God Will Hide His People in Plain Sight

man_riverAt 1:30 AM on 28 September 2016, I dreamed I was walking alone along a small river/creek, which had a lot of brush growing along the banks, and some small trees.

Within the brush were shanty-type huts. Some were nothing but tarps spread out among the limbs of the small trees. The creek made a 90-degree bend to the right. As I was walking there, I was joined by someone and was having a conversation with them. We walked in along what seemed to be a “right-of-way.” To the right was the creek and the brush. To the left was a vast dense thicket of palmettos, thorn bushes, and very small trees.

Our conversation was about how to hide; specifically how to hide Christians from persecution. We discussed how it used to be you could walk out in that thicket and hide, and nobody would find you. It was so dense that not even dogs could get through it and a determined man could easily hide in there from authorities and not be found. However, that was not the case these days.

We talked about how today a man hiding in that dense thicket would easily be spotted by our recon aircraft using thermal sensors. I remember the phrase, “They would stick out like a sore thumb.” When an aircraft flew overhead to scan the area, their body would appear as a bright object in a cool background, so you could not hide there today due to the technology.

As we walked, we discussed other hiding options, including the possibility of taking refuge in the shanty shelters along the river bank. These too would not afford any cover because any passing aircraft would easily see you under the tarp using thermal sensors. We decided the best way to hide was in plain sight. One must hide where it would not be unusual to see people.

The scene shifted IMMEDIATELY to a classroom, which was in a shopping mall, or something like it. There were windows and passersby could see into the classroom, but it was not a school. It was an underground church. We were certainly hiding in plain sight of everyone but our actions did not betray who we were. There were desks arranged in a loose circle all facing inward. I was there along with about twenty other brothers in Christ, but I did not recognize any of them.

Then a strange man walked into the room. We were all nervous and I could tell he was nervous. We exchanged pleasantries as we were trying to determine if he was friend or foe. He was trying to do the same. Then he mentioned someone’s name…John? Maybe? He said John had sent him to us. We knew immediately he was a brother. We all began to introduce ourselves and it was like we were family. We embraced this brother in Christ.

I was the last to greet him. I said “Hi, I’m bro. Nelson.”

He replied “Bro Nelson! You’re the one John sent me to see.”

Then it was obvious to me I was the leader of this underground church and was an important leader in the larger underground church movement.

Right after this, another brother, who I recognized (only in my dream). He came into the classroom and saw the new man and confirmed who he was. I then woke up.

Interpretation:

The days are coming in which the church of God will be sifted. It will go underground, much like what we see in China, Iran and other persecuted areas.

This is the second dream I have had about Christians meeting in what looked like a classroom.

Often times the Lord will confirm a dream is from Him by revealing confirmation scriptures to me. This confirmation can occur immediately after the dream, as it did today, but many times it is weeks or months later. These confirmation scriptures are never sought after, but are revealed during my pre-planned study of God’s Word. I have found that God will often give me a dream and then the very next day I will read passages that deal with the subject of the dream. This is how God confirms the dream to me; through His Word. When I read them God will immediately remind me of the dream and let me know, “This passage confirms the dream I gave you.”

After I awoke, I got up and wrote it down, which I always do immediately when I feel a dream may be from the Lord. The following scriptures were part of my daily PRE-PLANNED Bible reading, which I read after the dream was received. These scriptures confirm the way God will protect His children from the enemy and hide His children in plain sight. The first passage I read, as I worked my way through the Psalms, was:

“But you, O LORD, are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head. I cried aloud to the LORD, and he answered me from his holy hill. Selah. I lay down and slept; I woke again, for the LORD sustained me. I will not be afraid of many thousands of people who have set themselves against me all around. Arise, O LORD! Save me, O my God! For you strike all my enemies on the cheek; you break the teeth of the wicked. Salvation belongs to the LORD; your blessing be on your people! Selah.” (Psalms 3:3-8)

It really didn’t occur to me that this was part of my confirmation of the dream since it rarely happens right after the dream, until I read the next part of my daily reading plan. Once I read this section in Matthew, I knew God was speaking about the dream:

“But the Pharisees went out and conspired against him, how to destroy him. Jesus, aware of this, withdrew from there. And many followed him, and he healed them all.” (Matthew 12:14-15)

Our enemies will seek to destroy us, but God will hide us in plain sight, just like He did His Son. We will walk through the crowds unnoticed and towards safety. This does not mean, however, that we will always be safe. Just as they eventually killed Jesus Christ and the prophets, so shall they kill us. However, that timing is determined by God and until that time, we will walk through the midst of the enemy, unseen and without fear.

Nelson Lee

Author: Nelson Lee

Nelson W. Lee is an author, evangelist, pastor and teacher. He is the founding pastor of Agape Home Fellowship, a network of house churches linked together through common leadership and technology. His ministry focuses on the areas of Church Revitalization and Revival. He has a heart for seeing men and women of faith “Be the Church” and feels this can be best accomplished through the close community of New Testament style house-churches. For over 20 years, he has focused on revitalizing the church and trying to restore it to its New Testament roots and foundations. He is an avid student of Church History and Systematic Theology and has written numerous discipleship courses, church history articles and guides.

He is married with three children and is a member of the United States Air Force. He has served his country for over 29 years and is currently a meteorologist and flight superintendent. When he is not in uniform, ministering or studying, he can be found spending time with his family or working in his garden.

Susie
Susie
October 3, 2016 9:46 PM
I live alone on a remote ranch as my husband went to heaven 3 years ago. In March of 2015, I had returned home after church and lunch and decided to lay on the couch for a short Sunday nap. Moments after I woke up, I heard the dog bark a couple of times and then the front door opened. I sat straight up and opened my mouth to say my son-in-laws name while the sun was still blinding me to his facial features and clothing. The Holy Spirit told me to be silent. He closed the door behind him and stood motionless. He had sunglasses, facial hair, a sock cap and a leather jacket. I realized it was definitely a stranger standing in my living room without a neighbor for miles. Although my mind was saying “”Here we go… this is it…” I was covered in peace. I sat still and he looked straight ahead, walking past me 4 feet away toward the kitchen. I was in black clothing sitting on a cream sofa in 2pm daylight. When he got to the point that I could see the embroidery on the back of his leather jacket, I bolted for the door, scooped up my purse (which I NEVER lay by the front door) and was in my truck in a single bound, heading down the driveway and calling 911. But allow me to backup to that morning…… I stood at my seat during worship with no immediate cares in my life and was just praising God. During the 3rd worship song, I began to have a strong burden to pray in the Spirit (in my prayer language), so I did so at my seat under my breath. I attend a small church that is very Scriptural (and free) with… Read more »
Susie
Susie
October 4, 2016 9:54 AM

I need to add a vital thing related to this testimony that others continue to stress on this site as well. It is imperative that you develop & increase your faith for these things BEFORE it is needed. For the 2 years before that incident after my husband passed, friends and family constantly told me..”Susie, you need your conceal/carry….Susie, you need your gun by your bed… Susie, you need to move back into town….” I have a gun. I believe in guns. I vote for guns. However, I am not comfortable around guns and unless it was strapped to my hip on the couch, it was useless locked up in my back closet.

My response to those friends was ALWAYS..”The Lord will protect me”. It wasn’t just Christian lip service… I fully believed it in my heart. How could He do anything but what I had been telling people He would do for years?

BEFORE you get that medical diagnosis, (or we have an absence of medical care), you need to know Him as your healer.

How do you do that? How do you increase your faith for specific things? You get in His Word.. You search things out…You ask him questions that He is thrilled to answer. You read testimonies of others that prove He is still the same Jesus of the NT. You seek Him out with more diligence than you would use when researching the right cancer center to go to. He wants and waits to be all of those things to us.

October 4, 2016 11:21 AM

Amen Susie!

Sarah Tennessee
Sarah Tennessee
October 3, 2016 9:56 PM

Susie…awesome testimony!

Michael Perritte
Michael Perritte
October 3, 2016 6:48 AM

Thank you for sharing! The Holy Spirit emphasizes to me we do not know exactly what all of this will look like as it unfolds. How can we know exactly what the supernatural working of the Infinite will look like just as the early church did not know what to expect. Recently the Holy Spirit spoke to me and said, ask for what you have only read about in scripture but never seen. We must shake off the limitations of a religious mindset that minimizes God and walk in His Spirit. Tozer said, what you think about God is the most important thing about you. We must have renewed minds that place no limitations on Him and trust Him with audacious faith and trust.

B.Hansen
B.Hansen
October 3, 2016 12:26 PM

I once dreamed that I was in a group of people and I was about to say something against our government. I the dream the Holy Spirit told me very loudly to keep my mouth shut or it could cost me my life. I have prayed for boldness and that I may be able to speak boldly as stated in Eph 6:19, but more importantly we need to be able to hear the guiding from the Holy Spirit so our words will be in accordance with His plan and timing.

Paul Benson
October 3, 2016 4:59 AM

Nelson;
Yes brother. I agree very much with this word. God’s people will not all be hiding out in the wilderness (but many will). We will be ministering the Gospel in the midst of the implementation of the beast system. This system like all government programs will take time to implement. Who knows how fast or how thorough it will be? There may even be areas not completely dominated by it.

And I believe that not only will many hide in plain site; we will also be blessed in plain site. When the Egyptians gave the Jews gold and other precious things, prior to the Exodus, I think they were trying to obtain mercy from God; as they had witnessed all his Judgments being manifest. The last days will be the same. Many will recognize the connection between God and his Children and seek to be a help to them; maybe in the hopes of saving their own neck, or maybe even in response to all the good deeds and signs and wonders performed by them.

There will be much betrayal during this time, sadly from even our own family members (probably due to some kind of a bounty or reward program) but the brunt of the persecution will be from the beast system itself. I think we will receive a lot of help from those not yet on board with the mark of the beast, and maybe even help from some who have fallen victim to it. Just because they were deceived into following satans deception and losing their souls doesn’t mean they will all be totally heartless, or persecutors. Just some thoughts.

Blessings;
Paul Benson

Sujit Thomas
Sujit
October 3, 2016 10:59 AM

Paul,

A question for you based on what you have shared in the above post.

“Just because they were deceived into following satans deception and losing their souls doesn’t mean they will all be totally heartless, or persecutors.”

Are you saying that Matthew 10:42 could be applicable here?

If taking the mark puts us beyond redemption as I believe the scriptures say, then what kind of reward could be given for someone like you describe?

Or is it that once someone takes the mark then even their most righteous of acts will just be akin to filthy rags before the Lord and will not do anything for them? In other words, they remain beyond redemption.

I think I am trying to understand what I do not have the wisdom (yet) to understand.

Paul Benson
October 3, 2016 1:38 PM

The lives of the lost down through the ages have been filled with decent acts of one kind or another (possibly most with a selfish motivation). But there is no eternal reward outside of Christ. Could assisting a believer bring them reward in this lifetime? Maybe, I do not say for sure.

I don’t see that taking the mark will turn all those people into a bunch of blood thirsty devils (maybe some it will). It only means they have hardened themselves to the call of the Spirit. Will kindness and generosity cease to exist in those times? I don’t think so. Picture a believer healing the sick child of someone under the mark. Would they not be touched by that? Maybe not all would respond with generosity. But I think some would feel an obligation to reward such a deed.

My point was that a similar motivation (possibly fear or an acknowledgement of divine function at work) that caused the Egyptians to bless the Jews prior to the Exodus will be once again manifest in the end of days. Although it will be a very needed avenue of provision for the believers I doubt it will procure any reward for those who reject God’s truth. Again just some thoughts.

Sujit Thomas
Sujit
October 3, 2016 10:24 PM

Romans 11:33–36, Paul. Thank you for replying.

Scott
Scott
October 3, 2016 10:13 AM

Amen Brother Nelson! I have been praying for the persecuted in the Middle East to be hidden in plain site…their persecutors being struck blind when they search near them. Thank you for this confirmation!

michelle Gibson
michelle Gibson
October 3, 2016 5:53 AM

Nelson, I have had dreams similar of this of having to go underground but also being protected in the hard times coming

Bette Stevens
October 3, 2016 10:25 AM

Nelson,
Thank you……We are working along the lines of underground network of churches……We are also a house church and have been for several years along the pattern of the book of Acts….>.Shalom

Jai
Jai
October 4, 2016 10:15 PM
I grew up living inside a christian school..and i grew up learning about miracles happening around me…. one day ..a large group of very bad people with guns went inside the school looking for money and food.. they gathered the administrators of the school into one room and held them hostage … on the other side of the campus, they had the head of the school security at gun point wanting to know where the guns are…and was constantly told that the school is a christian school and the school doesnt believe in keeping guns but believes that God protects the whole school and its students and staff…i was told first hand by the head of security of what happened and what transpired..on how he walked away from being shot …. the head of security that time lets call him Ben..he said he was brought to the middle of the soccer field, and the leader of the bad men had a gun pointed at his head…all Ben could do was whisper a prayer to God….at that time his wife was pregnant with their second child and he didnt want his kids to grow up without a father…he prayed and prayed and waited for a gunshot…after a few mins he opened his eyes, and saw that the leader of the bad men was just standing there and pointing the gun but not saying anything… ben moved from his spot.. and slowly took steps back and back and he just walked away without the gun going off…. he went home to his family. Weeks after that news came to us about what the bad men saw that night… the night they where about to shoot ben….. all that the leader said was… the man who they where about to shoot just disappeared… Read more »
Jeff Byerly
October 3, 2016 5:46 PM

Brother Nelson, Thank you for your obedience and I thank the Lord for the encouraging dream. I ran a home church for about a year and a half during late 2012 and early 2014, but I found we had many of the same problems as the brick and mortar church. The Lord has told me that I will go back to having home church once the persecution begins in America. Does anyone have any advice for those that the Lord is speaking to about starting a home church? How do we avoid the conflicts? Should we be “picky” about who we let in the group? We had an open format and I was not the only leader, we let people speak anything that was on their heart. Should there be more structure?

Ken Roberts
Ken Roberts
October 3, 2016 6:24 PM

Hi Jeff. The Lord led us to start a home church back in May. Even gave me a name and a mission statement. I thought for the last several months the Lord would bring more people than just my family and I. We fasted and prayed about it. I invited people, but no one showed. So we just continued to minister to each other. Then a few weeks ago, (while in prayer) the Holy Spirit said to me, “Get ready, they’re coming to you.” I got a little excited and began to prepare even more spiritually for that to happen. Nothing did. Until my house flooded. Then I had contractors, agents, restoration specialists, etc. show up. I took advantage of the opportunity and ministered to (and mostly warned about what is coming to America) as many as would listen. I had to laugh and ask, “Is this what was meant by, “Get ready, they’re coming to you?” I never got an answer. Don’t need one. I answered my own question.

Jeff Byerly
October 3, 2016 6:36 PM

Thanks Ken, well I know the Lord’s ways are not ours, His ways are higher than ours and that is not always easy for us. I have a hard time believing that you would have chose your house getting flooded in order to warn people about the things that are coming. LOL Oh well thats the way He does things sometimes. He doesnt do only whats conveineint or comfortable like us!

Ken Roberts
Ken Roberts
October 3, 2016 6:44 PM

Thanks, Jeff. That’s for sure!

Ken Harbeson
Ken Harbeson
October 3, 2016 5:10 PM

Amen Nelson! His will be done, no one can stop what the Lord has planned. While reading this I also thought about John who was put in hot oil and did not burn. Many words from the bible proclaim Gods grace. As said, we won’t all make it out okay due to the word stating we will be persecuted but that will be on his appointed time no one elses! Thank you for this word.