“Forty days, forty days, forty days!”

In the last three days, I keep hearing in my spirit “Forty days, forty days, forty days!”

Finally, yesterday, I had the time to look up forty days in the Bible to see all the references. I knew how significant the number ‘forty’ was, but I didn’t realize the importance.

JESUS fasted for forty days. Moses was up on Sinai for forty days. However, the forty days that jumped out at me was this verse from the Book of Jonah:

“And Jonah began to enter the city on the first day’s walk. Then he cried out and said, “Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown!” (Jonah 3:4)

I knew the LORD was pointing me to this time of Jonah, who preached that Nineveh had forty days to repent before disaster hit. Today (August 21, 2017) starts a forty day period with the 1st of Elul on the Hebrew calendar. It was on this day (1 Elul) that Jonah called for this forty days of repentance! Also, this Hebrew month of Elul is considered the Month of Repentance and it ends on September 30, the DAY OF ATONEMENT (Yom Kippur).

I believe this SOLAR ECLIPSE today is a sign to start this time of repentance for the nations, and especially America! The LORD ALMIGHTY is serious about this ‘time of repentance!’ HE is so serious, HE is showing this eclipse sign in the sky so NO ONE can miss HIS handiwork.

HE wants to get everyone’s attention—and this solar eclipse is doing just that!!!

We have forty days to repent for ourselves, our families and our nation! The Church needs to WAKE UP and start repenting as well, because it is our responsibility to be at the forefront of a repentant nation.

This morning, when I heard “forty days” again, I starting hearing more. So I grabbed a piece of paper and here is the message I received (it was received in the first person, but I was led to put it in the third person):

“FORTY DAYS AND FORTY NIGHTS. The day of repentance has come. Will you be found lacking in confession or will you humble yourselves before HIM.

As it was with Noah, so shall it be again. Forty days of judgment washed over the land. There is a great purging coming and HE wants his children to be ready for it.

Judgment comes and it will be swift. The cost will be great, so will the sorrow. Hide under the wings of the Almighty and let HIM be your defender.

Repent of your sins — don’t hold back for HE will forgive all who come!

Before long, the shaking will come and all who feel it will know it is the hand of GOD. Let not your hearts be troubled, trust in HIM and HE will save you.

Heed the words of the prophets from yesteryear and today. Do not be critical or doubting. Don’t let unbelief in your hearts, for it is the kiss of death.

Remain true to HIM and HE will remain in you. You are loved and cherished.” END OF MESSAGE

Brothers and sisters, let the next 40 days be a time of ‘standing in the gap’ for our country!!! PRAY, FAST AND REPENT!!!

“I looked for someone among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found no one. (Ezekiel 22:30)

Author: Elizabeth Marie

Elizabeth is a wife, mother and special-ed teacher…..however, her most important role is as a follower and disciple of the LORD JESUS CHRIST. In 2010 she started receiving prophetic words and dreams from the LORD and frequently shares them on her Youtube channel called Latterrain333 as well as on her blog, The Lighthouse.

Donate with any major credit or debit card.
For other payment methods, click here.

Matt
Matt
August 21, 2017 8:30 pm

Oh God, Oh God, My God. Show me my armor and sword, show me my place on the wall, and show me your grace and mercy and provision. May my tears be yours, and may my joy be yours. Though the night is full of sorrow, joy comes in the morning. Who is like the Lord, my Rock and my Shield, He in whom I trust. He teaches my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. I turn my eyes to the hills, for my help comes from the Lord. He uplifts and strengthens me with His strong right hand, and establishes me in Righteousness and Honor. I will serve Him with my whole being. Lord, may you grant us strength and wisdom, courage and grace, understanding and humility. Deliver us, for your Name’s sake.

Stephen Ellis
Stephen Ellis
August 21, 2017 9:06 pm

Psalm 20:2 (NKJV) May He send you help from the sanctuary,
And strengthen you out of Zion;

Maunta
Maunta
August 22, 2017 5:29 pm

Joining with you in prayer!

Rachel Baxter
August 21, 2017 9:55 pm

Right on point. At sunset tonight I began a fast that I believe the Lord will give me strength to complete at sunset on September 30th, the Day of Atonement. I encourage every child of God to ask the Lord if He is calling you also to fast and pray for 40 days so that every child of God living today in the land of America would be saved eternally.

Maunta
Maunta
August 22, 2017 5:28 pm

Wow! Are you fasting from eating? How do you do that if you have health issues?

Rachel Baxter
August 22, 2017 10:31 pm

Maunta – I do not consider myself a fasting expert by any means. I have fasted many times in different ways for varying durations. Each time, I ask the Lord what He wants for me. I am not capable of fasting at all without His supernatural strength and encouragement. I do not have health issues myself that limit me. If you do, then it is critical to ask the Lord to show you how He would have you fast. I believe it can look different for each person. God knows what we need to fast from. It could be food or it could be electronics! I’ve learned the hard way that God is not interested in my performance. He cares only about my heart. My heart has to be set on Him fully going in and throughout the fast to sustain me. I have “failed” or given up more than once. This time around, my hope is to just give Him each day and trust Him moment by moment.

There is a wonderful book called the Atomic Power of Prayer and Fasting written back in the 50’s or 60’s I believe. It was written by a man who had himself fasted for 40 days totally (only drinking water) as he was contending for revival. The book contains testimonies of many people who fasted for long periods of time. The Lord gave them the strength and He also was so good to them in rewarding their dedication and sacrifice by pouring out new revelation.

Casey Toda
Casey
August 23, 2017 9:05 am

Quantum Fasting by Emerson Ferrell is another life changing book on the subject of fasting. God bless you Rachel!!

Flea
Flea
August 23, 2017 7:07 am

The first three days of a fast from food does not harm your body, since your body increases it’s secretion of HGH (Human Growth Hormone), which compensates for the damage done by the lack of nutrients.

After three days of fasting from food you are incrementally doing more damage to your body. If you wish to fast from food for an extended period, make sure you regularly drink fresh organic vegetable juice.

Also keep in mind that 40 and 400 in the bible normally meant a period of preparation that preceded an act of God. 400 is a period preceding a bigger act of God than 40, e.g. Israel had to spend 400 years in Egypt before they were ready to be a nation. There was a 400 year period between the Old and New Testament before Jesus were born.

Jodi S
August 22, 2017 11:52 am

Hi Rachel, Can you share specifically how you are fasting during this time? I have only fasted 24 hours at a time, so I would be interested in learning how your long-term fast works. Thank you, sister!

Rachel Baxter
August 22, 2017 10:38 pm

Jodi – See the above answer for more details. I’m not sure how this fast of 40 days will go. Ask me on Sept. 30th! Right now I have begun a water only fast. I’m going to step through day by day and ask for strength. There is nothing special about me. I don’t have any fasting super power. I’m not doing it for accolades. I don’t care what other people think and no one else around me needs to even know. I’m doing it because our country is broken and all of us including our children and grandchildren are under a curse of deep sin. I am setting my heart on repentance and an awakening to occur that my brothers and sisters in this country would return to our first love, Jesus, and come out of this culture of Babylon.

Jodi S
August 23, 2017 7:45 am

Agree with all of your points, Rachel. Praying for you as you go! Thank you for the resources — I am fasting throughout the 40 days as the Lord leads; my husband and I were also talking about sack cloth, or something symbolic of such, because of our country’s great and stiff-necked rebellion. Repent US citizens, repent! I humble myself before you, Father, and confess our great guilt and filthy transgressions so blatantly mocking your Holiness, spitting on your love and rejecting your grace! My heart is overwhelmed with anguish at the depth of our sins, individually and collectively piled high to your heavens. Cleanse us, have mercy, open eyes, hearts and save souls, Father. May your will be done and may you PREPARE those of us lying at your feet to serve your perfect, mighty and Holy purposes and plans. I love you, LORD, as I confess and labor on, however weak, in the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior.

Tasha
Tasha
August 23, 2017 9:28 am

Thank you, Rachel, for the video you put together; it was a needed confirmation for me!

Julie
Julie
August 22, 2017 7:13 am

Thank You! This past weekend, Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj was at Moravian Falls church The Gathering and 2 days in a row the Lord had him tell us the same message emphasizing WE ALL MUST pray for Trump to finish his term. He said it is the time GOD has allowed for extended grace & if his term is cut off, the grace is lifted & it will not be a happy result. It was significant in the way he said it 2 days in a row.

Phanuel
Phanuel
August 22, 2017 8:47 am

Julie
I thought so too (significant he talked about Trump 2 days in a row). He kept coming back to it over and over again. I hope the “Trump is evil crowd” will finally see the light and join the rest of us in prayer. This is the WILL of God.

Shalom

Hernan
Hernan
August 22, 2017 7:24 pm

Is extrange, a couple of mouths ago, I think it was the g20 while I was in bed, not a sleep, I do not know to say in english, butI hear in my mind: last minute Dt has passed aw..last moment dt has passed..
I feel the need to pray for him in that moment I heard, because I understand if this happend would be a chaos, especially for the christian world….now that I see this I feel the urge

Marcio Ferez Jr.
Marcio Ferez Jr.
August 23, 2017 9:59 am

So if Trump finishes his term, then we have four more years of American infanticide?? How is that Grace for the innocent? Have we not heard multiple times that there is no more delay? Let their be protection and Grace on the President, those who seek God, and the innocent.

Marcio Ferez Jr.
Marcio Ferez Jr.
August 23, 2017 10:57 am

“Let there be”…

Frank
Frank
August 21, 2017 9:48 pm

If you count forward 40 days from Aug. 21, the day of the eclipse, including that day, you end up at Sept. 29. This year, Yom Kippur, the holiest Jewish day of the year, begins on Sept. 29. Yom Kippur is a day of atonement and judgment. It is a day of intense prayer, fasting and holiness to God. It is also a day when God’s judgment is sealed, or completely decided. This could be at an individual level, or regarding a nation, nations, kingdoms or other groups. This is a call for all of us to seek the face of the Lord for mercy on those who seek him, in these troubled times.

Pamela
Pamela
August 23, 2017 11:50 pm

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/tomhobson/2017/08/jonah-eclipse-ancient-nineveh/ Here is an article which may show a connection between our recent eclipse and Jonah/Nineveh. Lord bless!

Pamela
Pamela
August 23, 2017 11:44 pm

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/tomhobson/2017/08/jonah-eclipse-ancient-nineveh/Here is an article that may show a connection between our recent eclipse and Jonah/Ninevah. Lord bless!

Diane Boneck
Diane B
August 21, 2017 9:55 pm

Yes Elizabeth! Very True. While so many were having ‘eclipse’ parties, I was feeling agony in my spirit for your very word. 40 days to repent is what I heard. 40 is very significant to God. Let us stand in the gap as Moses did for the people. Nineveh repented, so can we. It is not too late!

Francy Carl
Francy
August 21, 2017 10:56 pm

That’s exactly what I was feeling and I’m still feeling by the way. Such grief in my spirit as if The Lord wants me to feel His agony. Let’s keep praying for those who have no clue about what’s coming and let’s pray for Trump’s life. That’s also something the Spirit has led me to pray as imminent danger.

Diane Boneck
Diane B
August 25, 2017 8:51 pm

Yes and Amen!

jerry rigg
August 22, 2017 12:47 am

….the sun never sets on the British Empire?…..but for the 40 days from this eclipse will America be weighed in the balances and be found wanting? Maybe we all need to skip a meal, pray, fast, and repent.

brian
brian
August 21, 2017 11:19 pm

there is another full solar eclipse in 7 years at the exact same spot only this time forming a cross.

Judith-Ann Ortiz
August 21, 2017 9:49 pm

CONFIRMATION. Exactly, what the LORD has been showed me 12 days ago. Stay pure, pray in the Spirit, Build the Wall (Nehemiah), 40 days.

Judith-Ann Ortiz
August 21, 2017 9:56 pm

No wimpy prayers either. Standing in the gap with full authority given to us by Christ! Conquer territory, like Joshua and Caleb

Brother Steven
Brother Steven
August 21, 2017 8:32 pm

As most Z3er’s will confess, God does everything according to His own counsel and His own Will; which is demonstrated through the Jewish calendar, the Jewish feasts and the promises He has made both Old and New Covenants. It would behoove all of us to remain focused and interested in al things of God Biblically speaking, so that we shall be caught unawares.

Avidan
August 22, 2017 8:27 am

Blessing Brother Steven,
Blessings!
The Part Way Of The Truth Is Now Being Reaveled.
What ls Truth?
Truth ls Heavenly Reality.
Which Is Torah/ The Law The Path Of Life.

King Yeshua/Jesus ls The Truth.
The WORD Of God.
He Brought The Heavenly Reality To The Earth.

ls Not Jewish Law As Most People Term lt
But Heavenly Reality.
Churches Must Go Back And Start Trending
On This Part Of Life.

The Part Of Life Has Been Laid Before Us.

From The Month Aviv( Passover),
through Festival Of The Weeks ( Pentecost) on
To Festival Of Sukkot( Feast of Tabernacle).
These are The Laws And Rulings We Are To Obey.

These Are Heavenly Constellation In The Courses.
——The Part Of Life.

Torah/ The Law does Not Save Us but Is The Verification Of God’s Children.

We All Must Trend This Heavenly Way.

Repent You! Repent Me!! Repent All!

THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS AT HAND (LOOMS NEAR).

AMEN!

Jenny from U.K
August 22, 2017 8:26 am

Another interesting fact about yesterday is that at the EXACT time of the eclipse the famous Big Ben clock chimed for the last time whilst repair work is going on for four years. I found that timing very interesting – a time of silence, if you don’t know the time by now!

jerry rigg
August 22, 2017 12:44 am

According to scriptural account, did it not rain for 40 days and 40 nights in the days of Noah? No one believed Noah that a flood was coming right up until the last day that everyone got on board the ark. It was business as usual then the skies burst forth. Heaven help us.

Jerome L
August 22, 2017 8:31 pm

I experienced this yesterday, 8/21, and God told me to share it.

I was literally in the middle of transferring some files at work when i spontaneously starting sobbing for our nation at ~12:10. I said a short prayer for God to prepare the curch for what is coming and asked God what he wanted me to do. He said warn your brothers. I looked online and found that the eclipse began in Oregon just after 12, right when the emotions overcame me.

Please make sure to be meeting with God in your secret place DAILY. Soon enough this nation will be shaken.

August 22, 2017 9:00 pm

Thanks for sharing that awesome confirmation Jerome.