God Still Has a Faithful Remnant in These Days of Elijah

marines

The prophet Elijah thought he was all alone serving the Lord Jehovah, so he hid himself in a cave. Then the word of the Lord came to him asking, “What are you doing here Elijah?”

Then Elijah answered, “I have been very zealous for the Lord, the God of hosts; for the sons of Israel have forsaken Your covenant, torn down Your altars, and killed Your prophets with the sword. And I alone am left; and they seek my life, to take it away.” (1 Kings 19:10)

But God told Elijah he was not alone, but was part of a faithful remnant of 7,000 who had not bowed their knees to Baal (1 Kings 19:18).

It is easy for us today to feel all alone like Elijah, but I believe God wants us to know we are part of a faithful remnant, as demonstrated by these United States Marines at Camp Pendleton singing “These Are the Days of Elijah” with great spirit and even adding their own hoo-rah!

May God bless the United States Marines and His faithful remnant!

© 2016, James Bailey. All rights reserved.

Jane NZ
Jane NZ
May 13, 2016 4:38 pm

Happy sabbath – one week to go. Counting down.

blog.amightywind.com/why-wont-the-jews-listen/

Or why wont the gentiles listen??? One received the blessing of the torah, without the messiah. The others received the Christ with the blessing of the torah. Neither group gets to enjoy the fullness of the blessings, inheritance and 7x pentecost outpouring
..but.then suddenly the Lord..always drawing us back to himself so he can bless us ….he loves us too much to leave us as we are..

Ezekiel 37. The dry bones and the two sticks coming together

So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood upon their feet, an exceeding great army. …

Love to all.

Paul
Paul
May 3, 2016 4:58 pm

This comment is intended specifically for James. Thank you so much for being in tune with the Holy Spirit, and listening to what he has to say. Thank you for this post. Just yesterday on my job, I was suffering and feeling down because I felt as though, I am one of the only ones on my job, trying to do things the right way. It just seems as though everyone else is just looking out for themselves. Always looking for the quickest and easiest way to get things done, instead of doing them the right way. It was in this moment that I remembered how Elijah spoke to the lord in 1 kings 19, and I felt in that moment that I could relate to Elijah. It never fails to amaze me how our God works. How truly awesome and amazing he is. That while I was going through this in my little corner of the world, he was speaking to you and having you prepare this post. Thanks be to our God, for he is good and his mercy endureth forever.

Dr Yulonda T Griffin
May 3, 2016 12:00 am

POWERFUL VIDEO. So encouraging. May God bless these men of God and protect them from all harm and danger.

Lottie
Lottie
May 2, 2016 8:49 pm

My LORD and my God……i weep to see our grandchildren going to battle for US! So innocently headed into harm’s way yet to give this awesome praise and worship!! I weep and pray!!! Dear Jesus. I didnt know this was from two years ago. How many are still alive and/or whole? How many still walk with you and are married and keeping you in th center of their lives and marriages? Be with them sweet Jesus and hold their hand. May your face shine upon them and give them your peace! May their generation come to praise You with the very same and greater intensity and Love! I bless them in that great Name, the Name above all Names, Jesus, the Christ, our living soon to return Saviour and God! AMEN!

Rachel Baxter
May 2, 2016 4:59 pm

Thank you for sharing! So encouraging!

Stephen Gookin
Stephen Gookin
May 2, 2016 3:54 pm

Hoo-Rah!

OWL
OWL
May 2, 2016 3:09 pm

Thanks for those scriptures. I was thinking/praying about the number of people that will not accept Jesus and go to hell..and I heard the Lord say…the numbers are left up to my children.

Rich L
Rich L
May 2, 2016 2:23 pm

When I first saw this video about 2 years ago something stood out to me as not fitting. If you look at :53 sec, 2 min. and 3 min. you will see what I mean. What are they communicating by the hand signs at these points? There are a total of about 6 times they do this same thing.

W
W
May 2, 2016 3:34 pm

Don’t catch your inference?? When the song lyrics come to ‘shining like the sun’ they seem to give the hand sign for the sun.

Jerry Paulson
Jerry Paulson
May 2, 2016 2:03 pm

The scripture says, “broad is the way to destruction, and many there be who are on it. Narrow is the way to eternal life, and few that be who find it.” So, if the multitudes spoken of in Revelation and elsewhere are the few who find it, then the masses and multitudes who are on the broad road are headed to destruction. Another scripture says that hell hath enlarged herself to take in all that are perishing. I heard or read somewhere that every time a volcano goes off that hell is enlarging itself. I can’t remember the source of that, but I do remember seeing it somewhere.

W
W
May 2, 2016 2:00 pm

As an Ex-Marine this makes my heart glad and gives me exceeding joy. Thanks for posting.