Church Rejects Message of Repentance

church_fight

I don’t know what’s happening in everyone else’s home church, but let me tell you what we’re experiencing.

Our pastor has begun preaching a message of repentance, saying things like, “It doesn’t matter who becomes President, no man can save this country!”

“Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people.”

I’ve watched him transform to preach this end time message, and he’s on fire for the Lord. But as soon as his messages became politically incorrect, people began to walk out of the services – right in the middle of his messages. Tithes and offerings are down 50%, and he’s getting letters saying he needs to repent for his messages!

Saints, a huge separation is taking place. I agree and am praying fervently that the blinders will come off. And I’m confident that the great shaking to come will jolt many wide awake. Our Lord is merciful in bringing this shaking.

Note: The photo above is only symbolic, not a real physical fight.

Author: Diana Pulliam

Diana Pulliam is a wife, mother, and grandmother. Although she has been a Christian since the age of 22, it wasn’t until 2008, while going through an especially trying time, that she asked God what He intended for her life. She told Him she wanted her life to give Him glory, but didn’t see how it was making any difference at all for His kingdom. She asked Him to not hold anything back, she wanted everything He intended for her, and was willing to do whatever He told her to do.

Two weeks later, during her quiet time with the Lord, she heard the Holy Spirit say, “Clean your house and write.” The last few years, He has given her dreams and visions about the times in which we live. In 2011, she started the blog The Mighty Hand of God as a place to write whatever the Lord inspires.

© 2016, Z3 News. All rights reserved. This content may be freely reproduced in full or in part online, email, or other digital formats but only with full attribution to the author, a clickable link to http://Z3news.com, and no changes to the title or body of the article. For permission to reproduce this content in other media formats please contact us.

Please donate now to support Z3 News.

donate

Matt Smith
Matt Smith
May 31, 2016 4:27 pm

If he keeps preaching it souls will be saved. I love a non-pc, non- watered down, non-compromising, raw, telling the truth, hearing from God preacher. Let him keep preaching this message, eventually the right people will walk through those doors. One of the biggest complaints I hear from those truly seeking the Lord, is finding a pastor who preaches the undivided truth. There is only two types of churches real and fake. Diana this is sad reality for many “aints,” they love the fake stuff. They treat church like it’s The Price Is Right, or Let’s Make A Deal, and they want the pastor to be Drew Carey or Bob Barker, so they can “Come on down” to prosperity. The “Saints” want the truth.

May 31, 2016 6:22 pm

Amen, Matt! I told him although many are walking away because of him preaching the undiluted, unfiltered Word of God, many, like myself, are coming and staying because of it.

David
David
May 31, 2016 6:38 pm

About 3 years ago in a dream, the Lord spoke and said “Read Jeremiah 7” It describes the modern church. Unfortunately Jesus has become a product that is being sold for money. From Australia to the West Coast Jesus is being branded and sold as a sound or an encounter. But repentance is never mentioned, They threw away the Gospel to sell their products. Soon no one will be buying their stuff. I had a dream and their was a large airliner above me in the sky and the Lord told me that a very popular tv pastor was in the plane, then it crashed. All these rich Laodicean pastors and music peddlers are about to have their money tables flipped over and candle stick removed.

June 1, 2016 6:56 am

David, thank you for speaking about this truth. The dream is very sobering and reveals the Father’s heart about the abomination of selling the gospel for a profit. Thank you, Brother!

Elle Marie
May 31, 2016 9:04 pm

David, In May 1999, I was on a plane travelling from Nashville to Chicago. Joel Osteen came over to where I was sitting and the Lord gave me a word for him. Was it him in your dream? and was your dream recent? I put some information about the word on my website (which is still under construction) prophecy today online dot com. The private info in the word is still private. But this word was delivered publicly and many heard it (around 100-150 people). And part of the public word is addressed on the website. This is one of the most unusual words the Lord’s had me give. It had two endings depending on choices Ps O made. As of 2006, the secondary ending has been in play. In mid-March 2016, I woke up with this message on my heart, almost as if the Lord was whispering it to me “It won’t be much longer now”. And the JO prophecy is one of the things I’d been praying and fasting over and believe it’s referring to JO. And, Diana, your pastor is now in my prayers. I stopped going to church in 2014 and attend a weekly Home Bible Study now. Also, the Lord directed me to move out of the United States which I did in September 2015. God bless you Diana and David.

David
David
June 1, 2016 6:05 pm

Yes it was Joel. The dream was about 2-3 years ago. I had another dream about him where he gave me a contract to sign to do some work for him and as I went to read it spiders came out from between the pages.

June 1, 2016 7:04 am

Elle, thank you for sharing. A home Bible study is something I’m preparing for in the near future as well, because we know this will happen as Churches are forced to close their doors.

benton collins
benton collins
May 31, 2016 6:14 pm

In the large denominational churches, you see that they are being operated as if they were a business and the Pastor is the CEO- the image of the business. The objective is to generate funds to keep the business doors open. To preach the Word as it is supposed to be preached will offend those who are backslidden and tolerate sin. Many forget the road to Salvation is actually a narrow path with Jesus being the Way, the Truth, and the Light. This can happen also in small churches where there are those who have tickling ears and wish to hear funny stories and listen to a watered-down message. It may be distressing but it is a fact. Many adults have their hearts harden to the Word of the Lord. There are various reasons why this has occurred. Each person must examine his or her own heart and see what is his or her relationship to the Lord. I conclude with: If an individual were to read Pilgrim’s Progress, you see that not everyone makes it to Heaven. It is the Pastor’s intent to lead as many as possible to Salvation but the are a number of Pliables (a character in Pilgrim’s Progress) in a Church who will go the way of the world. They listen but yet they are deaf. They see yet they are blind. This may seem to be harsh but it is the reality. Be a Pilgrim and do not become a Pliable!

May 31, 2016 6:43 pm

Benton,
The mega church i attended for a few years was as you describe. They rarely spoke of sin and repentance. Everything was perfectly timed and orderly, the Holy Spirit would have interfered with their “program.” But I do pray the coming shaking from our merciful Father will awaken many.

Ivone
Ivone
May 31, 2016 8:36 pm

Hi Diana,
Your post is a huge confirmation of God to me at This moment. God’s timing always amazes me! It is 9:08pm here where I am. The Lord brought me to this new city and earlier this evening he to took me to see what a mega church preaching looks like. I got a taxi around 6:45pm and got to the church a little past 7:00pm, the worship was on and the church was packed. A man came and found me a seat 3 or 4 rows from the pulpit, I set down and waited to see what was to happen. Then after the worship had ended the preacher which is a well known figure in the States as well as around the world got up and stated to preach. There was no urgency, no end time nessage at all it was like a regular Sunday service full with little stories and some mention of prosperity. And, in the middle of the his preaching I felt that the Lord wanted me to leave, so I got up and left! I called a taxi and waited outside the church, and as I was waiting for the taxi I stated to cry for the people inside the builden because they were all happy not knowing what is about to come. May the Lord have mercy on those people!! I came back to my hotel room and started to pray and then the Lord led me to check z3news for a new post. What a confirmation! Praise the Lord Jesus Christ!

June 1, 2016 7:10 am

Ivone, thank you for sharing this experience. It’s amazing that you were led by the Lord to walk out of that lukewarm, watered down “church,” whereas satan is prompting others to walk out of the on-fire, unfiltered Word of God Churches! There is a huge separation taking place.
Thank you and God bless you, Ivone!

stuart
stuart
May 31, 2016 7:38 pm

Yes, their program as dictated by the order of service as dictated by the Sunday worship bulletin and the clock on the wall instead of the leading of the Spirit.

Colin
Colin
May 31, 2016 6:48 pm

I have a stupid question…if you are one that does not hear the audible voice of God, and do not have dreams and or visions, or prophetic insight, how can you be sure you are living in Gods will? I pray usually everyday, and more times than not, multiple times in the day; not boasting, just trying to make a point…I do “feel” His presence, but I even wonder sometimes if it is a “placebo” effect. But I guess if I take the various “coincidences” along with the emotional, tangible feelings, that’s pretty hard to attribute to placebo..ok sorry, Im rambling. 😉

June 1, 2016 12:05 am

His gifts are wonderful, but we don’t have to feel or see anything to know He hears us because He has already promised in His word, if we simply acknowledge Him in all of our ways He will make our path straight (Proverbs 3:6). In other words, we can bypass all wrong turns and detours.

Seeking first the kingdom of God and His righteousness (Matthew 6:33) is what keeps us on the right path because His righteousness guards the one whose way is blameless, but wickedness subverts the sinner (Proverbs 13:6). If we seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, God will equip us with everything we need to complete our assignment, including spiritual gifts.

June 1, 2016 7:36 am

Colin, as I read your comment, the first thing that came to mind was when Jesus said, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” The best part of a relationship is just what you describe; sitting or walking along communing with our Lord in prayer; listening to Him speak to us through His written Word. Personally, I believe those who receive dreams and visions on a regular basis may be at risk of depending upon them as a temperature gauge of some sort. Because I’ve had periods when there’s been a long space of time between receiving a dream or vision, and I’ve thought, “I must have done something wrong, God must be upset with me – He’s not speaking to me…” When in actuality, the primary way our Lord speaks to us is through His written Word and in the manner you describe in your comment.

Nita Grisham
Nita Grisham
June 2, 2016 6:51 pm

Diana, Thank you so much for you saying that you have had periods when there is a long space of time between receiving a dream or vision and you thought that you must have done something wrong, or that God was upset with you. I was just praying today for confirmation that our communion was good, and that I was still traveling on the right path, and find your comment. What a confirmation!

June 2, 2016 9:30 pm

Nita, I think the Lord enjoys us just sitting in His presence, and in essence He says, “Be still and know I AM God.”

Colin
Colin
June 1, 2016 8:33 am

Thank you James and Diana for your encouragement, I appreciate that!

brian
brian
June 1, 2016 6:54 am

colin you are not alone and its not a stupid question. im in exactly the same position – no dreams no visions no voice etc

Dean
Dean
June 1, 2016 1:21 pm

“For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.” (1 John 5:7)

Consume the Word of God, for it is the very bread of life.

Don’t read “quarterlies” or pamphlets, don’t read “Inspirational Works,” don’t listen to hour upon hour of blah, blah, blah.

Be strong in prayer, and consume the Word of God, stem to stern, nothing lacking. Use tools to help understand the Hebrew or Greek. Measure EVERYTHING else by it.

Christina January
June 1, 2016 11:01 pm

Colin, when I read God’s Word, He speaks to me. Many times when I pray and ask the Lord questions about things, He will reveal a Scripture to me which answers my question directly. Amazing! God bless you

steve kelly
June 3, 2016 11:49 am

Large or small, whether they know it or not, they are ALL businesses as they all do have a BUSINESS LICENSE that is issued by secular government, which we all do know are beasts, as symbolically revealed by the four BEASTS that rose up out of the sea (multitude of the lost) in Daniel.

They ALL are abomination before God as it is written, “neither shall any woman (speaking symbolically of the bride of Christ) stand before a beast to lie down (have union with [business license) thereto: it is confusion (abomination)” (Lev 18:23b).

Richard
Richard
May 31, 2016 7:55 pm

I read of a pastor about 50 years ago who was asked to be the pastor of an existing Church and so the first thing he did was preach the church down to about 10% of its original size and then built it from there. If he was preaching the true gospel message then so be it, at least the people that left would not be fooled into believing that they were true believers.

Wayne C.
Wayne C.
May 31, 2016 8:00 pm
Sad to say, I agree that many churches are either operated as a business or the church leadership is afraid to rock the boat with the whole truth, free of political correctness. I believe a major underlying factor is fear of loss of membership and lower attendance, resulting in lower donations levels. After all, in America, bigger is better. You need to downplay sin (and repentance) and focus on grace if you are going to increase attendance and swell the offering plate. Some pastors, frankly, are oblivious to the truth. Others want to conduct “church as usual”, completely blind and deaf to the reality just outside the church doors. I have approached my pastor regarding end-times and the need to warn the flock. I’m sad to say I’ve made multiple suggestions, comments, and observations to no avail. Warnings and preparations are not in the “playbook”. I mentioned to my wife this weekend that I love my brothers and sisters at our church, but we need to find a church that is awake to the real world and the evil agenda. We need a church that feeds the flock. America is under judgement because the nation sins and does not repent. If our churches don’t join together across all denominational lines to pray for repentance for our individual and collective sins as a nation, there is only divine judgement before us. How can much of the Church be silent? The Church, of all institutions, should be preparing the sheep. What kind of shepherd allows their sheep to be led to slaughter through ignorance, arrogance, political correctness, or fear…or a conscious or unconscious desire to create a cash generating machine? As the future unfolds, I believe we are headed to underground home churches. Persecution will be a catalyst, as well as a… Read more »
May 31, 2016 9:31 pm

Amen, Wayne! You summed it up! What is sad is that I’ve heard there are many pastors out there who know we’re heading for horrific times, but still will not warn their flock! Some are actually prepping in secret?

Lord, I pray for a great awakening in the midst of the coming judgment. I pray for the eyes of pastors and teachers to open now, to prepare their flocks for what’s ahead. Father, I pray we who are already awake will draw ever closer to You, that we will allow ourselves to be transformed into Your image and likeness, that you will have a people prepared to bring in the great harvest that’s coming. In Jesus name, Amen!

Joe
Joe
June 1, 2016 10:00 pm
Recently, I reached out to a pastor that was my pastor in my childhood years. Time has moved on. We both lived in Canada back then. Now we both live in the United States (but in different states) and it had been a while since I last talked with him. I asked him what he’s seeing/hearing in his church circles these days (as we head through these turbulent times) as he’s responsible for a bunch of churches in his denomination. I found his comments very interesting – here’s a snippet: ======================== Personally, I feel that as Christians in North America we will suffer for our faith. The Church, and I mean the Church in a broad sense, has historically been at odds with the government and much of the culture it is part of, only in recent history has the Church enjoyed the recognition and acceptance we have enjoyed. It seems to me the Lord is showing us that no political system is the answer. Our answer must be in His kingdom. We want the benefits of political recognition, tax advantages and and social acceptance because that is what has been true in the recent past. I think most of those things will go away in the near future and the church will have to wrestle with learning how to be Church and live for Christ in a hostile environment. =========================== I think he hit the nail on the head. The church has rarely had it as good as they’ve had it in America in recent decades. Social acceptance…. political recognition and tax advantages have all been in play while more people around the world have been martyred for their Christian faith in this past century than all other centuries combined. We’ve tried to have our cake and eat it… Read more »
June 2, 2016 5:53 am

Joe,
Yes, I believe this pastor has a good handle on the situation. I like what I heard a TV evangelist say years ago, something to the effect of, “No matter what the outside of a package looks like (picture a tube of toothpaste), when you squeeze it, whatever’s inside will come out – the content will be revealed.” When the squeeze comes on the Church, what’s inside will be revealed.

Ken Roberts
Ken Roberts
May 31, 2016 9:39 pm

We started doing home church. My kids love it! No agenda. No program. Whatever the Holy Spirit wants to do, for however long He wants to do it.

OutdoorJon
May 31, 2016 10:18 pm

We started a home church about five years ago. We take turns every Tuesday meeting at each others houses. We usually discuss what God is sharing with us. Then we listen to worship music and worship. Scripture is shared. Next we pray for around thirty or forty minutes. Some people have visions, and some prophesy. We are from various types of churches, but here is a freedom I feel no where else. Someone invited me to a bible study recently. I asked how much of it was prayer and worship. He said they opened with a little prayer and maybe closed with a little prayer. I said “No thank you. There is so much power and fellowship when you pray and worship together.”

Dean
Dean
June 3, 2016 1:16 pm

“Someone invited me to a bible study recently. I asked how much of it was prayer and worship. He said they opened with a little prayer and maybe closed with a little prayer. I said ‘No thank you. There is so much power and fellowship when you pray and worship together.’ ”

Had I been the invitor, I would have been surprised by the question, and dismayed by the response. Do you think it odd that a “Bible study” be comprised of time spent studying the Bible? You were not invited to a “prayer and worship service.”

June 3, 2016 1:46 pm

Dean,
I agree wholeheartedly! We have a lot of prayer and worship in our Bible study group. It’s crucial.
Blessings to you!

June 1, 2016 8:38 am

Outdoor Jon, that sounds awesome! Such freedom. About 10 years ago, we held Wednesday night Bible study in our home for a couple years, until we moved. But it was like you described. Saw awesome manifestations of the Spirit during those gatherings.

June 1, 2016 8:30 am

ken, I’m amazed at the number of z3ers who already have a home church! Is it just your family for now, or do you have others that join you? Blessings to you!

Ken Roberts
Ken Roberts
June 1, 2016 11:38 am

Currently it’s just my family, Diana. We’ve invited some people, but no one is coming yet. I get the impression they are too attached to their church, or they’re hoping their pastor and church will get a clue. It’s probably to late for that though. At least that’s what I’m feeling in my spirit.

Martin Semrok
Martin Semrok
June 3, 2016 7:27 am

Re “sheep to the slaughter” a few years ago I visited my mother-in-laws church. After the meeting, I asked the pastor about the coming judgement. He refused to acknowledge what is coming. Btw when my mother-in-law broke her hip and returned home finally from South Africa, he never phoned or visited her (but they will accept her offerings!). Others who used to go there ( they are both 89 years old but do not have transport to get there,) were given a terse letter stating that now they are no longer members of the church! Care of a shepherd or those who tear the flesh from the bones?
Zechariah 11:4-5
This is what the Lord my God says: “Shepherd the flock marked for slaughter. Their buyers slaughter them and go unpunished. Those who sell them say, ‘Praise the Lord, I am rich!’ Their own shepherds do not spare them.

June 3, 2016 7:39 am

Martin, that is horrendous! My uncle, who passed a couple years ago, was hurt in a similar manner when he was a young man. He left the “church” in discouragement. Thankfully, he came back to the Lord a couple years before his death. It’s easy to understand why judgment must begin at the house of God.

Ken Roberts
Ken Roberts
June 3, 2016 8:44 am

Maybe it will start with Joel Osteen’s Lakewood Church in Houston? Was talking to a good friend of mine last night, who is a Houston cop. Poor dude’s parent’s house got flooded. He said Houston, Dallas, Austin and San Antonio are a mess! Hmmmm…Texas is the home of the “mega-church.” Could it be, that God is cleansing the land with flooding? My friend said they’re expecting 8 more days of rain. I told him, “If you want this to stop, kick Osteen and any other, apostate “mega-church” pastor out of Texas. Then it MIGHT stop. He agreed.

ShannonB
ShannonB
June 1, 2016 2:05 am

Diana,

Thank you for this post and you are so correct and timely with it. Even in our very small church (maybe 40 ppl) we have had so many walk away due to them not liking the word of truth that our Pastor preaches. Some are still very worldly and are continuing to live in their sins thinking that we are not truly in the times that we are. Many I think are just offended by messages of repentance and end times even though some have been very strong core members in our church. Our attendance and tithing has gone down drastically and we have even discussed just going to house services instead of renting the center that we do. We pray for more true believers in Jesus and continue to spread the Word and will not break and give in to the evils of this world. For we are not of this world! I’m praying for your Pastor and church for I’m sure the warfare will come with the message he is giving. Let him remain on fire for the Lord and thwart all evil! We are in the end times and Matt is correct, your Pastor should not relent as it will save souls. We know that the changes happen first within our churches and that is exactly what is taking place. People are leaving churches that are not teaching the times we are in, and then there are people leaving the ones that do. It’s a sifting process that must take place. God Bless and may the Lord protect you under His Mighty Wings. Much love.

June 1, 2016 9:19 am

Well said, Shannon! The Church is definitely going through a sifting process, and that’s the way Pastor Terry describes it. May the Lord give His true and faithful Pastors the strength and courage to say what they hear Him say, and do what they see Him do. I ask for wisdom, guidance, and protection for all of us as we maneuver the waters ahead.

Pastor Benjamin Faircloth
May 31, 2016 8:14 pm

Diana, please know I will be praying for your pastor and your church. If he needs a friend to stand with him, please give him my contact information from my website. Blessings!

May 31, 2016 9:17 pm

Pastor Faircloth,
I will pass that information along to him! Thank you for your prayers and ministry!

Joseph Secola
Joseph Secola
May 31, 2016 5:40 pm

Thank you Diana for the excellent report of the obedience of your Pastor. It is encouraging. If we could have the names of the church and the pastor, I am sure many of us would want to pray for him. I pray regularly that the Holy Spirit would fall on the Pastors in my area and that they would preach righteousness and repentance. I am sure many Christians are praying similar prayers.

May 31, 2016 6:50 pm

Joseph, yes all the faithful pastors need our fervent prayers. I don’t know that he’d want me to disclose his full name over the internet, but if you’ll pray for Pastor Terry in Oklahoma, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you!

Susie
Susie
May 31, 2016 9:07 pm

Ok girls, it looks like all 3 of us are from OK…! 🙂 Good to know many in our state are awake and aware.

June 1, 2016 7:38 am

Susie, that’s great! Feel free to get my email from James. I’d love to stay in contact.

Christina January
May 31, 2016 8:19 pm

Diana, I live in OK. I’m encouraged and thankful to hear your pastor is ‘on fire for the Lord’. God bless him and I will pray for him to stay strong in the Lord. God bless you too

May 31, 2016 9:15 pm

Christina,
That’s awesome! Didn’t realize you also live in Oklahoma. Hopefully, we can meet sometime. Thanks for the prayers!

Christina January
Christina January
May 31, 2016 10:11 pm

Diana, that would be a blessing. Feel free to contact James for my email any time.

Thia
Thia
May 31, 2016 4:51 pm

Honestly, I have no idea what is going on in the church I used to attend. I was baptized as a baby in that church, confirmed as a teenager in that church and married in that church. My family left the church last year. I was never comfortable around the new pastor. I always felt threatened by him even though he looks like a very meek man. He did marry my husband and me and he also baptized my oldest son. Shortly after, he got a divorce and started telling one of my closest friends… Also, the godmother to my children… Very inappropriate things about his ex-wife through Facebook private messages. He also said some inappropriate things about my friend’s appearance through Facebook private messages as well. The whole thing was very ugly and seedy. I never told anyone how he made me feel uncomfortable because of his meek appearance. I felt like I’d be laughed at. Only when my dear friend confessed to me and told me of the messages did I finally tell my family and friends the truth about my feelings about him. I now just stay at home and listen to the bible on cd and I’m perfectly happy with that!

Thia
Thia
May 31, 2016 4:53 pm

I also listen to David Wilkerson’s sermons. Love that man!

May 31, 2016 6:27 pm

Thia,
If I hadn’t found this church, I was ready to stay home myself. I see this happening soon – home churches, and have begun to prepare with Bibles, etc.

Katie Troutman
Katie Troutman
May 31, 2016 4:08 pm

So sad. The backslidden “church” is in a funk for sure. To dare come against the holy and pure message of our Righteous Father and Lord Jesus Christ. What can you say? That’s disgusting to feel the need to walk out of a service that preaches the truth. It took all I’ve got to remain in the dead services! I’d love to shout a loud , strong Amen to your pastor Diana. The coming judgement is deserved….and yes , it is His Mercy.

May 31, 2016 6:36 pm

Katie,
I agree. We need to speak words of encouragement and literally stand in support of these faithful pastors. And we do shout a loud “Amen” to this courageous leader during our services.