83-Year Old Grandma Knows When It’s Time to Sell

My 83 year-old mother has proven over many years to be a reliable barometer of what is happening in the real estate market. She has a history of selling homes at the right time, just before the real estate market drops. She has followed God’s leading on when to sell and when to buy and has been rewarded financially.

She is a widow and truly believes her Heavenly Father takes care of her and is interested in her daily affairs. She is in excellent health and of sound mind and has been walking with the Lord since her early 20’s.

Years ago, she was sensing it was time to sell her home again, but she wanted to be sure she was hearing from the Lord. She discussed this with me and told me her plan was if God wanted her to sell her home, He would bring a buyer to her door without her putting it on the market or even putting up any ‘For Sale’ signs.

I wish you could have seen the look on my face when she told me this plan. I thought it was a cuckoo idea! But, out of respect for her I lamely said, “Well, I will agree with you in prayer that God will bring a buyer to your door.” Truly, my faith level was at near zero for something like that.

Shortly after we spoke, a young professional woman knocked on her door and said, “I’ve driven by your home many times and have admired it as I pass by. Have you ever thought of selling it? Because I’d be interested.”

Long story short, my mother sold that home at a time when the real estate market was doing remarkably well and made a remarkable profit. Soon afterwards, the market plummeted, so she was able to purchase a different home for a lesser current market value. She stayed there for several years and then sold that home in 2008, just before the collapse of the housing market. Once again she made a great profit and then moved into the home she is currently living in.

For the past several months, she has been considering moving and leaving the state of California. Last month, May 2017, during her morning devotions, she received a definitive word from the Lord and she knew without a doubt in her spirit it was time to sell again. She also knew it was time to leave the state of California for good after living there for fifty years.

She called me last week to further discuss her decision. She expects to have her home listed within the next few days. She told me that every time she has sold her homes, she first studied the equities markets, both the Dow and S&P. She has used the markets as an indicator of times to buy and sell, along with the voice of the Lord. I had no idea she paid attention to the markets at all!

During the past several weeks, she has experienced the pressure of wrapping things up, selling her things, boxing things up, talking about moving and how it should be done. When I asked her again, “Do you feel certain that it is time for you to move and leave the state?” She answered very strongly with no hesitation, “I am certain it is time for me to sell my house and move. When the Lord spoke to me in May, since that time I have had peace in knowing this is what I am supposed to do. I have no doubt.”

She went on to say, “Over the years real estate has been good to me and I know that during this time I will profit again.”

We then discussed the state of the stock market and the looming crash to come. She said she wanted to get her house on the market as soon as possible because she knows that time is coming. So, after much prayer and consideration, she made the monumental decision to list her home for sale by next week. After her home sells, she will be leaving the state of California for good.

We all have to listen to the voice of the Lord for ourselves and for our own circumstances, but I have learned to pay attention when my mother says it’s time to sell. I also find it interesting because she believes it is time to leave California.

Author: Michele Burdo

Michele Burdo, along with her husband Tony, are a music duo that have performed and shared the stage with many people in the Christian Music Industry including: Randy Stonehill, Phil Driscoll, Russ Taff, Phil Keaggy, Steven Curtis Chapman, Michael W. Smith, the Newsboys, Delirious, and many others. They are published songwriters with BMI and have had the opportunity to record and perform their songs throughout all of North America. Together they have served as Worship Leaders at various ministries. Their music can be found on: iTunes Apple Music, Spotify, and YouTube. You can also like them on FaceBook at facebook.com/BurdoMusic.

Many of Michele’s lyrics are inspired from prophetic dreams and supernatural encounters with the Lord. She has a passion for communicating with others about the deep things of God.

Donate with any major credit or debit card.
For other payment methods, click here.

Krista West
June 30, 2017 12:13 am

I feel the anointing of this message. I have no doubt that the Lord has led your mother out of California. Thank you for sharing!

June 30, 2017 5:29 pm

Thank you, Krista!

Brother Steven
Brother Steven
June 29, 2017 11:37 pm

What a remote and humble way the Lord is communicating a possible large scale event to hit the west coast. We too, were able by God’s leading to leave our home 3 months before the 2008 housing slide and our forth coming Landlord could hardly believe our story that we got out in the nick of time, but it’s true. I guess since I have had a similar experience in this same area, that I am fully on board with this and that’s why I say perhaps big time trouble is coming to the West Coast……and God is using this humble wayside out of the ordinary story to prepare us for that.

July 2, 2017 12:51 am

Hi Brother Steven,
Thank you for your comment. Have you sent the two latest comments on Steve Quayle’s website under the Alerts? It’s all about an earthquake coming to the West coast.

Anne
Anne
July 2, 2017 9:57 am

Michele, thank you for bringing Steve’s alert section to our attention. I’ve been checking his news, but not the alerts lately. my sister and her family live in LA County.

July 2, 2017 2:39 pm

Hi Anne,
Those were definitely interesting alerts. I wonder who wrote them?

Brother Steven
Brother Steven
July 2, 2017 1:55 am

Hi Michele, I haven’t sent him any alerts, but I do monitor SQ and many others, and yes, I do believe its probably going to be a big Earthquake or a Dam break or some sort of huge “people” affecting event. God will warn His stragglers at the last minute I believe. Thanks for posting this encouraging message.

July 2, 2017 8:48 am

Hello Brother Steven,
There are so many prophetic words in regards to California. I often look at SQ also. I always look forward to reading the Z3 articles and the interesting comments.

Chris
Chris
June 30, 2017 12:16 pm

I wonder when the next big earthquake will strike in CA. The movies 2012 and San Andreas have predicted it.

Carol
June 30, 2017 1:25 am

CA is a large state. Which area is she in? I live in the rolling foothills of No. California and have had a dream with 1) a ginormous SAFE dropped off by a delivery service in my front yard, 2) a school fire alarm wall-mounted printed with the words “ELIJAH OPTION” (I am a public school teacher), and 3) I was taken to a city, in the spirit knew San Francisco, but with the spirit of Reno (known as the divorce capital of America/gambling in its past when I researched) when a huge earthquake hit. I was in a tall office tower and large chunks big enough to cover and squash people were falling. I left and tried to call 911, but was redirected to 411 (which is informational number). I took this as God saying he is showing information but an emergency number will do no good the scale will be so large. 111th anniversary this year. Those 111 patterns again.

michelle Gibson
michelle Gibson
June 30, 2017 12:16 pm

Carol, I had a dream where I was above the state of California and was shown the capital of California like looking at a map and heard the words, “All Call”. end of dream

Matt NZ
June 30, 2017 2:17 pm

The “All Call” might have been made already. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxIZxS7KN_c

“Prophetic word 5-12-17 at 3 am “Move Away from the West Coastline!”

michael c.
michael c.
June 30, 2017 12:56 pm

Hi Michelle, what do you think “All Call” means? I live in California.
Thanks

Carol
June 30, 2017 3:03 pm

At public schools, an “all call” is placed over the intercom system for all to hear that one lost sheep (child) is wandering the campus while their worried parent waits at the office (place of safety) for them. It states a command: “Would (name) please report to the office immediately. Your parent is waiting for you.” Sounds a lot like the parable of the lost sheep doesn’t it? With God our Father calling for us to enter His place of safety.

June 30, 2017 5:53 pm

Hi Michael,
In Carol’s dream she was looking down at a map showing the capital of California and heard “All Call”. Maybe, it refers to an emergency broadcast put out on phones and/or TV, alerting as many people as possible to an emergency situation.
Interestingly, that term is also used by the crew on passenger planes, meaning all doors are shut and secured, all persons in place and so the plane is ready for take off.
We all know it is impossible for everyone to leave any one state, but to those who are asking the Lord for answers about their location, God is speaking!

Brother Steven
Brother Steven
July 2, 2017 1:59 am

“Maybe, it refers to an emergency broadcast put out on phones and/or TV, alerting as many people as possible to an emergency situation.”
BRILLIANT !!! Most likely-best interpretation!!!

Bonnie Paasch
Bonnie Paasch
June 30, 2017 10:36 am

Carol, those are interesting dreams. Did you feel that the huge safe dropped in your yard meant that you are ok where you are? What do you think that the ” Elijah option” meant? I will pray for God to give you good discernment.

Carol
June 30, 2017 3:16 pm

Night of Jan. 2, 2016, safe is part of multiple bride dreams:
1) Feeling full of hope and joy I am told to choose the most beautiful ballgown available & marveling at trying them on by how lovely are my choices & then putting one on to be ready for the big event coming..a gift of great beauty.
2) A truck roars up with a woman driver very close behind a home where I am living happily & securely. A ginormous cubed safe as tall as a person is delivered. (This puzzled me until Holy Spirit revealed it as being safe, not an actual object.)
3) Part of joyous wedding preparations. I seem to be mother of groom. Everyone’s getting dressed in lovely outfits. I am invited to dance b4 wedding in front of gusts on large oval dance floor by best man. We were dressed early and had extra time.

Carol
June 30, 2017 3:33 pm

Also – a long story – but I have 2 miracle children born after first 2 and husband’s vascectomy. Angel appeared in dream & said I was to have more. “Be it unto me as you say” leads to reversal surgery & daughter on 1//4. So Elijah option dream occurs on her 15th birthday: An alarm to be sounded if need be, like a mounted fire alarm. Holy Spirit download: God’s prophet known for sounding alarm of judgement. His translation…his is a type of rapture — kept safe and brought to heaven by God without death…so translation will come, but during time of general alarm and panic, as when a fire alarm at a school is pulled. My dream where I experienced the translation from mortal to immortal in a sort of white-hot, glowing body that rose up through the ceiling happened on my son’s 5th birthday, which is also the anniversary of reversal surgery! Our God just loves numbers. (First 2 children have same birthday, 3 years apart: 5-11, which definitely caught my attention.) We celebrate their “unbirthday” on 11-11 which is now a separate post by James.

Katie Troutman
Katie Troutman
June 30, 2017 4:53 pm

That is amazing Carol !!

June 30, 2017 5:32 pm

Carol, that is such an interesting dream! I’d love to know its interpretation.

June 30, 2017 3:00 am

Thanks Carol. She lives in the San Diego area.

Kathleen Nelson
June 30, 2017 1:11 am

I was reading and hearing of the things people have seen in dreams and visions
Like the meteor or floods etc. I was thinking what could be the first one.
So I asked the Lord wich would be the first one that would happen?
I was brought to the south side of California up in the spirit looking at the state
If I can remember correctly it would touch the state next to it as well

Freedom2017
Freedom2017
June 29, 2017 11:50 pm

Amen, this is a confirmation, I have told my wife we need to sell our house this year, I believe we have less than a year before housing prices crater. The market crash is coming, The Lord has shown me dreams of this. I don’t know when, but it is coming.

June 30, 2017 5:29 pm

I pray God gives both you and your wife direction for where He wants you to be.

Freedom2017
Freedom2017
June 30, 2017 10:32 pm

Thank you Michele. God bless you.

Cory Ann
Cory Ann
June 30, 2017 3:26 pm

This really hits close to home! The LORD has called my family to move back to Illinois where my parents live. We obeyed God’s direction and immediately put our house up for sale. It sold within two weeks and we moved in with my parents. Later, the buyer backed out! We were devastated but, what could we do but re-list it. We did and this time it took 2 months to get a new buyer only for them to back out too. We’re certainly feeling our faith being tested. We know God wants us here and we’re praying that our home will sell before the financial collapse hits!

June 30, 2017 9:52 pm

Praying now, Cory Ann!
Lord, we ask that you send a qualified buyer for this home, as soon as possible and that all hinderances be removed. Thank you that we have assurance that the steps of a good man are ordered of the Lord and that You, oh God are working on Cory Ann’s behalf.

Stephanie
Stephanie
June 30, 2017 8:03 am

Amen, this is another confirmation of judgment coming to California. I continue to pray that more people hear those messages meant for them, and quickly make a move

June 30, 2017 6:03 pm

Hi Stephanie,
Some people will stay and some will go. I pray God give supernatural protection, Psalm 91 protection, wherever they may be.

Stephanie
Stephanie
July 1, 2017 8:01 am

Yes! We each have different roles and not everyone will be called to move. Some people may have an important role where they currently live. I’ve noticed some people (not so much Z3ers) are unsure of what to do because they are looking at what others are doing as a guide instead of listening to what the Lord is calling them to do.

Jen B.
Jen B.
June 30, 2017 8:03 am

I am not sure what this means if anything but…this morning (a bit ago) I told my husband..it is so hot (we live in Illinois) and I wish we could move to somewhere cooler like San Francisco or San Diego. Mind you I would never move there. However, I read this article almost right after I was telling him and in the comments I saw San Francisco and San Diego. I know it is the Lord telling me something but I am just not sure what yet. There is no way I would speak those 2 cities and then read this and see those 2 exact city names.

June 30, 2017 6:01 pm

Hi Jen,
As I said in another comment, I’ve lived in both San Francisco and San Diego. I now live in The South. After a series of dreams and events, we left the city and now live in the country. It’s been a journey!

Meranda
July 1, 2017 12:36 pm

California is going to face terrifying judgment in the days ahead, this is yet another conformation that our Father is warning His people. At this link I have collected 49 prophecies for California. http://whygodreallyexists.com/archives/category/specific-prophetic-locations/prophecy-for-california

If you live in California, PLEASE consider moving out of the state. We cannot determine when these judgments will take place, but I suspect we should be seeing them soon.

Meranda

July 2, 2017 1:31 am

Hi Meranda,
Thank you for posting the above link to prophecies for California. These words are very sobering! Some years ago, I dreamed I was standing in a very tall high rise overlooking the sea. I sensed I was in Mexico, likely not far from Southern California. As I gazed out the giant plate glass window, I saw afar off a giant tsunami approaching. It was a terrifying sight. I looked down at the many people on the beach. I was so high up, the people below looked tiny. The tsunami reached shore and swallowed everything in sight and the sea water slapped the great plate glass in front of me in a shocking slap. The glass did not break, but my mouth was filled with sea water. End of dream.

Meranda Devan
July 4, 2017 2:51 am

Thank you for sharing your dream Michele. I have read a number of dreams with people viewing an event in a glass building. Whether it was martial law, or a coming tsunami, a glass window, or a glass building has been mentioned quite a few times. I am not sure the significance of that. Out of curiosity, do you live in California?

July 5, 2017 6:54 pm

Hi Meranda,
It seems like the looking out a window may signify a looking into the future. I used to live in San Francisco and then SanDiego. I now live in The South.

Meranda Devan
July 6, 2017 1:21 am

That is a very good thought with the window! Likely that is what it means.

The reason I ask where you live is often times these dreams are a warning to those who get them. A personal warning.

San Francisco is mentioned in many tsunami prophecies.

If you live in the South… not sure if you mean southern California, or Texas-south… I would leave California. I remember reading in a prophecy that God is allowing these different floods, disasters to happen to force people out before its too late. Its no wonder why we are seeing so many people from California come to Idaho… I truly believe God is forcing people out of that area to save their lives in the days ahead.

Lots of love! Meranda

July 6, 2017 12:38 pm

Hello Meranda,
Thank you for your reply and links! I love reading from the http://www.whygodreallyexists.com.
Idaho sounds like a lovely place. My sister in law’s family has left San Diego for Idaho. They love it there. I sent them the information about Michael Snyder running for office. We need Holy Spirit inspired people in government.

Yes, I left California years ago. Another series of moves and we now live in rural North Georgia. Through confirmations and prayer and dreams from the Lord, we ended up here. My husband who was somewhat reluctant, had a dream where the Lord appeared to him as a lion. It was made plain in the dream that he was to move and that the lion would go with us. He described the lion as both fierce and loving. Our whole family has End Time dreams. Including: tsunami, tornado, foreign invasion on U.S. soil, wars, evading capture, miracles, dead raised, empowerment by the Holy Spirit, glorious travel
and glorious music. We consider it a privilege to be alive at this time. All of Heaven has waited for this time. May we go forth in great power and do EVERYTHING that He has called us to do. We are to be overcomers by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony.

Much Love to you, Meranda and all the precious saints of God.

Meranda
July 7, 2017 2:03 pm

Michele, Thank you for sharing that info with your sister in laws family. If we believers don’t try to take those seats in gvt, then the radical left will.

It sounds like you are in the exact location that God wants you to be in. What a powerful confirmation. Thank you for sharing that with us. God is great, in every way! If you are on facebook, be sure to add me as a friend. Send me a message so I can add you. https://www.facebook.com/meranda.devan

Lots of love! Huge blessings to you and your family Michele.

July 8, 2017 6:30 pm

Hello Again, Meranda,
I sent you a PM on Facebook and a friend request. I invite you to ‘like’ my music page:

My husband and I have done music all over North America. 😊

July 15, 2017 4:24 pm

Hey Meranda! Just to let you know, my mother’s home is under contract, in less than a week of being listed. Hooray!!

Meranda Devan
July 16, 2017 8:45 pm

Oh my goodness!!! Amen! Praise be to God!!

Diana
Diana
July 1, 2017 1:03 pm

Michele,Thankyou for sharing this..Your mother sounds like a wonderful woman,one who seeks to follow Yahs leading.I saw where you said she was thinking of Georgia to move.I hear thats a good place.Refuge being set up there…Near Alabama /Georgia line…The land is beautiful there also…..blessings today.

MVP
MVP
July 2, 2017 6:01 pm

Hey Diana do you happen to know if the refuge in the Alabama/Georgia line is close to Columbus, Ga?

Diana
Diana
July 2, 2017 8:21 pm

MVP,
It is still in the makings..near the Summerville area I believe….I would imagine that there must be a few going on…? Blessings today

July 2, 2017 1:34 am

Hello Diana,
Thank you for your comment. I did not know there was a refuge being set up near the Georgia Alabama line. That is interesting. Blessings to you.