God is Our Covering On This Day of Yom Kippur

yom_kippur

I had a vision in the early evening. I saw people decorating with a very long garland. It seemed strange to be putting up Christmas style decorations during this appointed time (Yom Kippur).

Then I fell asleep and had a very unusual dream. I was visiting in the house of a very rich person. The house was huge with many large rooms for meeting and event to assemble crowds. President Obama was in the house and my wife and I were the only ones present.

I talked with him for a short while about meaningless things. Then he quit talking and started walking around the house looking into the various rooms. He did not respond when I called out to him.

As I looked around to assess the situation, I realized the place where we were staying was like a huge luxury apartment in a larger building. As I looked into other sections of the building, people were decorating for Christmas with very strange materials. One place several women were decorating a place with paper dividers and real branches from pine trees. They seemed to be preparing for some type of Christmas pageant.

In another place I saw simple but elegant decorations for a family. As I looked around the apartment, I saw the only security officer for the people who lived in this place was putting on a winter coat and preparing to leave for the day.

I asked him if anyone else was there for security and he told me that he was the only one. I asked him, “You mean with the president of the United States here there are no security personnel at all?”

He was very surprised to learn the president was in the building and began to wonder if he should stay. I assured him I couldn’t cover the president alone. I even told him that I was not armed and needed his help to provide security.

Then I woke up and was very cold from head to toe. My wife was reading and said the room was hot, but I was freezing. I think this was a prophetic dream about the leadership of America being uncovered right now spiritually. People were doing things out of season and in strange ways. No one was concerned about the welfare of the president or about what was happening in this season. It felt like the fire of the nation had gone out.

I remembered I was praying in repentance for the nation before my short nap and dream. The intercessors are the true secret service agents of the nation and many have stopped praying for the leadership to be protected and covered. This must change because we are all very vulnerable now. The leaders are wandering around, looking around, and prying into areas which belong to others. In my dream, no one seemed to be doing what was right and necessary in the moment.

The enemy is plotting: “You will say, ‘I will invade a land of unwalled villages; I will attack a peaceful and unsuspecting people—all of them living without walls and without gates and bars.’” (Ezekiel 38:11)

We need the sons of Issachar to wake up in this hour.

“…of the sons of Issachar who had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do,” (1 Chronicles 12:32)

All night I had very vivid dreams of being with people I had never seen before, but I knew them in the Spirit. It was as if we had been friends for many years and yet we were meeting for the first time. We all had a common purpose and were working smoothly together to accomplish what the Lord had called us to do. We were driving huge trucks and big buses on our way to pick up people and carry them to a place of refuge.

“My soul, wait silently for God alone, for my expectation is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory; The rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. Trust in Him at all times, you people; Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us.” (Psalm 62:5-8)

God is our covering and on this day (Yom Kippur) we celebrate that He covers us with grace and covers our sin to remember it no more. The word Kippur comes from the Hebrew word “Kaphar” which means “covering.”

When we finally arrived at our destination, and it was beautiful. Everyone lived under the cover of huge trees filled with leaves. There were facilities for people to eat, sleep and have recreation. I thought about Revelation 12:6, “The woman fled into the desert to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days.”

A place has been prepared for Israel and the Bride of Christ and we will be spared from the wrath of the beast.

“Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say: ‘Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Christ. For the accuser of our brothers, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down. They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death. Therefore rejoice, you heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has gone down to you! He is filled with fury, because he knows that his time is short.’” (Revelation 12:10-12)

“Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to make war against the rest of her offspring—those who obey God’s commandments and hold to the testimony of Jesus.” (Revelation 12:17)

Yom Kippur Word from the Lord:

This morning dark clouds covered Jerusalem; some were black, others were gray. Some were even red this morning. But the light of the sun (Son) was coming through anyway. The light somehow came in under the clouds and flooded the city with the light of His Glory. The whole city lit up with bright light and the Holy Spirit led me to think about this promise:

“Arise, shine: for your light has come! And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you. For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and deep darkness the people; but the Lord will arise over you, and His glory will be seen upon you. The Gentiles shall come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising. His glory will penetrate every cloud of darkness and bring His light to us!” (Isaiah 60:1-30)

His glory will penetrate every cloud of darkness and bring His light to those who belong to Him! What is your darkness like in this season? Are you ill? Are you infirm? Are you under heavy clouds of debt or financial lack? Let the light of His glory and His grace penetrate the darkness and set you free to prosper and be in divine health!

This is the day of salvation and this is the time of your visitation. Don’t let negative thoughts (clouds of darkness) rob you of your visitation! Let everything which hinders go and keep your eyes fixed on Yeshua ha Messiach, the author and finisher of your faith! We ask and receive by faith in the mighty name of Yeshua! Amen and Amen!

Note: Yom Kippur started at sunset on October 11 and ends at sunset on October 12.

Pastor James Durham

Author: Pastor James Durham

After serving almost 30 years as an active duty army Chaplain, James retired at the rank of Colonel. Before and after his military service, he was a pastor and church planter for more than thirteen years. In 2010, James and his wife, Gloria, moved to Columbia, South Carolina in order to write books, teach seminars, and mentor many spiritual sons and daughters around the world. James is a graduate of Oklahoma State University with a Bachelors Degree in Psychology; Perkins School of Theology, Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas with a Master’s degree in Theology, and the US Army Command and General Staff College.

Brandon Jenkins
Brandon Jenkins
October 12, 2016 9:24 AM

Just wanted to give a warning out loud to myself in hopes I will pay attention myself and maybe others will too. There is a strong spiritual attack that is causing division and strife among us. I sense the enemies eye is turned heavy toward us during this critical time. Feeling of restlessness, anger, and especially frustration is extremely hightened. Be slow to speak and quick to listen so we don’t get stuck in a rut of acting/commenting/talking from a position in flesh rather than from the spirit. I speak to myself because I’ve been falling victim to it. I believe it’s a coordinated attack to keep us from being aligned with God during this critical time frame.

Expat gal
Expat gal
October 12, 2016 12:12 PM

Brandon – No truer words have been spoken….I have been trying to reunite several Christians here locally that have all had “falling outs” with each other. Everyone is angry at everyone. It is so crazy & I have never experienced anything on this level among “Christians”. We are behaving badly. I have also Had a few “falling outs” & it saddens me because NOW is when we need to be UNITING – NOT DIVIDING! The spiritual attacks are frequent & for me personally, have grown in frequency. Let us all pray for God’s armor to protect us & help us be slow to anger & soften what otherwise might be a sharp tongue!

James 1:19,20 Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God.

Ken Harbeson
Ken Harbeson
October 12, 2016 2:10 PM

Amen Brandon!! I agree as well. I have had attacks of the same kind you spoke of. As Expat girl stated, they have become more frequent and with more intensity. May we all keep each other in prayer and put on the armor of God to help us get through these times we are all experiencing. I believe you are correct when you said they are coordinated to keep us off track with the will of our Lord. I will keep you in prayer. Let’s bind together with Jesus brother and sister warriors. We are at war and our enemy and prayer and following Jesus and his word are our weapons. Let’s be diligent and have strong faith and fight for our salvation. Don’t give up, it will get harder but it is written our God wins in the end. Praise God!

Sonia
Sonia
October 12, 2016 10:19 AM

Great word Brandon! God bless you !

MonkAthos
MonkAthos
October 12, 2016 11:11 AM

My Dear Brandon , its my first comment , but its really like this , and the most difficult is that the Devil become stronger in the Poeple, its no Problem God is Our God in Him we are Strong:]

Matt
Matt
October 12, 2016 11:44 AM

Amen Brandon! Well said.

Jeff Byerly
October 12, 2016 6:42 AM

I pray that many people from America and around the world would would come to the Lord in repentance prayer and fasting, this Yom Kippur say of Atonement, for this is what is needed during this late hour.
Jer 29:12-13 Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.

Tess
Tess
August 15, 2017 11:33 AM

We need to come together and fast for the forty days. We need to be strong in The Lord and the power of His Might!

Hernan
Hernan
October 12, 2016 1:17 PM

We must repent in this significant day and pray for our families, our friends, our nations and ourselfs. God please forgive our sins, don’t give a judgement to us but if we can not avoid that this come to our nations please protect us

God Bless you all in Jesus The Messiah

Karen Sue
Karen Sue
October 20, 2016 1:55 AM

Thank you Pastor, for sharing your dream and insight. This is beautiful, and uplifting, and a heart cry, especially to not allow the dark clouds of negativity.
rob us of our visitation. It speaks to that we can have concerns, but not to allow the concerns of this world overcome us, and rob our joy, and to bring our thoughts under the conviction of Christ that we sin not.

Shalom

Jane NZ
Jane NZ
October 12, 2016 2:49 PM

Dear Family,

In the ‘Update on the UVXY Blast Off’ I have shared 3 dreams for this season regards the hangman. Two are related to this, one via a Christmas tree made of No. 8 wire and the other via a ‘skirt’ regards covering in 1 Samuel 15 and the covering of our kinsman Redeemer in Ruth 3. I hope that it is particularly encouraging for those anticipating the deliverer and wealth transfer to those with faith and obedience. Will do a ‘Hey Over here’ in the comments so you can find it.

Love Jane
a/p

Corina Luu
Corina Luu
October 12, 2016 11:54 AM

Let us worship and praise Him on this day of Yom Kippur. Fasting, praying, confessing our sins, repenting, seeking, and just spending time with Him. The precious blood of Jesus Christ.. Yeshua!!

Song: O Come To The Altar

Hope
October 12, 2016 10:26 AM

If you would like to read more about where the Bride will be…you can find that here. Note that this is a small remnant of the Bride as the full Bride will be Raptured after the Harvest time. God has shown Lisa where James is speaking of and it is QUITE exciting!

fast ed
fast ed
October 12, 2016 8:33 AM

do you think this is a real place or is it the kingdom of gd on the inside of us

Marcio Ferez Jr.
October 12, 2016 9:27 AM

Fast Ed,

The only place mentioned in the Bible as being safe, from the antichrist, is real.

“He shall enter also into the glorious land, and many countries shall be overthrown: but these shall escape out of his hand, even Edom, and Moab, and the chief of the children of Ammon.”
Daniel 11:41 KJV

“Send the lamb to the ruler of the land,
From Sela to the wilderness,
To the mount of the daughter of Zion.
2 For it shall be as a wandering bird thrown out of the nest;
So shall be the daughters of Moab at the fords of the Arnon.
3 “Take counsel, execute judgment;
Make your shadow like the night in the middle of the day;
Hide the outcasts,
Do not betray him who escapes.
4 Let My outcasts dwell with you, O Moab;
Be a shelter to them from the face of the spoiler.
For the extortioner is at an end,
Devastation ceases,
The oppressors are consumed out of the land.”
Isaiah 16:1-5 NKJV

“When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:” Matthew 24:15.16 KJV

I could only conclude that Edom and Moab is the mountainous wilderness, next to Judea, that Jewish and Gentile Christians (and the leaders of Amman, Jordan) will be safe for 42 months, as quoted in Revelation 12:6.

October 12, 2016 8:27 PM

Thanks for sharing these great scriptures Marcio.

anna
anna
October 12, 2016 7:17 PM

That is exciting to know some will get to go there! So how do we get there? call up chariot in heaven service? LOL or get translated there!
Wouldn’t that be very cool?

Marcio Ferez Jr.
October 12, 2016 8:19 PM

If you are Jewish and your community rabbi can vouch for you, in a letter, then you can live in Israel until that time comes. If not and you are an American, then you can only have a 3 month visa, which can be renewed, but cannot work. If you are Arabic, or speak Arabic, then it would be easier for you to stay (maybe even as a refugee) in the Christian city of Fuhais, which is close to Mt. Nebo, and is in the ancient territory of Judea on the other side of the Jordan River (See Matthew 19:1). However, you would live for years in a country that only has about 4% Christians. The good thing is that King Abdullah II is probably the greatest king since biblical times and he and his government are very antiterrorist.

Sylvia Rodgers
Sylvia Rodgers
October 16, 2016 3:48 AM

Greater is HE, that is in us, than he that is in the World.

Meghan Marks
October 14, 2016 6:56 PM

Christmas seems to be a repeating theme I keep seeing come up. I heard that the Pope, the Queen, and Obama all made strange remarks last December that those who celebrate Christmas should enjoy their last one. I don’t have a prophetic word but from what I’ve been able to tell it looks like something may be going down the 23rd to the 25th this December. I wrote up this article as well http://clothedinrainbows9.tumblr.com/post/151380306007/first-halloween-becomes-second-christmas

Matt NZ
October 13, 2016 6:38 PM

Pastor Durham, considering the “Chip” and James Bailey’s slew of posts on it can you advise any service members of any regulations they can stand on or quote to their superiors when pressed to take the chip. Many will say no regardless but you could see a sizeable number of E-2’s and E-3’s buckling when you have a Captain or Field grade officer barking at them to do it.

My advice to Wanda from “Tens of thousands of people…”

Wanda
October 14, 2016 6:16 am

We need to repeat this message over and over to the young people before they are tempted to take the mark of the beast because it cool or pier pressure. My daughter is in the national guard, and I hope that they are not going to forced them to take the chip. But I know Jesus will protect her, she’s belonged to the since small.

Matt NZ
October 14, 2016 12:30 pm

Wanda, consult Pastor James Durham… https://z3news.com/w/author/durham/

30 years in the Army, he’ll know what grounds she can stand on if they try to force her. My opinion, she will just have to stand her ground and let them threaten (and they will). Consult Durham.