- But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come, harsh times of trouble and danger that will be hard to bear.
- For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, showing themselves above others, speaking slanderous words against other people and blasphemous words against the Lord, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, not thankful for anything they have been given, unholy, wicked,
- Unloving, hard-hearted even towards members of their own family, without any natural warmth or feelings for people around them, irreconcilable, unwilling to make peace with anyone, bent towards hostility, breaking any promises they make. They take sides with the devil by making false accusations against other people, slandering them with their gossip. They are powerless to stop themselves from doing these things, having no self-control. They are untamed fierce savages, brutal, hating, and despising good people and everything that is good.
- They are traitors who betray their friends and turn against those who trusted them. They are reckless, falling headlong and making rash decisions. They are puffed up with pride and conceited, which causes them to be rude, disrespectful, brazen, foolish, and stupid. They are lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,
- Holding only to the appearance of godliness and a phony semblance of holiness, but they have rejected the miracles of God and denied His power. Avoid such men as these.
See more Bible Extended Edition.