The Father revealed to me the reason for the judgment that is here on the earth. He led me to the book of Jeremiah chapters 10 and 17.
In these chapters, we see Israel was near the time of entering into their Babylonian captivity. The prophet Jeremiah, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, reveals the reason why the nation was heading into captivity. In a prophetic parallel the Father is warning us and revealing to us the reasons why we are in the mess we are in. Simply put, it is the sin of idolatry! We have rebelled against the One who has given us life! Judgment never comes without warning and ample opportunity to repent.
Here are a few verses that really speak to where we are.
1 Hear ye the word which the Lord speaketh unto you, O house of Israel:
2 Thus saith the Lord, “Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.” (Jeremiah 10:1-2)
We as the Church are called to see the world conformed to us, but our churches have become so pagan in practice, you can’t tell the difference between some churches and a night club!
Learn not, means to teach not, to not instruct others in the way or journey of the heathen. We are on a highway to hell, and the Church is enjoying the ride, blissfully ignoring the warning signs that says, “The bridge is out!”
3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.
4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.
5 They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good. (Jeremiah 10:3-5)
We have changed the word of God to fit the sin of man. We have altered what is right to fit what is wrong, and we teach a foreign gospel and offer strange fire (Numbers 3:4) upon our altars to a Holy God! We have replaced our worship to God with worship of ourselves, and created an idol made in the likeness of the American dream! We are no different than the pagans of foreign lands who worship graven images. We simply changed the names from buddha, allah, and confucius, to Cadillac, Wall Street, and Nordstrom! We have become so awe struck by the wealth of our Hollywood pastors that we literally believe God is just like us! Our stuff is His seal of approval!
16. The portion of Jacob is not like them: for he is the former of all things; and Israel is the rod of his inheritance: The LORD of hosts is his name. (Jeremiah 10:16)
Here is a news flash; God is nothing like us! He loves us, but He cannot tolerate the stench of our sin much longer. We have violated the Holy oath of His Covenant, and have marginalized His Holiness by flaunting our sin in His sanctuary! We are teaching the nations to sin, while waving our prosperity like a reward for our paganized practices!
We need to heed this warning!
17. Gather up thy wares out of the land, O inhabitant of the fortress.
18. For thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will sling out the inhabitants of the land at this once, and will distress them, that they may find it so. (Jeremiah 10:17-18)
A clarion call is being released to the Remnant right now. It is a call to be on the move, to be busy about the Father’s work, and to occupy till He comes! Israel was taught that when the shofar blows you have to be prepared to move on a 3-day journey (Numbers 10:33). They were prepared because they were taught the fear of the Lord through the prophetic voice of their day. They moved prophetically and in order as a camp when they saw the cloud move!
Remnant, we need to heed the warnings of the true prophets of God and get our house in order! We must move with the Glory, regardless if its headed into the wilderness of uncertainty! We are to have our spiritual affairs in order and our natural affairs in order. Too many in the Church are weighed down with sin, doubt, and debt that if the Father told you to move, we’d trip over our baggage! We must lay aside the sin! We must activate our faith! We must get rid of the debt that Babylon has enslaved us with!
There is no easy way out! America we will feel the pain and reward for our sins! Someone will pay for the blood of the innocent, the defenseless, and the vulnerable! We will bear the weight of our national sins upon our backs, as we woefully march into the confines of Babylonian captivity!
19. Woe is me for my hurt! my wound is grievous: but I said, Truly this is a grief, and I must bear it. (Jeremiah 10:19)
Why must we endure the weight of these sins preacher? Look around and see all the beautiful Churches, and all we’ve done in this Christian nation! Isn’t there an account in Heaven for our past righteousness? Here is the reason we have been found guilty in the court room of Heaven.
20. My tabernacle is spoiled, and all My cords are broken: My children are gone forth of Me, and they are not: there is none to stretch forth My tent any more, and to set up My curtains. (Jeremiah 10:20)
The word ‘tabernacle’ has a dual meaning. It represents the nation and the Church, a tent of dwelling. It speaks to both the political and religious aspects of a nation. The cords speak to the strength and stability of a nation, which is the Covenant, the Word of God, and His presiding presence. These give a nation a moral foundation, a fabric of righteousness that lines our daily lives with peace and prosperity. Without it, a nation is turned into hell (Psalm 9:17).
Verse 20 goes on to reveal the absence of those who have been born into this Kingdom, who now have forsaken all the elements needed to successfully operate within the Kingdom. The Father says I cannot find those who once held up My Word above their own, those who once provided protection and provision to those who could not do so on their own. My curtains that once held My Presence and Power are no longer raised, for My Children have abandoned Me! Yet we sing God bless America, and pray for more stuff!
21. For the pastors are become brutish, and have not sought the LORD: therefore they shall not prosper, and all their flocks shall be scattered. (Jeremiah 10:21)
One of the definitions for the word brutish is STUPID! We’ve become stupid in our Churches! We’ve become stupid by embracing the pagan gods and their practices. We’ve become stupid by believing a politician will solve our moral problems with the stroke of a pen! We’ve become stupid by supporting those sodomites who defy the Living God, with their open sewage lifestyles! We will not prosper because we have abandoned our only source of truth and have refused to repent, calling on the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob!
22. Behold, the noise of the bruit (report) is come, and a great commotion out of the north country, to make the cities of Judah desolate, and a den of dragons. (Jeremiah 10:22)
Church, the prophetic report card has been issued and we are failing in our assignment to turn this nation back to God! The enemy has breached our gates and soon will unleash mechanisms that will make this nation desolate!
23. O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. (Jeremiah 10:23)
We cannot afford to trust in the minds and hands of man! We must call upon the Living God to help us find our way through the maze of this current Babylonian life! This verse must be our prophetic cry!
24. O LORD, correct me, but with judgment (justice); not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. (Jeremiah 10:24)
1. The sin of Judah is written with a pen of iron, and with the point of a diamond: it is graven upon the table of their heart, and upon the horns of your altars; (Jeremiah 17:1)
Our sin has left a tattoo that only the Blood of Jesus can remove! We have been marked by God for destruction as a nation, yet no one seems to care. Our enemies have tagged us and branded us for the slaughter, yet the Church continues to sing I’ll fly away! The only thing flying away right now is our freedom!
2. Whilst their children remember their altars and their groves by the green trees upon the high hills. (Jeremiah 17:2)
We have polluted the minds and hearts of our children with our sins. We have violated their pure conscience, leaving an indelible mark of filth, pornography and witchcraft! If the children are His reward (Psalm 127:3), then what are we giving Him in the future? We are offering up our children on the altar of Moloch! Does anyone really care about the little ones?
According to the research I have done, the world has aborted 1.5 Billion babies in the last 50 years! Yet the Church says, “Why judgment? Why all of this talk of bloodshed in our world? Why do you remind us of these things?”
We must be reminded of the holocaust of our day!
3. O my mountain in the field, I will give thy substance and all thy treasures to the spoil, and thy high places for sin, throughout all thy borders.
4. And thou, even thyself, shalt discontinue from thine heritage that I gave thee; and I will cause thee to serve thine enemies in the land which thou knowest not: for ye have kindled a fire in mine anger, which shall burn for ever.
5. Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.
6. For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good cometh; but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land and not inhabited. (Jeremiah 17:3-6)
We have trusted in man for the last time! He cannot help us out of our sin. We cannot vote purity nor legislate righteousness! We cannot live like the devil and ask Heaven to bless the works of our hands! We need nationwide repentance for our treason against a Holy God and His Word! America, the Father is pleading with us to repent!
Good news for the Remnant!
7. Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.
8. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit. (Jeremiah 17:7-8)
14. Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise. (Jeremiah 17:14)
How to Prepare:
As I conclude this word, I know it is not easy to comprehend what is coming over the horizon. But it is coming! So what do we do, how do we prepare and live in the midst of such strong storm warnings? The Father answered my heart’s cry with these 4 instructions.
- Get your house in order, spiritually and naturally!
- Move to higher ground! Get up to where the Father is, and listen to what He is saying to you.
- Stay settled and rooted in Me! His Word is your only stability in this hour.
- Prepare for acceleration! (Tighten your seats belt!)
It’s going to be wild ride but have no fear, the Father will always be in control!
1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:
thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. (Psalm 23:1-5)
Author: Pastor Benjamin Faircloth
Benjamin Faircloth is the President and Founder of World Outreach Ministries International and also the Pastor of Ignited Church in Lavonia GA. His wife Jennifer is also a Pastor at Ignited Church, which was birthed out of a desire to see the glory of God restored to the church and to help others discover their destiny in Christ! Benjamin has been in ministry since 1991.