady told my Mom that very morning she got down on her knees and prayed, ” Jesus i believe that before the sun goes down today, You will put food in this house!” I remember looking over to where the sun was going down and it was all but down. Wow. With tears filling my eyes as a 7yr old kid (we weren’t Christians, but nominal Anglicans) i then knew this Jesus is for real …. and He will provide.

God bless.

Shammah
March 26, 2017 7:51 pm

I believe that as people have nothing to eat and drink, God will provide enough for us so that we can share with others, showing them the miraculous power of our Lord as He makes provision out thin air (like the manna)! I believe that as scripture says, a prudent man sees danger coming and prepares – however no average person can possibly store up sufficient quantities of food and more importantly, water to see them through the time of the tribulation. Perhaps, as our stored supplies dwindle – especially if we’re showing His love to our neighbors as we share with them, He will replicate what is used so that we continue to have enough. That said, we need to examine our hearts and ask ourselves this question; if my neighbors are starving to death and God provides for me, how can I in good conscience let them starve while I eat? Many talk of defending their supplies from those who have not prepared but it seems to me, if we have the heart of Christ, we’ll do what we can for others so that He may be glorified. Who knows, perhaps like the widow that used her last oil and meal to prepare cakes for Elijah, we may too get to our last morsel and then see God multiply it so that we continue to have enough – even when sharing!

Sue
Sue
March 26, 2017 8:40 pm

The Lord Jesus will work through us to provide healing and food for the starving.
Many will be brought to Christ at that time. The fields are white.

Rowena O
Rowena O
March 26, 2017 3:54 pm

Thanks for this word,Michael.
For a while now I think the focus on storing or not storing food is missing the point of the preperations we are to make.Stored food will be detectable by the authorities, and can be stolen, confiscated, or washed away in flood water.
There is famine at present in Africa and the Middle East, where people are going through today what we fear for tomorrow.
He that has pity upon the Lord lends to the Lord, and that which he has given will be repaid. Proverbs 19 v 17. We don’t give for the purpose of getting, but out of sheer compassion.Otherwise we are not fit or ready for what is to come.
Also, if we desire to be the remnant in these last days, our sole purpose will be to draw others to Jesus, not just survive as long as we can (for what, anyway?).
Am not clever on links, sadly. So suggest googling some encouraging and helpful YouTube films.
Finger of God, Furious Love, Father of Lights, by Darren Wilson.
Tod White . Quite a range. He is the Christian with dreadlocks.
These are films about how any of us can step up to be used by God in crazy situations. God really moves us forward, life gets exciting, and we begin to move in hope as we give hope by the bucketload to the hopeless along with healing, and JESUS!
To summarise: give to the starving, think and pray about food storeage, and step up into becoming part of the remnant that will be used to bring the Kingdom in these last days!

John Barry
John Barry
March 26, 2017 5:15 pm

Rowena Chuck Youngbrandt has a simple test to determine if we need to prepare or not . Chuck says if you can walk on water you do not need to prepare , if you can not walk on water you need to prepare .

Jen G
Jen G
March 26, 2017 6:11 pm

Powerful vision! Your statement that “the vast distinction between the righteous and the wicked, between those who serve God and those who do not” is clearly being played out already. I find my spirit discerning evil much more frequently than ever before. Clearly, the great separation has already begun. God bless.

Marilee Alm
Marilee Alm
March 26, 2017 3:00 pm
Thanks Michael, we need to give thanks now as well when we still have food. Today I was emailing the public school teachers that have taught my kids over the past 12 years. If anyone wants to use my letter you are welcome to. There is still time to trust the Lord!! I wrote this letter to the teachers in our school and wanted to share it with you. He wants us to know now is the favorable time, now is the day of salvation. (2 Corinthians 6:2) The Lord does not want us to love the world or the things in the world. If we love the world, the love of the Father is not in us. (1 Jn. 2:15) Many of us said a prayer, were confirmed and joined the church as children. As I am getting to know our Lord by taking daily communion and spending time in prayer I realize it is an intimate relationship He desires with me. This is a call to turn our affection to the Lord. It will cost us everything within ourselves to give up our identity and put on the identity of Christ. Our coming to Him requires both faith and obedience. I am lost and in need of a Savior. (Luke 19:10) Simple prayer: Jesus, I believe you are the Son of God, that you died on the cross to rescue me from sin and death and to restore me to the Father. I choose now to turn from my sins, my self-centeredness, and every part of my life that does not please you. I choose you. I give myself to you. I receive your forgiveness and ask you to take your rightful place in my life as my Savior and Lord. Come reign in my heart, fill me… Read more »
Bonnie Paasch
Bonnie Paasch
March 26, 2017 4:38 pm

I had some crazy dreams last night and I woke up remembering a tablet being put into a bag and I had a strong sense that an emp attack was coming, then I saw this post. Kind of took my breath away.

Jesse Terrell
Jesse Terrell
March 26, 2017 5:25 pm

A beautiful, encouraging vision, brother Michael. Thank you!

Alex
Alex
March 26, 2017 3:05 pm

What?? No pre-tribulation rapture to get us out of trouble?

But this scenario doesn’t fit into my End-times Theology Map! Oh no!!! Maybe I need to re-think the popular messages brought forth by the popular televangelist who promised me I will be sucked-up in the air before anything bad happens.

Hmmm. (Heavy sarcasm here, of course). LOL. 🙂

in all reality, the bottom line is God is truly glorified by His people when He brings them (us) THROUGH the storm. We learn to trust in Him and His provision by keeping His Word active and alive in our hearts and minds. thank you Yeshua!!! Please keep us in Your will, come what may.