The Book of Jude precedes the Book of Revelation in our New Testament. In it a portion of Enoch’s prophecy is quoted about the “mighty ones” that accompany the Lord’s appearing (see Jude 1:14). Jude is like a preface for Revelation, and it is placed where it is by divine design as it helps set the stage for the message of the Book of Revelation.

The book of Enoch was not canonized because the only manuscripts available were thought to have been corrupted by someone adding parts to it that were not Enoch’s. In my study of the book of Enoch, I felt that this was correct—it had been tampered with and added to. Obviously this was not the case in Jude’s time or he would not have quoted it, and it would not have been included in canon Scripture. So how does this part of Enoch’s prophecy relate to the Book of Revelation?

Enoch’s vision was of a great force, “mighty ones,” that would come with the Lord at His appearing. In the Greek, mighty ones is the word murias, which is a literal “ten thousand.” Other Bible versions translate this many different ways, from “tens of thousands” to “myriads,” but it should literally be “ten thousand.” Some have assumed that these are resurrected saints who come back with the Lord when He returns, but we know there are many more than this returning with the Lord. This is a powerful force of ten thousand who will arise at the end of the age.

I interject this here because I was shown some things about this force in a prophetic experience when I was a relatively new believer. I was told that I would have a part in preparing some of them for their purpose. Over the years, I began to see this group prophetically in other Scriptures. I have sought more understanding on them my entire Christian life, and I have been given some. Even so, I know I still only have part of the understanding of their full purpose, but I am constantly looking for those who are called to be a part of this force. Some of you may have already heard the call to be a part of this force.

One of the things I was shown about this force in the mid-1980s was that they would be like the Delta Force for God’s army. In 1988 I was given the word about the Heritage property being restored, and I shared that word last week. That prophecy included a part about this “new breed of ministry” that would be raised up there. I knew then that this was the same group I had been shown before.

The word I got about the Heritage property spoke of this new breed as “eunuchs for the kingdom’s sake.” Just as a eunuch in the natural cannot have sexual desires, these will be “spiritual eunuchs for the kingdom’s sake”—ones who have no desire to use the church for selfish reasons. They will be devoted to helping the church become the pure, spotless, and blameless bride she is called to be for the sake of the King. Their whole fulfillment will come from seeing the King’s pleasure in His bride.

True disciples live to know their Master, to become like Him, and to do the works that He did. A basic characteristic of those who are part of this new breed is that they march to the beat of a different drum. They can hear the sound of a trumpet that others may not hear, and they respond to it.

Because it will be the nature of this new breed of ministry to not exalt or promote themselves, but rather to live to promote the King and prepare for His coming, they will not be known or recognized by many. It will be their nature to hide their identity even when they do great exploits. They live for the King and before the King, not men. They live to hear, “Well done!” from the Lord, not men. They glory in the Lord, not in men or in themselves. For this reason, they will be trusted with unprecedented spiritual authority. Cities will be stirred by their works, even whole nations and regions at times, yet no one knows who they are.

Just as the U.S. Army Delta Force may have become one of the most remarkable forces in military history, it cannot win a war without the rest of the military. Likewise, these “mighty ones” will not be all that the Lord is doing in our time. Conventional ministries and churches will be doing the far bigger part. However, they too will be impacted and changed by these “mighty ones,” just as the entire military has been impacted by the Special Forces that have emerged. Now the level of excellence and performance of regular soldiers can reach standards that only Special Forces attained just a few decades ago.

After the Vietnam War, the American military was possibly at its lowest state ever in morale and general readiness. Even the American people had a disdain for the military, and few people wanted to be a part of it. For this reason, the quality of the recruits was low. This is the time when some of our greatest military leaders emerged. They strove for an uncommon excellence, and they demanded it from top to bottom. The morale started to rise. The condition of the troops started to rise, and this set the table for a great miracle of transformation.

The military, considered one of the most rigid institutions, became one of the most agile and creative organizations in history. A wellspring of new strategies, tactics, and even new weapons began to flow. When the first Gulf War, the next major test of the American military, came, the whole world stood in awe at what the U.S. military had become. This is a parallel of what has been going on spiritually in the body of Christ.

I interject this here because much of the rest of the Revelation that we will study will not be about the antichrist, but rather about what Christ is doing. One of the important things happening right now is an inner transformation of His church, and how brilliantly He is building His people into the greatest force that the world will have ever seen. Whether you have no clue what I’m talking about or have already heard the call, I pray that you will excel in going beyond what others are content with.

Scripture Reference:

14 It was also about these men that Enoch, in the seventh generation from Adam, prophesied, saying, “Behold, the Lord came with many thousands of His holy ones,
15 to execute judgment upon all, and to convict all the ungodly of all their ungodly deeds which they have done in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.” (Jude 1:14-15)

Strong’s Definition – g3461. μυρίας myrias; from 3463; a ten-thousand; by extension, a “myriad” or indefinite number: — ten thousand.

Rick Joyner

Author: Rick Joyner

Rick Joyner has authored more than fifty books, including The Final Quest Trilogy, There Were Two Trees in the Garden, The Path, and Army of the Dawn. He is also the Founder and Executive Director of MorningStar Ministries, a multi-faceted mission organization which includes Heritage International Ministries, MorningStar University, MorningStar Fellowship of Churches and Ministries, and CMM/MorningStar Missions—an umbrella organization serving over five hundred missionaries in the field and over ten thousand churches, schools, and ministries around the world. MorningStar Ministries is based in Fort Mill, SC.

Lydia Hodge
July 10, 2018 6:27 AM

I absolutely love this part and it so bears witness with me.
“Because it will be the nature of this new breed of ministry to not exalt or promote themselves, but rather to live to promote the King and prepare for His coming, they will not be known or recognized by many. It will be their nature to hide their identity even when they do great exploits.”
They won’t be recognized by many. They will be so unique from the self appointed “ Oh God called me and you should hear what I have to say prophets.”
The glory of God will cover them and it will be all about Jesus. I don’t know about the rest of you but I’m growing weary of so many that claim that God sent them when it’s clear from their revelations that they are more interested in who they are than in who Jesus is. Something has got to give.

Stirred-not-shaken
Stirred-not-shaken
July 10, 2018 10:06 AM

LH, amen to that. The people that toss around their credentials are the least likely to genuinely have them. SNS

David Lockett
July 10, 2018 9:07 AM

Agreed with you Sister Lydia I feel the same weariness myself, I want something genuine and true and pure!!!

Stirred-not-shaken
Stirred-not-shaken
July 9, 2018 8:05 PM

So, Jude, who referenced the Book of Enoch in the Holy Scripture….needs to repent for quoting the tainted “doctrine of demons? ” I Kinda have a problem with the idea that Jude needs to repent for writing scripture. SNS

July 9, 2018 8:20 PM

As Rick Joyner pointed out in his post today, he believes the tainting came long after Enoch wrote the book. About 300 years passed between the time Jude wrote his book until scriptures were canonized. Rick Joyner believes the original manuscripts of the book of Enoch were tainted during that time by people adding to what Enoch wrote, which is why it was not included in the Bible.

Stirred-not-Shaken
Stirred-not-Shaken
July 10, 2018 12:55 AM

We know the part quoted by Jude is canonical and undefiled. The rest of Enoch falls into the same category as any other supposedly inspired writing or word, including Joanna’s posts. If it doesn’t line up with the word that section of the revelation gets tossed, and the balance of it must be viewed with caution. When I hear people saying “this saith the Lord” and tossing around a lot of KJV jargon and trying to sound Like Elijah, I view it with extra discretion. Toss in some signs, wonders, solid biblical teaching and active, accurate resident revelatory gifts and just maybe they have a genuine prophetic mantel. There’s a difference between folks that prophesy and the Office of the Prophet. A big difference. SNS

John Barry
John Barry
July 10, 2018 8:23 AM

Amen SNS , wisdom ! We are in a War , caution is the better part of Valour , test the Spirits always . Blessings

July 10, 2018 1:09 PM

I agree. There are lots of voices claiming to speak for God and, in my opinion, most are at best a mixture of God and their own opinions. I thank God for those few refined ones who hear His voice clearly and speak only what He says.

Nickie
Nickie
July 11, 2018 1:54 AM

Amen SNS! My spirit does NOT agree with her ONE BIT! I commented on this in a recent post. God Bless and thank you for seeing what I’m seeing and having the gumption to voice it. We must be unafraid in these end times to speak up! We are being tested and tried. Jesus says in His Word, ” My sheep will know My voice.” Amen?

Kristy
Kristy
July 9, 2018 10:04 PM

Jude quoted Enoch, not the Book of Enoch.

Sonia
Sonia
July 10, 2018 6:49 AM

Great observation Kristy ! You are right ! Jude quoted Enoch, not the Book of Enoch !!!
Bless you !

jmore
jmore
July 10, 2018 12:51 AM

God preserves His Word. Not man. Enoch is an apocryphal(hidden) work. The secret of why it was “hidden” may be in the first paragraph of the text itself. “… I understood as I saw, but not for this generation, but for a remote one which is to come.” The “remote” or distant generation Enoch spoke of is ours and just like Daniels vision was sealed up until the end so was Enoch hidden until the end time generation.

The truth about man’s spirituality has been distorted because satan has deceived the world into thinking we’ve evolved from apes which reduces man to mere flesh and bone and makes these things hidden and incomprehensible to most. It survived the flood yet was not in Jewish canon. I think this book will become more and more valuable as we continue to enter into the end times and people begin to fully realize how spiritual this battle really is(we should know already but most don’t fully grasp and comprehend).

Just to be clear I’m talking about 1 Enoch that was found in Ethiopia. Remember when the Queen of Sheba visited Solomon? Could that visit be the link to Ethiopia? Please allow the Lord give you discernment as you read for yourself.

July 10, 2018 9:41 AM

I agree with you, jmore. Enoch was a true prophet who is only one of two who went to heaven without dying. So if he is a true prophet of God, where is his message to us that God intended? Did God fail to give us His message through Enoch? Of course not. That notion is simply not logical. God’s message to us is in the book of Enoch I, that was preserved in the Greek language, and Qumran cave Aramaic fragments. Holy Spirit discernment will guide us to weed out any additions, but the core message is there. Jude did not quote Enoch directly, since they lived thousands of years apart. Even the verbal tradition would definitely have been lost as accurate. That is a provable fact in passing a verbal message secretly from one person to another. By the end of the tenth person, the message is corrupted. There are probably about 200 different Flood traditions in the different languages transmitted down the ages verbally. Is not the WRITTEN story in Genesis the correct one? Absolutely. Even the New Testament writers quote written Scripture. Jesus would say himself, “It is written…” God’s message to us through Enoch is in the written book of Enoch I.

Robson
Robson
July 10, 2018 3:14 PM

Enoch is endorsed by Yeshua. Nothing more to add, it is very inspired

July 9, 2018 6:11 PM

The book of Enoch is one of the most Messianic prophetic books I have ever read. No wonder the Jews did not include it in the Masoretic Text. I have not found theologic fault with it. There may be translational errors in the numeric size of the Nephelim, and the addition of the questionable book of Noah. However, the Holy Spirit inspired book of Jude makes a direct quotation of this book and calls Enoch a prophet. It was written for the people of the last days.
Therefore, the book of Enoch, as originally written, is inspired Truth.

July 9, 2018 8:26 PM

I agree the original book as recorded by Enoch was inspired by God, but the question arises about whether or not what we have today all came from Enoch or were parts added along the way prior to the time when scriptures were canonized about 300 years after Jude quoted from it in his writings. Joanna’s warning confirms what Rick Joyner’s post claimed today, the book was contaminated by people adding to the original. To make it reliable, we would need to verify it matches the original manuscripts.

July 9, 2018 10:09 PM

Dead Sea fragments have been found that predate the canonization and probably predate the birth of Jesus. What really are fake are the Book of Enoch II and III.

Julie
July 10, 2018 7:31 AM

In Exodus 25:33, The Lord instructs the Candlestick for the Tabernacle to be made with 66 buds and blossoms.

July 10, 2018 1:05 PM

Thanks for sharing that Julie. That’s awesome.

jmore
jmore
July 10, 2018 9:18 PM

Great point Julie!! The Lord, The Alpha and Omega knows all!!

Here is a link to a great illustration: http://www.standardbearers.net/uploads/Golden_Candlestick_Menorah_Dr_Floyd_Nolen_Jones.PDF

July 10, 2018 9:48 PM

It is a great point by Julie, and I am sure Enoch would agree since he lives. Though what he wrote is from God, it was not supposed to be included in the canon of 66 books of the Bible. His prophetic writing (which is very Messianic and is like a summary of events from Genesis to Revelation) was to be for the last days people. This is what he wrote:

7. “Now will I point out a mystery: Many sinners shall turn and transgress against the word of uprightness.

8. They shall speak evil things; they shall utter falsehood; execute great undertakings; and compose books in their own words. But when they shall write all my words correctly in their own languages,

9. They shall neither change or diminish them; but shall write them all correctly; all which from the first I have uttered concerning them.

10. Another mystery also I point out. To the righteous and the wise shall be given books of joy, of integrity, and of great wisdom. To them shall books be given, in which they shall believe;

11. And in which they shall rejoice. And all the righteous shall be rewarded, who from these shall acquire the knowledge of every upright path.”

Enoch 103:7-11

jmore
jmore
July 10, 2018 10:27 PM

Yes, I agree Marcio,
Enoch is an apocryphal(hidden) work that would be grossly misinterpreted by the masses. The book has it’s purpose for the end time saints and I think it will bring us great comfort in the coming days. Thank you Heavenly Father for knowing and meeting our every need!!

“The words of the blessing of Enoch, wherewith he blessed the elect and righteous, who will be living in the day of tribulation, when all the wicked and godless are to be removed…” Enoch 1:1-2

“…for the elect there shall be light and joy and peace, And they shall inherit the earth. And then there shall be bestowed upon the elect wisdom, And they shall all live and never again sin, Either through ungodliness or through pride: But they who are wise shall be humble. And they shall not again transgress, Nor shall they sin all the days of their life, Nor shall they die of (the divine) anger or wrath, But they shall complete the number of the days of their life. And their lives shall be increased in peace, And the years of their joy shall be multiplied, In eternal gladness and peace, All the days of their life. Enoch 5:7-9

O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out! For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counseller? Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again? For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen. Rom 11:33-36

July 10, 2018 3:17 PM

Julie, I have forgotten if I knew before why you are referencing the Candlestick with 66 buds and blossoms. Can you please explain? Thanks.

July 10, 2018 3:55 PM

OK. I looked it up. There are 66 books in the Bible.

Robert Bishop
Robert Bishop
July 10, 2018 3:02 PM

I think the first book of Enoch is very important for the purpose of preparing people mentally for the things coming up and down on the earth at the tribulation time. People need to know what it was like in the days of Noah imo . I believe that when Michael fights the Dragon in revelations 12 that a lot of things are coming down that men never knew existed. The technology is great enough that things could be brought back .

CJZ
CJZ
July 9, 2018 10:37 PM

Rick Joyner’s book, The Final Quest, brought me to the Lord. I was raised going to church but it wasn’t until reading his book that I actually started a spiritual journey and started getting to know God… and now LOVE God. Thank you for posting something by him. Rick, God rescued me through you! Thank you!

HILBILEE
HILBILEE
July 11, 2018 11:01 AM

CJZ I will echo what you said and say thank you James for posting Rick’s word. We follow him and Morningstar closely and have been blessed by their ministry.

Linda Courtney
Linda Courtney
July 11, 2018 5:03 PM

Just be very careful of any Christian who is building a “Kingdom” on earth. In the past this has been tried, and failed. Such as “Christian” theme parks, and so on. Jesus Christ is building and perfecting HIS BODY as he so chooses via God’s Holy Spirit, and God does not need a special place to polish his Ministers.